Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose anything is possible. With so much news lately about police seizing the computers of suspects, I cannot imagine - unless he was a computer expert himself - that he would have used his computer for typing the messages from home or work. Then again, who knows?

My biggest concern is this: Since he has not been named a suspect, I doubt the police have his home or work computer. Such a delay would provide him with ample time to either destroy evidence.

When I read that he has an affair, I thought about how police could access his personal and work e-mail accounts. But I don't think they would do this until he was named a suspect. Thus, allowing him ample time to destroy incriminating messages, etc.

Bummer, huh?

I'm almost certain they have the home computer. With all the threats, and it was in the house they were killed in. I'm betting they have the work one also.

I posted yesterday about the reporter talking to neighbor of the parents that did not want to be identified. They seen LE taking a computer out of the parents house.

I think the defense wouldn't have a problem with your first question. They would simply respond, "What, would he never leave their house at all?" He has to make a living, go shopping, etc. From his vantage point, if the threats were real he did what he was supposed to do; namely, report it to the police. In fact, he even went a step further and installed a security camera.

What I don't get, is that if CC felt the need to install a camera, why just put one in the front? It would make more sense to have one somewhere in the back, where a person hiding in the woods - and more concealed - could enter the home more easily than from the front.

As for the window, we never heard it was left open. Police indicated it was not forced, which I would assume meant not broken and/or no crowbar was used to pry it open. The screen was damaged. So, I'd assume that it was left unlocked but not necessarily left open.

I agree with you, if you feel the threats are serious enough to (1) report them to the police and (2) install surveillance equipment, I'd think you would make sure that the windows / doors were always locked. However, with 2 young boys and cool spring weather, it is possible that locking one was overlooked. I know my wife and I are neurotic about our windows, but I found our front window unlocked a few weeks ago. We still don't know how that happened.

FWIW, here in California we're a little more proactive. Rather than just installing cameras to record crimes for posterity, we also install alarms. Pretty inexpensive safety feature to protect your family. Magnets on every window and door entrance. Remote or hardwire main control can be in the bedroom or by the front door. Hooked up so as to have an audio and auto-dial to LE when activated and set-off.:waitasec:

Gosh, I thought this was a security guy? He's gone for days on end and he leaves a camera to record just in case anything happens to his family while he's gone?:rolleyes: What about PREVENTING it or STOPPING IT?:confused:

Just sayin'
fran

PS.........LOL, for parents of teens, fwiw, those alarms on the windows are a great deterent for sneaky teenagers that think they'll terrorize the neighborhood while you're asleep.....their friends hate that.:crazy:

Good morning everyone :)

Has there been any new news or updates this morning?

Fran, we do that in NC too. It does seem like they would have installed an alarm system as well as the cameras.

Yup, I think so. The article mentions that they used to live in St. Louis County, Missouri and Springfield is in St. Louis county... right?

The MCS mentioned that the investigation had led them to various parts of the country, Springfield Missouri being one of them. So if the house is in St. Louis County, its in Springfield.:)

I'm just picking through the thread looking at the articles....:crazy:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, trying to catch up, Springfield is not in St. Louis County... it's in Southwest Missouri, down by Oklahoma. The house here they're looking at is in St. Louis County, in South County near JMM.

Hi KaylynnCouture!

No NEW news today, just repeat..............of course, a little 'rumor' here and there doesn't hurt either. That's just it though, we have to just wait until the 'rumor' becomes fact.

Actually, I personally am waiting for LE to make a surprise visit to the Coleman home and invite Chris down for a little discussion and when he doesn't want to go they tell him he doesn't have a choice because he's under arrest.

Course, I did see his def attorney said he'd appreciate a forwarning of an arrest so his client can turn himself in. :rolleyes:

I read, LOL, RUMOR!, that the guy from Chris employer who visited him yesterday 'fired him.' Has anyone seen that confirmed?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if it were TRUE as it wouldn't be a good move for either side, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Fran, we do that in NC too. It does seem like they would have installed an alarm system as well as the cameras.

Yeah, the lack of an alarm system makes me NOT believe the threat scenario.
Either the threats are totally UNTRUE, or he's just stooopid and shouldn't have been a security person for a 7/11 much less a living persons ie. JM.:eek:

Geesh,
fran

I suppose anything is possible. With so much news lately about police seizing the computers of suspects, I cannot imagine - unless he was a computer expert himself - that he would have used his computer for typing the messages from home or work. Then again, who knows?

My biggest concern is this: Since he has not been named a suspect, I doubt the police have his home or work computer. Such a delay would provide him with ample time to either destroy evidence.

When I read that he has an affair, I thought about how police could access his personal and work e-mail accounts. But I don't think they would do this until he was named a suspect. Thus, allowing him ample time to destroy incriminating messages, etc.

