FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully coldcase can develope more leads now. And thankfully SB was at least convicted for child abuse of the sister. Although it appears she didn't serve her full ten years or anything near that.

She was let off with time served!!

who is she...that said "IT" some peoples manner of speach or a way of disasociation with the baby?

Trash has still not been picked up. I can hear a truck idling, but hasnt moved in some time. Nothing overhead today.

Tabitha

IIRC, the relative posting here mentioned that grandma would hit the road soon, but it took her a bit of time to scrape together gas money. Someone here offered to provide some funds to help them out if they opened an account. They didn't ask for anything ASFAIK. People here just stepped up. Are they soliciting funds publicly or something?

I was going to suggest that they contact one of the airlines PR depts and just ask for airline tickets but they already had a plan in place.

We didn't ask for anything, and have still not done so...we havn't even accepted the offers that have been made...simply thanked the people for their kindness in offering them, and I did relay the offer to the family who went up there. Let me break this down though. While we are not poor, we are not well off either. We live paycheck to paycheck. Tinas sisters and mother all work full time, thats 3 adults with households to support, both her sisters have their own kids, one of them has 3 of them. Her other sister is currently the only one working due to her husband being laid off in this horrible economy. They are all 3 leaving their jobs for at least until next wed, possibly longer depending on what happens, but thats at least a week without work and without pay. And if you think you can survive without eating for a week, regardless of the circumstances, I don't think you are thinking straight...yes if they were home they would have been eating anyway...but not eating out for every meal for the next week, they would have been eating groceries already bought in their homes.
Anyway point is, we didn't ask for anything, still havn't, and comments like that make us unlikely to, no matter how much the help may be needed.

BTW I know you weren't the poster of those comments mycroft, but I missed the original post so I replied to yours...thank you for defending us

Okay, so it looks like, tell me if I'm wrong, SB was convicted of abusing Paul's sister and her 10 year sentence was commuted to time served. The investigation into the disappearance of Paul was reactivated in May 2000 and the couple were arrested. Here is where it gets fuzzy. Were the charges related to Paul's disappearance later dismissed?

I hear you, gitana. The remark in the story that is linked on the last page says SB and her husband were extradited back to South Carolina from Chipley.

So how would they be back in Chipley "legally" at least, if the charges hadn't been dropped or unless they had been tried and found not guilty?

My gut is saying without finding Paul's body perhaps the charges were dropped because there was insufficient evidence.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if two cases were solved now?

but where was Websluths before all this occurred?

real caregivers are background checked, but in Ohio they only go back 3 months.!

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/69090642.html

in an exclusive report, NewsChannel 7 is reporting that the babysitter for a missing Chipley baby may be a suspect in the disappearance.

Babysitter Susan Baker told a newspaper she had warned the governor in august that the baby, 7-month- old Shannon Dedrick, could be in danger. However, a check of NewsChannel 7 archives shows Baker and her husband James was extradited from Chipley to Beaufort, South Carolina nine years ago in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their 3-year-old son Paul.
This boy? If you scroll down this link you will find this.

http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

Paul Leonard Baker
Missing since March 5, 1987 from Beaufort, South Carolina
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 29, 1983
Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'4; 40 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: He has scars on his right index finger and on his chin.
Dentals: One of Baker's teeth was pushed into his gum at the time of his disappearance.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Paul has never been found.

More here http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html

TAB was all over the internet all weekend and last nite admitted all the carp she was putting out there came from SB.

If SB is involved, as usual she is responsible for her own undoing...

Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most."

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

It bothers me that the news stories state SB and JB were investigated regarding the disppearance of "their" son. Paul was NOT SB's son. In fact, the poor mother of that child and the little girl had custody taken from her because she was poor and the court thought dad could better provide for them. I feel very sorry for the mother who lost her kids due to her lack of money and then had to sit helplessly as they were abused, one disappearing, never to return. In California, in family law court, a parent can never be denied custody due to a lack of money. Instead, the other parent is ordered to pay child support. A lot could have been done to help this woman keep her kids. Now one is likely dead and the suspect may be involved in the disappearance of yet another child. Very sad.

OHHH That video has old pictures of her, definitely the same person as in recent photos!

Can someone do a screen capture of that photo?

Salem

Nevermind - Elpher already did :)

Which member here figured out the link with Susan Baker? I'm curious.

Jaycee I've had that opened on my desktop since yesterday It was how we found the NCSI
info.

I want to know if LE was already all over this and was just being quiet or if they knew nothing til the phone call last nite!? If we found this they surely had access to same..

We didn't ask for anything, and have still not done so...we havn't even accepted the offers that have been made...simply thanked the people for their kindness in offering them, and I did relay the offer to the family who went up there. Anyway point is, we didn't ask for anything, still havn't, and comments like that make us unlikely to, no matter how much the help may be needed.

BTW I know you weren't the poster of those comments mycroft, but I missed the original post so I replied to yours...thank you for defending us

Chanii, You or your family have not asked for anything - you do not have to explain anything to anybody. Your family got to Shannon's side as quick as they could. Zip on by any comments that may distract you and your family from helping to find Shannon. It is all about Shannon and finding her hopefully safe and soon. LE should be focusing on the Orange Hill Road area of Chipley - I would love to see a search warrant issued any second now.

Elepher - hearthfelt blessings to you and your family and the support you are giving Shannon and her mom right now.

Jaycee I've had that opened on my desktop since yesterday It was how we found the NCSI
info.

I want to know if LE was already all over this and was just being quiet or if they knew nothing til the phone call last nite!? If we found this they surely had access to same..
Opps. Sorry. I'm playing catchup here.

Sounds like this woman is a real piece of work.

Chanii, You or your family have not asked for anything - you do not have to explain anything to anybody your family got to Shannon's side as quick as they could. Zip on by any comments that may distract you and your family from helping to find Shannon. It is all about Shannon and finding her hopefully safe and soon. LE should be focusing on the Orange Hill Road area of Chipley - I would love to see a search warrant issued any second now.

Elepher - hearthfelt blessings to you and your family and the support you are giving Shannon and her mom right now.

I completely and wholeheartedly agree, bless you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015