2009.23.09 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caller asking about TC's fingerprints on the front door from him pounding on the door. AH answers no, but that there's blood on the door from RC punching the door with his fist.

Oxycontin, because of it sstrange time release design, is an incredibly dangerous drug. It is a concentrated almost overdose amount of painkiller that is designed to slowly release its payload at a manageable rate for an adult. It would not take alot to so depress a child to cause respiratory shutdown over a period of time.

And with Haleigh already having respiratory issues, it wouldn't take much at all. These stoopid people probably didn't put 2 and 2 together. For a child, it would only take a very small amount. My sister takes it for fybromialgia and she is so doped up while on it, I can hardly understand her.

I think the problem with this case is we're dealing with so many drug dealers, liars, cheats, thieves, that it's hard to find any of the players credible. If in fact Haleigh turns up in a black bag, then I would find it credible.

OTOH, JR said "black" -- which could mean he was trying to say they put Haleigh in a black bag. Things that make me go hmmmmm.....

MOO

Mel

Nancy Grace just said there are parts of the letter that are credible and they are looking into it. She just came back and said this.

Didn't they drain that lake over the weekend? They evidently didn't find her....so maybe that's why they question the credibility?

OMG... You're right.

http://www.purduepharma.com/PI/Prescription/Oxycontin.pdf

OxyContin 60 mg, 80 mg, and 160 mg Tablets, or a single dose greater than 40 mg, ARE FOR USE IN OPIOID-TOLERANT PATIENTS ONLY. A single dose greater than 40 mg, or total daily doses greater than 80 mg, may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients who are not tolerant to the respiratory depressant effects of opioids.
OxyContin TABLETS ARE TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND ARE NOT TO BE BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED. TAKING BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED OxyContin TABLETS LEADS TO RAPID RELEASE AND ABSORPTION OF A POTENTIALLY FATAL DOSE OF OXYCODONE.

I think this is a very plausible theory. They might not have known it was more dangerous if crushed.

I agree - I asked my sister what they tasted like. She said they have to be swallowed whole to work effectively -- so she doesn't know.

If someone crushed the tablet(s) and gave them to Haleigh it could be very deadly.

Just another note about meds. I have an irregular heartbeat, and when it goes out of whack, my doctor tells me to chew my pill to make it work faster (which it does). So I know this firsthand and it applies to many meds (not just mine).

Poor Haleigh :(

Mel

Didn't they drain that lake over the weekend? They evidently didn't find her....so maybe that's why they question the credibility?

yes they did drain the pond. It was a very long weekend and there were many conflicting statements given what the search was for. At one point the media reported they did find evidence related to Haleigh's case. LE said the search at the pond was a truth test, maybe whoever gave them the tip wanted to prove that where telling the truth and there was something there that only he or she would know.

Tonight Teresa Neves pain brought me to tears. I just cannot believe that this woman is faking her grief. I am at a loss really....I just pray that this case will get resolved and the people who love Haleigh so much can get answers and resolution. Sadly, I am afraid Haleigh is no longer with us and these families are not going to be okay for a very long time.

Nancy is questioning if this story is credible how did all these people keep quiet for so many months, inferring usually a secret can't be kept.

Good point, panthera. My only guess is that if this truly happened as stated in the letter, those at the party are covering their butts by keeping this secret because of the drug connection. Everyone there is guilty of allowing this to happen to a little child, IMO and they know it.
And, althought it appears these people have kept it quiet for so many months, it's leaking out now.
However, reading between the lines, I'm of the mind that this letter's main focus was for the writer to verify her alibi for the evening in question. "I was at your house that night, remember?"
jmo

Why would TN stand by Misty? That's very confusing to me.

You know angeleleven, that's a great question. What do you think? I think it's because standing by Misty somehow means she is protecting Ronald. If his family supports Misty, she keeps her mouth shut that Ronald knows what happened.
That's not what I believe personally, but it's the only reason that makes sense to me at this time.
Anyone else got an answer to this question?

OMG... You're right.

http://www.purduepharma.com/PI/Prescription/Oxycontin.pdf

OxyContin 60 mg, 80 mg, and 160 mg Tablets, or a single dose greater than 40 mg, ARE FOR USE IN OPIOID-TOLERANT PATIENTS ONLY. A single dose greater than 40 mg, or total daily doses greater than 80 mg, may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients who are not tolerant to the respiratory depressant effects of opioids.
OxyContin TABLETS ARE TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND ARE NOT TO BE BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED. TAKING BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED OxyContin TABLETS LEADS TO RAPID RELEASE AND ABSORPTION OF A POTENTIALLY FATAL DOSE OF OXYCODONE.

I think this is a very plausible theory. They might not have known it was more dangerous if crushed.

Chicana, thanks so much for this post. I had forgotten those strict directions. It gives me a chill to even think Haleigh was present at a gathering where drugs of any kind were available.
JMO

And with Haleigh already having respiratory issues, it wouldn't take much at all. These stoopid people probably didn't put 2 and 2 together. For a child, it would only take a very small amount. My sister takes it for fybromialgia and she is so doped up while on it, I can hardly understand her.

I think the problem with this case is we're dealing with so many drug dealers, liars, cheats, thieves, that it's hard to find any of the players credible. If in fact Haleigh turns up in a black bag, then I would find it credible.

OTOH, JR said "black" -- which could mean he was trying to say they put Haleigh in a black bag. Things that make me go hmmmmm.....

MOO

Mel

I think the bolded part of your post says it all! Thanks for this.

Did anyone listen to what Teresa said on NG tonight? She wasn't backing Misty. She said she didn't care who was implicated or involved as long as it brought Haleigh home to her. She meant every word of it, imo. Her grief is very real, imo.

Teresa knows Ronald isn't involved. LE knows Ronald isn't involved and have said it repeatedly, but no one wants to acknowledge it. Palatka Daily News has stated it at least twice this week alone that he has been cleared according to authorities. Of course Teresa will continue to support her son. He hasn't done anything to deserve her not supporting him!

heartbreaking....TN saying Jr drew Haleigh a map to find her way home:(

Heartbreaking and sweet, bittersweet. This is how children handle/cope with big scary traumatic events. Bless his heart, may he receive some extra comfort and security sprinkled upon his head flowing through the hair openings into his tender young mind from above.

I don't believe this current letter by the so called friend making these claims. Some friend, eh? To keep this quiet this long wowsa. Tommy held out his information too for the same time length minus 2 days. I'm still leaning towards Tommys guilt. I'll be shocked if there's any truth to the letter. I take it the letter was written by Amber? haven't read all the thread.

Why would TN stand by Misty? That's very confusing to me.

She pretty much laid it out in not so many words tonight. She has to believe Misty, because that is the only possible story that can possibly lead to Hayleigh being alive and coming home. Her belief of Misty is not in any way shape or form based on any evidence or knowlege. It is based on her deep belief that God would not let something this awful happen to such a young child. If Misty lied Hayleigh is pretty certainly not coming home to them. In oder to preserve her hope she has to believe Misty. It is really and truly heartbreaking.

I don't believe the letter. Anyone with truth, and without ulterior motives would have presented this information a LONG time ago. Not sure if it is someone pulling a CYA, or LE on a fishing trip.

Heartbreaking and sweet, bittersweet. This is how children handle/cope with big scary traumatic events. Bless his heart, may he receive some extra comfort and security sprinkled upon his head flowing through the hair openings into his tender young mind from above.

I don't believe this current letter by the so called friend making these claims. Some friend, eh? To keep this quiet this long wowsa. Tommy held out his information too for the same time length minus 2 days. I'm still leaning towards Tommys guilt. I'll be shocked if there's any truth to the letter. I take it the letter was written by Amber? haven't read all the thread.
The letter was written by "Nay Nay" Prevatt. Somehow she got it to her boyfriend, Donnie, who then gave it to Greg (WBG)'s mother. She sent it to TJ Hart and AH. So...WBG's mom basically is helping to implicate her son since she allowed the letter to become public, imo.

The man who supposedly wrote out the affidavit to LE is a known druggie and has a long criminal history including his latest charge in July. (I would guess this is when he wrote his affidavit and was released.) He also tried to commit suicide last year. His credibility is pretty lousy, imo. I am rather surprised LE fell for it hook, line, and sinker. After all, this guy knows what has gone on with this case from his drug buddies (including Donnie and WBG) so for him to implicate them is simply icing on the cake for him to make a deal on his drug charges, imo.

It is so hard to take the letter seriously, but I will say it does sound like "Nay Nay" was trying to solidify her alibi. So where was she really?! Does Tommy know her? Who has Tommy been hanging out with to get his drugs since Haleigh went missing?

I find it very strange that both of these things surfaced the same week. Tommy's new found conscience and Nay Nay's jailhouse letter which implicates Misty and the rest of her "buddies".

She pretty much laid it out in not so many words tonight. She has to believe Misty, because that is the only possible story that can possibly lead to Hayleigh being alive and coming home. Her belief of Misty is not in any way shape or form based on any evidence or knowlege. It is based on her deep belief that God would not let something this awful happen to such a young child. If Misty lied Hayleigh is pretty certainly not coming home to them. In oder to preserve her hope she has to believe Misty. It is really and truly heartbreaking.

Bolded by me.

Thanks faefrost.

I thought the same thing too while watching her hold back her pain on NG. She made my heart ache for her. To entertain the idea that Haleigh isn't coming home alive, it too much for her.

She stated clearly that she believes in a tenet, which tells her that if she prays the Lord will answer her prayers.

I also think after watching her, that to acknowledge and accept that Haleigh is no longer with us is too much for her; so we see behaviors that we take as a defending of MC or RC. I don't think it is either, rather in order to take her next breath without being crushed from the extraordinary pain that the acceptance of the possibility of Haleigh has died she must say to herself that there is no way that Haleigh is gone forever, she must fall back on the tenets of her faith to help her move through each day, each hour and each minute since Haleigh has gone.

JMHO based on what I saw of TN tonight. Bless her.

Good point, panthera. My only guess is that if this truly happened as stated in the letter, those at the party are covering their butts by keeping this secret because of the drug connection. Everyone there is guilty of allowing this to happen to a little child, IMO and they know it.
And, althought it appears these people have kept it quiet for so many months, it's leaking out now.
However, reading between the lines, I'm of the mind that this letter's main focus was for the writer to verify her alibi for the evening in question. "I was at your house that night, remember?"
jmo
I think Nancy's question was answered later in the show when it was said they all could be charged with negligent homicide ~ so I can see, if this scenario were true, keeping quiet. Also, it's possible not everybody would know what happened. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes