Nancy Grace 9/16/09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A boutonnière?

You mean the button he had on with his missing daughter's picture on it? :rolleyes:

ETA - A picture. This screenshot was taken off the youtube video that Patty was kind enough to put up for us. (Thanks Patty)

Ronbutton.jpg

It is clearly a button with HaLeigh's picture.

My mistake and I'll admit it. I did not have my contact lens on and could not get a clear view of the "button". Ok, its a button......he still looks like a mortician...........

I didn't have him down as the suit and tie kind of person, judging by his usual style in all the photos and newsclips we've seen, and seeing how he was dressed in his own wedding and all, so the suit seems to me like he's overdoing it a bit. You know, "Yes, Miss Nancy, there's a relative in jail but we dress up in a tie and disassociate ourselves of them, we don't ask questions about him, and apparently we don't think about him at all, although he's got a hefty bond and the word on the street is he might know something about our daughter going missing..." I don't know what to think? Why does he go on television to say he's got nothing to say?

If it was my daughter, I would be all over the phone trying to talk to all Tommy's relatives and get information out of them. Misty took a RO against Tommy but there's nothing to keep Ron and Misty from talking to the other Croslins or Tommy's friends.

Ronald saying that he doesn't think it's necessary to try and have Misty hypnotized once more so she might help get to the bottom of this again doesn't really jive with the idea that he arranged it all to get information from her. She didn't go under hypnosis and he didn't get any information out of that session, so why is it not necessary to try again now?

Well, I will guess and say that Ron has now realized that Misty couldn't lie and fool the poly and va and the hypnosis test as he thought. Now, it is not such a good idea to do any further testing. He thought that since she lied so well during the assault/burglary event and the headless rat in the mailbox event, that she was good to go for the tests and could pass them "with flying colors". Well, he was wrong! Instead of "passing with flying colors" Misty incriminated the two of them and tarnished their otherwise spotless reputations. I can't see either of them volunterring for any more tests. :croc:

I bet if someone took your child in the middle of the night from your home, you WOULD be angry.

I know I would be. And the words that came out of his mouth during the 911 call would be nothing compared to what would potentially come out of mine during the call I would have to make. Don't mess with a Mama Bear. And don't mess with Daddy's Little Girl.

Issue with the 911 call...he was not asking for help for HaLeigh...it was all about himself. Then threatening to blow out the back of a police car....not about HaLeigh about RC and his anger. Hanging up on the 911 operator because he had "better people to call" about his own impatience, short temper and irritation, not about getting help for HaLeigh. If RC's anger is all about HaLeigh....then why does he have two arrests for assault? His anger and violence is a personal choice, that I take issue with. I am a Mama Bear...you can bet I would be all up in LE's space and if they had questions for me or anyone in my family, even if they wanted them hypnotised....this Mama Bear would ensue thatit happened.

For those that watched NG tonight, I would like to know your opinion of Ron's behaviour. My feelings were that he was either

stoned
or
had been crying

What do ya'all think?

His attorney probably recommended that Ron stick his fingers in his eyes just prior to going on air. :dance:

Actually I don't have a problem with RC's one Poly as much as I do have a problem with the fact that the original investigators failed to poly almost all of those that were in Haleigh's life for the 30 days before even ONE time... especially the members of the Croslin family that were in that house that night and were among the last to see her after the AC guy and GGS. They should have polyed anyone (not excluding anyone at all) with DNA in that house... since no stranger DNA was found... it would have been logical to me and I don't understand why it wasn't done.[/QUOTE]

MCK16 Posted
Where and when was it stated that no stranger DNA was found? I didn't know that. TIA
Sorry should have been more clear. LOL Statements made like these (it was no stranger abduction by PSCO etc.) lead me to believe there was no stranger DNA in the house but I don't know that for sure and definitely misspoke. I should have said "since they have minimized through evidence and investigation that it is a stranger abduction, they should have polyed everyone that was in contact with Haleigh for 30 days and most importantly, that night, such as the Croslin family"

At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger.
http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a

As none of the forensic evidence has pointed to a suspected or alleged kidnapper, ...

