George and Cindy's Contempt

By showing such contempt are George and Cindy hurting their daughter's case?

• Yes, but they are blinded by family loyality

Votes: 112 27.0%
  • Yes, but they are not getting good legal advice as to how to behave

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Yes, but they act this way because they subconsiously know she did it

Votes: 253 61.0%
  • No, they are displaying normal grieving emotions

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe whole-heartedly that they are hurting her case and I voted for 'family loyalty', although I also feel that they know, whether consciously or subconsciously, that she did it. IMO, the are reacting much as a cornered animal would, by fighting, scratching, anything they can think to do, to prevent the inevitable from happening. This whole case is just so sad!
I Absolutely, Wholeheartedly, and Circumstantially agree:)

The choice I would have picked would be:
This is their normal MO. They have always insulted,bullied, threatened and twisted words and abided by laws only when it benefits them.

They have hurt her case by teaching Casey, by example, that you need never own up( repent) to anything as long as you get what you want.

Yeah. Like that.

Good post!

They are alienating everyone because they refuse to accept that their daughter/sister murdered her child. They refuse to believe it because it's too painful and humiliating. This is not how they want their family to be represented. They will fight and manipulate everyone and everything to prove that they are a good family. (Remember the fairy tale about the king and his new clothes? Well, the Anthony family is parading around nude right now, too!!!) I think it's called pride.

I voted for family loyalty because it was the closest I could find to pride.

ok i've decided to vote:

e. they have ignored all good legal advice, are fully aware that casey killed caylee, and their perception of how the world sees them is so £^&*%$! whacked that they actually believe their behaviour is helping her.

I voted "a" because I think they feel that they "owe" KC for some reason. I believe the guilt is eating them up alive and their outbursts of hatred, self-righteous behavior is getting the best of them. In my opinion, they have to feel loyal to KC because they are afraid that KC will spill the truth about who knew/did what/when at trial.

The A's (not KC) have actually had some very very good legal advise. MN is actually a very talented lawyer, who was really doing alot of good to protect them and change their public image. The chose not to listen to him. Even BC is not really that bad. His written statement today about the DP is pretty much dead on perfect for what the A's should actually be saying. It would be great if he could just get his clients to shut up and stay away from the limelight. But he can't.

As far as subconsciously thinking KC did it??? Given what has gone on in front of them, and wha they have cleaned up, it is pretty certain that they know damn well that KC did it, and are simply seeking to lie in public in order to preserve a twisted sense of family and pride.

For me, none of these really fit. I highly doubt that BC is at all pleased with how they behaved during depo. They had the interrogatories well beforehand ... and I feel certain that he attempted to prepare them. I don't think that they are blinded by anything ... including family loyalty ... I think that they KNOW that she did it ... nothing subconscious about it! I do believe that they are grieving ... but I think that the contempt comes from a place of pure guilt! I think that they believe that they are in some way responsible for what happened. I believe that they are lying under oath for self preservation ... and trying to preserve what is left of their family ... they must think to themselves ... "as long as we never admit it, no one will ever know for certain what we really think happened or what we know to be true." I believe that it is a conscious effort to protect their daughter ... but that would be hard, if not impossible, to prove ... and they know this!

I think it's for a couple of reasons:

Saving face. CA and GA but especially CA is all about saving face.

CA and GA feel betrayed by LE. Once the jailhouse videos were released and once CA's interviews with LE were released, it was pretty downhill from there. When CA thought that LE was building a murder case against Casey, that was it as far as volunteering any more interviews. They must have known about their phones being tapped since LA said that CA and GA's cell phones and their home phone was bugged. They are not going to help them any further and will not help the state of Florida try a murder case against their daughter Casey even if it was their granddaughter Caylee if they can help it.

I believe that CA and GA will do their best not to testify in their daughter's murder trial.

I think it's for a couple of reasons:

Saving face. CA and GA but especially CA is all about saving face.

CA and GA feel betrayed by LE. Once the jailhouse videos were released and once CA's interviews with LE were released, it was pretty downhill from there. When CA thought that LE was building a murder case against Casey, that was it as far as volunteering any more interviews. They must have known about their phones being tapped since LA said that CA and GA's cell phones and their home phone was bugged. They are not going to help them any further and will not help the state of Florida try a murder case against their daughter Casey even if it was their granddaughter Caylee if they can help it.

I believe that CA and GA will do their best not to testify in their daughter's murder trial.

I believe that was what the video camera was all about. To discredit the use of any material they may try to use at the trial blaming JM for "misconstruing" their testimony at the depositions.

CA has undoubtedly bulldozed her way through life. All of her life if she wanted something done she probably did it herself. Now this amazingly horrific thing happens and she honestly thinks she can "fix" this too.....by sheer will! I have known lots of people like her..and I may have some of these characteristics myself. In 10 years time (if she is still alive) she will realize how deluded she was during this time...but she will probably still love both Casey and Caylee. George is just along for the ride.

I don't see my choice listed, so I'll (readily) throw mine into the mix...just my ever-so-humble little opinion - I think it all just really comes down to image - their perceived images of themselves combined w/ their delusions of grandeur/self-importance - anything less than a "10" is completely off their egotistical radar...based on how little friends and co-workers knew of the family and really just how little of the family's own knowledge of other family members...just seems like all these tiny cracks started appearing and before anyone ever got around to plastering them up, the whole thing just broke apart...

They kinda just all "cracked" up... :eek:)

I believe the Anthonys feel a tremendous amount of guilt for simply not getting to the bottom of things sooner ..
They were so used to Casey's constant BS, they just kept letting it slide rather than DEMANDING to see Caylee ..

I mean, c'mon - who waits a month before at least TRYING to locate a MISSING family member???

The Anthonys KNOW they should have done something SOONER ..
Now, they'll do anything to save face, even make HUGE A$$es of them selves on national TV ..

They KNOW Casey KILLED their granddaughter, Caylee ..

I believe that subconciously the Anthony family would like to see Casey FRY for what she did to Caylee. Protecting the family legacy is their motive for their behavior, because they could be grandparents again, if Lee were to have children. Therefore, the family is UNITED, because nothing will bring Caylee back. In my opinion of course.

I hope my comment here doesn't offend anyone and it is certainly not meant to start a religious debate. However, years ago I was going out with a guy and he asked me to go to church with him on a Sunday morning. He was a Born Again Christian. I ended up being asked to leave and I will explain why and then ask my question.

The Reverend made an announcement to welcome back one of their members who had been gone for a long time and everyone clapped and rejoiced that he had found his way back to God and that he had been forgiven. I whispered to my bf to ask where he had been and was told that he was in jail for several years for molesting a child. They went on and on about how God had forgiven him for his sins and all the while my stomach was turning. People were going up and hugging this man and welcoming him back with open arms and I stood up and asked, "Does the child he molested forgive him? That's who is really important here. So can someone tell me if the child forgives him for his sins?" I was asked to leave immediately and never went out with that person again. I am sorry, I am just not into the belief that when you find God all is forgiven because it doesn't work out that way for the victims.

The reason I am explaining this is because I remember reading somewhere the GA and CA had become "Born Again Christians" as well. It would explain to me why GA made the statement that KC deserves prayer and deserves to be forgiven. I think that they know KC did kill Caylee but because of their religion, they are forgiving her. KC did have their Reverend meet with her in church. Could she have confessed to him and he helped the GP's to forgive? It is just a question and not meant to stir up any religious beliefs or to offend anyone. But I really think George knows KC did it and has almost said it at times but they have forgiven her. If you notice even in his deposition, when he says he believes his daughter, his eyes flicker and he can't really look at the person so he is having a hard time lying. Did they forgive her and can't understand why the rest of us won't so they feel they have to protect her from our evil ways? I don't know.

I am pretty sure they know what she did and probably how she did it by now

Good for you, Suzie! But, does that mean that "Born Again Christians" are permitted to lie? I figured out for sure when CA is lying. She smirks. Watch her response in her depo as she denies that her My Space posting was about Caylee being "missing".

Yes...but why? Is it just because they are inherently arrogant and ignorant? Is that all?

It's all ready been said "Mother like Daughter." Because folks are seeing some of the same things in each of them.

KC is in jail, folks can't watch her and get to know here. But they can watch the one she seems to be like. And that is Cindy.

Just like KC, it seems that Cindy will lie. She will say what she thinks the other person wants to hear.

Basicly, watching Cindy is a reminder of how KC works.

It's hard to consider someone an innocent little girl, when one is watching the mean bully in action.

Also, much of this case seems so unsureal. IF writing a book, I doubt a writer would come up with a person like KC or this family. It's just so... But watching the family, it reminds us that she is really like we thought and she isn't the only one like that. And YES, the family would really believe she wasn't prego at 7 months and ready to pop. SIlly stuff like that, that normally would be considered BS stuff.. in this case, it's truth.. weird, but truth.

Good Job CA, your keeping it real.

I think it is misdirected anger, they areso angry at Casey for what she has done and they are taking it out on anyone that comes in contact with them,I think they are hurting the case by their actions, it just looks like no one in that family has any self control, which is fine for them but could be part of a motive for Casey.

IMO the evidence released to the public regarding the murder of Caylee leads to one person: the mother, KC. If she is found guilty, KC is no different than anyone else who kills their child. If it were possible for the A's to step outside of the role as her parents and look at the case as if it were someone else's daughter who was accused of causing the death to her child, based upon the evidence presented to the public, they, too, I believe, would suspect her guilt. However, IMO, this is a lesson for them to learn from (which I doubt they will). If they would have abstained from lying, from involving themselves in coverups to obstruct the investigation, and just told the truth, this case would have taken a very different direction. Again, this situation has evolved for them the way it has due to their bad choices and decision making.

I used to think that the contempt they are showing was because of their grief and the horrific situation they are in, but after the depos I am convinced that their contempt is just a demonstration of what kind of people they are. I find them to be untruthful, combative, control freaks, and I will guess anti social. From what we have seen they have no social circle, no family and or friends speaking to demonstrate they are anything other than they have portrayed themselves to be....hostile, agressive, disingenuous people.

Yes their behavior is hurting the defense, but I don't know how to vote why here.

ITA Jax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member