FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the cinderblock came from under the trailer. They use those to level the home. Could have had some extras and left them underneath?

In the photos/videos does the underpinning/skirt on the house look to be intact, or is some of it pulled off?

Yeah, that's a good question. Or, since the trailer did have a wooden handicapped ramp out the back door..could there have been cinderblocks propping the end of that up?

The earlier presser with the mustachioed detective: When asked about gf's polygraph, he acknowledged that she had taken one but was firmly no comment about the results. He also said that they were hoping to find Hayleigh alive and well. I am still of the opinion that a miscreant known to the dad and gf came to the house and took her- and is holding her until he is paid or paid back by the dad. If that is so, and the dad has talked, then they may have an idea about who has her and where he is.

I'm wondering if the cinderblock came from under the trailer. They use those to level the home. Could have had some extras and left them underneath?

In the photos/videos does the underpinning/skirt on the house look to be intact, or is some of it pulled off?

LE must have checked under the trailer, dont u think? I mean, I lived in a MH in Ocala years ago and I used to joke to the ex that it was so dark underneath there could be a body under there and you wouldnt know it. There ARE blocks underneath trailers and someone could have removed one to prop door open and then buried a body under there where the they got the block from.

What I meant to explain is..the g/f would not have used a brick to keep the door open..she would not have had to make a quiet escape with haleigh.

True! But I don't believe the brick was used for a quiet escape but to make it easier to get out while carrying a 5 yr old..Going out the back would be less noticeable then the front also..

Does anyone know if the search of the canal has started yet? TIA

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131129&catid=3

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield says he doesn't understand how that could happen.
"If you're in the bed with your child and you get up and use the bathroom," Sheffield said, "is there enough time for someone to come to the house and snatch the child out of the bed and disappear... without you getting back to the bed in time? No!"

Last night on Greta the grandma said that the bathroom was in the bedroom,that is what has me puzzled unless mentioned by someone earlier that she got out of bed and went to the bathroom and didn't notice that the girl was gone until after she was through in the br.

At this point, I do feel that if the Gf did pass that polygraph, the authorities would say it so that the focus can go directly at finding this child.. I know they are focused on it, but the general public already has suspicions and in order to help, I feel they would tell that she passed.
Something isn't right..
I still would like to know if anyone seen this child other than the girlfriend past dark?

LE must have checked under the trailer, dont u think? I mean, I lived in a MH in Ocala years ago and I used to joke to the ex that it was so dark underneath there could be a body under there and you wouldnt know it. There ARE blocks underneath trailers and someone could have removed one to prop door open and then buried a body under there where the they got the block from.

But then again, LE didnt notice the disturbed soil across the street a few days after Jessica Lunsford disapeared either.

The earlier presser with the mustachioed detective: When asked about gf's polygraph, he acknowledged that she had taken one but was firmly no comment about the results. He also said that they were hoping to find Hayleigh alive and well. I am still of the opinion that a miscreant known to the dad and gf came to the house and took her- and is holding her until he is paid or paid back by the dad. If that is so, and the dad has talked, then they may have an idea about who has her and where he is.

No comment on her results? Not good, IMO.

I am wondering how high the bedroom windows are in the trailer? I think they are usually a bit higher because of the foundation. Are there curtains or blinds on the windows? If someone would be able to look in if there was no deck or porch? Also I think this person would not automatically look for the child in the master bedroom, but in the childs bedroom unless they knew the kids slept with the g/f and father. If you walk into a dark bedroom and there are 3 people sleeping how easily would you be able to tell who was sleeping where?

Thanks, SWAG. That helps.

IMHO...an abductor committed in his/her mind to carrying out even a hurried plan would not hesitate to cut a screen door to gain access...esp. if he/she had a key to the deadbolt lock. If I'm the abductor I'm through that screen door with a knife in less than 3 seconds...not even a blink...propping the door is not a consideration unless I'm a 'peeping Tom' on a screened porch situation.

