RK is considering legal action against LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
RK got this monkey off his back:

A former Orange County meter reader who found the remains of missing Caylee Marie Anthony has paid part of the $10,000 child support debt he owed to his ex-wife.
Roy Kronk owed the money for his son who is now in his 20s, and stopped paying in his wife several years ago. He recently paid his ex-wife $5,000 to settle the debit, she told the Orlando Sentinel in an e-mail.
Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...tory?track=rss

This is ONE thing that I do not get. Kronk is heralded as a HERO and yet to his own son he was NO hero! He owed him child support from a lifetime and paid that off with some of THESE monies...If he has been working all this time and is such an upstanding citizen then why did he not provide for the support of his son?

Maybe LP knows a little more than we think he knows.:D

This is ONE thing that I do not get. Kronk is heralded as a HERO and yet to his own son he was NO hero! He owed him child support from a lifetime and paid that off with some of THESE monies...If he has been working all this time and is such an upstanding citizen then why did he not provide for the support of his son?

Actually, he didn't pay it off. His ex-wife settled for 1/2 of what he owed her.
I wonder what attorney represented him in this ? I sure hope it wasn't the one paid for the by county.

Actually, he didn't pay it off. His ex-wife settled for 1/2 of what he owed her.
I wonder what attorney represented him in this ? I sure hope it wasn't the one paid for the by county.

There's a good question. Perhaps with a $10,000.00 ceiling on the fees the State would pay his attorney he decided to get what he could for the money...
OR
maybe the ex found out about the $5000 and made him an offer he could not refuse.

Hey, I had an idea...maybe it was the fact that he WAS dodging child support obligations that made him want to remain "as anonomous as possible:???

Here is another link to the story about the child support, as the one previously posted did not work for me.
Notice that it says the Child support agency was able to FIND him after he gained notoriety in the Caylee case...

Was he HIDING?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hild-support-022409,0,7144682.story?track=rss

I don't know. I'm hung up on what it must be like for his son to know that this is what it took to get his "father" to provide support for him. I hope the son has a loving step-father.

Who knows, maybe RK thinks LP is getting a little too close for comfort with some of his theories and wants to cut him off.

Although I generally like LP, mostly I don't believe LP's daisy chain theory (but nothing would shock me in this case) and I take it as just that...a theory. If he would have just said "Here's my theory" it wouldn't be an issue, but he does talk like what he is saying is fact.

I also think people are over RK. No two ways around it, his story is odd, but as no one can show/prove any type of connection between RK and the A's, Dominic Casey or anyone else, so people have moved on. He is putting himself back in the spotlight IMHO.

There's a good question. Perhaps with a $10,000.00 ceiling on the fees the State would pay his attorney he decided to get what he could for the money...
OR
maybe the ex found out about the $5000 and made him an offer he could not refuse.

A couple of weeks ago it was reported that RK's attorney had billed $7500 with a cap of $10K. This stuff with past due child support is personal and he won't be allowed to use Evans for free with that matter.

Anyway, the $5000 reward to Kronk was from NeJame. He was paid to be on Good Morning America, and it is speculated that this would have been $10-20K. GMA paid for the use of the rattlesnake photo, not the interview.

Given this, Kronk may have actually been in a position to pay all of the $10K he owed for child support.

I think it is utterly ridiculous for RK to consider doing this. It ALMOST goes to show he IS in it for the money and it makes me very suspicious of him and his motives. I mean, who cares what LP says or thinks? What does it matter? His suppositions and theories are his right, just as all of ours are-even though we are not on national television broadcasting ours. This country has gotten plain stupid about bringing lawsuits. Everyone brings suits for everything...and why? MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY and oh yeah, did I mention MONEY?

Umm, the trouble is that LP is not discussing Mr. Kronk's involvement as a theory. He is not discussing it as an opinion. He is throwing it out on national media night after night that Kronk IS involved in a daisy chain. He states it as fact.

Although there are many frivolous lawsuits, some do have merit. This one definitely does. Mr. Kronk's honesty and involvement in this case have been questioned even though he was investigated by LE and cleared of any suspicion. Sometimes the only way to stop someone like LP is to hurt them where it matters to them, in their wallet. IOW, it is as easy to assume this is about punishing a wrong-doer than to accuse Mr. Kronk of being money hungry.

I don't believe he needs to be too quick to jump into that pan just yet.

If you notice he asked LP not to speak of him again.

Is that not a logical place to begin? If he had filed suit without even bothering to inform Mr. Padilla that he was upset by the ongoing negative publicity, everyone would be all up in arms. I can just hear it now: "WHAT???? But poor Leonard!!!! How was he supposed to know Roy would be upset by being accused of being part of a conspiracy!"

Well, there is another suspicious thing. If there was no daisy chain then why not answer the questions and clear it all up once and for all...

unless...

there WAS a daisy chain...

and then we arrive back at square one...

For my own self-if I found a dead body, I would not do a press conference, I would not do public interviews and I would not be concerned about monetary reward for stumbling upon a body. I would be more concerned with the nightmares that would be haunting me at night from such a grisly discovery and forgetting about it-not keeping it all stirred up with public appearances and perceived threats of legal actions...But hey...that's just me.:)

You are damning him if he does and then turning around and damning him if he doesn't. That doesn't sound very logical to me.

I totally agree, Magiccat.
As far as I know, LP never accused RK of being complicit In the murder of Caylee,
but only questioned the "discovery". I agree with LP...it doesn't add up.
And why would someone be considered a "hero" for pointing out the suspected location
of the body of a murdered child?

He is considered a hero because he PERSISTED until Caylee's body was found. He had a suspicion and he did not just put it out of his mind, he kept at it. He is the reason her body was found. LE wouldn't/couldn't be bothered to go into that woods and look. They'd cleared the scene months ago, and that was that as far as they were concerned.

Wouldn't everyone have considered TEQ or LP heroes if they had found the little girl?

We don't know the whole story of RK's divorce or child support order. If he had been working as a PI and bounty hunter, money might have been scarce, his wife was dying from cancer, there could be a whole host of reasons.

$10,000 is not a lot of child support. If he had to pay $1000/mo it's only 10 months worth. We don't know that his ex wife and son were living in the lap of luxury while RK struggled to afford mac and cheese. I've got several employees who were taken to the cleaners by Friend of the Court while their ex-wives moved in with the rich dudes they were cheating on their husbands with. I'm not saying this is the norm, I'm just saying before we judge RK shouldn't we have the whole story.

LE investigated Kronk's story and have declared that there was no wrong doing, no daisy chain. LP is not LE, he's not a super-hero who has powers far greater than LE, he's simply a member of the public, just like any of us here. He has no right to 'investigate' anyone or to slander them in public based merely on his fantasies and desire to be 'somebody' on TV.

So what if Kronk did a few media interviews, that doesn't take away his rights. I can't go on TV and start spouting ridiculous accusations at Angelina Jolie and get away with it. How would any poster here feel if I got it in my mind that they'd done something wrong, even though LE said they didn't, and I started contacting all their friends and relatives trying to dig up dirt? There's no difference between that and what LP is doing, except LP wants to share any dirt he finds (and we all have dirt) with a national TV audience for his own self promotion. How can anyone support that?

If Kronk was able to pay some of his back child support with the reward he got from MN or from a media interview, that's a good thing. He could have gone out and bought himself a fancy new car or a vacation instead.

We don't know the circumstances that led to Kronk being behind in child support, not that it's our business anyway, but didn't he recently deal with his second wife dying of cancer? He very well could have had a lot of expenses and missed a lot of work because of that.

LP needs to be held responsible for the false accusations he's made against innocent people - if he's man enough to say it, he should be man enough to suffer the consequences.

No, I surely would not...but then again, I would not have done public press conferences either, nor interviewed with ABC...so the problem may not have arisen were I the one who found poor Caylee...and as yet, HAS it been shown that LP is wrong that there WAS some kind of connection or tip off? HAS that been proven or is that just what some assume because they assume that LP is ALWAYS wrong?:eek:

Well, I have great faith in OCSO and the men and women involved in this case. If Dt. Melich and Dt. Allen feel that RK is simply a man who would not give up because he really thought he saw something that day, then I am going to say that yes, it has been shown that LP is wrong. OCSO investigated RK and and gave him the 'all clear' so to speak. I would back OCSO against LP any day.

To go back to the press conference and the interview. When OCSO admitted that RK had made previous calls, the media start speculating immediately. In fact, if you can find the presser that day, the poor Public Information officer had to come back 20 minutes after his first comments to again make it clear that RK was under no suspicion at all - because the media immediately started speculating. the interview and as far as I know there has only been one interview was done for the same reasons, because of LP and other media outlets who just could not believe the events happened as RK said they did. I have not seen RK do any other interviews, appearancs, etc. He did one press conference. He did one TV interview. this was back in January if memory serves. Yes, I am sure he was compensated for his TV interview, and the only money that I know of was the $5,000 from MN. I am sure he could have been on any number of shows if he wanted to. NG, GR, Greta, etc. He hasnt done that, he has stayed out of the picture.

We don't know the whole story of RK's divorce or child support order. If he had been working as a PI and bounty hunter, money might have been scarce, his wife was dying from cancer, there could be a whole host of reasons.

