FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariane... nope I'm sorry to say I'm not the least shocked, quite the contrary. This scene is only too familiar and sadly plays out over and over. Yes, there are random stranger crimes perpetrated by strangers but I'm talking about minimizing the risks to children and reducing the likelihood a chlid will become a victim. No parent is perfect nor can they completely remove every possibility of risk... but we need to examine the kinds of people and activities we expose children to. But I assure you I am FAR from "shocked." Rather, it's about whether we may wish to consider how we might have a different outcome for our children, including taking a look at the caregivers, circumstances and conditions under which they are being raised--abused, abducted, or worse. Cuz if we keep on doin' what we've been doin' ("oh those kids are fine, we survived didn't we...") we're gonna keep on gittin' what we've been gittin'. JMO

:parrot:

I just wanted to add that I see a picture of a Daddy, no doubt baiting the hook on his little girl's fishing pole. A lot of people would have told you that my Daddy was a when I was a kid...but I've got a million pictures just like that one of me and my Dad when I was a kid. I'd be willing to bet there's a picture somewhere of Daddy and "Haleigh's first fish." Regardless of what he was and in spite of his shortcomings, my Dad would have given his life for me.
jus sayin'............

Thank you, it's good to hear the positive! :)

Yes and it hardly has to be the "Cleavers," as someone said. I just think that every child deserves to have some order, stability, and at least one consistent adult who puts their needs first. I am a single (divorced) mother, w/ a chronic illness and very limited income. But my four children are everything to me. And I would not expose them to anything like what we've seen here. That doesn't mean I'm trying to be holier than thou, it simply means I have gratitude and appreciation for the gift my children are, never lose focus or lose sight of that but take my responsibilities seriously. JMO

:blowkiss:

OBVIOUSLY every child deserves order, stability and at least one consistent adult. I don't think anyone here would dispute that. It's heart breaking that so many children don't have those things. And I think it's admirable that you cherish your children and treat them as gifts, as I'm sure we all do on this forum...whether we choose to "judge*" this family or not. (*or whatever you choose to call it, semantics aside)

It's very apparent this man has had problems, his girlfriend has problems, the extended families have problems. I'm not condoning irresponsible behavior. I'm not condoning their lifestyle choices. But then again I HAVEN'T WALKED IN THEIR SHOES and therefore do not feel qualified to judge anything about them.

A court of law judged him to be a fit parent for these children. A court of law that had full access to ALL his arrest records and all the circumstances therein. We don't. I feel like bashing these people at this horrific time, is not productive.

It is natural to want to scrutinize the family when something like this happens, but I do think so many tend to "look down their noses" at ones who do not seem to live up to their own standards, in every case. Family dynamics aside, they have to be hurting as much as any parents and grandparents are. I feel bad for all of them.
I hope they find this little girl soon, and pray God she is found alive, but it is not looking very promising.

Well there were some very horrible things said about the Smart's and they were the complete opposite of this family, polar opposites. People looked down their noses at them.

Spot on, SS! If she's still alive this late in the game, someone is tending to her, in some way. .

With a lot of evidence gone too.
I think they know and aren't ready to tell the public yet.
Somebody is sitting under some very bright lights right now.
IMO

[/quote]Out of all of those...this is the only one that remotely bothers me. You should never leave the scene of accident especially where there are injuries. Period.[/quote]

Taken individually yes each one can be explained away. But how many times have you been arrested and charged, misdemeanor or not? If you have a daughter would you be comfortable with her saying the guy she is moving in with has had 15 plus charges over the years, but no time served. Or would that be a screaming red flag?

And again- I don't think he has anything to do with the disappearance of his daughter. But I am not going to say I think he is a model citizen.

Did you read through those tho? Yes. He has a past history, but a Judge who read the same records felt he was capable and fit to raise his children for whatever reasons. (He also knows the full case records which we are not seeing and may know a lot of things we do not.)
Hi! My doubts aren't with the dad so much as with the g/f, who might not be the best person to take care of two small children almost 24/7 and especially at night while he's at work. She might be the only person he could find to do it though, or maybe he really does care about her. I'm just curious what their relationship really is like though and if there are any problems, could the g/f have taken out anger on Haleigh. MOO.

OBVIOUSLY every child deserves order, stability and at least one consistent adult. I don't think anyone here would dispute that. It's heart breaking that so many children don't have those things. And I think it's admirable that you cherish your children and treat them as gifts, as I'm sure we all do on this forum...whether we choose to "judge*" this family or not. (*or whatever you choose to call it, semantics aside)

It's very apparent this man has had problems, his girlfriend has problems, the extended families have problems. I'm not condoning irresponsible behavior. I'm not condoning their lifestyle choices. But then again I HAVEN'T WALKED IN THEIR SHOES and therefore do not feel qualified to judge anything about them.

A court of law judged him to be a fit parent for these children. A court of law that had full access to ALL his arrest records and all the circumstances therein. We don't. I feel like bashing these people at this horrific time, is not productive.

Guess we all have are opinions on what constitutes bashing. :)

What is the most recent report on KSJ? He was my prime subject from the beginning and still is. The timing and abundance of motives on the part of the bio mom has given me pause at times, though.

Swag~ I promise you if they honestly felt or had evidence someone had her right now and was in the area...they would have two thousand men out there banging on every door until they found her.

Well there were some very horrible things said about the Smart's and they were the complete opposite of this family, polar opposites. People looked down their noses at them.

I think that is a normal human reaction, not pretty, but normal. It is a self protect mode. It is too emotionally exhausting to look at every tragedy and think OMG that could happen to me. My whole life could unravel at any moment and it would be totally out of my control. It is much more comfortable to sit back and say they did all of the following things wrong and if they hadn't done so they wouldn't be where they are today.

What is the most recent report on KSJ? He was my prime subject from the beginning and still is. The timing and abundance of motives on the part of the bio mom has given me pause at times, though.

This is where my mind goes to as well.

Ariane... nope I'm sorry to say I'm not the least shocked, quite the contrary. This scene is only too familiar and sadly plays out over and over. Yes, there are random stranger crimes perpetrated by strangers but I'm talking about minimizing the risks to children and reducing the likelihood a chlid will become a victim. No parent is perfect nor can they completely remove every possibility of risk... but we need to examine the kinds of people and activities we expose children to. But I assure you I am FAR from "shocked." Rather, it's about whether we may wish to consider how we might have a different outcome for our children, including taking a look at the caregivers, circumstances and conditions under which they are being raised--abused, abducted, or worse. Cuz if we keep on doin' what we've been doin' ("oh those kids are fine, we survived didn't we...") we're gonna keep on gittin' what we've been gittin'. JMO

Great post. IMO this is a societal problem.

I haven't heard any report on KSJ. Bio mom and family scream revenge to me. (I hope I am wrong about them.)

Taken individually yes each one can be explained away. But how many times have you been arrested and charged, misdemeanor or not? If you have a daughter would you be comfortable with her saying the guy she is moving in with has had 15 plus charges over the years, but no time served. Or would that be a screaming red flag?

And again- I don't think he has anything to do with the disappearance of his daughter. But I am not going to say I think he is a model citizen.

These were my thoughts as the last thread closed. I think it's safe to say he is not exactly law abiding. I don't think he had anything to do with this whatsoever but poor Haleigh's living situation did make the chances of this happening greater IMO.

I'm sorry, is there a list of names somewhere I can go to figure out who this is? :confused:

Did you read through those tho? Yes. He has a past history, but a Judge who read the same records felt he was capable and fit to raise his children for whatever reasons. (He also knows the full case records which we are not seeing and may know a lot of things we do not.)

i agree, it looks like misdemeanor offenses, tickets, paid and done. no one knows the full situation here.

I think that is a normal human reaction, not pretty, but normal. It is a self protect mode. It is too emotionally exhausting to look at every tragedy and think OMG that could happen to me. My whole life could unravel at any moment and it would be totally out of my control. It is much more comfortable to sit back and say they did all of the following things wrong and if they hadn't done so they wouldn't be where they are today.
I'm not comfortable knowing this little girl is missing period. IMO we bring "ourselves", as in our own personal knowledge and experience, in trying to help UNDERSTAND what may have happened to this little girl. Tragedy knows no boundaries...it claims everyone (or most) at one time or another. Even though these folk may not "live" like me, I can fully understand how this can happen to ANYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea