GUILTY VA - John Allen Muhammad, sniper murders in VA, MD, 2002 *Lee Boyd Malvo re-sentence granted 2022*

I am glad this time has arrived for the victims, however very sad for his children. They are older now and I believe they understand why, but couldn't imagine being in their shoes. God Bless his children and the victims.

Thank God and not a moment to soon. We should carry out all executions this quickly once we are sure it is deserved...another one bites the dust and good-bye.

Blessings to the families of the victims.

yes, this case it a little too close to home
my parents live in rockville md
my stepson lived in hagerstown

i live 500 miles away, i was glued to the tv everyday begging them all to stay inside

VA gov just put forth the verdict on Muhammad's last quest to be saved from execution: DENIED! Execution on schedule, for tonight...

yes, this case it a little too close to home
my parents live in rockville md
my stepson lived in hagerstown

i live 500 miles away, i was glued to the tv everyday begging them all to stay inside

Those 3 weeks were awful. About everyone was afraid to go outside... I hated when J had to go out to go to work... and when they shot the kid going into his school, I honestly hated sending my daughter to school. I knew we were dealing with monsters, when it was all going on, but when they shot that child, it took it to a level of evil that I had never fathomed... :(

Muhammad's execution is a justice of sorts, IMO...

Wow, they don't play around in Virginia!

7 years is about the time most spend on death row in VA. Boggles my mind why people from other states come here and commit crimes.
http://mobile.newspost.com/displayNews.htm?storyID=97599.
I served this man dinner. He was parked next to my car as I walked out I pointed at the busted out lock.
I worked next to the gas station where the man traveling from philly was shot and killed ,I looked at the crime scence tape for days. I was horrified as I saw The news live and knew my mom was 50 feet from all of this. I watched the ATF land a helicpoter in the parking lot behind the gas station. As all of this is going on Mohommad watched from his howard johnsons hotel room. The placed I worked made Time Life photos of the year that year and my silhouette is in the reflection of the windows. It was a very sad scene.It put fear into everyone who had to drive on the interstate.

I have heard the first hand account of the fear that was in the witness as he ran into our store in complete shock and fear. Shaking and yelling for everyone to get down as the man 1 foot from him was shot and killed.
I hope All the families are able to find peace in the wake of his death. I know Virginia will.

D.C.-area sniper set to be executed tonight

RICHMOND, Va. - Gov. Tim Kaine denied clemency Tuesday for sniper John Allen Muhammad, clearing the way for him to be executed for the attacks that terrorized the nation's capital region for three weeks in 2002.

Muhammad is set to die by injection Tuesday night at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt. His attorneys had asked Kaine to commute his sentence to life in prison because they say he is mentally ill. The U.S. Supreme Court turned down his final appeal.

"I find no compelling reason to set aside the sentence that was recommended by the jury and then imposed and affirmed by the courts," Kaine, who is known for carefully considering death penalty cases, said in a statement. "Accordingly, I decline to intervene."

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33827106/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I am proud to live in Virginia. Glad the Commonwealth is swift.
But at the same time....... I am Praying for his family.....esp his children. May God be with them.

My co-worker came into my office and said the same thing I posted yesterday. He said he was against the DP but wasn't going to lose any sleep over Muhammad tonight.

I'm with ya, peace gurl, I feel for his kids. They are innocent and don't deserve this pain.

Yes! You should have seen me trotting across the parking lot at Home Depot resisting the urge to zig zag so I wouldn't be an easy target.

Me three. I was always fighting the urge to duck down and run zig zag. I also jumped at the slightest noise when pumping gas.

I felt so sorry for the people in that area when this terrifying stalking and killing was going on.

How could anyone have a conscience and do what he did, in addition to training some one vulnerable to do it with him.

Good riddance to him!

And he said he was framed, that he was innocent. They should use duct tape on his mouth to prevent further victimizing the families of the murdered.

"The three-week killing spree in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., was carried out with a teenage accomplice who is serving life in prison without parole. Muhammad, 48, was to die by injection at 9 p.m. after he exhausted his court appeals and Gov. Tim Kaine denied clemency."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091111/ap_on_re_us/us_sniper_execution

Less than an hour to go. My prayers are with the victims' families, especially Mr. Meyer's who will be there witnessing the execution.

CNN (Larry King Live) will have coverage tonight at 9pm ET.

How do you feel when you know you're going to die in a half hour?

His victims didn't get to say goodbye to their families. Did he?

How do you feel when you know you're going to die in a half hour?

His victims didn't get to say goodbye to their families. Did he?

I don't think he cares. I heard he said he had no regrets. Probably thinks he'll get his 72 virgins upon death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro
Back