$10,000 is not a lot of child support. If he had to pay $1000/mo it's only 10 months worth. We don't know that his ex wife and son were living in the lap of luxury while RK struggled to afford mac and cheese. I've got several employees who were taken to the cleaners by Friend of the Court while their ex-wives moved in with the rich dudes they were cheating on their husbands with. I'm not saying this is the norm, I'm just saying before we judge RK shouldn't we have the whole story.

I don't want to seem cold hearted here, and I have a son who pays child support, but it does not matter in the least WHO the ex wife moves in with. If she lives the "life of luxury" that is all the better for the child, but that has NOTHING to do with the child support. The child support has to be paid.

I was a divorced mom with two small children many, many years ago and I tried over and over to collect the court awarded child support from a very wealthy man who just had his attorneys put off the contempt time after time when I would take it to court.

I decided it was not in my best interest to keep playing that game and got a judgment for the past amount and ongoing amounts. The court also awarded me 12% interest on it all which was over 3 times what CD rates were at the time. When my kids were grown and finished with college, I filed a judgment collection and received it ALL including the 12% interest because the court said since it was so old he they would sell his house if he didn't pay it. LOL

So it is not about who the ex marries, but a man's obligation to his children.

And I am the first to say that patience is the answer and revenge is very sweet.

Well Kronk has worked out his child support issue... and while I don't condone what he did in regards of shucking his responsibility on that, I will say that it has no bearing on this case. But if anyone feels that it does, you better pull from both sides, because LP has legal financial issues hanging over his head, too. And it is not in the thousands... it is in the millions.

But seriously... this is about a slander issue... not these mens financial lives.

I wonder if Kronk's attorney will file a class action lawsuit against LP. LP has slandered a lot of people. I noticed NG has not had him on her show, and he's not loitering in Putnam signing autographs in the Heliegh case. Did he saddle up and leave the Or-Lon-Do area on his own, or was he asked to leave? I know they threw Geraldo out for being rude and insensitive.

Here is another link to the story about the child support, as the one previously posted did not work for me.
Notice that it says the Child support agency was able to FIND him after he gained notoriety in the Caylee case...

Was he HIDING?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hild-support-022409,0,7144682.story?track=rss

HMMMMMMMM Very in-ter-rest-ing.....
No telling what else. Maybe that is why he didn't want peeps to make a big deal out ovet. HMMMMMMMMM

But, he should have thought about all that before he decided to have a presser. It would have all stopped right there.

Who knows, maybe RK thinks LP is getting a little too close for comfort with some of his theories and wants to cut him off.

Although I generally like LP, mostly I don't believe LP's daisy chain theory (but nothing would shock me in this case) and I take it as just that...a theory. If he would have just said "Here's my theory" it wouldn't be an issue, but he does talk like what he is saying is fact.

I also think people are over RK. No two ways around it, his story is odd, but as no one can show/prove any type of connection between RK and the A's, Dominic Casey or anyone else, so people have moved on. He is putting himself back in the spotlight IMHO.

bolded by me
Absolutely!!!!

LE investigated Kronk's story and have declared that there was no wrong doing, no daisy chain. LP is not LE, he's not a super-hero who has powers far greater than LE, he's simply a member of the public, just like any of us here. He has no right to 'investigate' anyone or to slander them in public based merely on his fantasies and desire to be 'somebody' on TV.

So what if Kronk did a few media interviews, that doesn't take away his rights. I can't go on TV and start spouting ridiculous accusations at Angelina Jolie and get away with it. How would any poster here feel if I got it in my mind that they'd done something wrong, even though LE said they didn't, and I started contacting all their friends and relatives trying to dig up dirt? There's no difference between that and what LP is doing, except LP wants to share any dirt he finds (and we all have dirt) with a national TV audience for his own self promotion. How can anyone support that?

If Kronk was able to pay some of his back child support with the reward he got from MN or from a media interview, that's a good thing. He could have gone out and bought himself a fancy new car or a vacation instead.

We don't know the circumstances that led to Kronk being behind in child support, not that it's our business anyway, but didn't he recently deal with his second wife dying of cancer? He very well could have had a lot of expenses and missed a lot of work because of that.

LP needs to be held responsible for the false accusations he's made against innocent people - if he's man enough to say it, he should be man enough to suffer the consequences.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wonder if Kronk's attorney will file a class action lawsuit against LP. LP has slandered a lot of people. I noticed NG has not had him on her show, and he's not loitering in Putnam signing autographs in the Heliegh case. Did he saddle up and leave the Or-Lon-Do area on his own, or was he asked to leave? I know they threw Geraldo out for being rude and insensitive.

The last I heard LP headed up to Putnam for the search, but he didn't participate. According to David Lohr he sat yakking with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding