CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmmaLee's Mom was arrested today! I haven't heard the news story...just the tease.

Found it taysmommy :blowkiss: for the heads up!

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12212340

Updated: 04/23/2009 05:14:05 PM PDT

Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says Stacey Barker was arrested Thursday afternoon and is being held on $1 million bond... Whitmore says inconsistencies in Barker's story led to her arrest.

Stacey's friends myspace

http://www.myspace.com/ur_dork

AMBER Will be lost without you!!! Stacey I am here for you always...LOve you

Nothing new on brother, Nick's, myspace or Stacey's

I'm so glad to hear this! Even if it was an accident...throwing your own baby into a pile of weeds on the side of the road has to be a crime in it of itself...

I hope to hear more about it tommow.....:confused:

OMG!!!!! I havent even read any articles yet, only read ALL of the great posts!!!! I am anxiously awaiting the local news and will try to stay awake long enough to let you all know- I have a kid to pick up, so hopefully Tammie is watching (both of us should get the same news KTLA, etc?) and can help me out ;).

Before this thread explodes, THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has read this thread and for anything you may have contributed towards helping keep us all informed. I dont want to single out anyone (or leave anyone out), but y'all know who you are, and as a fellow WS'er, I THANK YOU for everyone for taking this injustice as seriously as Emma Leigh Barker deserves. I am just a WS'er who happens to live close to where that sweet angel was left, and it has touched my heart, as well as many others.:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: WOW:eek:

OH THANK GOD!!!!!

Finally!!

Yes, finally the mom who lied and threw her baby off the freeway as trash is in jail.

1 million dollar bond! Wow! They must have a lot of evidence that could prove this mom's guilt.

Thanks to all here that sent the emails and such to get updates. Let's hope we learn more about how this tragedy unfolded. There's got to be more to this story than we know.

I'm guessing that there was no "accident", as it's a murder charge...

this link has some awesome info!

http://www.fresnobee.com/state/story/1353727.html

Her brother, Nick Barker, said his sister was arrested at his grandfather's house, where she has been staying "to get away from memories and phone calls and baby stuff."

"Everybody's in shock right now," the 21-year-old told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his Lancaster home. "We keep finding things out on the news. Nobody in this family would have ever thought of anything like this ever happening."

He said his sister says it was an accident but did not tell him anything about what happened or why she changed her story.

The family can't afford to hire an attorney so she is being represented by a public defender, he said.

Wow, this link has a pic of Stacey in the back of an ambulance! I hadn't seen this before.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6777614

it states that she will be charged on Monday, but doesn't give a time.

Hey girl,
What great news huh? It feels awesome to know she is behind bars. I just got home and missed the 11 o'clock news, but will watch in the am, and maybe they will have more, if not national coverage FIANLLY!!!!

Good news- They finally moved up Emma's story from 27 on the list to number 3. Jey Leno and some earthquakes topped her story.

Wanted to share some more pics of the ambulance, the crime scene, and some of Emma. You may have seen them. but they are hidden in the article. Under Emma's oic, there is a small link that says 'photo gallery' and they are there-

http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?L...For-Murder-in-Tod=1&blockID=243852&feedID=171

Hey girl,
What great news huh? It feels awesome to know she is behind bars. I just got home and missed the 11 o'clock news, but will watch in the am, and maybe they will have more, if not national coverage FIANLLY!!!!

Good news- They finally moved up Emma's story from 27 on the list to number 3. Jey Leno and some earthquakes topped her story.

Wanted to share some more pics of the ambulance, the crime scene, and some of Emma. You may have seen them. but they are hidden in the article. Under Emma's oic, there is a small link that says 'photo gallery' and they are there-

http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?L...For-Murder-in-Tod=1&blockID=243852&feedID=171

For heavens sakes! I cannot believe with all my searches I never saw those pics, thanks for posting. That one with the trunk of the car open, gave me the creeps, I thought about Caylee.

I especially love the 'she was staying at her grandfathers to get away', like a f'ing vacation! Oh well, no more comfy bed for her, although I imagine the jail bed is alot more comfortable than.....oh, I don't know.................A DITCH WITH TALL WEEDS!!!

OMG is all I can keep saying- This girl is sick!!!!

Quoted from above link from lovejac-Thank you btw :blowkiss:

Her brother, Nick Barker, said his sister was arrested at his grandfather's house, where she has been staying "to get away from memories and phone calls and baby stuff."

WTF??? Get AWAY from memories of Emma? I would think that most "normal/innocent" parents would be grieving so deeply for their sweet, innocent angel of a baby that was thrown away like garbage in some weeds off the freeway, about 20 miles from her home. I would want every memory, every scent, every possible thing I could keep around to remind me of my baby- After all, it has been 35 days since she was murdered. To get away from it all, shows me that the guilt is killing her and eating her up inside, as it VERY WELL SHOULD BE!!!! I hope those women in county mess with her head and drive her crazy, night after night!!! She will probably be segregated and on suicide watch (most murderers usually are monitored after arrets to make sure they don't hurt themselves- the guilt sets in and they are sorry they got caught)

I hope with the murder charge and a $1 million bail, this twit will get the DP. This HAS to hit NATIONAL NEWS and Emma will finally get some justice. Watch your news tomorrow. California has its own CMA :furious:

I strongly feel that she will be an easy nut to crack. She doesnt seem as narciscistic (so far from what we have read and seen on MS and media only) as Casey as far as her MS goes. It doesnt post deliberate pics of death and gloom-some mild pics she got professionally taken, but modest compared to Casey, IMO. Even after she was first arrested and they got her to recant her story and lead them to Emma. I think this shows she will tell even more of the truth, which will prob lead to a deal. Her family can't afford an atty, she has a PD, and from the sounds of things, she has some more 'splainin to do!

What a shame that these BRATS keep killing their babies and THROWING them away like garbage. From what we know and have read so far, it feels like she followed the same rule book that CMA does- Let's hope they get matching sentences!!!!! It's not as easy as these kids think to get away with murder- how horrible..............

lol- we crossed posts and they almost match exactly!!!

Definiely a HUGE similarity to Caylee- What a freaking shame!!!

OMG is all I can keep saying- This girl is sick!!!!

Quoted from above link from lovejac-Thank you btw :blowkiss:

I hope with the murder charge and a $1 million bail, this twit will get the DP. This HAS to hit NATIONAL NEWS and Emma will finally get some justice. California has its own CMA :furious:

What a shame that these BRATS keep killing their babies and THROWING them away like garbage. From what we know and have read so far, it feels like she followed the same rule book that CMA does- Lets hope they get matching sentences!!!!! Its not as easy as these kids think to get away with murder- how horrible..............

No . When I read that article I thought, Nick is Stacey's "Lee". Seriously, would you let your brother or sister NOT tell you what kind of 'accident'? Did anyone in her family question her or do they walk on eggshells?

I have one thing to say:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Ok, two things...

Mark Geragos better not even THINK about this case.

No . When I read that article I thought, Nick is Stacey's "Lee". Seriously, would you let your brother or sister NOT tell you what kind of 'accident'? Did anyone in her family question her or do they walk on eggshells?

I totally agree. This sounds like a pretty tight-knot family and maybe the pressure from the family for answers is what drove her to grandpa's. Nick actually seems like a decent kid, and was broken up (Im sure STILL is, as EVERYONE else is) from Emma's death. Who wouldn't be?

Sounds like maybe the tox results came back?? They usually have a 30 day turn around ( info from a tech friend in LV) and we just passed that day. By the time it took to get the warrant, dot their i's and cross their t's, this would coinside with the time frame of tox results. I have a feeling she will TALK to save her LIFE-

Too bad she didn't care about Emma's life......

RIP Emma Leigh Barker- You can fly free now, they got her......:angel:

This is great news! I'll tell you what, a 1 million dollar bond is not sought for an accidental death.

And what was she doing at her grandfathers house? I thought she was released into the custody of her parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomitten