WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D. Casey said he worked for Casey Anthony too.

Yes, I have read the depositions, but I have no doubts that, as a legal matter, it will be determined that his work for JBaez on behalf of Casey had ended prior to his working for the Anthonys. As long as DC was not working for JBaez at the time he went to Suburban in November, and I'm sure that is going to be the legal conclusion, everything he was told or saw is fair game. There is no "privilege" between DCasey and the Anthonys re: work he performed for them as their PI.

They are all involved, imo. But, this particular complaint is Baez' alone. He has done something very wrong and it's not about knowing where the body was.

This probably has everything to do with his motion to allow KC off house arrest to go to "places of interest".

Wow.. It has been a long time since I have thought about "places of interest" THat really does seem frightening. What if THAT motion would have been granted? Caylee might never have been found.

This story reminds me of the final Harry Potter novel. Where you get to the end and think you need to go back and re-read the entire thing again because you never really understood it until now?-
I think I need to go back and re-read this story and focus on some of the things JB has said in moments like those you just reminded us of....

I rather doubt it - he's been out of the case for so long. . . Course, maybe so in regards to TES???
Again, these types of reporting requirements usually have to be done "seasonably," which doesn't mean in a few months, weeks, etc. It informally means 14 days or less where I practice.
I'm thinking of earlier complaints...around the time of the TB debacle.

Dominic was not working fo Baez in November, so how could he be included in some attorney/client privilege?

It's the attorney work product prvilege, and you're correct, since he wasn't working for JBaez in November, but was working instead for the defendant's parents, there is no extension of that privilege. If JBaez made the MISTAKE of attempting to speak or speaking with DCasey about any information that was coming from Casey, or was trying to insert himself into the contractual relationship DCasey had with the ANthony family, then JBaez in deeeeep doodoo.

But, oh boy...who would want to takeover?

I would guess that there is some defence attorney somwhere that would crawl out from under the same rock that JB was under and get his 15 minutes. Remember we are talking defence attorneys. They are not the most honorable bunch at times.

Problem is that to properly "do" the heavy lifting, you have to know the state and local rules. It's not a distinction without a difference. WE need a FL attorney to weigh in on this...

MiraclesHappen would know...yoohoo, MH, where are ya when I need ya???

True, but that isn't an impossible task for a capable lawyer. In this case, it doesn't really appear that local counsel was all that up on local rules and procedures anyway, sad to say!

I am wondering if all the drama about the body finding (by KC) was not at least in part caused by her thinking the matter had already been dealt with.. she may have been led to believe it had been moved and hidden elsewhere, or destroyed. Then finding out it had not been .. no wonder she wanted to speak to JB promptly, if that were the case.
This is what I thought when they reported she had her arms crossed when talking to JB after the remains were found...mad that whoever was told didn't make sure the remains were hidden better.

IIRC, D Casey said he worked for Casey Anthony.

That contractual relationship ENDED prior to his being retained by Cindy and George. Ergo, whatever he was doing after being hired by Cindy and George is NOT protected by any privilege.

I am wondering if all the drama about the body finding (by KC) was not at least in part caused by her thinking the matter had already been dealt with.. she may have been led to believe it had been moved and hidden elsewhere, or destroyed. Then finding out it had not been .. no wonder she wanted to speak to JB promptly, if that were the case.

I've thought this for a long time!!!!

I think this is one of the main reasons she doesn't acknowledge them in court, too. She's all kinds of peeved at them. They didn't follow through on "the plan".

I would guess that there is some defence attorney somwhere that would crawl out from under the same rock that JB was under and get his 15 minutes. Remember we are talking defence attorneys. They are not the most honorable bunch at times.
...with the exception of my dad...lol!

True, but that isn't an impossible task for a capable lawyer. In this case, it doesn't really appear that local counsel was all that up on local rules and procedures anyway, sad to say!

Sure, but again, it's all about what FL permits and doesn't permit. In LA, counsel pro hac vice is not permitted to act as lead counsel b/c the bar feels it is a pretty big deal to be well versed in the state's and the locality's rules - important to the integrity of the profession/practice of the law/best interests of the clients.

Sure, but again, it's all about what FL permits and doesn't permit. In LA, counsel pro hac vice is not permitted to act as lead counsel b/c the bar feels it is a pretty big deal to be well versed in the state's and the locality's rules - important to the integrity of the profession/practice of the law/best interests of the clients.
If I've read correctly, it's the same in Florida.

I have never witnessed a judge file a complaint against counsel. But I too agree, this absolutely CAN'T be good for JB. And he better think long and hard about his choice of "statements" regarding this newest complaint.

Personally, I think JB asked DC to either move or destroy evidence. Although I don't have any proof of it.

Yep. He'd better hire himself a darn good malpractice/ethics-professionalism complaint lawyer.

It's the attorney work product prvilege, and you're correct, since he wasn't working for JBaez in November, but was working instead for the defendant's parents, there is no extension of that privilege. If JBaez made the MISTAKE of attempting to speak or speaking with DCasey about any information that was coming from Casey, or was trying to insert himself into the contractual relationship DCasey had with the ANthony family, then JBaez in deeeeep doodoo.

This is simply amazing!

This I agree with. He pretty much already said so.

Regarding MN- I do NOT believe that he knew where Caylee's body was. THat would most definately have been a conflict to his new client, Tim Miller. No. MN knows things, bad things, about the family maybe but not THAT dirty little secret. MOO

?
I think that sometimes people of the human race, as a general rule, are not the most honorable at times. That's why we're here - talking about what Casey did to her DD Caylee. I sure wouldn't single out defense attorneys.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member