MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about cadaver dogs being brought in... :(

Oh My God. This is just terrible. Terrible.

I hope with all my heart and soul that police agencies have learned valuable lessons from the sex abuse abuses of the mid to late eighties.

What was done to the innocent people in those cases is inexcusable.

11 agencies makes me pause and think they got it right this time but if we find out that, once again, it was a witch hunt then I will lose my faith in the police for quite sometime.

I can tell you that I know my first post on this thread is well, of very strong opinion on this matter, given I don't have all the facts yet.
With that being said I highly doubt that LE's months of investigation and all task forces involved would go to all this trouble and expenses if they did not have evidence to support it.
I am highly tired of getting on here at WS or watching the news only to see that more and more children disappear or are being sexually abused in some form or another. The penalties for such acts in MOO are to lax and if someone knew they would be hung for doing such things to our children they would perhaps think twice.
I am truly sorry if I offend anyone here with my postion, but something more drastic needs to take place to keep sickos from preying on our children...jmho of course.

I need to come clean about something. I am very sorry if I seemed a bit "aggressive" last night with my posts and research on this case.

This type of case is what I've been waiting for and praying for for eleven years concerning our children's abuse. I only hope I live long enough to see it happen. I know in my heart and I've been assured by numerous players in various LE agencies that something similar to this arrest could possibly occur in our state. As I said, I can only hope.

So, if I seem a little obsessed, I am, but I apologize. Eleven years is a LONG time to wait for answers and closure. I sometimes forget about the total confidentiality afforded to the victims as our family was not allowed that. Our family profile, children's names and address were readily available to anyone interested. Our family had to trudge through the media morass with our heads held high.

Please remember, though, that my thoughts are with the victims and the uninvolved family members. This is a living hell but it's better than the alternative--silence.

I will attempt to curb my enthusiasm.

Do you have a link, Texas Mist?

On another note - 5 offenders? Wouldn't you think at least one of them had continued to offend over these past 10-14 years? Is it reasonable to think that all 5 abused and then stopped? Given what we know about sex offenders?

Where are the other victims? If there are other victims, will they be encouraged and supported to speak out now that this is coming to light? I sincerely hope if there are other victims, that LE hears from them.

Salem

all I have so far is what was posted in a message @ NBCActionNews.com.

I'm still looking for a link to the live feed.

ETA: presser time changed

1PM news conference (previously set for noon) is scheduled to announce new details in this case. You can watch it LIVE right here on NBCActionNews.com.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/conten...-Child-Sex-Crimes/J2HnoKadY0KqSu6zgFaFdw.cspx

still looking for the live feed

I can tell you that I know my first post on this thread is well, of very strong opinion on this matter, given I don't have all the facts yet.
With that being said I highly doubt that LE's months of investigation and all task forces involved would go to all this trouble and expenses if they did not have evidence to support it.
I am highly tired of getting on here at WS or watching the news only to see that more and more children disappear or are being sexually abused in some form or another. The penalties for such acts in MOO are to lax and if someone knew they would be hung for doing such things to our children they would perhaps think twice.
I am truly sorry if I offend anyone here with my postion, but something more drastic needs to take place to keep sickos from preying on our children...jmho of course.

mysticrose - you are entitled to your opinion and in this case, imo, a strong opinion at that! If what is being reported is true, these men are POSs and need to be brought to justice. Your opinion was my first reaction as my jaw fell to the floor.

And I do agree - 11 agencies, to me, means there is definitely something going on. And bringing in cadaver dogs and the reporting of graphics. This is a very distrubing case.

You did NOT offend me in anyway and I agree with you and your outrage 100% as I wait for more info on what is actually happening. I do have some questions that I hope LE will answer.

(((mysticrose)))

Salem

I think that law enforcement learned many valuable lessons after the disgusting fiasco of the Satanic ritual abuse trials. I am fairly confident that they (LE) have checked and re-checked the victim's(s') stories to ensure that the incriminating information provided was based on fact and not some imagined scenario. Given that these allegations are in reference to actions that are decades old, the standard for vetting credibility is very high. These arrests were not made on a whim.

As a member of the public and a rape survivor myself (at the hands of a step-father, and an uncle, as well), I feel it is my right to make judgments against an alleged child molester--it is my Constitutional right to be able to voice my opinion. If I had not moved a year and a half ago, it is very possible that I could have been called to jury duty as I lived in one of the cities mentioned. As I will not be called to sit on a jury listening to any of the allegations against these men, I can say what I want against them--after all it is my opinion.

Decades old allegations of child molestation indicates to me that this has been an on-going and long-term behavioral pattern. We are all aware that there is no cure for sexual predators and/or child molesters, and in my humble opinion, they have no right to be breathing the same air as I do. Each and every one of these men, if and when convicted of these charges, should be put to death, thereby eliminating the possibility, and extreme high probability, of re-offending.

I understand that family members and friends are probably in shock and disbelief at these allegations. This causes us to become introspective and begin to question the very fabric of our beings--how could we trust someone who could do such despicable things, and especially to an innocent child.

Well, these molesters are conniving and manipulative, that's how. They are deceptive and cunning--that is how they attain their victims and how they are able to keep their atrocities secret for so long. Secretiveness is one of the main cornerstones of a "successful" child molester. If confronted by a victim, they can make the victim believe that they, the victim, are either not credible, or that the incident never even happened. Believe me, I have lived it--I saw the games and manipulation first-hand.

For those who do not wish to believe that their loved ones could be involved in such activities, I will pray that you find strength to endure the next several months. It is going to be a difficult time for you, and especially if you choose to attend any court proceedings.

What these men have been accused of is not pretty and to hear it spelled out in a court of law is akin to watching a horror film, except the people spelling it out are not actors and the actions are not make believe--they are real people and real actions. If these cases go to trial and these people are found guilty of the allegations, I will also pray that you are able to not question yourself and/or your trust in people for not seeing what was happening.

Sadly, I fear that many dozens of people are going to be shocked, hurt and saddened once the details of the alleged crimes come out in court. Child molestation that is outted has many more victims than just the child(children) involved. Extended family and friends, business associates, and even just casual acquaintances, all become victims of these monsters.

As for me--give me a $0.15 bullet and I will put these monsters out of my mind--they deserve nothing less.

I just read about cadaver dogs being brought in... :(

Yep something more is going on here besides the child sex crimes.

Is this going to be where LE shows up for one offense and then finds out something more was going on there? Like LE finally showed up in the Cleveland case on an allegation of rape only to find a killing field.

imo

I would just like to say - apologies for being horrified by this story are just NOT necessary! Speaking your mind is a good thing, especially in such awful cases.

There are a lot of reasons to suspect/believe that these POSs committed these crimes - 11 agencies involved, cadaver dogs being used, possibe graphics to name a few.

Salem

One of the great strengths of WS is that it allows for an expression of our outrage. That's healthy.

But "eleven agencies" and "cadaver dogs" do not a guilty verdict make.

One of the great strengths of WS is that it allows for an expression of our outrage. That's healthy.

But "eleven agencies" and "cadaver dogs" do not a guilty verdict make.

WS is a discussion forum and with that comes opinions.

Comment section is interesting....

***************************************************************************************

Five Arrested in Missouri Child Sex Investigation - WDAF

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox4kc/T9PFUFKS9DU4OT0S7

It's interesting to see people that claim to know the family is posting on both sides of the fence. Usually it's one side or the other.

IDK, I think in situations like this many people think if they didn't see it and it didn't happen to them it didn't happen at all.

It's interesting to see people that claim to know the family is posting on both sides of the fence. Usually it's one side or the other.

IDK, I think in situations like this many people think if they didn't see it and it didn't happen to them it didn't happen at all.

It's interesting that several reference "allegations (made) in the '80s" regarding this matter.

Hmmmm, chatter post indicates that the property in Bates was sold ten years ago and the family no longer lives there. Is this where the cadaver dogs are searching?

I can see LE erring on the side of caution and searching with cadaver dogs where the perps currently live. But to go back to property owned ten years ago, tells me LE has specific info.

Graphic Report Alleges Bestiality In Child Sex Investigation
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-child-rape-investigation-111009,0,5984653.story

The probable cause from the Lafayette County Prosecutors states that a female relative of the five men was forced to have sex with a dog.

A 26-year-old relative of the men told police that she was abused at least eight times and was forced to watch abuse a ninth time on her brother. The probable cause also stated that the female relative was forced to have an abortion at age 11 and was also forced to "marry" her relative, David Mohler.

The woman told detectives that the father and son, plus the other three brothers were all part of an incident where they used a family pet, a German shepherd, to sexually abuse her.

The woman told police that she supressed many memories of abuse against her, and her siblings: a boy and five girls.

Police were searching for bodies on a stretch of farm property in Lafayette County, Mo. outside of Bates City with cadaver dogs on Tuesday.

This doesn't sound like it's something just contrived by a disgruntled acquaintance or ex. You're right, suziq, they have something specific in mind. We should find out a bit more soon.

Rumor of a crime in the 80's, which IF just rape or molestation would most likely be past the limitation of time. So, it seems it's MORE than JUST rape or molestation.

Involves 'cyber division' think computer
Cadavar dogs, think murder.

Time will tell,
JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors