The Neighbors Yard

I would guess that the system is registering a massive amount of anomalies with lost signals over 6 hours, but far fewer over 24 hours (probably because of signals being shielded or batteries draining while people slept). If you have a situation where the PO is being flooded by false alerts all the time, it is much easier for a real one to slip by unnoticed.

California, under Governor Schwarzenegger, has spent many millions of dollars on this GPS monitoring system mainly because of our grossly overcrowded prisons. If you are correct, which I don't think you are :), it would create a terrifying situation for the safety of all citizens when the thousands of prisoners are released and put on GPS to finish out their sentences. Isn't that suppose to happen sometime soon, like the first of the year?

"Offenders have learned that wrapping the GPS device in aluminum foil can make the GPS tracking points untraceable or disappear."

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=...&gl=us&sig=AFQjCNHKqwCOzIw9-fPQdWNeVZyLdJM4Gw

I also found that technical problems can effect them including cell interference

You took the words out of my mouth Sis! We went to a class with ours and you couldn't get the satellites out of the building with it because it was a metal building. We have no problem getting them in our wooden structure house. But the clearer it is the more satellites you pick up and I believe you need at least 4 to get a proper reading.

You took the words out of my mouth Sis! We went to a class with ours and you couldn't get the satellites out of the building with it because it was a metal building. We have no problem getting them in our wooden structure house. But the clearer it is the more satellites you pick up and I believe you need at least 4 to get a proper reading.

I think the article my2sisters linked to stated you needed 3 satellites?

Where I live, the offender has to pay for the device, so get the best one possible!

California, under Governor Schwarzenegger, has spent many millions of dollars on this GPS monitoring system mainly because of our grossly overcrowded prisons. If you are correct, which I don't think you are :), it would create a terrifying situation for the safety of all citizens when the thousands of prisoners are released and put on GPS to finish out their sentences. Isn't that suppose to happen sometime soon, like the first of the year?

I can't think of any other reason for moving from a 6 hour flag to a 24 hour flag. Assuming they didnt just get it mixed up, there has to be a practical technical reason, and losing signals while people slept is the most likely. if the PO's were getting a few dozen false alarms every day in the early hours of the morning, I don't think it would take too long before they started ignoring them. IMO, the main purpose of that alarm is to alert the PO when a parolee decides to dissappear, and 24 hours would be just as effective as 6 hours in that respect.

Oh, and btw, government spending huge amounts of money on things that don't work all that well isn't unusual, especially if it's things that make the general public feel safer/better about themselves, etc.

The main issue is, that the gps system is only as good as the LE officials who monitor it. In pgs case no one that had access to the information was monitoring it. I hope there is a LOT of reform before they let all the prisoners out in Jan.

The main issue is, that the gps system is only as good as the LE officials who monitor it. In pgs case no one that had access to the information was monitoring it. I hope there is a LOT of reform before they let all the prisoners out in Jan.

Absolutely! I know I said that in an earlier post, but I'm so glad to see everyone is starting to realize........there was NOTHING wrong with the GPS.......the problem was the parole officers (10 of them, if I remember correctly from the report) and that doesn't count the screw-ups from the federal parole officers before 1999. It's repulsive to me that these guys are getting paid (and probably super benefits like CA's PERS and can't do their freakin' job!!!) Now, I don't live in CA anymore, so I can't vote there. But if I did, I'd be writing to my senator and congressman and governor right now! This sucks, and by the way, Thank you Nevada for not allowing this guy to go off parole!!! (Not that it did much good, but thanks for being bright enough to realize that it shouldn't be done!)

Even though we're all sisters here, it's "time" that should get the credit for this post. ;)

You're right!!! Thank you TIME!! again!! We are all sis's here, but I did misread who wrote that!!! Time, and Time again..... you seem to be at my side!! Thanks.! :)
(P.S. Was it you who did the Jennifer Juniper, Donovan song the other day.....I have to tell you, that song has not left my head since that day!!! Thanks alot for that!!! lol, I was a big fan honestly!)

You're right!!! Thank you TIME!! again!! We are all sis's here, but I did misread who wrote that!!! Time, and Time again..... you seem to be at my side!! Thanks.! :)
(P.S. Was it you who did the Jennifer Juniper, Donovan song the other day.....I have to tell you, that song has not left my head since that day!!! Thanks alot for that!!! lol, I was a big fan honestly!)

Heck, I am not really sure! But I did use to love Donovan. I think I was a car hop back then and he was on our juke box

It looks like a lot of the articles from when this story first broke have started to be taken down or archived. I haven't found much about Damon Robinson or his property so far. Nothing monumental here, just the basics and Damon's wariness of Garrido.

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/2151755.html

There was limited furniture, including a mattress. But Robinson said it seemed "backward." For example, a mattress wasn't in a bedroom but in a living area.

Robinson said he also was disturbed by the fact that there were locks in the home that could be secured from the outside.

After moving in, Robinson said he found other "red flags" – including a shoddily painted van that Robinson said Garrido moved around constantly, and eerie sounds coming from Garrido's backyard that included what sounded like women moaning in pain.

http://www.twincities.com/tablehome/ci_13216349?nclick_check=1

Damon Robinson, a neighbor of the Garridos for three years, said he had limited interaction with Phillip Garrido, but came away thinking he was eccentric.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/th...-kidnapping-suspect-has-long-criminal-record/

Haydee Perry, 32, said her boyfriend has a 7-year-old daughter and that he was concerned about Garrido living next door. She added that a friend of her boyfriend had called police a few years ago because there were children living in the Garrido home and other people were living in the yard in tents.

ETA: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...-phillip-garrido/story-e6frf7lf-1225767878257

"In one of the sheds there was a music player, a couch, a mattress and a VCR. He really wanted the VCR back when I found it," he said.

Robinson's then-girlfriend called police after she saw tents and children in the backyard, but the responding deputy did not uncover the backyard compound.

"It took me a while to realise, but Garrido had access to all of these buildings," Robinson said.

"At first I didn't even realise they were part of my land because there are wire fences splitting up the yard."

It looks like a lot of the articles from when this story first broke have started to be taken down or archived. I haven't found much about Damon Robinson or his property so far. Nothing monumental here, just the basics and Damon's wariness of Garrido.
<snip>

Anthro ... thanks for digging these up! I'll have to go back and read them all now, but just these quotes from the last article are seeming even creepier given what we know about the GPS pings

"In one of the sheds there was a music player, a couch, a mattress and a VCR. He really wanted the VCR back when I found it," he said.

"It took me a while to realise, but Garrido had access to all of these buildings," Robinson said.

"At first I didn't even realise they were part of my land because there are wire fences splitting up the yard."

The first statement just immediately made me think of Garrido's storage shed in 1976 ... anyone else?

I can't tell, but wonder if Garrido tried to keep using them after Robinson moved in. He says that Garrido had access to all of them...

That article also says:

"It looks like Garrido lived on the property in a shed," Mr Lee said.

Neighbours said Garrido had lived there as a caretaker until about 2006.

Why would Garrido have been living there - well, he probably wasn't, I don't know, but this all still makes it sound the the old storage unit or the shed in 1972. I hope LE was looking for more forensics than dead bodies, probably any evidence was inside the buildings. To me that says Garrido committed other crimes - I doubt he was just camping out over there by himself. If he was doing something else over there, what was it?

Anthro ... thanks for digging these up! I'll have to go back and read them all now, but just these quotes from the last article are seeming even creepier given what we know about the GPS pings

No problem, I am still going to look for more later on, hopefully tonight. I remember that Damon Robinson was contacted for comment a lot since his ex-GF was the one who called 911, then his property was searched, so I'm sure there is more to be found. I also forgot that Haydee Perry was his current girlfriend, we may be able to find more through her.

I didn't even think of the '76 shed set up! Ugh, it does sound like that! Who was he taking over there?

BTW, did anyone else notice that PG's parole agent is named in one of the articles? :)

Found a few more, still not much. The property is 1540 Walnut Ave according to one article.

