Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have no idea why she did this but i believe this was planned.sandra had asked to go to the movie and bible study so i believe she was trying to get her to go with her and sandra trusted her.

Good points.

I'm updating my theory on why. The drugging of the other girl was an attempt to create danger and fear in the trailer park so this little girl or maybe even other kids wouldn't be allowed to play outside and come around as much. That didn't work, or word didn't get around so the even more horrible abduction had to happen there. That would get rid of the little girl coming around so much and make all the little girls have to stay and play indoors at their own homes. I believe it all has to do with her own "super thin and frequently ill" child wanting to go outside and play, getting older and more independent, and being influenced by her neighbor friends. A child being abducted nearby would be a perfect excuse to not let your child have any freedom at all or go outside.

This makes sense to me too. I think it's likely that in some twisted way, MH thought she was "protecting" her own daughter by killing Sandra. Extreme paranoia maybe ... I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

Hello,

I am new to posting but I found and read this site when Laci P. went missing. I was impressed with all of your insight into that case so I started up when Haleigh went missing and joined the site when Sandra went missing.

My gut tells me that Sandra saw MH put something into her SUV that was previously reported stolen in the MHP and was going to tell on MH. With MH's impending court date, the uncontrollable fear and panic of another arrest for theft made MH lose it, go into hysteria and commit this horrific crime.

I don't think she snapped (whereas she didn't know what she was doing) but that her sense of survival (freedom from going to prison for YET another theft) took over. I think she went into panic mode (disorganization) strangled or suffocated her, and then continued with out any plan... just get it done mode... Does that make sense?

C-

Hello,

I am new to posting but I found and read this site when Laci P. went missing. I was impressed with all of your insight into that case so I started up when Haleigh went missing and joined the site when Sandra went missing.

My gut tells me that Sandra saw MH put something into her SUV that was previously reported stolen in the MHP and was going to tell on MH. With MH's impending court date, the uncontrollable fear and panic of another arrest for theft made MH lose it, go into hysteria and commit this horrific crime.

I don't think she snapped (whereas she didn't know what she was doing) but that her sense of survival (freedom from going to prison for YET another theft) took over. I think she went into panic mode (disorganization) strangled or suffocated her, and then continued with out any plan... just get it done mode... Does that make sense?

C-

Thanks, and yes, and WELCOME TO WS!

:Welcome-12-june:
Hello,

C-

:Welcome-12-june:

Hello,

C-

Welcome!

I have a feeling that Sandra was killed becuase she was going to tell her parents about being molested by Melissa.As there are reports of two other girls having to deal with that from Melissa.I alos think when we hear what came out during the autopsy.Some people here will drop their jaws as to what the autospy shows.I honestly feel Melissa acted alone. And no one knew about the monster she really was.:sick:

I can't come up with any reason. I am impatiently waiting for her reason. This was a huge surprise to me. I automatically thought it was a pervert. The police said this precious Angel was murdered very soon after she went missing...before the police were even called.

Maybe this has been addressed in previous posts, but she left home at 4:00 and no one called an alert until 8:00? Is there an explanation for this. I might have missed it. TIA

I voted 'I just don't know'.

I hardly think she snapped and did it. She arranged alot of this on the fly. She killed Sandra in a different place than she kidnapped her from. This is not snapping. Too many steps in this, too much activity, and she carried Sandra somewhere else to kill her. Not a snap murder.

As for her being part of a pedo ring, I definitely think it's an idea. She happens to be friends with most of the other initial POI's. I think they're all involved with each other.

I'm waiting to hear her say she killed Sandra for "Jesus."

I have been pondering this for the last few days and I just can't understand why she would do this to a little girl not much older than her own daughter. I have read here that she was depressed and suicidal even as young girl herself and wonder if possibly she was Gay. Just a thought, but if she came from a very religious family she may have been taught that homosexuality is wrong and felt BAD about herself and been struggling with her own sexuality. Than again I hope I am just thinking too much and I am wrong, for I pray Sandra was not sexually abused. I answered I do not know.

I have been pondering this for the last few days and I just can't understand why she would do this to a little girl not much older than her own daughter. I have read here that she was depressed and suicidal even as young girl herself and wonder if possibly she was Gay. Just a thought, but if she came from a very religious family she may have been taught that homosexuality is wrong and felt BAD about herself and been struggling with her own sexuality. Than again I hope I am just thinking too much and I am wrong, for I pray Sandra was not sexually abused. I answered I do not know.

I am thinking along these same lines. I wouldn't be surprised if LE connects one or more previous abductions to MH at some point in the near future when DNA comparisons can be made to cold cases. I think that is worth sleuthing.

I answered I just don't know. There is so much I want to know though and I will follow this case very closely. Why was Sandra at the church with Melissa? Was Melissa's daughter at the church too? It is heartbreaking that the media is reporting that Melissa is the mother of Sandra's best friend. Have we heard anyone from the Cantu family say that? Did the Cantu family trust this woman?

Someone mentioned earlier today about something called "The Tracy 60" which is supposedly a child *advertiser censored* ring of some type. The first thing that came to mind when news footage of the investigators on the roof of the church led me to think they might have been looking for cameras embedded in the building. The crime scene investigators removed a fold-out bed from the church. This story does seem to be larger than it appears on the surface. Melissa seems to have been associated with a few of the registered sex offenders living in the MHP.

If it is child *advertiser censored* related, we'll probably never know it though because that information will be held by the police until trial.

~*

Someone mentioned earlier today about something called "The Tracy 60" which is supposedly a child *advertiser censored* ring of some type. The first thing that came to mind when news footage of the investigators on the roof of the church led me to think they might have been looking for cameras embedded in the building. The crime scene investigators removed a fold-out bed from the church. This story does seem to be larger than it appears on the surface. Melissa seems to have been associated with a few of the registered sex offenders living in the MHP.

If it is child *advertiser censored* related, we'll probably never know it though because that information will be held by the police until trial.

~*

I think LE was doing its due diligence in giving the church a thorough go-over, in case the kidnapping/murder was indeed related to internet *advertiser censored*. Sgt. Sheneman said online today that no more arrests were expected in the Cantu case. As for Tracy60, it appears not to be connected---all is subject to change, of course!

Hi, everyone, I've been reading here for a few days, but had some problems becoming registered because of my AOL email address, about which I want to say a huge, "Thank you!" to those who run this board and worked with me to get me on. You all are very much a class act.

In the meantime, I've been chomping at the bit to join this conversation. Knowing how surprising it was to everyone, including LE, to find a female perp I wanted to say that although I know it's rare, female sex offenders, with a preference for young girls or boys do, of course exist, and I've run into more than a few through ministry and counseling (I'm an ordained Lutheran minister who currently works with congregations of many different faith perspectives and has graduate training in psychopathology).

That's not to say this is the case in this crime, but Melissa, and a few of the elements surrounding the case, does seem to share some of the characteristics I might look for, including:

* a shy, introverted 30ish woman who prefers spending time with children (in her home and at social events),
* very high stressers in her environment (facing charges in April, financial concerns, divorce, single motherhood),
*compulsive religiousity in her background (as reported by classmates),
*high levels of anxiety (compulsive and nonsensical communications with LE),
* webs of falsehoods and confusing statements, and
*criminal activity in her past (compulsive, unboundaried behavior)

These are just a few indicators I would look at. Other elements of the crime also caught my attention:

* Sandra's reported comments about wanting to run away, go to bible study, go to the movies,
* Melissa's daughter with plans to leave on vacation,
* A suitcase, most often associated with a trip, figuring so prominently in the case, and
* The upcoming court appearance Melissa was facing

I'd hate to go sideways on my very first post, but to throw in my two cents I can't help wonder, with all of the above, if Melissa wasn't harboring a secret, fantastical desire to run away with Sandra, but that something went terribly wrong? Was she nurturing a obsession for Sandra that she suddenly decided to act upon, throwing caution to the wind? I wonder, but I guess we'll know a bit more soon.

welcome viki! great first post! In fact it was beyond great! It is wonderful to have someone else here with your background!

I found this part of your post especially interesting.. bold is mine:
* Sandra's reported comments about wanting to run away, go to bible study, go to the movies,
* Melissa's daughter with plans to leave on vacation,
* A suitcase, most often associated with a trip, figuring so prominently in the case, and
* The upcoming court appearance Melissa was facing

Are you saying that all the combined stressors may have triggered her actions? (I am a nurse and have some psyche background altho not to the extent that you do...my hat is off to you!)

Can you imagine your mother kills your best friend? That's what the other little girl has to come back to? What a nut this woman has to be.

Prayers to Sandra and her best friend.

I have questions about the incident involving the drugging of a child.

Was this child Sandra? Was the person she was with that day MH? Were any charges filed in this? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back