Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be beneficial for you, if you went back and read all the doc dumps in the day by day "sticky" posts re: documents released by LE. I'm not being sarcastic, it would help one understand why a lot of posters/me aren't debating some of your posts -
I am glad you are on here and don't mean in anyway that you should stop posting your opinion

Thank you for your input. I have read as much as anyone else though. Im in here everyday reading the docs. I save the post for at night. It is okay if posters dont respond. I only want to debate with posters that are kind and respectful. You will note that i usually respond to kindness.

I went to the bug thread and found nothing of substance. Yes many people are in there thanking muzikman for all he does. I do to. He works so hard.

There is only about 10 percent post in these threads that have anything of substance. I only want to debate substance, not attitude. I am not here to be liked, I am here to get info. sorry this is off topic

TakeNote- looking over the hair sample report. How much information are you wanting me to give you about it? Do you want me to explain what LC-MS is, their method, the chromatographs, etc? Or do you want me to interpret/explain their results? Both? Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll try.

Well, I (for one) will be grateful for anything you offer. I would like to know the methodology and your interpretation of the results. Thanks so much! :)

~*

I'll do my best...sorry if I didn't make much sense earlier.

The info I posted in regard to is not a recipe for making some type of product that contains testosterone, methanol, ethanol, and chloroform. It is an analytical procedure that has been designed to determine whether or not testosterone and/or it's metabolites are found in a topical hair treatment (if I remember correctly).
Analytical chemistry can be divided into two parts, qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis. Qualitative answers the question "What is it?" and quantitative answers the question "How much?". For example, if you find a plastic baggie full of a white solid but don't know what it is you can do some qualitative testing to try and find out. You could smell it, taste it, snort it (kidding...LOL), test for flammability, see if it dissolves in water, etc. and then compare your results what you'd expect to observe when testing a white solid of a known identity (sugar, for example). So ir you tasted the unknown white powder and it was sweet...tasted exactly like sugar...you would have qualitatively analyzed the white powder because you answered the question "what is it?". If you wanted to know how much of the sugar was in the baggie you would do quantitative analysis. Most simple example would be to measure the amount of sugar you found inside the baggie. However, in a more complicated example (two-component mixture) the unknown white solid might really consist of both flour and sugar. Then you would have to figure out a way to separate the flour from the sugar before determining "how much" of each solid was in the bag. You could add warm water to the powder to dissolve the sugar and then filter the solution. When you filter, the sugar (which is dissolved in the water) will pass through your filter paper and the flour (which was not dissolved in the water) will not. Once you've successfully separated the two solids, you can allow the water to evaporate completely and can figure out "how much" of each solid was in the bag. You've quantitatively analyzed for sugar and flour after separating the two.
Think of this testosterone containing product as being the same as the flour-sugar mixture. Just like we knew that our unknown solid contained sugar, the person working with this product knew that it contained testosterone and they needed to separate the testosterone from the other ingredients before they could find out how much there was. The ethanol they used was just like our water and the chloroform:methanol mixture was like our filter paper. The difference is that they used the chemical properties of the methanol:chloroform mixture to "trap" one component and not the others instead of using a real physical barrier like a filter paper.
I hope this helps. If not I'll keep trying till I make some sense! :) Sorry if I've been confusing.

Thank you---I actually understand! moo

GA and CA better hope Casey didn't take the syringe from the house to where it gets traced back to them having contact with it at some time or IMHO that would make them the next target to throw under the defense bus.

TakeNote- looking over the hair sample report. How much information are you wanting me to give you about it? Do you want me to explain what LC-MS is, their method, the chromatographs, etc? Or do you want me to interpret/explain their results? Both? Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll try.
I know it would all be helpful to know. TIA

This is all very interesting but I'm thinking this is something Casey did without Cindy's knowledge. She (KC) did show up at Cindy's workplace fairly often and could have stolen the syringe out of the medical trash that would have been at the office. I'm assuming the nurses who went out on call had to account for their use of materials and probably brought them back to Gentiva. If KC knew about it or saw it, she might have snarfed it right there.

Perhaps someone who works in that field might know something about how home nurses dispose of their medical waste.

~*

Ohhhhh...that is a good scenario also! I was thinking of her stealing a new needle from Gentiva but I hadn't considered her taking a dirty one from the office, although I can't see them really leaving dirty needles laying around as most of these places have sharps containers everywhere (no disrespect, just thinking) but this is all a very good possibility if she were to distract Cindy as one of the nurses was just coming in and another scenario that would mean that the needle wasn't George's. That was my point of that ramble, sorry if I am not making sense. I have a wisdom tooth that is going next week and am doped on the gills on Vicoden right now, but this is the first exciting news in a while and I can't make myself go to bed, lol!

Huh??? There is no way this could happen. When is chloroform used in preserving food for refrigeration?

Not to sound ignorant (even though I am which would make sounding that way logical), is it possible that freon would break down that way? Not likely.. but maybe?

~*

I think chloroform is also used in preserving food for refrigeration. So, if you had a bag of oscar mayer pork or tyson chicken in your trunk, I suppose the juice left over in the bag could break down to coffin wax and produce coffin flies and l believe also that animal decomp produces chloroform.
'Oh i'd love to be an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what i'd truly lo... cough, sputter, cough, cough:Banane39:

To be fair. Me neither. Just a theory. So, because it is only my theory...I can't claim I have evidence to support it. So I wouldn't. It was just a thought as to how (assuming the syringe/bottle/contents of) KC could have killed Caylee. Assuming she killed her. My best guess is, KC did it and with malice and some premeditation.

I always wanted to believe it was like a lot of other people thought...drugged her to quiet her...just wanted her to sleep...maybe just got really angry and killed her in a fit of passion...but if the syringe and bottle/contents of can be linked conclusively to KC...then for me, I can't speak for others, that just really blows me away. I never expected that the bottle would mean anything. As the place is a popular dump site for all kinds of people...but if it does and can be linked than it is pretty damaging. That along with the dead baby...not squirrels in KC's trunk. Pretty scary actually.

The defense filed a motion to dismiss. The prosecution responded by releasing new evidence that ties the syringe to Casey and that places Casey at the site of Caylee's remains.

Opps, the second sentence contained an error. It should read: the prosecution responded by releasing new evidence that aids the defense.

(The D.A.'s office needs a new courtroom tactician.)

Can you provide a link please? :waitasec:

I have been reading a lot on wikipedia, dont laugh. There is a lot of info out there. Much of human decomp is much the same a animal decomp. Makes sense, we are animals. Coffin wax is not just produced by humans.

I have to be careful about going off topic here. I appolgize for that. Ask me a question about the topic and I will respond. thanks

Thank you for your input. I have read as much as anyone else though. Im in here everyday reading the docs. I save the post for at night. It is okay if posters dont respond. I only want to debate with posters that are kind and respectful. You will note that i usually respond to kindness.

I went to the bug thread and found nothing of substance. Yes many people are in there thanking muzikman for all he does. I do to. He works so hard.

There is only about 10 percent post in these threads that have anything of substance. I only want to debate substance, not attitude. I am not here to be liked, I am here to get info. sorry this is off topic

Well, the fact that Neal Haskell is able to narrow down time frames based on reputable forensic entomology and dovetail w/ the air samples the amount of time that Caylee was in the trunk.....and then just for fun......had his report peer reviewed by board certified entomology experts.......that seems like a lot of substance to me. But, that's just me.

As for the 90% of posts that offer you no substance? Really. That 90% may not align w/ your opinions, but they have plenty of substance.

Hey JWG!
Sooooo glad to see you!!!
:bow: :wave:

Thank you---I actually understand! moo

YAY! I'm so glad i was able to help! Thanks for letting me know...I always worry that my explanations don't make any sense. Now I'm excited, cause I actually DO make a little sense....just in a long, rambling kinda way! :woohoo:

'Oh i'd love to be an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what i'd truly lo... cough, sputter, cough, cough:Banane39:

haha that is funny. I actually know that daughter of the man who wrote that song in a constest and the daughter was one of the orignal singers.