I've been thinking about bit more about the things Robinson found, and Time is right. It sounds so much like the '76 set up. PG had to be taking someone like prostitutes, Jaycee, or the girls there to abuse them out of sight of everyone else. (I know, supposedly Jaycee hasn't been abused in years and PG hasn't abused the girls, but IIRC those were 'unnamed insider' sources, nothing official. For me I hope they're right, but it is still a possibility)

The articles reference Damon working. If he's gone I don't see what would stop PG from at least roaming in the backyard (as his GPS shows) if he wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew a way to get in the house. Why else would LE take Robinson's computer?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6991758

Damon Robinson now lives in the home with his two children. Police say Garrido lived in a shed in the backyard for a while when the property was vacant in 2006.

"Yesterday during our search, one bone fragment was found. It was found at the neighbor's property at 15:40 p.m. It was a small bone fragment," said Sheriff's Spokesman Jimmy Lee.

Robinson says he's shocked at the revelations.

"A rapist, damn rapist was smiling in my face all this time," said Robinson.

http://wcco.com/national/jaycee.lee.dugard.2.1153753.html

Robinson told CBS Station KPIX correspondent Anna Duckworth he thinks, before he moved in 3 years ago, that Garrido kept the girls there, because he noticed odd things in the house, such as doors that could only be locked from the outside, and a mattress on the living room floor.

Robinson is one of the few neighbors who saw the now-29-year-old Dugard and her daughters (now 11 and 15) peeking over the fence in recent years.

He said his girlfriend called the sheriff's department two years ago to report the known sex offender had children in his yard. The responding officer failed to discover the encampment where authorities say Dugard was kept captive.

http://cbs5.com/crime/next.door.search.2.1153094.html

Lee said that Robinson agreed to let investigators search the home and that Robinson is not considered a suspect in the case.

"He has been cooperative with law enforcement," Lee said. "He gave us consent to search the property."

Lee added that authorities were not planning on searching any other houses on that block.

"There are no other suspects in this case," he said.

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=112447161

Now, as authorities dig up his backyard, Robinson struggles to keep his emotions in check as he told his story to reporters.

Mr. DAMON ROBINSON: It's like all the things I had in my heart and my gut feelings and all that. I - it's like unraveling and it's like&#8230;

Unidentified Woman: Did you have feelings, the intuition before that something a little shady was going on?

Mr. ROBINSON: No doubt, no doubt, no doubt&#8230;

anthro... great point about them taking his computer. I remember that seemed odd since he wasn't suspicious himself. Good work on the research! I'll read more on it tomorrow.

I'm a little fuzzy on the timeline as far as when the old guy moved out. I guess the house was just vacant for part of 2006.

I still think Garrido was fooling with his GPS too. They must still have all that data though so that is going to reveal a lot?

I'm a little fuzzy on the timeline as far as when the old guy moved out. I guess the house was just vacant for part of 2006.

I still think Garrido was fooling with his GPS too. They must still have all that data though so that is going to reveal a lot?

My next step is going to be to shift through the thread on the old guy. IIRC there was a lot of good info there about the property and dates dug up by WSers.

BBM throughout. Many thanks to the original posters.

Originally posted by MBK:

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...topicId=100020825&docId=l:1031289445&start=18

Magdalena Miller, who owns the property next door, said she was "shocked" at the developments at the home she bought from her ex-husband, Delbert "Jack" Medeiros.

Medeiros was forced by a medical condition to move to a nursing home in 2005, and Garrido moved in to act as a caretaker, she said.

"I talked to him on the phone a couple of times," Miller said of Garrido, adding she had no idea he was a registered sex offender. "He said his kids were helping him clean the house."

Post by MBK showing the transfer date of 9/13/2005 for the property
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4227601&postcount=20"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elderly Man Broke After Friendship With Garrido[/ame]

Article about the Sheltons originally posted by JusticeForVictims
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpid=319&show=archivedetails&ArchiveID=1423162&om=1

Mike and Glenda lived next door to Garrido on Walnut Ave. in Antioch, Ca. from 1996 through 1998...Both of the Sheltons have met and talked to Garrido but they both describe him as being &#8220;weird&#8221;. Mike stated that you could tell there was something funny about him because he was always real defensive. He didn&#8217;t want anybody to go near the yard and nobody was allowed behind the gate. Mike recalls one time the lock on the gate was broken and Garrido appeared to be almost in a panic until it was fixed.

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip&#8217;s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back