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tamp...ty-Croslin-hypnosis-and-voice-analysis-videos

Sheriff: Haleigh Not Taken By Stranger
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement processed the crime scene and did analysis on DNA and fingerprint evidence, none of which has identified a suspect.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/20436810/detail.html

Issue with the 911 call...he was not asking for help for HaLeigh...it was all about himself. Then threatening to blow out the back of a police car....not about HaLeigh about RC and his anger. Hanging up on the 911 operator because he had "better people to call" about his own impatience, short temper and irritation, not about getting help for HaLeigh. If RC's anger is all about HaLeigh....then why does he have two arrests for assault? His anger and violence is a personal choice, that I take issue with. I am a Mama Bear...you can bet I would be all up in LE's space and if they had questions for me or anyone in my family, even if they wanted them hypnotised....this Mama Bear would ensue thatit happened.

I can't find those. When did they occur? tia

I'd also venture a guess that YOU - and anyone else - can NOT say how you would act until put into that situation. You may THINK you would know exactly how you would act, but I suspect that is one of those situations that you do not know how you'd act until it happens to you. That's exactly how people who have been in that situation have described. I hope that no one here ever has to go through it. I cannot think of anything worse than losing a child.

As for Ron's arrests for assault, do you know anything about the details surrounding those arrests? Do you know who was present when he was arrested? Those types of details. I do not condone violence, but sometimes understanding the situation gives one a better understanding of the situation. Again - to be clear - I do not condone violence - but I do like to understand the details behind a person's arrests and not simply see a charge on paper.

Sorry should have been more clear. LOL Statements made like these (it was no stranger abduction by PSCO etc.) lead me to believe there was no stranger DNA in the house but I don't know that for sure and definitely misspoke. I should have said "since they have minimized through evidence and investigation that it is a stranger abduction, they should have polyed everyone that was in contact with Haleigh for 30 days and most importantly, that night, such as the Croslin family"

At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger.
http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a

As none of the forensic evidence has pointed to a suspected or alleged kidnapper, ...

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tamp...ty-Croslin-hypnosis-and-voice-analysis-videos

Sheriff: Haleigh Not Taken By Stranger
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement processed the crime scene and did analysis on DNA and fingerprint evidence, none of which has identified a suspect.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/20436810/detail.html

Did they polygraph the AC man or all the SO's that live around there? Or any of the neighbors? I think that would be a good idea. You never know what is going on right next door. And what about the family that was there and then went back to their other home. Were they questioned? tia

Did they polygraph the AC man or all the SO's that live around there? Or any of the neighbors? I think that would be a good idea. You never know what is going on right next door. And what about the family that was there and then went back to their other home. Were they questioned? tia

I don't know sorry. I guess I assume probably not since I don't think they bothered to poly Tommy Croslin originally per his father's statement as he was being led away to jail.

Why? He's taken a LE poly. They've moved him to the bottom of the list... They called Misty back for additional Poly(s) but not Ron IRRC. So I would assume that could be a reason NG didn't ask a question that I would think has a logical, simple answer IMO anyway.

The bottom of the list comment is from RC's lawyer, not LE. I will wait for confirmation from LE.

I guess my feeling on the "why" can be explained in a couple different ways. Ron doesn't owe interviewers on TV anything, and that could just be part of his personality, to keep things close to the vest, being annoyed by redundant questions that he was no answers to, or having been told by LE or attorneys not to say certain things, or saying things in the heat of the moment (like the first week) that he thought were true or was told and is just repeating but not clarifying it's hearsay that, etc. etc. I can see how on the surface some could view this with distrust. I tend not to until I get some indication that he was directly involved or is covering for Misty or himself.

Regarding what you said about Tim Miller saying in private he contradicts himself actually makes me believe in him a bit more. Everything that's come out from Cobra (keep your enemies close) to Tim Miller that he has supposedly said in "private", indicate he has a deep distrust of Misty. That's the contradiction. He appears like he believes her in public but doesn't really know what to believe... not that he doesn't give a crap about happened to his daughter or that he "did" something... nothing negative like that... just he doesn't know what to think about Misty. Most recently the stuff Tim said about the rat being a test to see how well Misty lies to police so RC can see if she lies easily to them makes me really think he doesn't know about her. If true anyway. Therefore, Ratgate doesn't make me think he's guilty of anything except trying to keep Misty close and get to the truth, even if it is by some convoluted way.

Hope this makes sense. I think I need coffee.
Bold by me...

We all have different thresholds of how far we are willing to go to explain someone's behavior as trustworthy.

For me, Ron's actions and words belie his "keeping my enemies closer" excuse. Marrying Misty; assisting, if not coaching, her with her answers in interviews; making excuses that take heat off her; and resisting open discussion with LE himself only enable her to continue holding back. (The results we have seen only support that conclusion, IMHO.)

This indicates to me that the reason he has equivocated is because he has been covering for her. His reasons are beyond me to know, but IMHO, it's not for her sake alone, and definitely not (imho) because he isn't sure. He doesn't strike me as the type who is very careful or hesitant about drawing conclusions or judgments.

Bold by me...

We all have different thresholds of how far we are willing to go to explain someone's behavior as trustworthy.

For me, Ron's actions and words belie his "keeping my enemies closer" excuse. Marrying Misty; assisting, if not coaching, her with her answers in interviews; making excuses that take heat off her; and resisting open discussion with LE himself only enable her to continue holding back. (The results we have seen only support that conclusion, IMHO.)

This indicates to me that the reason he has equivocated is because he has been covering for her - and definitely not (imho) because he isn't sure. He doesn't strike me as the type who is very careful or hesitant about drawing conclusions or judgments.

BBM--and that's assuming, as you conclude, that in fact Misty has something to withhold. IMO, Ronald Cummings is fully aware of everything Misty knows. And it's in HIS best interest to ensure that it does not come to light.

I bet if someone took your child in the middle of the night from your home, you WOULD be angry.

I know I would be. And the words that came out of his mouth during the 911 call would be nothing compared to what would potentially come out of mine during the call I would have to make. Don't mess with a Mama Bear. And don't mess with Daddy's Little Girl.

I know I would be. I would also be furious with the babysitter who can't get her story straight.

I know I would be. I would also be furious with the babysitter who can't get her story straight.

I would be too, unless I believed she was asleep, or that she's blocked something out from the trauma. If that's the case, I wouldn't be.

I would be too, unless I believed she was asleep, or that she's blocked something out from the trauma. If that's the case, I wouldn't be.

If she was asleep she could still have her story straight.

Misty may have been shown the back door was open and the light was on and Haleigh's missing and to MAKE THE CALL.

In his first report to journalist, Greenwood states, Ron Cummings arrived home and found his DD missing and woke Misty. Of course, we now know that the story is different. I was just surprised that LE made that statement first...

I have copy of this first report...it has now been overwritten, either do to reporter error, LE error, or players changed it up.. but story changed.

I'd also venture a guess that YOU - and anyone else - can NOT say how you would act until put into that situation. You may THINK you would know exactly how you would act, but I suspect that is one of those situations that you do not know how you'd act until it happens to you. That's exactly how people who have been in that situation have described. I hope that no one here ever has to go through it. I cannot think of anything worse than losing a child.

As for Ron's arrests for assault, do you know anything about the details surrounding those arrests? Do you know who was present when he was arrested? Those types of details. I do not condone violence, but sometimes understanding the situation gives one a better understanding of the situation. Again - to be clear - I do not condone violence - but I do like to understand the details behind a person's arrests and not simply see a charge on paper.

Being a survivor of violence....and having testified against my violent assaulter....there are no details except for the very fear of death that can justify violent assault to me. Perhaps details can justify violence to others, not me. I will never understand felonious violent assault......

BTW - you have no idea what I in my own life have been through...or how many times that I have been on the phone requesting 911, or what for. You might want to revise your statement. I do not put everything online for consumption...but you might be surprised what has been my experience in life.

I can't find those. When did they occur? tia

You would have to check the unabridged version of his rap sheet. It is on WS somewhere...do not have time to find it for you. If you look, it is there.

LE says the evidence doesn't support Misty's story.
Tim Miller and others say Ron says he doesn't believe her.
Multiple polys register dishonesty.

That's a lot to reach around, IMHO.

And the still-made bed and dirty laundry in the dryer don't indicate a failure to remember, but a telling that things happened that did not actually happen. ie, lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner