MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was afraid of some kind of "spiritual marriage" allegation when I read the very first link...oh my.

I have seen the results of organized victimization along these lines-I do not know if it is rare, but I know for sure it is hard to believe. Repressed memories were not part of the issue with the situation I knew of, so I guess we will see where this all goes....in the situation I knew of the very very brave now woman obtained convictions against her perps. The statute of limitations had run out on the other victims in her case.

I had a feeling this was going to get a whole lot worse than what it originally sounded like.

:(

Lord help me. Here we go again with the dogs!! I just got a call from our local LE asking if I'd seen this case. They mentioned that it seemed "awfully familiar". Too familiar.

It's been mentioned that there was a "sham" marriage. Did anyone have anything to add about Graceland University and the Community of Christ, formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS)? I am Christian but I've never heard of this church. I find the connection with the Book of Mormon interesting. Any thoughts or insight?

We had a case of familial sex abuse in Central Oregon a few years ago which involved an adoptive family who moved here from another state. They were also members of this church and held "marriages" before the children would be raped. LE even found the dresses that the little girls wore. The mother just stood by and allowed the abuse to occur. Thank goodness, one victim ran and alerted authorities.

Community of Christ (RLDS) headquarters are in Independence MO, home of two of the arrestees here.

I always thought that beastiality(sp?) thing was a made-up term. I didn't realize it was REAL!

OhMyGoodness,
WTH?

:mad:
fran

Graceland University is a perfectly legitimate, Tier Three, non-sectarian liberal arts institution affiliated with Community of Christ, with campuses in Lamoni IA and Independence MO.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graceland_University[/ame]

<snip>

Corporal Bill Lowe of the highway patrol said one of the victims, a daughter of one of the accused, came forward to investigators in mid-August and that her siblings are cooperating.

Lowe said the victims allegedly buried glass jars around the property, filled with messages "about what was happening to them."

Lowe would not elaborate further.

A 1 p.m. news conference has been scheduled by the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office. Watch it live on KMBC.com.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21584928/detail.html

There is a chance that all 11 agencies are dead wrong.
There is a chance that there are no victims that are not mistaken or lying.
There is a chance that LE is willing to go public with allegations of this magnitude without solid physical proof of wrongdoing.
There is a chance that if I step off the roof of my home, I won't break anything when I land.
But, I err on the side of the chance that I would break a bone, the same as I err on the side that these people are guilty. I am a member of a faceless mass known as that American public. Us faceless members of the public are held by the Constitution that if we are ever involved in the administration of justice that we will consider a person innocent until we have proof of guilt. However, the very same piece of paper gives me the right to express my personal opinion. In my personal opinion, 11 agencies and cadaver dogs are enough to show that something bad has happened.

Supressed memories, and add stories about glass jars being hidden on the property seems a bit off. Weigh that against 6 people coming forward with abuse tales also.

I think I need more info to get off the fence I'm sitting on.

OhMyGosh!

The grandfather started sleeping with his granddaughters (they took turns) after the grandmother died.

This is sick!

:furious:
JMHO
fran

Supressed memories, and add stories about glass jars being hidden on the property seems a bit off. Weigh that against 6 people coming forward with abuse tales also.

I think I need more info to get off the fence I'm sitting on.

It would have been nice if they'd found the {proof} before releasing everyone's name.

We'll just have to wait, but, it doesn't look good.

JMHO
fra

It looks like the children abused are coming together to take a stand and working with LE, god give them strength. I wonder if the victims will be brought to the property in hopes they can remember where they buried their jars...I hope they find what they are looking for today.

<snip>

Corporal Bill Lowe of the highway patrol said one of the victims, a daughter of one of the accused, came forward to investigators in mid-August and that her siblings are cooperating.

Lowe said the victims allegedly buried glass jars around the property, filled with messages "about what was happening to them."

Lowe would not elaborate further.

A 1 p.m. news conference has been scheduled by the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office. Watch it live on KMBC.com.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21584928/detail.html

Oh my God. I was a little suspicious until this statement. As a survivor, I recognize this, and can't imagine that any healthy child would think to do this. Only a very traumatized and terrified child would do this.
I hope all the kids get the help they need.

Okay, now I am a bit confused. Are the cadaver dogs being used to sniff out bodies or to try and find the glass jar? Why would they need dogs to find the jar if they buried it? I know it was a long time ago but you would think between all the victims that are cooperating, someone would remember where they put it, right?

I would just like to say - apologies for being horrified by this story are just NOT necessary! Speaking your mind is a good thing, especially in such awful cases.

There are a lot of reasons to suspect/believe that these POSs committed these crimes - 11 agencies involved, cadaver dogs being used, possibe graphics to name a few.

Salem

Cadaver dogs being brought in AFTER the suspects were arrested.
I checked casenet and Burrell JR is the only one with a significant history and he's been married 4 times according to the last marriage license issued in Jackson County.
http://records.co.jackson.mo.us/search.asp?cabinet=marriage

There are records for the others also, including Roland.

Based on the fact that they were married by an elder in the RLDS church, it appears they are Mormon.

I don't know why, but this really surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu