CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sad to hear Sandra's short life has ended so terribly.

What a beautiful little girl..so sad .

Sick monstor ..burn in hell.

This excerpt is from an article in the Modesto Bee said teh area was examined:

Even before opening the container Monday evening and discovering Sandra's remains, authorities treated the area as a crime scene. They combed for clues -- tire marks, footprints, "anything that's lying in the area that they could categorize as evidence," Sheneman said.
Investigators used a laser device to map the scene and had the Federal Aviation Administration declare a no-fly zone overhead.
More than five hours passed after the container was found and before police held an initial news conference to stress that there was no indication whether the container held anything relevant to the case. But they said that they had to exercise "caution and due diligence" in case it did.
"

I am impressed with LE. I just wish could be solved in an hour like on CSI.

ugh....4 to 6 weeks??
They said the same thing on the Laci Peterson case - answers were back to police within the week. It only takes longer if they have to dig a lot deeper.

The Department of Justice laboratory is in Ripon which is not far from Tracy. It's not like they are being sent back to Virginia.

I think it's a shame we have to scare them to death about being careful of who they talk and watch their back at such an early age, but we have to do that!

We don't have to scare them, we have to empower them to trust their instincts, to know things are not their fault and also educate them on tricks and get away from stranger safety as most often the one who hurts them is someone they know and the kids are scared to tell. They think it's their fault or they've been threatened. Education and empowerment are the best tools we can provide.

I am wondering if they suspect the murder took place in the church >?

thanks for the links everyone. Presser in 8 minutes

Could someone give a brief update as to why the church is suspected or being talked about? I looked back on the other threads to where Sandra's body was found, but not sure how the church comes into it.

We don't have to scare them, we have to empower them to trust their instincts, to know things are not their fault and also educate them on tricks and get away from stranger safety as most often the one who hurts them is someone they know and the kids are scared to tell. They think it's their fault or they've been threatened. Education and empowerment are the best tools we can provide.

So very true. And bring it up more than once when something horrible happens.

I was impressed with Elizabeth Smart's father. He was on either NG or JVM with another parent of an abducted child. They were advocating really teaching and involving the kids physically. So they know about what to do intellectually and practicing doing it. Don't know if I am explaining it correctly...

So very true. And bring it up more than once when something horrible happens.

I was impressed with Elizabeth Smart's father. He was on either NG or JVM with another parent of an abducted child. They were advocating really teaching and involving the kids physically. So they know about what to do intellectually and practicing doing it. Don't know if I am explaining it correctly...

He mentioned that program on Oprah. It was called Radkids I think.

Not to mention possible hairs on her body, skin cells under the fingernails, and even more forensics if she was molested at all.

I think the police are very close,but not ruling out anyone just yet. This case was handled properly imo.

I do think people would lynch the person if they iknew who it was. The anger is EVERYWHERE.

About a lynching, what I think of is any other little girls in that development who the perp/s know of or have been friendly with. They have all been at risk evidently if the perp lives there, except for the grace of God and the fact the opportunity never presented itself with their children. With Sandra there was opportunity due to circumstances.

PS: Almost 3:30. I hope they don't postpone the presser. I bagged work :rolleyes:

Could someone give a brief update as to why the church is suspected or being talked about? I looked back on the other threads to where Sandra's body was found, but not sure how the church comes into it.
I have read it is because the Pastor's granddaughter played with Sandra.

I researched on the Elder A.A. guy who baptized the pastor and he has a couple of different names as well, from WA as well...

Not arresting the Pastor. No one person of interest at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny