FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he answered his phone since he was almost at the house.
you would think that if she was calling him, and as he says she is ALWAYS asleep....I think I would answer my phone....that would tell me the first sign that something was wrong, not wait til I got home to see her on the porch....doesn't fit! Another thing that bothers me with the 911 call, he was VERY rude to the lady on the phone when she was trying to get info, even hung up on her.....if you are asking for help, you give the info....

3. Never one during the entire two 911 calls does Misty or Ron go outside and look for Haleigh call or yell for her. This isn't natural or for real in the least. Doesn't fit a normal reaction. The first thing a parent would do is clear the home, then begin working outwards to the yard looking for their child. First thing first. Look to see why child has wandered outside in the dark alone without permission or being heard and seen. Get her back inside, call and yell for her over and over.
Respectfully Snipped

I agree with this completely. If I had gotten up in the wee hours and realized my child was not in their bed, I would have called 911, every light inside and out would be on, I would be yelling their name, turning the house upside down, knocking on neighbors doors and have the whole neighborhood looking and calling for my child. This would be accomplished before the police arrived. Panic can make you faster than the speed of light. But my first words would be "I can't find my child", not "Someone stole my child".
Totally agree, we don't hear one of them yelling for Haleigh while the other is on the phone with dispatchers, and when the cops drive up Dad is standing in the driveway. There is no mention in the statement, by the responding officer, of the Dad or gf yelling frantically, while searching the outside of the home. I think this is something the officer would have put in his report.

BJB, me too.

I'm also bothered by the alleged peed blanket (or bedsheets). I'm not sure of the GF's story about the peed blanket but so many hurt and murdered children (by family members) started off with a bedwetting incident (just saying). It may have NOTHING to do with this case but she seemed to stumble over mentioning the wet blanket and I wonder what it has (if anything) to do with what went on.

Why does one prop open a back screen door? Unless one is hauling something in and out...a wet mattress...a child's body?
The bedwetting story raised red flags at my house. My husband didn't like that part of Misty's story at all. I agree that bedwetting is a common trigger.

JMO

OK ... nobody has said this .. so I gotta say:

If "I" woke up in middle of night, and saw a light on that "I" didn't turn on or leave on, and door opened .. with kids in house, I'm gonna FREAK and think the intruder is STILL in the house, or close by outside. So FIRST thing I'm going to do it call 911.

It's tough for me to say if I'd be scared enough to keep quiet while looking around, or go into panic mode and run around calling child. ... either way, I'd instantly think intruder is still near by.

If there had been any large scale searching of the house wouldn't the 4 year old be up? There is no reference to that at all is there?

Ok... I must be losing it. Everyone's been talking about Misty calling RC shortly before he arrived home...but I remember him saying he knew something was wrong because as he pulled up he saw Misty sitting on the step. Which one is it? Help!

...sitting on the step?

...which means she was calling him as she watched him drive up.

Going to confession late & early @ the same time.

Maybe we are looking at 2 different things. Are we talking that BIG thing on the roof??

Sorry still don't buy it. Look at the size of it compared to say the windows or the electricial pole. That thing has to be 3ft high and 12 wide. Never seen a plumbing pipe that big. Looks just like all the prefab chimney pipes I have seen.
big grey pipe is for fireplace...I just saw one about 30 min ago...honest

When you get the thread is locked screen hit your back button and you can at then cut and paste it into the new thread.

I did Darling but lost it anyway. Oh well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Okay I just remembered one more thing about my fence sitting theory:

On Misty and Ron's interview televised, as she's speaking with her eyes closed, head down, no tears but sounds like she's crying, but no tears in this interview, she's standing outside. Reporter is asking her questions.

She answers the question about getting up, finding Haleigh missing and says, "that's all she knows". I know for a fact many many cases like this and other criminal ones the perps answer questions with their final response being quick and to the point, "And that's all I know" in trying to divert the questioner from asking anymore questions or to give up anymore information.

Why, tell me, would she answer this or any question no matter how many this early on in that manner? Why? Keep saying this over and over in your mind and you'll get where I'm coming from and trying to say here.

"And that's all I know" that's so wrong and inappropriate response to end with. We know for a fact that no matter what is being discussed, that isn't naturally all she knows. Heck, she knows what they had for supper, when and if the kids had a bath, what shows they watched on tv that night, what she and the kids did during the evening while father was gone at work. Come on, she knows much, more and alot.

Liars end sentences when being questioned often with this type of response prematurely without thinking before they speak because their trying to get the questioner/interviewer off their backs so to speak. To leave them alone. I think professionals who have made this type of language speak as a science has determined as such when people end sentences this way. Wish I knew where to go find this info and look and post it, but I don't.

It's just too premature for her to be stating that at that particular time and really a wrong answer. I could see her saying something like, "it's all I remember, it's all I can remember". But she added that at the end of the sentence, and it wasn't necessary thus sending out a red flag to me.

FWIW I agree, and---a really good thought by the posters who mentioned that neither G/f or dad yelled, SCREAMED, at the top of their lungs for this little girl. THAT is something I hadn't thought about, very good thought...

Because she had been stolen....did he assume by truck/car?
He must have thought she was long gone, if he had nothing to do with IT.
IMO

Exactly esp. if I was a 17 yo girl alone with 2 kids!!!!
and I would be yelling Haleigh's name and out searching and asking for help.
But yes the first thing you do is call 911 before anyone else! (Unless you are scared of LE because you know who did it or drugs in house etc) IMO

OT probably but the first thing I would have done at 17 was to call my Mama screaming and hollaring so bad she would have run straight over and got there before I could've called 911.

Ok... I must be losing it. Everyone's been talking about Misty calling RC shortly before he arrived home...but I remember him saying he knew something was wrong because as he pulled up he saw Misty sitting on the step. Which one is it? Help!

I haven't heard the sitting on the step story........OMG!

Didn't dad say he knew something was wrong because Misty was up when he got home? I know he said everyone is usually sleeping when he gets home from work.

Who thinks the dad would cover for the GF if he knew she was involved? They haven't been together all that long, I don't see him covering for her, but I also don't see her keeping anything to herself if she is hiding something. Maybe she wouldn't tell dad, but I think she would tell someone.

The version I remember (and must have been the first version I heard) is that Misty called him just before he got home and he asked her why she was calling him to call the police.

And no I don't think he would cover for her at all. As mad as he was during that 911 call I think if he even thought she had harmed his daughter they would have had pull him off of her when they arrived.

She doesn't seem smart enough for a cover up, but many abuse victims are very good at keeping secrets. Lifetime of practice and all.

This g/f woke up to a cold house. Something woke her up but I don't think it was because she wanted a drink or had to go to the bathroom. She doesn't really know what woke her up, but I think it was noise, like a car starting or a car door banging. Or just the sudden cold in the house. So there she is jolted out of a deep sleep. Stumbling around and sees a light on, she knew she turned off and then a door open. I guarantee you if she realized boyfriend wasn't home, she was scared to death. She's a kid remember. So does she shut the door? IDK Then when she works up her nerve does she go look for the kids? IDK I know I would have froze in my tracks if I saw a door open in the middle of the night. She had to know something was open, it was cold in there.
I think Haleigh did the same thing except she was grabbed. Thats if the abduction is real. now the cow thing:MOO

I thought I read in the police report that Misty indicated she was up no more than a few minutes (i.e. 5 mins) before Ronald arrived. I know she's given different accounts...as early as 3AM, but, ITA...I wake up and can't find a child...find a light on and a door open...

THE 4 Y.O. IS GONNA BE UP
THE NEIGHBORS ARE GONNA BE UP
MY adrenaline is gonna be surging and you couldn't MAKE me sit down if you wanted to...

If Dad works nights, who took care of the children before Misty?

-sorry if this was asked and answered, I am a bit lost in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member