A gf having the key to the deadbolt and needing to to regain access to the house where she left the kids sleeping whilst she went about other plans elsewhere...WOULD be concerned about preserving the screen door and would prop it open to ensure access upon her return. Under these circumstances her return would be just a few minutes before her boyfriends expected arrival, and upon her return to find Haleigh missing would explain (a) her not having the opportunity to remove the prop from the door, (b) the timing of her call to the boyfriend upon his pulling into the driveway a few short minutes after her own return/arrival, and (c) her not having called 911.
Yep - ITA - I'm leaning to the side that gf "went out" at night after the kids were asleep. Maybe dad has "caught" her before doing this - either by meeting up with her as she got back or through some other means - conversations about "the night before" or "well I was at so and so" or maybe even friend of dad saw her out somewhere without her knowing about it.

There was an obvious rift between them as the dad called her a "dumb b*tch girlfriend" in the police report.

Maybe dad has even caught her cheating - in the act.

In the 911 call - the dispatcher asks the gf if there were any marks on the door and she didn't know. She told the dispatcher to hold on. Then came back and said no.

I truly believe there is someone else involved in this and that the gf is quite possibly ONE of them. If Haleigh was taken out and "stashed" - those canines would have found her - they had her scent. With that I also believe that she is out of the area now.

Since, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing", I'll be reckless here 'bout the door...appreciate being filled in if/when the information becomes reliably available...

• Reading father deadbolted door shut earlier.
  • Reading gf discovered a door (screen/storm?) propped open.
  • Reading it was propped open with something akin to a brick/stepping stone/paver.

I am envisioning we're dealing with a two-door set-up here that has a screen/storm door outside of a solid door. One pic of the home appeared to have something like a screened porch on the back...dunno if that is what we are dealing with here....

Observations regarding the door/prop situation under these circumstances, assuming the father or gf aren't directly involved:

1) If the screen/storm door has a 'closer' or spring on it, or the door itself is noisy (as suggested above) and one wants to make a covert entrance & exit - esp. if one expects to be carrying something upon exit - one would prop this door open.

2) If access through the screen/storm door affords a better view into the rooms occuppied by the gf & Haleigh from the exterior one would prop this door open whilst one peered through the windows to afford a quick escape/exit if this began as a 'peeping Tom' incident, or, simply observing for the conditions inside the house to be 'right' for an abduction. If this is a screened porch situation that affords a 'peeping Tom' some cover, LE might find various forms of evidence present near in this porch area, esp. imediately near the window(s).

3) If the prop isn't native to the area of the door...its origin is very important...from a nearby home? If brought by the perp this certainly indicates some degree of advance knowledge/familiarity and planning. Origin of the prop will be telling.

4) If this is a two-door set-up and there was no sign of forced entry...the perp has a key to the deadbolt lock, and if the propped door was indeed a screen or storm door that has the common inside-only operated lock set-up...well then...the perp had to prop this door open to ensure access to the deadbolt lock of the interior door at a (a) a time when the perp had legitimate access to open the screen/storm door (friend/neighbor/etc.) earlier that evening...or (b) at a time immediately after the door had been opened by the father or gf but not monitored all the way to closing. In either case, if the prop used is not native to the area and other objects that could've equally served as props were available...this tells us something about the circumstances of the prop being put into place.

5) If the door was screen vs. glass it would have been a simple matter of cutting the screen vs. propping the door open if this door was locked. A glass door would need to be propped open in some manner, or the latch would have to be interfered with in some manner...dealing with a glass door would be more problematic.

I'd like to know more about the door set-up, condition as-found, and the prop.

Wow- Bond you explained that soo well. Thank-you

Will go check out the video again.IIRC in my mush brain- It was screen door and hard door together- It reminded me alittle of the door on this crazy nice RV that dbf's mom owns...if that helps anyone..i will double check and edit, if i am wrong. Thanks again...

I am wondering how high the bedroom windows are in the trailer? I think they are usually a bit higher because of the foundation. Are there curtains or blinds on the windows? If someone would be able to look in if there was no deck or porch? Also I think this person would not automatically look for the child in the master bedroom, but in the childs bedroom unless they knew the kids slept with the g/f and father. If you walk into a dark bedroom and there are 3 people sleeping how easily would you be able to tell who was sleeping where?

Exactly!

Is there information yet about the last confirmed, independent sighting of Haleigh? Not a family member, but friend, neighbor, teacher, bus driver? Besides the father and gf, who saw Haleigh last and what time was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa