2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that both George and Cindy brought up the "Perfect 10" comparison seems to me that they rehearsed that little tidbit. They never seem to miss an opportunity to show the world what utter jerks they can be! Got to get that little "needle" in there, eh?

I don't buy the "I feel sorry for you" crap and "want to shake your hand" spiel from George, either.

I missed the last part of GA's deposition. Maybe I will change my opinion of him after I watch it. If he brought up the "Perfect 10" cr*p I will take back all the nice things I posted about him earlier.

I missed the last part of GA's deposition. Maybe I will change my opinion of him after I watch it. If he brought up the "Perfect 10" cr*p I will take back all the nice things I posted about him earlier.

He sure did.

I bet they practiced with flashcards.

GA is not sincere in his "apology" to ZFG, nor his handshake. That was more of the Anthony manipulation at work.

The A's are grifters and I wouldn't put my purse down in their house. IYKWIM

Page 22 of George's Deposition:

A I'm going to cut to your chase right now so
>Rough Draft - 26
1 you can get away with all these questions. Number one is
2 the Zanny that my daughter described to me is 24 to 25
3 years old, about 5 foot 7, 125, 130 pounds. She had
4 straight white teeth, long brown hair. On a scale of one
5 to ten, she's a ten, supposedly.

That he did.

GA is not sincere in his "apology" to ZFG, nor his handshake. That was more of the Anthony manipulation at work.

The A's are grifters and I wouldn't put my purse down in their house. IYKWIM

Their lawyer was on NBC this morning saying all ZG wants is fame and fortune out of this.

Consider this:
1. The suit is a mere 15000
2. Conway is all OVER television with his pro-bono work for them.

So who is in this for fame and fortune I ask?

>Rough Draft - 26

And this was spoken with a TON OF ATTITUDE, "**SHE'S** a TEN!"

"Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman."

Casey told Cindy that she was NEVER SHOWN any photographs. The lawyers questioning Cindy made a point of that.

The Anthonys were not asked any questions in these depositions that anyone else under the circumstances would not have been asked. There is a purpose for depositions and there are rules for depositions. The Morgan attorneys obviously know those rules much better than the Anthony's attorney did.

And yes, George did back down when the Morgan attorneys mentioned that if they had to go to the judge they would be seeking fees - meaning George and Cindy would be made liable for all attorney fees.

My take after reading both George and Cindy's transcripts: 1.) They were NOT at all properly prepared for depositions by their attorney. A good attorney will tell you to answer "Yes, No, or I don't know" and then SHUT UP! 2.) Both were obviously lying through their gum at times 3.) One is nutsier than the other 4.) I hope George doesn't have any firearms anymore (statistically those who will commit suicide will also often commit homicide)

Question: George made a big, big point during the depo of "correcting" the time frame for the "I followed Casey while she was driving her mother's car". What was his story to LE on when this ORIGINALLY supposedly happened? I know that when LE examined his EPass they found that the story did not match up with the EPass records.

I am not getting why he would have put this out there to LE in the first place.

To me, they both made a big point of making sure to "correct" George's recollection of the car chase dates (and to put it months before Caylee went missing) and to insist that there was no fight on June 15th.

To me, they both made a big point of making sure to "correct" George's recollection of the car chase dates (and to put it months before Caylee went missing) and to insist that there was no fight on June 15th.

I hope the neighbors that heard the ruckus will be called at trial.

>Rough Draft - 26

Thanks. I totally missed that.

And this was spoken with a TON OF ATTITUDE, "**SHE'S** a TEN!"

Amazing just amazing, that G&C can talk about the supposed murderer of their beloved grandaughter like that and their voices don't even crack or flinch a tiny bit! The real Zanny is a 10 and Cindy tells ZG you're cute but you're not a 10!! UNFRIGGENBELIEVABLE!!!:eek:

I can't believe what passes as a description to these people.

Well, Shalya, Cindy's not seen a picture of Zanny but she has a very clear picture IN HER MIND.

:crazy:

I think Morgan and Co. showed great restraint by NOT busting into gales of laughter or getting sarcastic after these gems from the mouths of Anthony.

Oh, come on! George testified that he had no knowledge of Casey ever taking money from family members?! He had to have known about the check fraud from his mother in law. This is beyond unbelievable. Note to self - buy stock in Tylenol.

He told the FBI himself about the stealing from Caylee's piggybank and some sort of account set up for Caylee that was drained not to mention Cindy's credit cards or the story about the deposit and robbed at gunpoint! Nope. None of THAT was mentioned at all.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/24/ng.01.html
Aired November 24, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
LE questioning GA

GEORGE ANTHONY: As far as other moneys that my daughter was taking, she took a small quarter coin collection that I had. And I know she has been taking money from my granddaughter`s bank because I`m always dropping a buck, 5 bucks, quarters. You know, one day you go in there and that bank is heavy. And it`s a good-size piggy bank. And you know you put money in there. You know it. There`s nothing.
She`s taken money from my wife`s purse...
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. You started to...
GEORGE ANTHONY: Twenty dollars, forty dollars, maybe more than that at a time.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You started to use the word there that you hesitated in -- you started to say -- you stopped.
GEORGE ANTHONY: Steal.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is that how you feel about it or is that how your wife feels about it?
GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is there any doubt in your mind that`s what she was doing?
GEORGE ANTHONY: No because we have all the information that she`s done it.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.
GEORGE ANTHONY: Three deposit slips that she had -- she had forged a deposit slip for $4,400.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: With your mother`s name -- with her mother`s name on it?
GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, with our account.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever hear Caylee talk about Zanny?
GEORGE ANTHONY: No. No. Because, as a matter of fact, we didn`t even bring up Zanny`s name. Our granddaughter is a pretty bright little girl. No, she never...
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She never said Zanny?
GEORGE ANTHONY: No.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Never talked about her nanny?
GEORGE ANTHONY: No, never said anything in those regards whatsoever.

Thanks. Yep, none of these facts were mentioned. It's like it never ever happened...........

He told the FBI himself about the stealing from Caylee's piggybank and some sort of account set up for Caylee that was drained not to mention Cindy's credit cards or the story about the deposit and robbed at gunpoint! Nope. None of THAT was mentioned at all.

And didn't he keep lying in the deposition and saying he "had no knowledge of that?" Either he lied to the FBI or he lied in the deposition.

I also found this interesting: They are going to the judge to make him answer the other questions. Conway may can use his wheelchair for sympathy with other lawyers but these guys know the law and they KNOW he is exerting privilege where there is none.

MR. MITNIK:On the other hand, I understand this is hard
14 for him. I'm a little disappointed, frankly, Brad,
15 you didn't have him prepared for this is relevance,
16 this is within the scope of discovery we're entitled
17 to.

MR. MITNIK: We're going to let you talk a
2 minute. Then we won't take a break. I'm either
3 going forward and doing my job and get questions and
4 answers and not get a lecture every question I ask.
5 I am empathetic of his situation, but I'm not going
6 to sit here and berated every question I ask.
7 Either be going to do this businesslike and
8 get it done or we're going to go to the judge and
9 ask him what he thinks about it. What do you want
10 to do? I've had it. What do you want to do?

The above said, I will admit that perhaps the civil suit should have been postponed until after the criminal trial, but by that time, ZG's life might have been irreparably damaged. IDK. All is JMO.

There really was no reason to postpone it. Morgan did not ask any questions which the Anthonys have not already sworn to in their prior statements. The problem now is the Anthonys are trying to CHANGE what they said, and that does not work in the legal world.

George had to be the most stupid officer around, or what was told about why he left the force was true. I am betting on incompetence if his statements and depositions are any indication of how he handled investigations for the Ohio Sheriff's department.

Maybe he was nothing but a traffic cop who wrote tickets for parking meters. That is all he seems qualified to do from what I have observed from the beginning of this.

I believe the fact they both testified that they neither one, nor Lee ever went to Sawgrass apartments to find Caylee PROVES that they KNEW the story was made up. There is not a grandparent around who could walk who would not have been going from apartment to apartment there trying to get some information about a child which went missing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth