Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for info, LE do have significant leads they are following up on. They aren't completely lost :)

In a case like this, I think we would all prefer LE to take the stance of a gang of snarling dogs. I wish they would pull out all the stops and turn this state upside down looking for MH. Sadly, I don't get this impression, do you?

I thought your post was very good and since I have taken issue with some post along these line but that were in my opinion much more out in left field. I'd like to ask you something, since I might get a reasonable response.

I do not necessarily disagree that there may be more stuff that they should be doing. I'm sure that you would agree that there is some limit to what resources they have and that things like hiring on 100 new investigators is unrealistic. And I will admit although there is a limit to their resource they may not actually be at that limit.

So my question is what is the meaning of a stance of a gang of snarled dogs? What exactly are the top let say five things that they could be doing (realistically) that they are not doing? I don't disagree that they could do more, but I'm not really sure what specifically I would have them do if I ruled the world...

I would love to hear anyone’s ideas on this...

One caveat, if you don't want to hear me rant on again....and I’m sure no one wants that....just bear in mind the *realistically* part.

Just for info, LE do have significant leads they are following up on. They aren't completely lost :)

Bonjour waddles. Your post is of course good news. Would it be at all possible for you to elaborate on this....particularly are you able to comment on the reliablity of the source. I know you have been intouch with some of the people more involved with the case so I was just wondering this was from a highly reliable source or more of a common rumor (still good information to have either way). It sounds some what like something some one told you in confidence so I understand if you can not tell everything or name exactly who told you, but I'm just curious as to how certain this is.

TIA

I hope you are right Waddles!

I live in Virginia and a doctor who I work with said today that Mr Harrington sent an email alert out to the Virginia Doctors Association, spreading the word about Morgan.

I can;t imagine the helplessness they must feel. I pray that they find her!

So my question is what is the meaning of a stance of a gang of snarled dogs? What exactly are the top let say five things that they could be doing (realistically) that they are not doing? I don't disagree that they could do more, but I'm not really sure what specifically I would have them do if I ruled the world...

You certainly have a point. But if extraordinary means can't be activated during certain crises, then why the hell do we even have a police force? Are they just supposed to stand by and keep records? They should be proactive. THEY SHOULD FIND MORGAN HARRINGTON -- NO EXCUSES! Let me quote Tommy Lee Jones:

"What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and dog house in that area."

That's what I mean.

That DW guy from myspace who said he spoke to Morgan that night (10/17/09) was also at the Bonnaroo festival...coincidence?

At the risk of having Le Singe attack me...

I don't understand why a more comprehensive search of the area has not been done. According to LE only the immediately around the arena were searched. Why have other search parties not been organized for areas throughout Cville? Is it b/c there are no tips for a specific location? It seems like in other cases searches are done in a small area - then the area is expanded and then expanded again. In this case - it seems like the search just stopped.

I also don't understand why some basic information can't be released to the public - for example: what did the Pantera shirt look like? I am a very visual person and I might not remember the words on a shirt, but if it had a bloody skull on it then it might stand out in my mind. Or - what did the boots look like? I am a shoe fanatic and I might never remember the color of someone's hair, but I can tell you what kind of shoes they had on and most likely how much they cost. Or - the bag...purse, whatever...why can't we see it or know what was in it?

I realize these things seem simple, but you never know what might jog someone's memory. I'm just saying that some things that are being kept undercover don't seem necessary.

Bonjour waddles. Your post is of course good news. Would it be at all possible for you to elaborate on this....particularly are you able to comment on the reliablity of the source. I know you have been intouch with some of the people more involved with the case so I was just wondering this was from a highly reliable source or more of a common rumor (still good information to have either way). It sounds some what like something some one told you in confidence so I understand if you can not tell everything or name exactly who told you, but I'm just curious as to how certain this is.

TIA

This has come from a variety of sources - for some reason each and everybody's uncle is private emailing me on FB about the case, from family members of MH's to private detectives to just about anyone asking me if I think such and such is worthy of being investigated. But I have been given info for many days now about a lead sleuthed by someone and passed on to contacts on the case who were very interested. It is just one lead among several and I do not know how much truth is in it but I do know it is being considered seriously along with other leads. It does not differ much to scenarios put forward here, especially in the last couple days. There is no news on it in the last few days so I don't know what to think-if it went cold or it's hot. I have also been in contact with people who are related to or in close contact with agents who have assured them that although they indeed don't have much to go on they are working on important leads and it was with these in mind that they released info in the way that they did and that close friends of MH aren't saying much. This is just about all I know sorry, it's not very helpful to anyone.

QUOTE=secret_agent_mom;4383111]At the risk of having Le Singe attack me...

I don't understand why a more comprehensive search of the area has not been done. According to LE only the immediately around the arena were searched. Why have other search parties not been organized for areas throughout Cville? Is it b/c there are no tips for a specific location? It seems like in other cases searches are done in a small area - then the area is expanded and then expanded again. In this case - it seems like the search just stopped.

I also don't understand why some basic information can't be released to the public - for example: what did the Pantera shirt look like? I am a very visual person and I might not remember the words on a shirt, but if it had a bloody skull on it then it might stand out in my mind. Or - what did the boots look like? I am a shoe fanatic and I might never remember the color of someone's hair, but I can tell you what kind of shoes they had on and most likely how much they cost. Or - the bag...purse, whatever...why can't we see it or know what was in it?

I realize these things seem simple, but you never know what might jog someone's memory. I'm just saying that some things that are being kept undercover don't seem necessary.[/QUOTE]

Secret Agent Mom-

I swear you are reading my mind!! I am a very visual person too and also very into fashion, SO those examples would definitely jog my memory. I think that LE should give us some physical clues.. I can only imagine it helping the investigation.

In reference to the search, I whole heartedly agree. I have offered to assist with the search, but have not been contacted. I am sure I am not the only person offering this type of help. I just don't understand why it is not being accepted??
:waitasec:

I also don't understand why some basic information can't be released to the public - for example: what did the Pantera shirt look like?

Remember? Her shirt said PANERA. Like the sandwich shop. PANERA.

Good thing we've gotten such good information from officials.

This has come from a variety of sources - for some reason each and everybody's uncle is private emailing me on FB about the case, from family members of MH's to private detectives to just about anyone asking me if I think such and such is worthy of being investigated. But I have been given info for many days now about a lead sleuthed by someone and passed on to contacts on the case who were very interested. It is just one lead among several and I do not know how much truth is in it but I do know it is being considered seriously along with other leads. It does not differ much to scenarios put forward here, especially in the last couple days. There is no news on it in the last few days so I don't know what to think-if it went cold or it's hot. I have also been in contact with people who are related to or in close contact with agents who have assured them that although they indeed don't have much to go on they are working on important leads and it was with these in mind that they released info in the way that they did and that close friends of MH aren't saying much. This is just about all I know sorry, it's not very helpful to anyone.

Waddles,

Thank you for your post and your insight into this case!! It is greatly appreciated! Even though you think it is not helpful, I find this news reassuring!

I hate to ask this, but I would like to know: Does this lead have a positive outcome for Morgan and her family? or do you feel it is more of a negative one? I am praying for the former, but one can only hope...

Waddles,

Thank you for your post and your insight into this case!! It is greatly appreciated! Even though you think it is not helpful, I find this news reassuring!

I hate to ask this, but I would like to know: Does this lead have a positive outcome for Morgan and her family? or do you feel it is more of a negative one? I am praying for the former, but one can only hope...

Good question Eclipse33, the lead does not include the outcome but rather how it started, which was safely supposedly, but with the passing of time this idea would not look good-like something went awry. But really I want to stress that I absolutely do not know what happened to MH or where on the list this lead is at all and I am still thinking this could very well also be a stranger abduction...

I realize these things seem simple, but you never know what might jog someone's memory. I'm just saying that some things that are being kept undercover don't seem necessary.

These are all very good ideas and I thank you!! You may say simple but to me it’s maybe realistic. Just from what I have seen from following crime stories for a while is simple ideas usually solve things not wild stuff you see on CSI much of which doesn't even exist.
*hi-five*
yes picture of the clothes is defiantly something I would do. I can totally respect the search idea. I can't 100% say if I would do more searches or not only b/c I don't know what has been searched and how thoroughly. I'm personally (opinion only) weary of aimlessly searching as I feel is waste man-hours that could be spent doing something else like following up on phone tips etc., but if there are logical places to search that have not been well search I’m totally on board with that.

Thanks!!

p.s. - not to worry I’m more of a "paper monkey” anyway.

Remember? Her shirt said PANERA. Like the sandwich shop. PANERA.

Good thing we've gotten such good information from officials.

No, no, not the bread. PANTERA the band, it was a band tshirt in black. Pantera used to be really popular in the 90s.

Hi all, I have been reading these threads for the last week or so now and finally signed up so I could post. I've been into going to rock concerts for most of my life, so this story really hit home for me. Last week, at the age of 34, I attended my first concert alone, and I couldn't help thinking of Morgan. I had a great time, but was somewhat intimidated by the sheer volume of the crowd in the concourse, being alone, and I can't imagine how she must have felt being alone. One thing I wondered is if it is possible that she took the battery out of her phone. I did this when I got to the show last week, knowing that my phone continues to run - checking email etc - even when it is turned off. I did this to conserve the battery until the end of the show, in case I had any issues getting out of there. Just a thought. It's been really interesting reading all of your posts the last few days.

Hi and Welcome to Websleuths!

My wife and i usually just turn off our cell phone to conserve the battery.
I'm not sure what type cell phone you have, however most will conserve battery if they are turned off.

These are all very good ideas and I thank you!! You may say simple but to me it’s maybe realistic. Just from what I have seen from following crime stories for a while is simple ideas usually solve things not wild stuff you see on CSI much of which doesn't even exist.
*hi-five*
yes picture of the clothes is defiantly something I would do. I can totally respect the search idea. I can't 100% say if I would do more searches or not only b/c I don't know what has been searched and how thoroughly. I'm personally (opinion only) weary of aimlessly searching as I feel is waste man-hours that could be spent doing something else like following up on phone tips etc., but if there are logical places to search that have not been well search I’m totally on board with that.

Thanks!!

p.s. - not to worry I’m more of a "paper monkey” anyway.

Glad to know I wasn't way off...and didn't upset you, Le Singe. :Banane19:

I am not going to get stuck on the boots, but I do have to say one other thing about why I think they are important.

If I had on boots like this:

blackboots1.jpg

I might walk further than if I had on boots like this:

2008-fall-boot-trends-2.jpg

And, I would remember the second pair (and want to know where she got them b/c they are hot!)

I could do the same for the handbag (and I am sure Eclipse33 is with me on this) if it were a name brand or a distinct style I would remember it far more than a t-shirt with a band I didn't know.

No, no, not the bread. PANTERA the band, it was a band tshirt in black. Pantera used to be really popular in the 90s.

That seems to make sense, but the official word from law enforcement says that the shirt has the word PANERA on it, like the sandwich shop.

Hi and Welcome to Websleuths!

My wife and i usually just turn off our cell phone to conserve the battery.
I'm not sure what type cell phone you have, however most will conserve battery if they are turned off.

hi - thank you! I have a Treo 800 and I hate it! When I turn it off, it only turns off the radio, there is no way to power the entire phone off without removing the battery. I have multiple chargers because the battery is always draining, even when I do not use the phone much.

That seems to make sense, but the official word from law enforcement says that the shirt has the word PANERA on it, like the sandwich shop.

All of the missing posters say she was wearing a "black t-shirt with Pantera across the front".

More confusion? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members