FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I looked at the photo of the home in comparison with the floor plan in the other thread and may I ask where that came from? The floor plan and size of the home? Is it listed on the County Tax Assessors site what model this home is and the dimensions?

The photo of the home looks like it is larger than a 24x 36.

Thanks

I agree, just found it on the property appraiser's site.

It is 1995 model, 1248 sq ft with 144 sq ft porch.

So at 24 wide this would be 52' in length, definitely NOT the one on the floor plan that has been floating around here.

http://www1.putnam-fl.com/live/papage.asp?id=8131

Exactly esp. if I was a 17 yo girl alone with 2 kids!!!!
and I would be yelling Haleigh's name and out searching and asking for help.
But yes the first thing you do is call 911 before anyone else! (Unless you are scared of LE because you know who did it or drugs in house etc) IMO
I agree...something about the way both of them acted with the 911 call didn't set right with me.

3. Never one during the entire two 911 calls does Misty or Ron go outside and look for Haleigh call or yell for her. This isn't natural or for real in the least. Doesn't fit a normal reaction. The first thing a parent would do is clear the home, then begin working outwards to the yard looking for their child. First thing first. Look to see why child has wandered outside in the dark alone without permission or being heard and seen. Get her back inside, call and yell for her over and over.
Respectfully Snipped

I agree with this completely. If I had gotten up in the wee hours and realized my child was not in their bed, I would have called 911, every light inside and out would be on, I would be yelling their name, turning the house upside down, knocking on neighbors doors and have the whole neighborhood looking and calling for my child. This would be accomplished before the police arrived. Panic can make you faster than the speed of light. But my first words would be "I can't find my child", not "Someone stole my child".

Respectfully snipped
In at least one interview Misty used past tense to refer to Haleigh...IIRC, "I LOVED her like she was mine" or something similar. Anyone else paying attention to the tense being used by Ronald and Misty when they talk about Haleigh...notice any other instances of past tense being used by either one of them? One instance...maybe nothing...maybe...:waitasec:

From the interviews I have listened to, proper grammar doesn't seem to be in long supply, so I can't decide if that means anything or not.
Lanie

I did a quick face reading on the mother from the Nancy Grace show. I learned this from a clinical psychologist at a seminar. You basically read just the right side of the video. From her face, I gather she has a theory on who did this. This is the natural mother, not the girl friend.

Also, I suspect a motorboat was used because the scent went to the edge of a river. I agree this was someone who had been in the home before.

I'm still working my way through the taped videos and IMO she is not telling the truth. She likes to close her eyes when she talks for one thing, as if she is reciting a story. Her demeanor does not match her words. I worked for too many years in the court system and I saw a lot of fake tears and a lot of genuine ones. There is something off about her. Doesn't mean she is guilty of something, just that she is not being truthful with her story. And she will break, soon enough unlike another FL lady we know.

Totally my opinion and I could be waaaaaaaaaay wrong.
The bold is mine and that is exactly what reminds me of Susan Smith, that blind-cry/talking.

She also said she woke up at 3am and Haleigh was missing. that the Dad got their 5 minutes after she discovered Haleigh was missing. he is on ethe 911 call, and said They called as soon as He walked in. Hmm so did he get there at 3:05am or 3:27am?
I believe Le stated in the police report that Dad was sitting on the step when they got there. Uh why wasn't he searching for his kid?

Misty's interview standing next to the Dad is like da ja vu of Susan Smith. Also Dad had a problem in the begining with closing his eyes during interviews.

I still think they are both invovled.
Ok... I must be losing it. Everyone's been talking about Misty calling RC shortly before he arrived home...but I remember him saying he knew something was wrong because as he pulled up he saw Misty sitting on the step. Which one is it? Help!

I think this is really important. As I remember, Misty said she noticed Haleigh was missing at 3:00 am?? So there was a 27 minute gap between the discovery and the 911 call--
-was she stoned/sedated and just too out of it to react appropriately?
-was she not really sleeping and actually doing something outside of the home/away from the sleeping kids?
-was she really fearful of invoking any authority until she talked to Ronald, for whatever reason??

27 minutes is a long time to do nothing--
I saw something written elsewhere on the internet to the effect of
if you wait 27 minutes to call LE, you're either:
cleaning up, covering up, or making up(lies)

I'd add that perhaps Misty was/is somehow impaired by drugs, fear or cognitive issues. But the 27 minutes is really important, IMO.

cleaning up, covering up, or making up is a great way to sum it up. The dad in this case is a perfect example of that. How long did it take for the police to be called when dad was made aware of the situation? As long as it took to dial.

My understanding is that emancipated is emancipated, she is an adult legally once she is emancipated. That is the highlighted portion of this statute? The fact remains that this happens all the time, her parents no it is happening they are not intervening. She is not pressing charges. The state can't prove a crime is even occuring unless she was to become pregnant. He is emotionally immature and attracted to teenage girls. She is a known abuse victim. There are couplings like this all over the country. If the girls parents can't or won't do anything there is nothing anyone else can do.
794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.
(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.
(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.
(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.

Well that statutory language certainly supports your understanding!-- I might be totally wrong in what I think I know. I'm going to go do my research again.

Ok... I must be losing it. Everyone's been talking about Misty calling RC shortly before he arrived home...but I remember him saying he knew something was wrong because as he pulled up he saw Misty sitting on the step. Which one is it? Help!

I don't think he answered his phone since he was almost at the house.

UGH! I don't like that this is the FIFTH night that Haleigh has been missing, and LP's reward expires at midnight tonight.

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Just wanted to say that I feel bad that my hinky meter is going off on this story. Maybe I've become cynical by all the parents who kill their children and then blame bushy haired strangers, phantom nannies, et al. I absolutely realize that stranger abductions occur in the family household and even from the child's own bed. I'm just have an innate bad feeling here...

I agree...something about the way both of them acted with the 911 call didn't set right with me.

Right! I mean, I've been trying to think about it, and I know everybody acts differently in crisis ... but gosh, how could you just be inside the home, swearing about and to 911 operator, and not running frantically around outside/inside .. to the neighbors .. ???

To be as objective as I can be...I don't like it on two fronts:

1) It means Haleigh is 'discovered' missing at at time when Ronald is nearby. I understand his arrival time is fitting w/ someone looking up the drive-time and a 3AM departure from his workplace, but, I haven't seen any sourced information on his exact work schedule or his departure from work that night. Sooo...until I see mo' betta info on this I am reading that Ronald was nearby when Haleigh is 'discovered' missing. And, yes, I realize Haleigh could've legitimately been gone for hours and Misty spontaneously discovered her gone when Ronald was due to pull in from work...her habit to get up when he gets home? They're young...maybe so. But, as we have it right now the 'discovery' was made when Ronald was in the area.

2) It means Haleigh is 'discovered' missing at the absolute, very, couldn't-be-any-later, have-avoided-it-as-long-as-possible moment from Misty's perspective. IOW...Ronald pulled in and might find Haleigh's not there himself...if Misty doesn't come clean at that moment. If it was Misty's custom to be asleep when Ronald arrived from work, and she had any involvement...then...it would have been simpler for Misty to 'pretend' she was asleep and simply let Ronald come in and make the 'discovery'. However, if it was Misty's custom to meet & greet Ronald...well...she would have had no choice but to come clean @ that moment if she was involved.

We don't know if Misty was typically up when Ronald arrived from work do we?

We don't know if Misty has a key to the place do we? One would assume she does, but, we don't really know do we?

In at least one interview Misty used past tense to refer to Haleigh...IIRC, "I LOVED her like she was mine" or something similar. Anyone else paying attention to the tense being used by Ronald and Misty when they talk about Haleigh...notice any other instances of past tense being used by either one of them? One instance...maybe nothing...maybe...:waitasec:

If the dad was not at work that night as has been claimed in almost every article and every interview I think we would have heard about it by now. He works in a large manufacturing plant. I work with these type of guys and they are as gossipy about each other as anyone else. Someone would have been talking by now about how what he is saying isn't true. Especially with Misti getting roughed up in the public perception for not being able to keep her story straight.

It's possible Misty's sleeping pattern has been effected by Ron's working hours. He probably wakes her up when he gets home, so after time she might be automatically waking up about 3am.
Lanie

Didn't dad say he knew something was wrong because Misty was up when he got home? I know he said everyone is usually sleeping when he gets home from work.

Who thinks the dad would cover for the GF if he knew she was involved? They haven't been together all that long, I don't see him covering for her, but I also don't see her keeping anything to herself if she is hiding something. Maybe she wouldn't tell dad, but I think she would tell someone.

Just wanted to say that I feel bad that my hinky meter is going off on this story. Maybe I've become cynical by all the parents who kill their children and then blame bushy haired strangers, phantom nannies, et al. I absolutely realize that stranger abductions occur in the family household and even from the child's own bed. I'm just have an innate bad feeling here...

You are not the only one that feels this way. I hate it that, when something like this happens, I immediately think it was one of the parents. :(

Cocoamom I appreciate your concern! I am as heartbroken as anyone; am one of the posters who has followed from Thread #1 (who actually reads most if not all the posts); have explored many varied theories, posted links to docs, and contributed in many other ways, at least as determined as any poster here to get to the bottom of this case including what motives and risk factors were present; did not pursue risks of lifestyle and other possible motives until today; and live on about as low an income as you and four children can get (all of which anyone will know who follows threads). I too want to stick to the business of sleuthing-and also hopefully of preventing future tragedies. My only purpose was to say it is not strictly, solely random uncontrollable factors that contribute to these sad stories nor which can help to solve them. As evidenced today while outside my apts w/ my little girl. There were no less than eight or nine children UNDER THE AGE OF SIX playing outdoors unsupervised SOME AS YOUNG AS THREE AND FOUR YEARS. I so badly want to be wrong Cocoa but my gut feeling here is Haleigh may have wandered off, while unattended, in daylight hours and if not drowned, maybe fallen prey to any of 44 SO's. Praying for Haleigh... JMO [/COLOR]
(Bolded, colored, and snipped for space by me) The last part belongs on this thread. The rest belongs on a thread dealing with social issues and I am not sure which forum fits it best. I would recommend discussing those issues in the Jury Room maybe?

It would be great to keep this thread about Haleigh and the case specifically without wandering off topic. It is running so fast already that it is difficult for people to keep up unless they live here. Catching up is a nightmare! Working this week meant I had to come home to pages and even locked threads to go through before posting as I read every post from the last time I posted. Ugh!

Definitely plumbing pipe on roof. Just saw a diagram. Had roof vents too but were on roof peak. Dryer vents on side of mobile home.

Maybe we are looking at 2 different things. Are we talking that BIG thing on the roof??

Sorry still don't buy it. Look at the size of it compared to say the windows or the electricial pole. That thing has to be 3ft high and 12 wide. Never seen a plumbing pipe that big. Looks just like all the prefab chimney pipes I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa