CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw Mr. Rogers in your post, the irony just hit me- this Mr. Rogers sure wasn't looking out for the children!

"Who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, OH, who are the people in your neighborhood, the people that you meet each day!"

I believe that it has been stated that PG ran his printing business out of his garage/home. So that means Jaycee wouldn't have had to leave the house of horrors to work.

In my opinion, the fact that the business was tied to the home is all the more reason why the parole officer had a chance to run into Jaycee. I'm curious why the parole officer did not drop in during the printing business hrs. to at least report back on what his client was doing for a living. For all he knew, the printing business could have consisted of Garrido printing child *advertiser censored* pictures. I'm not saying it did, it sounds like they had legitimate business customers. But, my point is that there was more than way that they could have discovered Jaycee earlier without even going into the backyard, especially if he dropped by unannounced as they are supposed to do.

Authorities searching Garrido's Antioch house Saturday expanded the crime scene to include the neighboring home of Damon Robinson, according to the Associated Press. Robinson told The Times on Friday that Garrido had taken care of the house before he moved in three years ago, and that Robinson found "all the locks on my home were backward. You could lock people in" but not out.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,105534.story

Wow! So, maybe actually Damon Robinson himself got the ball rolling with the investigation into this property. It sounds like he had some things that initially raised red flags for him and he finally had someone's attention to investigate it after all this. Also, wasn't it his girlfriend who made the 911 about the suspicious backyard? Adding them to my list of people who (I think) should get a portion of the reward. lol

Contra Costa County merchants struggled Monday to digest news that Phillip Garrido, the man who has printed their business cards for years, was a rapist and kidnapper who is suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting Jaycee Dugard.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20653454/detail.html

you don't need the link. Just go to google maps and type in Walnut ave, Antioch CA. Click satellite images or aerial photos. You can see the house from space practically because of all the blue tarps in the yard. Zoom down really far or click Street view. Yes, the van follows the google truck all the way down the street and around the corner and you can see it very close where he must have stopped at a light. I could not see the driver's face. The van looks extremely sketchy though. That must have been the one he was cooking meth in that blew up!

I posted screen caps of the van in the photos thread here:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4102487&postcount=26"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Photos & Other Images ***NO DISCUSSION***[/ame]

It took me a couple of mins to get the map positioned right. But, I got it...that is so creepy!!

you don't need the link. Just go to google maps and type in Walnut ave, Antioch CA. Click satellite images or aerial photos. You can see the house from space practically because of all the blue tarps in the yard. Zoom down really far or click Street view. Yes, the van follows the google truck all the way down the street and around the corner and you can see it very close where he must have stopped at a light. I could not see the driver's face. The van looks extremely sketchy though. That must have been the one he was cooking meth in that blew up!

Wow! So, maybe actually Damon Robinson himself got the ball rolling with the investigation into this property. It sounds like he had some things that initially raised red flags for him and he finally had someone's attention to investigate it after all this. Also, wasn't it his girlfriend who made the 911 about the suspicious backyard? Adding them to my list of people who (I think) should get a portion of the reward. lol

That link isn't working for me. I've read nothing that indicates he has done anything other than his girlfriend calling once but nothing happened after her call. Police had no reason to search etc...

Maz

Please correct me if I am wrong...

:cow:

ETA; If any reward should go to anyone it should be to UC Berkely officers who initiated the entire process. JMO

Thanks Nobody! I quickly posted before I flew out the door and came back to find I had made an "oops!" :eek: Thanks for covering for me!!

I hadn't read this before today and found it interesting. It brings up more questions than answers, but they are interesting questions.

Forensic Psych: Does Phillip Garrido Really Believe His Kids Cured Him of Pedophilia?
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/28/crimesider/entry5271608.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Contributed by Mathew W. Norman, an Atlanta-based forensic psychiatrist.

In a CBS' The Early Show interview, Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, said his little girl, now a woman, felt guilty.

