RK is considering legal action against LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last I heard LP headed up to Putnam for the search, but he didn't participate. According to David Lohr he sat yakking with the media.

Obviously you've misplaced your Nancy Grace dictionary.

Searching
verb

1) Yakking with the media
2) signing autographs
3) hanging out at food tents

[Middle English] Often preceded by the word exhaustively (which means: While chewing on a toothpick)

As I've mentioned before, I've chatted with Lenny a couple of times on the phone and think he's quite a character! I enjoyed him and like him. However, he tends to say things that most of us would consider to be out of line. I read an article written about him - the link was posted someone around here - and he said he knows he shoots from the hip. (not in those exact words!)

Sooooooooo, that being said, I think that if he is off-base regarding Kronk's involvement and the daisy chain, Mr. Kronk has every right to defend himself. Lenny, back off if you don't have proof, my dear!

:blowkiss:

I guarantee you he is getting paid for his "opinions" on the tube. Everyone gets paid right? The Anthony's, Kronk, and even Mr. Padilla...

It IS all about the money in the end.

I'm not sure who you think is paying LP? Most media outlets do not pay for interviews. I know Fox does not and I think many others take the same position. I doubt LP is being paid to be on NG.

As for this being about money, well RK has not filed a suit. He's tried to handle it diplomatically by asking LP to knock it off, TWICE. Since it appears that LP wants to do what LP wants to do, I think RK should and may explore all the options at his disposal. LP doesn't have the right to trash anyone he chooses on TV every night. That's simply not included to our rights to free speech and old Lenny should be well versed on that.

Well, there is another suspicious thing. If there was no daisy chain then why not answer the questions and clear it all up once and for all...

unless...

there WAS a daisy chain...

and then we arrive back at square one...

For my own self-if I found a dead body, I would not do a press conference, I would not do public interviews and I would not be concerned about monetary reward for stumbling upon a body. I would be more concerned with the nightmares that would be haunting me at night from such a grisly discovery and forgetting about it-not keeping it all stirred up with public appearances and perceived threats of legal actions...But hey...that's just me.:)

Here is an idea, why doesn't LP stop interfering with a police investigation and allow LAW ENFORCEMENT the right to follow up on any daisy chain. RK doesn't and will NEVER have to answer to LP, period.

It's so hard for me on this one; but speaking out of like/dislike for the guy; this is the land of free speech. Kronk should not have gone on TV himself. He should have somehow remained anonymous. Worked with police to remain annonmous. The moment he gave his own press conference with the lawyer was the day he opened himself up to scrutiny by the media.

sorry: If guns kill people, I blame my computer for all my mis-spellings in that post lol

How do we know LE didn't encourage him to give that presser?

Wow

I've been reading through this thread and am honestly surprised. It's very sad and depressing that an imperfect person, who did a selfless thing, is being slandered not only by LP[/U]. NO ONE has the right to slander someone, especially when they have been cleared by LE. He didn't do this for money or fame, I think he made that clear in August when he made the initial calls. He felt strong enough about what he saw to be persistent. Had LE been equally as persistent and taken his first call seriously, I don't think people would be questioning RK's "involvement", "being tipped off", or being media and money hungry.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

He has politely asked that LP stop. Unless he has some kind of proof he should be glad he has been asked nicely and shut up. If he doesn't take the opportunity to avoid legal action, I hope he gets hit with both barrels. People have to be accountable for their actions, and free speech doesn't mean you can go on national TV and spread lies about someone else.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18468376/index.html

This is the link to the GMA interview in case anyone did not see it.

When asked if he was "tipped off" by anyone in the Anthony family, he says "I never even MET those people"...not I have had NO contact with them, but I never MET them...

One could have had a "tip" from someone without having met them in person.

Anyhow, I never DID think Kronk was involved except for the finding of the body...

But since the Anthony family was paid such a hefty fee for THEIR interview with ABC and have dumped ABC because of the "fee" they paid Kronk, I cannot help but wonder if it is somewhat about money. I mean, if he wanted to remain as anonomous as possible, interviewing on GMA was NOT the way to go about it.

Let me get this right? RK is the bad guy here and LP is the good guy just because he didn't meet your standard for choice of words? LE HAS gone on the record in RK's defense. They are standing behind him. When have they EVER said the same about LP? Yet, in your eyes, Lenny's the good guy? Good grief. Almost EVERY word out of LP's mouth has at minimal been a lie.

This is ONE thing that I do not get. Kronk is heralded as a HERO and yet to his own son he was NO hero! He owed him child support from a lifetime and paid that off with some of THESE monies...If he has been working all this time and is such an upstanding citizen then why did he not provide for the support of his son?

Maybe LP knows a little more than we think he knows.:D
LP is heralded as a hero and we KNOW he helped a convicted pedophile. This is getting downright absurd. To suggest that Lenny is in this for the kids is nothing short of ridiculous. This is at minimal, twice that he's tried to help someone who has PHYSICALLY harmed a child.

You sum RK's life in up with a few bits here and there and got his entire life all pegged out, eh?

Actually, he didn't pay it off. His ex-wife settled for 1/2 of what he owed her.
I wonder what attorney represented him in this ? I sure hope it wasn't the one paid for the by county.

Here is a theory, perhaps he picked up the phone, calls the ex and says, I am about to receive $5000 in reward money for finding that little girl's remains. Is it possible you would be willing to accept it as payment in full?

I seriously doubt that the courts were involved in this decision. It was 10 grand. Who goes to court for 10 grand? I guess if you didn't mind turning it all over to an attorney it might be worth the time, but I doubt that's the case here.

I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say his wages weren't being attached, or he probably wouldn't have been behind. He seems to have a work history (meaning, they could have gotten the money if that were the case).

Here is another link to the story about the child support, as the one previously posted did not work for me.
Notice that it says the Child support agency was able to FIND him after he gained notoriety in the Caylee case...

Was he HIDING?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hild-support-022409,0,7144682.story?track=rss

This may be, but again, I would prefer to wait on more facts. My husband and I separated for 3 months years ago. He owed me $1400 a month in child support. Over years of paying support, you wouldn't have had to miss many payments to get to 10 grand thru the years. Of course, my state is very active and generous in the support of children. Maryland is our southern neighbor, so I bet it's pretty similar there.

Out on the west coast, support is MUCH, MUCH, less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500