Bummer, huh?

Short of shredding your hard drive, Computer Forensics can ALWAYS get most everything that has ever been done on any computer. You think you've deleted a file, or your browsing history - but it's always there and it's accessible with the aide of Forensics technology. It really is amazing how it works.

Reports did say the removed a computer from the parents home, and police did remove a lot of evidence from the crime scene. My bet would be a computer would be something they'd take immediately.

FWIW, here in California we're a little more proactive. Rather than just installing cameras to record crimes for posterity, we also install alarms. Pretty inexpensive safety feature to protect your family. Magnets on every window and door entrance. Remote or hardwire main control can be in the bedroom or by the front door. Hooked up so as to have an audio and auto-dial to LE when activated and set-off.:waitasec:

Gosh, I thought this was a security guy? He's gone for days on end and he leaves a camera to record just in case anything happens to his family while he's gone?:rolleyes: What about PREVENTING it or STOPPING IT?:confused:

Just sayin'
fran

PS.........LOL, for parents of teens, fwiw, those alarms on the windows are a great deterent for sneaky teenagers that think they'll terrorize the neighborhood while you're asleep.....their friends hate that.:crazy:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Doesn't make sense to me either! However, we don't know the extent of the threats at this point. It could have simply been something like "You , you work for JMM, I'm gonna slash your car tires!" Enough to get a camera pointing at your mailbox - where the threats were left - and the driveway, but not enough to warrant purchasing a security system for the home.

I'm not defending CC, just trying to examine all the ways he might try to wiggle out of this situation and explain himself. The family had financial issues, right? So, maybe the camera was inexpensive (i.e., he already had it being as he was in the security business) but the system was an expense they could not afford? Just sayin' . . .

Good morning everyone :)

Has there been any new news or updates this morning?

Not really, but the HUGE headline in todays STL Post Dispatch reads:

"Detectives declare Coleman case solved"

Must make for some very interesting conversation over coffee in the Coleman house in Chester today.

Found an interesting article on Joyce Meyers & her 'security' in below link. Just do a 'control f' and type in 'security' & you'll find it.
http://www.trinityfi.org/press/JoyceMeyer1.html

'Security is important to Meyer, who says she has received death threats. She has a division of the ministry dedicated to her safety. Her officers wear pistols; they guard the headquarters' front gate, keeping out anyone but employees and invited guests.

The ministry bought a $145,000 house where the security chief lives rent-free to keep him close to the ministry's headquarters. '

Mapquest and some news sites will sometimes mention areas in the southern portion of St. Louis County as Mehlville, Sappington, Oakville, Crestwood etc. It's known to locals as simply South County. In addition to these and other municipalities, there is a large portion that is unincorporated. There is no real difference between the areas they all just run together. I lived in South County and I wouldn't even be able to tell you what the borders are. St. Louis County is comprised of many municipalities. They each usually have their own police, fire and school districts except for the unincorporated areas which are covered by the St. Louis County Police. The city of STL is actually pretty small (about 300k I believe) while the metro area has about 3 million people. Columbia, IL would be in the area known as Metro East. This is often confusing for people outside the area, so I thought I'd clear that up.

Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis is comprised of detectives and officers from the entire metro area...MO and IL. They also have a legal team of local attorneys.

Found an interesting article on Joyce Meyers & her 'security' in below link. Just do a 'control f' and type in 'security' & you'll find it.
http://www.trinityfi.org/press/JoyceMeyer1.html

'Security is important to Meyer, who says she has received death threats. She has a division of the ministry dedicated to her safety. Her officers wear pistols; they guard the headquarters' front gate, keeping out anyone but employees and invited guests.

The ministry bought a $145,000 house where the security chief lives rent-free to keep him close to the ministry's headquarters. '

This must be the house they lived in before. Houses in Columbia cost much more than that. Also, Columbia, IL and Fenton, MO where JMM is located are not that close. The other house would be much closer.

I've been a bit aggravated about Coleman, who is a highly trained ex-military security expert, calling LE about an hour after he leaves the house supposedly because he can't get his wife on the phone???? He left the house at 5:45 am, drove 11 miles, so just say it took 15 minutes to get to the gym. That's 6:00 am. He gave the story that he couldn't get his wife on the phone so he decides to call LE at around 6:50 am to get them to do a wellness check? This doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't he dash out the door of the gym and drive the 11 miles to his house and check on them himself? He is an ex-military, highly trained, expert on defending someone, right? Is he scared to go home to protect his wife and children???? I think the weakest link in his alibi is this: He calling LE after only45 minutes of time passing since he left the house. This really throw up a red flag to me. :behindbar

This must be the house they lived in before. Houses in Columbia cost much more than that. Also, Columbia, IL and Fenton, MO where JMM is located are not that close. The other house would be much closer.

Yes, that is the house that has 'supposedly' not been occupied since Chris & Sheri moved to Columbia several years ago.

Was reading thru the comments on the latest article @ sltoday.com -- found a couple of really interesting ones so far (haven't read all 200+!)

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...D2C9FBCC6917F4E3862575B6001068B5?OpenDocument

Bolds by me

(page 11 of comments)
daisyd May 14, 2009 6:46AM CST
Even though JM is a horrible person she made a good pr choice by firing him yesterday!!! She's running from this as fast as she can
Report Abuse

Anyone else heard about this?? I can't find anything on it.

(page 38 of comments)
acoleman2348 May 14, 2009 9:03AM CST
i'm sorry, but you all have no idea what you are talking about. no one knows ANYTHING about ANYTHING that they are talking about... i am family, and there is so much information that is not being released through the media about the investigation and about potential threats coming towards Sheri and the boys. Also, have we considered the fact the murderer had been stalking them and KNEW Chris' daily routine - and his route to the gym. You don't know the killer has contacted them after the murder, do you? You also don't know Sheri's family rarely talked to her EVER while she was alive, and that they have some pretty scary ties with some scary places. Did you know that? Chris and our family is mourning, and you are all dissecting 10 paragraph news releases as if that is the entire story, or the true story... seriously. Stop ruining a family, and wait for a trial to be had.
Report Abuse

Sooooo - the killer has contacted "them after the murder" but LE is pulling back on the surveillance?

Anyone think that "acoleman2348" is an actual family member?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...D2C9FBCC6917F4E3862575B6001068B5?OpenDocument

Hello TallCoolOne,

You wrote:
>>Are you for real? So you think eight days is more than enough time for someone to get past their grief after their family has been brutally murdered?<<

Have I told you lately that I love you? :blowkiss:

I'm still laughing at the "Are you for real?"

W

Well, keep laughing Wrinkles. I can't help it if the readers put MUCH more meaning into what I wrote than I EVER intended.

Yes, I'm for real ... and I can see the veiled laughs being posted, as well.

But .. whatever .... so much read into that statement I should be the one laughing.

I think CC is thinking I am a good christian man (in his own mind and the phoney face he put on)
Heck my daddy owns a church,I am the son of a preacher ,I am a big deal security guy for JMM .I think he is sitting there very smug thinking he will not be charged.Remember anyone who can kill not only his wife, but his 2 innocent sons and then to stage it in such a short time span is a psychopath and he thinks he is smarter than LE.But in reality IMO his goose is cooked,now LE is just letting him marinate for a little while.Hopefully the testing has a rush on it and won't take to long.

Was reading thru the comments on the latest article @ sltoday.com -- found a couple of really interesting ones so far (haven't read all 200+!)

Bolds by me

(page 11 of comments)
daisyd May 14, 2009 6:46AM CST
Even though JM is a horrible person she made a good pr choice by firing him yesterday!!! She's running from this as fast as she can
Report Abuse

Anyone else heard about this?? I can't find anything on it.

(page 38 of comments)
acoleman2348 May 14, 2009 9:03AM CST
i'm sorry, but you all have no idea what you are talking about. no one knows ANYTHING about ANYTHING that they are talking about... i am family, and there is so much information that is not being released through the media about the investigation and about potential threats coming towards Sheri and the boys. Also, have we considered the fact the murderer had been stalking them and KNEW Chris' daily routine - and his route to the gym. You don't know the killer has contacted them after the murder, do you? You also don't know Sheri's family rarely talked to her EVER while she was alive, and that they have some pretty scary ties with some scary places. Did you know that? Chris and our family is mourning, and you are all dissecting 10 paragraph news releases as if that is the entire story, or the true story... seriously. Stop ruining a family, and wait for a trial to be had.
Report Abuse

Sooooo - the killer has contacted "them after the murder" but LE is pulling back on the surveillance?

Anyone think that "acoleman2348" is an actual family member?

Scary ties with some scary places? Why because they are Italian-Americans from Cicero and Berwyn, IL? (Capone lived in Cicero). The continued threats would be pretty easy for police to investigate if they were true.

Yup, I think so. The article mentions that they used to live in St. Louis County, Missouri and Springfield is in St. Louis county... right?

The MCS mentioned that the investigation had led them to various parts of the country, Springfield Missouri being one of them. So if the house is in St. Louis County, its in Springfield.:)

I'm just picking through the thread looking at the articles....:crazy:

Springfield, Missouri is in the Southwest part of the state, a good 4 hours from St. Louis, Springfield, IL (and where state police headquarters is) is the capital of IL, and about an hour and a half -two hours from the area of the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule