Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The jail was given $500,000 and they returned it when they got KC.

The $50,000 wasn't give to the jail. So they don't have it to return. The $50,000 is the 10% fee for the $500,000 bond. It was paid to a bondman (TP). The bondsman KEEPS the 10% fee. That is his payment. From that fee, he pays his business expeneses, etc. Pays his bills, etc. It is his paycheck.

LP doesn't get his money back. It is no longer his. It belongs to the bondsman who paid the $500,000. In this case, that bondsman is TP.

So LP paid his Nephew 50 grand. :waitasec: Why is TP upset? Does he wish to testify or not? What does he care what the others do or don't do?

Are you sure the money is not tied up until the trial that relates to that bond is held?

The $50,000 was like an insurance premium paid to Tony P for Tony P to put up the $500,000 bond. The $50,000 never went to the court. Tony P is not required to pay it back to anyone.

The $500,000 bond is not cash, but more like Tony P's promise to pay the court $500,000 if KC didn't show up for trial. Now that KC is back in jail, that promise is moot. There is no chance of her not showing up. So Tony P is no longer at risk, and if the right paperwork was done his bond should have been released.

okay. That's what I thought a long time ago.

Why does JB have anything to say about what the Padillas did? (If it were a rich family they could have bonded their own daughter out). The Padillas just got in JB's way? JB would have preferred that KC sit in jail? (Yes because of all the complications that have now ensued).

How come the P's would have signed anything in the first place? They had a right to protect their gamble. I don't see the connection to the defense then.

What gives? And why did LP want to give TP 50 grand? Nice Uncle. TP should not say bad things about him imo.

I'm still not clear as to why the jail/court does not get any money. What's in it for the jail to let a perp out?

Oh, they just care that he/she doesn't run away. This way they don't have to feed um, clean um and whatever else they have to do with um.

I get it.

I'm still not clear as to why the jail/court does not get any money. What's in it for the jail to let a perp out?

Oh, they just care that he/she doesn't run away. This way they don't have to feed um, clean um and whatever else they have to do with um.

I get it.

Bail is provided because you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. Unless you are a flight risk or are accused of committing a capital crime you are entitled to bail. The jail does not profit. As was mentioned in prior posts, the court wants to make sure you show up at trial.

So LP paid his Nephew 50 grand. :waitasec: Why is TP upset? Does he wish to testify or not? What does he care what the others do or don't do?

Are you sure the money is not tied up until the trial that relates to that bond is held?

Leonard paid when the charges were child endangerment and lying to the fuzz. She was arrested the second time for check charges, and that's when Lenny withdrew his support.

Because of the murder charges, Casey cannot be bonded out, period. Why should the jail keep the bond?

Tony is now upset because Jose is in the process of ruining his reputation. If his reputation is shot, nobody will use him as a bondsman = end of livelihood.

:cow:

TP is like a bank. When a person needs to be bonded out of jail, but don't have enough money for the bail, they take out a loan from a Bail Bondsman. The fee for such a loan is pretty standard of 10% of the bond amount. This fee is paid upfront.

KC didn't have the money for the fee. LP paid the fee for KC. That is the $50,000 fee for a $500,00 loan for the bond to let KC out of jail. The bank always keeps the fee, and so do bondsman. That is how they make their money.

That is why LP will not be getting his money back.

So if anything was logical, which it is not, KC should love LP not TP. Of course, LP asked her some hard questions and, as far as I can tell, TP did not. KC is used to taking stuff for free; she should not have to answer to anyone or return any favors. Do I finally get it?

My brain is like mushy pizza and my head just went nuts. :crazy:

He has to confirm he the agreement was with EVERYBODY, IIRC.

He can't just claim that he had an agreement with Tracy. TP is Tracy's boss.

LP is incidental. It's TP and co who are the targets.

Isn't the opposite what TP is claiming? TP says he is independent from LP. That LP employed Rob and Tracy.

TP put up the insurance and was paid by LP for doing so :waitasec: and that's about it.

LP was ? not sure - protecting TP's bounty because he had already paid him 50 grand :waitasec: I want TP's job!!!!

So if anything was logical, which it is not, KC should love LP not TP. Of course, LP asked her some hard questions and, as far as I can tell, TP did not. KC is used to taking stuff for free; she should not have to answer to anyone or return any favors. Do I finally get it?

You got it! :blowkiss:

One would think she would be kissing LP butt, since he gave her $50,000. (which is the way I look at it)

I wish someone would give me $50,000! :rolleyes: I would be lucky if I was given $5 :eek:
:crazy:

After getting the $50,000, the Nephew gives the jail $500,000 to release KC . The Nephew gets the $500,000 back when KC is returned to jail/court. If KC runs, then the Bondsman/Nephew would loose the $500,000 until she is caught and returned to jail. Bounty hunters make their living by catching them and returning them to jail. They are paid by the Bondsman , because they NEED the person returned to the jail, to get their money. In this case, $500,000.

The Jail doesn't make money on the deal. The money is just to make sure the person returns for their court date.

Are you 100 percent sure the money is released before a trial takes place even if the perp sits in jail? What I mean is, she could still flee and is in jail on new charges.

There seem to be several questions asked about LP & TP involvement here that have already been answered or at least addressed by TP previously. The only reason that I know they were addressed is that since TP's appearance here the other day, I have reread all of his posts from the beginning so they are a little fresher in my mind than they may be for some others.

For example, TP did say that someone contacted LP about getting involved in this. He wouldn't say who it was but did say that person was well known and I believe he said well respected by the media and a "household name" - by the way someone asked him if it was Geraldo and he said that LP & GR knew each other but it was not GR who contacted LP about this.

Also, TP addressed LP's $50,000 and that he would not get it back and in one post gave an example breakdown of the costs involved when a bail bonds man posts bail for someone. I'm sure a bonds man does get to keep part of the 10% or so that he charges but they do have costs they have to pay for each bond posted but they do not get to keep the whole 10%.

I'm sorry that I do not have specific links to post but I was reading a lot over the weekend only to become familiar with how TP had responded to questions from the beginning. I found several things very interesting especially in the posts from Aug 2008 just prior to KC getting out and during the time she went back to jail and shortly thereafter. TP has posted in only 8 threads as far as I can tell and has between 500 and 600 posts IIRC. I don't know how many of you have the time to go back and read them like I did but if you can find the time, just do an advanced search by user name and choose whether you want to see them by posts or threads.

A couple of the things I found interesting from last August was that he was asked back then if he worked for JB and said no a year ago. Also he was asked if he/they were hired to do security for KC or the A's and said that the only security they provided was that they were there to secure KC in the sense of assuring that she would be showing up for court - that was part of their conditions of getting her out - that Tracy be allowed to be in the home to assure this and that someone (I think the name was Ron but not positive) was to provide security for Tracy because they had all been receiving threats as well. Another thing I found interesting is that TP was posting here around the time that he signed the document that he admits he neglected to get a copy of and he was talking back then about how crazy their days were and how he had been sweating out the threats of being arrested that day so it isn't like he just thought of that as his reason for neglecting to get that copy now that JB is saying he signed the same one as LP.

As I said, I found the posts very intersting and recommend that anyone who has the time go back and reread them. I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next time TP can join us on WS for Q&A but until then his previous posts may answer some questions for you as it did for me.

I wish you would have/could have listed the posts that these answers appear in. I remember some of the points differently. I can't go over it now because peeps are hungry and I'm fried. If you know off hand where you got these answers, it would be much easier. Thanks. :bang:

I think the 50 grand is returned to LP after the case is tried. What case did he post bail for KC? Was it the check/forgery charges or the murder charges? She is in jail for two different crimes. Until the specific one is tried that the Padillas bonded for, they can't get the money freed. They'd be p.o.'d that Baez won't let the check charges be tried.

Neither check/forgery charges or murder.
She was 1st arrested on Child Neglect and those charges. This is when LP/TP got her out on bail.
Then arrested 2nd time on Check/forgery charges....new bail bondsmen. Then October 2008 -- MURDER arrest.

Maybe KC was nice to TP because he was much younger and very attractive. No offense LP. But KC is known for turning on the charm to males who she feels are attractive no matter who she might be with at the time, sort of one on the back burner. LP was too over the hill and too much like her Dad, asking too many questions about her PERSONAL life.

Are you 100 percent sure the money is released before a trial takes place even if the perp sits in jail?

Yep!

You might be thinking of when you put up your own bond. Say the bond was $1,000. Instead of going to a bondsman and paying him 10% ($100), you pay the whole $1,000 and get out of jail until the trial.

When you show up and during the trial, etc.. It is decided you will pay $250. The Clerk of Courts will take it out of that bond you paid. And will send you a check for the difference. Which would be $750.

Is that what your thinking of?

Are you 100 percent sure the money is released before a trial takes place even if the perp sits in jail?

I don't think it matters about that bond that TP put up, as she was released from that bond when she was arrested the 2nd time. Back in jail = no more bail!!

She was on the hook to the next set of 3 bails bond companies when she was sprung the 2nd time. TP was out of the picture at that time!!

You got it! :blowkiss:

One would think she would be kissing LP butt, since he gave her $50,000. (which is the way I look at it)

I wish someone would give me $50,000! :rolleyes: I would be lucky if I was given $5 :eek:
:crazy:

She should be, but LP doubted her by asking her the tough questions ... so she alienated him.

Might explain a little of the dynamics between Casey and her parents. Like in the jail interviews where they focus the topic on Casey and not Caylee. When they mention Caylee's name, she got angry and defensive. When they talked only about Casey, she was happy. Pretty sick!

I get it.

Oh Man!!! I do not mean to offend here but you have thoroughly confused me now. The jail does not get anything out of letting someone out of jail ..It is one of all OUR constitutional rights as an American citizen. We are entitled to the assumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of our peers.

It is just business for LP and TP (and all other BB and BH). This is the way they make their living. LP truly believed Caylee had been kidnapped and he wanted to help. He had the funds available but was not a BB therefore he gave/offered that business opportunity to his nephew TP. In my logic if there is a possibilty that the perp may run then if I am going to loose my money at least I am loosing it to someone (in this case TP) that LP knew, loved and respected. The only thing LP would get out of it would be a little girl back in the arms of her family which would be a feel good reward and the publicty it would bring to him and his business.

All JMO
sweets

Isn't the opposite what TP is claiming? TP says he is independent from LP. That LP employed Rob and Tracy.

TP put up the insurance and was paid by LP for doing so :waitasec: and that's about it.

LP was ? not sure - protecting TP's bounty because he had already paid him 50 grand :waitasec: I want TP's job!!!!

Is this what LP might have been thinking?.....OK, hey, I'd love to see "us" get the reward for finding little Caylee, because I believe her mother Casey (I've got compassion & can't believe a mother could actually harm her own child), really knows where she is. If I bail her out, she will be so grateful she will tell me where Caylee really is, so an investment of 50K for a reward of (what was the reward amount at that time?), would be a good business decision ......don't you think so?

And IF by chance LP couldn't get the reward money, I'll bet he thought he could get some money from Casey (her defense attorney), or the Anthony family for providing "security services" now that she has been so villified in the media (hush hush) to recoup to LP the 50K he already paid to his nephew Tony, sounds reasonable to me, what do you think?

OH, but what if Baez tried to thwart LP getting info from Casey, OR getting paid for security services, and LP felt double crossed and had to find any venue available to recoup the 50k he'd already paid to his nephew Tony to bond out Casey. Could this BE?

In the event Baez tried to gag LP in the media, I imagine LP would've had no choice but to ask TP for a partial refund or write it off as a bad debt, because he had to pay Tracy and Rob "for sure", and doing this would piss TP & LP totally off, and I'm guessing ONE double cross is about all a cowboy would take. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME. Am I understanding this?

Is that how this all played out? LP was double crossed by Baez? And TP was just the friggin bondsman, with no affiliation concerning Casey's safety AT ALL, because TP had already made his money, 50K from LP.

Interesting posts to this point!! Okay I have about 25 minutes to answer any questions.

TP was not hard on her, like LP was. TP was a bit more sympathetic.

TP is also younger and better looking than LP.

And, TP bonded her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member