Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, for i was there today in the courtroom and it just seemed to me in my opinion that there was for CC no feelings there at all. I mean come on dont' you think you would at least looked at your parents if no one else. He just sat there with his little paper and pen and acted like he was one of the lawyers(so to say) taking notes down. Everything that was stated today in the courtroom there was no sighs by CC or shaking his head or anything. I know some people deal with matters in different ways,( i am not defending him by any means) but come on I would think you would have some kinda facial expressions or hand movements or just signs of disgust if you didn't do something like this, that you are accused of doing. I just looked to me as if he was a cold,feelingless,evil person tryin to get away with murder.

When I was referring to my last post, I was talking about family and friends of CC. When it came to CC himself, my friend felt like he was just pure evil! Didn't say much about what else CC was doing - just that feeling of evil! Did you feel that too?

Joyce Meyer Ministries does allow divorced people to work there; Joyce Meyer is divorced (her husband was abusive and I believe may've ended up doing time.) There are many divorced folks working at JMM. HOWEVER she doesn't allow employees to divorce for reasons that are "unbiblical" such as CC's case. Sheri would've been allowed to work there if she divorced CC for abuse or adultery. The Bible is very clear (NT and OT) that divorce is permissible (though not always necessary) in cases of adultery and abuse.

Police Chief Joe Edwards went on the record saying Joyce Meyers confirmed no employee can be divorced. When they asked Chris Coleman what can investigators do to find the killer, he said "i don't know, check my surveillance video." The recorder was missing and unplugged and was discovered lying in the westbound lanes of I-255.\
<snipped>http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-chriscolemanprelimhearing-061009,0,4699172.story

Didn't someone say that JM is divorced? Why is she working for herself, in that case? I can see that employees are not allowed to divorce for no reason, but no divorces at ALL? It would have been scripturally sound for Sheri to divorce due to adultery...even "IF" it was just nekked pics on a cell phone! If she was the one employed by JMM, they wouldn't allow her to divorce either?

That's just not right.

Yes, JM is divorced. Hipocrisy anyone? If Sheri had discovered the affair, she would have been well within her rights to divorce CC. However, CC couldn't have kept his cushy job in that scenario - and he would have had to pay alimony and child support. Guess that would have been a problem for him......and TL.

CountryGirl! Before I forget:

welcome.gif

I'm glad you've joined us! What made you decide to attend the hearing today?

Joyce Meyer Ministries does allow divorced people to work there; Joyce Meyer is divorced (her husband was abusive and I believe may've ended up doing time.) There are many divorced folks working at JMM. HOWEVER she doesn't allow employees to divorce for reasons that are "unbiblical" such as CC's case. Sheri would've been allowed to work there if she divorced CC for abuse or adultery. The Bible is very clear (NT and OT) that divorce is permissible (though not always necessary) in cases of adultery and abuse.

As it should be, then! Thanks for clearing that up. The person testifying today either didn't make that clear or people are just writing notes about the testimony rather than the whole enchilada.

CountryGirl! Before I forget:

welcome.gif

I'm glad you've joined us! What made you decide to attend the hearing today?

I am a local and i have kept up with the story from day 1. I wanted to hear and see what went on and be able to see the jerk behind all this chaos and just tragedy. My mother (RollinOn86) and I went together and after being in there today makes me believe much that he is a cold hearted person and I can't believe he could act as he did. There are truely some twisted individuals out there and my heart goes to SC family and with the loss of the boys just makes me wanna cry, for i have 2 children as well and i dont' know how anyone could do this. I will continue to go to the court cases as the arrive. And thank you for the "welcome" it is a pleasure to be here.

I'm sorry if I was 'mean' in my response, I just feel like the facts are bad enough all by themselves without people trying to invent some wild conspiracy that doesn't exist.

Yes, I have heard of a connecting flight before, however, I'm sure JMM flies non-stop. They seem to do everything else the most extravagant, wasteful way possible.

Thank you.

Thank you so much sim. I'm not a religious person, but I recall another poster stating previously that divorce is not not specifically addressed in the bible. If it is, can you advise me where to look for that reference?

There was something said in the courtroom today that the Cheif of Police had mentioned too that when they found Garret and Galvin in there rooms they also had the red spray paint on there sheets with wording on them as well. Now why in the heck would CC spray paint something on the childrens sheets? The Cheif also said they had found more evidence laying on top of one of the children, hmmmm wonder what kind of evidence CC left there? And it was also stated that when they had questioned CC he said the night before he had checked all the windows to make sure they were locked and the doors as well and everything was locked down, but when they arrived on the 5th every window was unlocked and the one was opened with the screen sitting on or by the outside patio furniture. C'mon CC needs to get a little better as covering his tracks i thnk.

Fairy1, here you go:

Matthew 5:31 "It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" 4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." 7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" 8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

There's several more references but this gives you a good understanding of what Christ Himself said about the subject.

Thanks for asking for the information.

Fairy1, here you go:

Matthew 5:31 "It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" 4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." 7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" 8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

There's several more references but this gives you a good understanding of what Christ Himself said about the subject.

Thanks for asking for the information.

Thank you so much, sim!

I am sorry that this tragic case has any connection, whatsoever, to religion at all. But, it does, on so many levels.

I am a local and i have kept up with the story from day 1. I wanted to hear and see what went on and be able to see the jerk behind all this chaos and just tragedy. My mother (RollinOn86) and I went together and after being in there today makes me believe much that he is a cold hearted person and I can't believe he could act as he did. There are truely some twisted individuals out there and my heart goes to SC family and with the loss of the boys just makes me wanna cry, for i have 2 children as well and i dont' know how anyone could do this. I will continue to go to the court cases as the arrive. And thank you for the "welcome" it is a pleasure to be here.

Your mom is kewl!
1980_boogie_down.gif

Your mom is kewl!
1980_boogie_down.gif

Thank you. I couldn't have been given a better mom. She is always thinking and we call ourselfs the R.I.P's, it is the name of our town and investigation patrol.. LOL. Boy you should have seen her today in there i could see the smoke starting to flare into a fire coming out her ears.. that foot kinda shakin a little and all.. :)

I only caught Nancy Grace's BOMBSHELL BREAKING NEWS crawler this evening, but if everything reported is accurate, CC would be wise to plead guilty and try to avoid the death penalty.

If the reports from LE that Sheri and her sons (because they're not his anymore) were dead long before he left for the gym, that they were spray-painted with obscenities (nice touch, psychopath), and that he was the source of the threatening letters (why not terrorize your wife and her sons before you choke the life out of them), he should finally man-up and confess. Even Mark Hacking (and his cheesy bandana) had the stones to confess to his family and plead guilty.

Are we becoming a society chock-full of narcisstic sociopaths or do I just need a time-out from this forum?

Pres101 - Are you up to revealing what your sources have?

Had to do a lot of traveling today so not much puter time. It looks like all the info is out. Off the top of my head the only contradiction is that the Coleman family seemed normal for the circumstances. Not laughing and carrying on at all but rather serious.

Greetings Chris Hayes

One of my co-workers spotted the following post and I found it pretty funny. You have me confused with a radio host (who went off on Nancy Grace). It's all over YouTube. However, I did appear on the program a couple times in the days after that episode. ...

Well, I guess you would, or at least I'm glad you could find it funny ... Geesh, I was talking about the press liking to muck things up at times and I stepped right in it myself! I owe you a HUGE apology and here it is!

I HONESTLY APOLOGIZE TO YOU CHRIS HAYES!

I apologize for confusing you with the fellow who went off on Nancy Grace (I should have checked facts before writing). I'm very sorry :( VERY sorry.

I couldn't remember that guy's name to look him up... BUT I did look you up and found your picture here. Woah Chris, if you go to that other fellow's website (the one for his show, where he is seen on the right side of the page standing and fiddling with his shirt cuff) -- do you see the resemblance between the two of you? I was going by memory of his looks when I saw your picture, that is why I wrote: "Wasn't he the one ..." Again, I "shoulda" fact checked.

I'm glad your co-worker spotted my post and brought it to your attention so that you could set me straight and so that I could apologize.

I had written:
>>Again...to be fair, I would like to see photos and, particularly, video of this "smiling and frequently laughing" being reported. I sure wish we had one of ours, one of our tender caring and equitable WS'rs reporting for us.<<

You responded:
... Also, the description of the Coleman family and friends is simply what I observed. I make no judgements about it. The intern who was with me also pointed it out. It wasn't something that happened for a minute or two -- it was the vibe they gave off for about 45 minutes previous. As far as making judgements, I'm not sure there's any way they could have acted that would not attract criticism.

Well, the above is nearly as good as a video -- there were several of you seeing things for 45 minutes, you wrote your observation and the "vibe." On the other hand video can be extremely helpful (as you probably well know).

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3857706&postcount=1222"]One of our other posters noted their friend's observation:[/ame]

>>Friend said they were the same outside as inside. Always pleasant and well-mannered.<<

Compare the above words with "Chris Coleman's family wouldn't talk, but they were smiling and frequently laughing before the hearing."

Words... the difference in how things are worded ...

Either way, I certainly appreciated your sharing of your notes with Chip -- we were looking for information and you were most helpful. I'm sure we all look forward to more of your reporting, I do.

I only caught Nancy Grace's BOMBSHELL BREAKING NEWS crawler this evening, but if everything reported is accurate, CC would be wise to plead guilty and try to avoid the death penalty.

If the reports from LE that Sheri and her sons (because they're not his anymore) were dead long before he left for the gym, that they were spray-painted with obscenities (nice touch, psychopath), and that he was the source of the threatening letters (why not terrorize your wife and her sons before you choke the life out of them), he should finally man-up and confess. Even Mark Hacking (and his cheesy bandana) had the stones to confess to his family and plead guilty.

Are we becoming a society chock-full of narcisstic sociopaths or do I just need a time-out from this forum?

I agree with you that he should confess and give the SC family the relief they derserve. But with him killing them all then he could have stayed working with the JMM and the the Home wrecker as i call her could move here and then life would be happy for them all and there would be no kids to worry about (bringing up there mommy). I am sure he thought this would work out with the "threating" letters, which were put in the mailbox without any envelopes and stamps. But I think he is relizing in the back of his mind that this isn't going to be the case, but with his demented mind he may still think he didnt' do it since i guess that is what they call insanity right?

Howdy Kimster,

... My friend who was in the courtroom today said something similar about how it didn't matter how they acted, someone would perceive it one way or another. ...

That is why it is so nice to have video, isn't it? So that people can observe from their personal vantage point and form an opinion to discuss. Even so, we have what we have. Tell your friend thanks for sharing their observations and take with us.

I don't think CC is a representative of our society at all! I know LOTS of people (mostly men) who cheat on their wives - but they don't murder them - or their babies! Psychopath - or something along those lines - I really don't think any respectable doctor would state that, based on the obvious premeditation and the "other woman."

I truly hope CC will confess before this goes to trial, but I have my doubts. He obviously thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Based on what we know, nothing could be further from the truth! Idiot.

These were terribly personal murders - IMO. All the set up and the spray painting just makes me sick.

The sociopath may be defined as one who steals from, lies to, and cheats on those around him while being unaffected by conscience and unhampered by responsibility for his or her egregious acts (Morris, 1988). He is someone we have reason to fear and dread because he can so often be found where he was least expected.

<snipped>

http://www.alienview.net/conspire.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members