Of course I refer to those because I believe those bags were found in the white garbage bag in the trunk. And animal decomp producing chloroform.

Ohhhhh...that is a good scenario also! I was thinking of her stealing a new needle from Gentiva but I hadn't considered her taking a dirty one from the office, although I can't see them really leaving dirty needles laying around as most of these places have sharps containers everywhere (no disrespect, just thinking) but this is all a very good possibility if she were to distract Cindy as one of the nurses was just coming in and another scenario that would mean that the needle wasn't George's. That was my point of that ramble, sorry if I am not making sense. I have a wisdom tooth that is going next week and am doped on the gills on Vicoden right now, but this is the first exciting news in a while and I can't make myself go to bed, lol!

Good luck with that tooth! I'm in the midst of dental work right now, too.. and, yikes, even though the end result is wonderful - getting there can be painful. LOL

On to your topic, it just doesn't make sense that George or Cindy would be taking testosterone. They are both in their 50s which would be a bit young for that. (I am 58, have gone through The Change and have never had a doctor suggest that I take testosterone. I wouldn't consider it unless I wanted to lower my voice and grow a beard!) Somehow the idea of KC distracting Cindy or waiting until Cindy was busy with something to check out what's available and then incorporate it into her plan sounds very Casey-like. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed.. but she's sly! :)

~*

The defense filed a motion to dismiss. The prosecution responded by releasing new evidence that ties the syringe to Casey and that places Casey at the site of Caylee's remains.

Opps, the second sentence contained an error. It should read: the prosecution responded by releasing new evidence that aids the defense.

(The D.A.'s office needs a new courtroom tactician.)

Correction: The press made a request for the above information that was released to the defense a month ago. The same information. They have sat on for a month, the defense, what was released today.

So in that sense, the reason the Defense can't defend their client, apart from the obvious (her entire story is a complete fabrication and sux) is because they want what keeps trickling out of the SA's office. To wit: They would love to know if KC's prints are on that syringe or can be conclusively connected to the bottle/syringe/contents so they can figure out what yarn they are going to spin next.

May I suggest the defense claim MC Hammer did it? It can't be anymore ludicrous than wanting their day in court and not filing for a speedy trial. Not wanting the people of Florida to be saturated with stuff...and yet fighting against a gag order. And the most obsurd of all...Zanny the Nanny. The rich super hot nanny who babysat for free...and who has the power to remove phone numbers from phone records. Cuz KC is so important to the future of our country the entire state of Florida has got to make sure that hard working, smart, degreed girl stays behind bars. LOL.

I think chloroform is also used in preserving food for refrigeration. So, if you had a bag of oscar mayer pork or tyson chicken in your trunk, I suppose the juice left over in the bag could break down to coffin wax and produce coffin flies and l believe also that animal decomp produces chloroform.

Not a chance this could happen. The pork or chicken you speak of is a "processsed" food. It has been prepped with additives and preservatives and will not decompose in the manner in which a recently deceased human with aerobic/anaerobic oxygen consumption.

Processed meat will not produce coffin wax nor coffin flies. I'll concede the "meat" will go bad and probably not look very appetizing and maybe even smell bad. But will not reproduce the similar characteristics of human decomposition. JMO

I don't want to get into any trouble for being too OT and the response I'm going to have to put together about the benzodiazepines in the bulk hair sample is probably going to get really long (there is just a lot of info to cover)...so I'm wondering if you guys can give me some advice on where to post it?? TIA, everyone!

haha that is funny. I actually know that daughter of the man who wrote that song in a constest and the daughter was one of the orignal singers.

Of course I refer to those because I believe those bags were found in the white garbage bag in the trunk. And animal decomp producing chloroform.
Sorry, couldn't resist.. but seriously now, why the heck would anyone preserve food with Chloroform?? Where did you find that lil' nugget?

From your above post, can we please "debate substance" on this subject?

I have never read nor heard of food preservation containing chloroform? Please enlighten me/us. Do you have a link for this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici