Pamela Long Wiggins In-Depth Discussion

This is for the hold notice she has.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ute&Search_String=538.21&URL=CH0538/Sec21.HTM

538.21 Hold notice.--

(1) Whenever a law enforcement officer has reasonable cause to believe that certain items of regulated metals property in the possession of a secondary metals recycler have been stolen, the law enforcement officer may issue a hold notice to the secondary metals recycler.

(a) The hold notice shall be in writing, shall be delivered to the secondary metals recycler, shall specifically identify those items of regulated metals property that are believed to have been stolen and that are subject to the notice, and shall inform the secondary metals recycler of the information contained in this section.

(b) Upon receipt of the notice issued in accordance with this section, the secondary metals recycler receiving the notice may not process or remove the items of regulated metals property identified in the notice, or any portion thereof, from the place of business of the secondary metals recycler for 15 calendar days after receipt of the notice by the secondary metals recycler, unless sooner released by a law enforcement officer.

(snipped)

I remember we looked at this before, but I still don't know why she has a hold notice?

I thought a hold notice just meant that they couldn't be released, even if they came up with the bond for the other charges.
For example, I knew a guy that had a "hold for ICE" on his look up record because after he was done with the other charges, if found not guilty or dropped, he was not to be released, but was to be given over to immigration officials.
ETA: Maybe the feds get her after the local charges are dealt with?

Well, according to the testimony yesterday at PLW's hearing to raise her bond/increase her charges, he was going to kill her before he would ever have her go to jail. Not the most protective sounding guy ...

Maybe he took a taxi home and she was just coming outside to help unload? Wonder if Hugh ever travels out of the country?

kill her so she cannot squeel on HIM! rather than her go to jail...........
reading between the lines........IMO......not LOVE!

After reading most of these documents, it seems very possible that PLW was on drugs. That could explain her attitude when being arrested and booked.

Well, according to the testimony yesterday at PLW's hearing to raise her bond/increase her charges, he was going to kill her before he would ever have her go to jail. Not the most protective sounding guy ...

Maybe he took a taxi home and she was just coming outside to help unload? Wonder if Hugh ever travels out of the country?

Yes, he does work out of the country sometimes. At least he did. I saw it on a court document that an ex-wife was authorized to speak for him, because he was outside of the country for work.

I did a quick search and can not find it now. Is it important???

2 weeks on, 2 weeks off is a typical schedule for boat crews supporting the offshore oilfield. However, they don't run much, if any out of the Pensacola area. He was probably coming in from out of town.Depending on what he does, and where the job is, some companies fly their personnel. Could have been coming from the airport.

On second thought, hasn't HW been in town the past few weeks?

They used to fly them in and out of New Orleans by helicopter. The crews actually lived/worked on the permanent oil rigs, not boats. There were some tough characters. All or any of that may have changed.

Yes, he does work out of the country sometimes. At least he did. I saw it on a court document that an ex-wife was authorized to speak for him, because he was outside of the country for work.

I did a quick search and can not find it now. Is it important???

I'm not sure yet ...(so don't go to any trouble looking for it.) I know that a lot of what is said by many of these characters could be bragging and bravado to make them feel important. But if Hugh was overheard bragging that he could get weapons for LPG Jr. And he had a friend that was willing to "hold" a stash of weapons for him ... I was just wondering if maybe he was also a world traveler like Tice and Gonzalez and that perhaps he just told people that he was an offshore worker or worked on a boat.
Or maybe he did work on a boat ...
Boats can be used to bring in a lot of contraband, but it is all just speculation at this point.

I do think there is a good reason that he didn't want Pam going to jail. Not necessarily to protect his "good name"...

They used to fly them in and out of New Orleans by helicopter. The crews actually lived/worked on the permanent oil rigs, not boats. There were some tough characters. All or any of that may have changed.

They still use helicopters for offshore transportation but the majority of helicopter flights originate closer to the coast. It's not economically feasible to provide transportation offshore from New Orleans. Also, you have many days of the year when you can't fly due to rain, fog and wind.

The boat crews live on the boats. It's actually a huge industry. All of the equipment and the majority of the personnel are transported by boats to the platforms. I've worked offshore about 20 years on boats and oil rigs. Actually, I'm offshore right now. Not in the oilfield industry anymore though.

If you read through all the documents released, you'll see where it states Hugh Wiggins had a Coast Guard ID.

They still use helicopters for offshore transportation but the majority of helicopter flights originate closer to the coast. It's not economically feasible to provide transportation offshore from New Orleans. Also, you have many days of the year when you can't fly due to rain, fog and wind.

The boat crews live on the boats. It's actually a huge industry. All of the equipment and the majority of the personnel are transported by boats to the platforms. I've worked offshore about 20 years on boats and oil rigs. Actually, I'm offshore right now. Not in the oilfield industry anymore though.

Thanks for the update based on your personal experience. I'm still a bit confused about the workers living on boats since that is contrary to what I've been told. Maybe there are different types of rigs.

I looked at Wikipedia.com and found this: "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offshore platform Gulf of MexicoAn offshore platform, often referred to as an oil platform or an oil rig, is a large structure used to house workers and machinery needed to drill wells in the ocean bed, extract oil and/or natural gas, process the produced fluids, and ship or pipe them to shore. Depending on the circumstances, the platform may be fixed to the ocean floor, may consist of an artificial island, or may float."

Many, many years ago my hubby worked offshore on oil rigs. He lived on the rig...2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Out of Lafayette, La.

If you read through all the documents released, you'll see where it states Hugh Wiggins had a Coast Guard ID.

You pretty much have to have one these days to be in Marine Transportation. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between since 9/11.

Thanks for the update based on your personal experience. I'm still a bit confused about the workers living on boats since that is contrary to what I've been told. Maybe there are different types of rigs.

I looked at Wikipedia.com and found this: "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offshore platform Gulf of MexicoAn offshore platform, often referred to as an oil platform or an oil rig, is a large structure used to house workers and machinery needed to drill wells in the ocean bed, extract oil and/or natural gas, process the produced fluids, and ship or pipe them to shore. Depending on the circumstances, the platform may be fixed to the ocean floor, may consist of an artificial island, or may float."

The guys that work on the platform live on the platform and the guys that work on their support vessels live on the vessel.

Check this out spyglas.

http://www.chouest.com/

The pic on the page basically shows each class of vessel serving offshore. They're actually really nice. Your own room. Washer, Dryer. Satellite TV and internet. State of the art Navigational and positioning equipment. Nice sized galley and a lot even employee a cook for the crew. We actually have a chef where I'm at now. Full weight room. Need that because of the chef.
:crazy:

Here's today's updates on her case from the Escambia Clerk.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=2157685

08/18/2009 Bond Information Captured

Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: AB09048559
Initial Charge #: 1
Initial Action Code: PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES-ACCESSORY AFT THE FACT 3RD DEG
Prosecutor Count #: 1
Prosecutor Action Code: PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES-ACCESSORY AFT THE FACT 3RD DEG 0001
Bonding Co.: ASAP BAIL BONDS
Bond Amount: $10000
The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified:
Old Bond Status: Posted
New Bond Status: Off Bond (Defendant placed back in custody)
Old Status Date: 07/16/2009
New Status Date: 08/170002/2009

08/18/2009 STATEMENT OF SURRENDER FORM FILED
08/18/2009 BOND CANCELLATION SENT TO SURETY

FELONY Cert of Cancellation of Bond w/barcd
Sent on: 08/18/2009 13:54:48

Does this mean her first bond was revoked/cancelled with the bond company?

The guys that work on the platform live on the platform and the guys that work on their support vessels live on the vessel.

Check this out spyglas.

http://www.chouest.com/

The pic on the page basically shows each class of vessel serving offshore. They're actually really nice. Your own room. Washer, Dryer. Satellite TV and internet. State of the art Navigational and positioning equipment. Nice sized galley and a lot even employee a cook for the crew. We actually have a chef where I'm at now. Full weight room. Need that because of the chef.
:crazy:

Okay, I think I see where we were missing each other. You're talking about the boats that transport to/from and service the rig and I'm talking about the rig workers. Hugh could be either. Do the boat crews also work 2 weeks / 2 weeks off?

After this, I promise no more oil rig posts!

After reading most of these documents, it seems very possible that PLW was on drugs. That could explain her attitude when being arrested and booked.

Not sure what documents you were referring to, but reading here, it seems to be a good possibility:
http://weartv.com/newsroom/documents/Transcript_Long.pdf
page 5
Pam Long speaking: "I'm on Prozac amd Wellbutrin and he changed my medication about three(3) weeks ago and I've just ...that's one reason I haven't been at work much cause I have trouble remembering things ..."

This link is to a 16 page transcript of a recorded statement of Pam Long to ECSO beginning July 12, 2009.

I need to go back through the PNJ info and find where one of the folks being interviewed said that they thought that she was acting strange and high and that possible HW was giving her drugs, I will do my best to find it again and add a link. It just hit me.
Thanks for your link.

It's becoming very difficult to cross reference. I'm going to print the PDFs and index everything today.

Found at least one...
From the interview with her friend the painter, page 3 line 3 of the link below, when she went to her house and was ushered upstairs:
I don't know what was going on but it seemed to me that Pam was high on something. She was definitely not herself..
http://pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP140684817.PDF

Not sure what documents you were referring to, but reading here, it seems to be a good possibility:
page 5
Pam Long speaking: "I'm on Prozac amd Wellbutrin and he changed my medication about three(3) weeks ago and I've just ...that's one reason I haven't been at work much cause I have trouble remembering things ..."

This link is to a 16 page transcript of a recorded statement of Pam Long to ECSO beginning July 12, 2009.

I have taken both Wellbutrin and Prozac and NEVER had any memory problems. I think her drugs might not be the legal prescription kind....JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back