....It would be hard to know if Dugard’s reported feelings of guilt are related to feeling sorry for her biological parents who lost her or her "adoptive" parents who are now under arrest "because of her."....

[bolded by me - and snipped]

OMG - What in the hell is wrong with this so-called forensic psychiatrist!!!!????''

Garrido's KIDS cured him of pedophilia????
ADOPTIVE PARENTS now under arrest - - - BECAUSE OF HER?????

A pedophile who abducts a child for sexual purposes - impregnates her so he can continue to have never ending access to children (his children) now is considered to be an "adoptive parent" and cured of "pedophilia" ?????

This is deranged thinking by a deranged psychiatrist!!! mho Does he really consider this as a treatment modality that may work for pedophiles? He should be arrested for such pathetic and deranged thinking. mho

HOW DARE HIM!!!!!

In a CBS' The Early Show interview, Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, said his little girl, now a woman, felt guilty.

It would be hard to know if Dugard’s reported feelings of guilt are related to feeling sorry for her biological parents who lost her or her "adoptive" parents who are now under arrest "because of her."

OMG - What in the hell is wrong with this so-called forensic psychiatrist!!!!????''

A pedophile who abducts a child for sexual purposes - impregnates her so he can continue to have never ending access to children (his children) now is considered to be an "adoptive parent" and cured of "pedophilia" ?????

This is deranged thinking by a deranged psychiatrist!!! mho Does he really consider this as a treatment modality that may work for pedophiles? He should be arrested for such pathetic and deranged thinking. mho

HOW DARE HIM!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder who's crazier, the perps or the psychiatrists.

I'm afraid Garrido is going to play the psychiatrists like a violin. They, and he, probably can't wait to get together. They don't realize they're dealing with pure evil here, because most of them are highly secular and don't believe in the existence of something like the devil or real spiritual evil.

An exorcist could probably do a better job here.

-snip-
It would be hard to know if Dugard’s reported feelings of guilt are related to feeling sorry for her biological parents who lost her or her "adoptive" parents who are now under arrest "because of her."
-/snip-

ADOPTIVE PARENTS now under arrest?????

He uses 'adoptive' in quotes, probably for lack of a better term (making him sound like a complete moron). We don't know what the Garrido's told Jaycee regarding her own parents. Not long after Jaycee was abducted, she had told a neighboring boy that she was living with the Garridos now. I'd love to know what they had told her to make her not be suspicious enough to tell someone that early on.

In the Steven Stayner case, Parnell had told him that his parents could no longer take care of him and that they had given the boy to him.

HOW DARE HIM!!!!!

One of the early quotes that Jaycee allegedly made was that she felt guilty. And at the time there wasn't any context for the comment, whether she felt guilty about PG or whether she felt guilt for not trying to make some connection with her mother. Later it was said that she felt guilty for bonding with her kidnapper.

The shrink was just trying to show how Jaycee could have felt guilt. Not logical, no probably not. But feelings often aren't logical. But Jaycee had bonded with the G's. She had what you might say accepted her lot in life. She had made a relationship of some type with PG and saw it as a type of marriage. We see it as something she had to do to stay alive. Some call it Stockholm's syndrome. But there would be a lot of complex feelings there I am sure. And a very long road to get where she had gone.

The shrink admits he hasn't talked with her. But he is trying to put it in some context of the emotions that she might be feeling now. And contrary to popular opinion, the emotions she feels probably won't be just relief and reveling in her new found freedom. There will also be some sadness, some fear, some guilt, some pain.

Vask,

I just took a good look at your "hat"...I love CSI, sorry don't watch NCIS but also thought the fact that you love octopi was cute. Are you in the PNW? just curious...they have huge octupi there! :crazy:

Maz

One of the early quotes that Jaycee allegedly made was that she felt guilty. And at the time there wasn't any context for the comment, whether she felt guilty about PG or whether she felt guilt for not trying to make some connection with her mother. Later it was said that she felt guilty for bonding with her kidnapper.

The shrink was just trying to show how Jaycee could have felt guilt. Not logical, no probably not. But feelings often aren't logical. But Jaycee had bonded with the G's. She had what you might say accepted her lot in life. She had made a relationship of some type with PG and saw it as a type of marriage. We see it as something she had to do to stay alive. Some call it Stockholm's syndrome. But there would be a lot of complex feelings there I am sure. And a very long road to get where she had gone.

The shrink admits he hasn't talked with her. But he is trying to put it in some context of the emotions that she might be feeling now.

I agree! Bonding with her pedophile abductor is normal over time...children and adults initially bond out of fear and panic to save their life...later it becomes a bond made of dependence, and later it's bonding out of love and caring. mho I completely understand that!! However, a psychiatrist trying to imply that such a relationship cures pedophilia is crazy...does he think familial rape and molestation are okay? And if he considers this familiar rape - is that why is uses the word 'adoptive parents'? This is sick - he's not treating this girl, so why not call things what they really are? :furious: moo

Vask,

I just took a good look at your "hat"...I love CSI, sorry don't watch NCIS but also thought the fact that you love octopi was cute. Are you in the PNW? just curious...they have huge octupi there! :crazy:

Maz

My quote used to say CSI but I stopped actively watching it after Warrick's death and Grissom/Sara both left. The show just doesn't feel the same with "Morpheus". I also love Cold Case. xD

I'm in and out of the PNW, but atm I'm out of it. My avatar is actually in regards to Weebls Stuff (strange online comics) if I remember right (I haven't been there in a long time).

I agree! Bonding with her pedophile abductor is normal over time...children and adults initially bond out of fear and panic to save their life...later it becomes a bond made of dependence, and later it's bonding out of love and caring. mho I completely understand that!! However, a psychiatrist trying to imply that such a relationship cures pedophilia is crazy...does he think familial rape and molestation are okay? And if he considers this familiar rape - is that why is uses the word 'adoptive parents'? This is sick - he's not treating this girl, so why not call things what they really are? :furious: moo

He isn't saying that such a relationship cured PG. He is saying that PG believes that it did. And psychiatrically it is possible. Think J Duncan. He murders a mother, her husband and oldest child in order to kidnap her younger children. He kills one of those children, then returns the other child, injured but alive. He attributes all that to "his angel" Shasta. He even took steps to prevent her from having to testify against him. Somehow, someway she also made JD see her as a person and not as just an object available to satisfy him.

He isn't saying that such a relationship cured PG. He is saying that PG believes that it did. And psychiatrically it is possible. Think J Duncan. He murders a mother, her husband and oldest child in order to kidnap her younger children. He kills one of those children, then returns the other child, injured but alive. He attributes all that to "his angel" Shasta. He even took steps to prevent her from having to testify against him. Somehow, someway she also made JD see her as a person and not as just an object available to satisfy him.

Seems to me that objects lose their value - look at the pedophiles who murder their victims. They throw them any old place once dead. Could it be that Jaycee was an object until she could be replaced with a newer, younger object such as one of her children?

Are you saying that JD psychiatrically believed he was cured because he murdered - a mom, dad, oldest child, a younger child and returned one injured but alive? Tell me again - what exactly was he cured of? TIA

I have said before that I think the award for Jaycee's return should go to the UC Berkeley officers and also her stepfather. I'm talking about a reward for anything that turns up on Robinson's current property regarding any other murders connected to Garrido while he had control of the property. But I do think Robinson and his girlfriend should be commended. They seemed to be the only neighbors who had concerns and actually tried to do something about it.

I'm not sure what you mean about a link not working. I didn't post a link.

That link isn't working for me. I've read nothing that indicates he has done anything other than his girlfriend calling once but nothing happened after her call. Police had no reason to search etc...

Maz

Please correct me if I am wrong...

:cow:

ETA; If any reward should go to anyone it should be to UC Berkely officers who initiated the entire process. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