FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But every once in a while, something happens, and the stupid humor I find in seemingly mundane things is what keeps me sane in light of the fact that I can't stop coming here. QUOTE]

Absolutely. I am so glad other people here enjoy stupid humor too!

Your post #68
:rolling:

Seriously now, don't you think we need an "Ickie Stickie" to keep everyone straight?

She was reportedly wearing a maroon jumpsuit that day. A jumpsuit is all one piece of clothing, isn't it? How could she be found partially clothed unless the one-piece outfit was torn half off her body. I just don't believe we are looking for a SO in this crime. Just my opinion.

Pretty gross, but she was most likely also in a trash compactor.

I figured LE was keeping the whole blue Nissan thing quiet because the officer is an undercover cop. Not a good idea to have your undercover cops in the news with photo splashed on national TV via JVM or NG.

I really thought they might be making up the undercover cop story to cover for the cop that didn't report an attempted child abduction. See how cynical I have become. So there never was an attempted child abduction in that area the week before Somer was killed?

So LE has ruled out any chance that Somer hid in a dumpster, etc, right? Otherwise they wouldn't be releasing information about her "killer" in a few moments.

What's the possibility that Somer climbed into a dumpster and couldn't get out? This actually happened to two boys years ago in another city where I lived. It was winter, and they froze to death, not likely to happen in OP, but maybe Somer could not get out.

Fay you need to copy the actual link from the page, not the post. That link does not work.
The link is broken. But it reads that hispanic males are trying to talk these girls into their car. The car has primer on it, it has been seen on more than one occasion and is cruising the area.
This is highly suspisious, I feel like calling crimestoppers. I'm also very worried and keeping my kids close. Especiallycome this halloween.
Lord help the little children. Amen

I don't see how you do it, really.
I cannot follow but one case at a time. I would go bonkers, but hey I have to work in between. lol

I've tried to follow more then one case but it never works out for the best (miss 2 much) so of the 3 most recent (st, eo, dh) it is Somer..I care about them all but this little girl truly got to me (like ca) & I just know there is way more to this nightmare then we can ever imagine.

Haven't had time to dig into this one any further, I apologize, I am back and forth from my computer quite a bit today. In looking for a Kyle in various areas around Somer's town, I started digging around near where the renovation company is located. Well, eventually I looked up Loretto (a town near there) and Kyle, and came up with the following story.

I know this was in Arizona, but could it be a copy cat of sorts? It was recent, it was a 7 year old, we don't know this about Somer yet but the victim in the following story was hard to identify due to facial damage, and the guys middle name was Kyle (which is common, I know)...

Just trying to look into everything I come across is all. The more I can rule out, the better I feel.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/06...jailed-in-brutal-beating-death-of-7-year-old/

I think no one is being ruled out as a suspect......

Agree. While this search would appear to clear all neighbors in this area, the house at 1080 was not searched that night as LE had to get owners permission first. Easy up and over...

Do not believe search dogs were utilized that night but could be wrong.....anyone know?

Search for clues continues at scene near where Somer Thompson disappeared

The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m..._continues_at_scene_near_where_somer_thompson

Just wanted to bump this up.

Thread is moving so fast, and I saw that someone referring to the post that I made on p. 3 that Somer was partially clothed. Only one source that I can find is now reporting that and it's not a reliable source.

Just trying to stop that from spreading. I've edited my post that referred to this for anyone who reads the thread from the beginning...

People have been saying "partially clothed" ever since her little body was found. I think some mistook the sheriff's "legs partially exposed" to mean "partially clothed" which is incorrect, and then others heard that and it was a chain reaction.

But not the under cover officer, correct?

No, not the under cover. But the LE in the video said "We should have put out a bulletin when it happened".

I'm not saying it's related. I feel like it's another matter that makes no sense to me.

She was wearing a sweat suit.

SOMER RENEE THOMPSON
Case Type: Endangered missing
DOB: Apr 5, 2002 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Oct 19, 2009 Race: White
Missing City: ORANGE PARK Weight: 65 lbs (29 kg)
Missing State : FL Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: U.S. Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1133666
Circumstances: Somer was last seen walking near her school on the afternoon of Oct. 19. She was last seen with her hair in a ponytail tied with a red bow, wearing a maroon sweatsuit with a pink stripe, and a black tee shirt. She was carrying a purple Hannah Montana backpack and lunchbox.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=146938&catid=338

This was also on the NCMEC site before she was found. Where did talk of the jumpsuit come from?

When I think of Jumpsuit, I think it could be an alternative word for like a track suit - something like this:

Attachments

• pants.jpg
    pants.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 2
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks NSC - that's exactly what I was trying to describe in my rambling post before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member