NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe that I actually looked at McNeill and didn't see it. I didn't see rapist or murderer...and I should have. I'll be the first one that says, I should have seen it. I should not have allowed myself to believe for one minute that he was doing anything other than what he appeared to be doing...
I'm an idiot, and even in the limited capacity that we have to get involved here, I should have never believed in him. But I did, and I can't change it.
I'm sorry for everyone that had faith that I was right and especially sorry to Shaniya's memory that I couldn't see what should have been blatantly obvious.

I think Shaniya's abduction and death is so painful for those of us who followed it because we saw this beautiful little child in those surveillance photos shortly before her murder. To me she looked as if she was politely holding onto him with her left hand and was making an effort to keep her knees together. She seemed dazed. Such an innocent, good, lovely child.

I think you couldn't see it in him because it's hard for all of us to look at a person and think they'd do something unthinkably horrific to an innocent child. Surely they don't calmly and carefully carry them to torture? All the while being able to pass themselves off as a caring adult? They must look like the murderer of our worst nightmares full of rage and lust.

He looked benign. And he committed the worst crime a human can commit.

It's very possible dear Shaniya was killed 'by mistake'. What I mean is, the man/men violating her might have put a hand over her mouth to stop her screams being heard and that would be enough to asphyxiate her, quite possibly.

Vile and unbelievable as it may sound, the perpetrators might easily have gotten away with the rape - they did in my case - so there was "no need" to kill her. It's not as if her mom would have reported them or anything, quite clearly.

@tlcox - you are very perceptive and have a very clear idea of how this hideous cycle of abuse works! Thanks for your post.

There is part of me that cares where this began, what happened to the Creature, what happened to MAM (can't type out his name anymore). And part of me doesn't give a spit in the wind.
I was hurt as a child, horribly. My father is in prison for child molestation, my mother is a psychological mess...the list goes on. About 15 consecutive years of carp, starting at birth. And, yes, I did lash out...at me. I was the only one I hurt, with drugs, bad relationships, self-mutilation...still all aimed at myself.
Even if it's true that we are all recycling pain, just sending it down the line, expressing what was done to us, good people choose to stop. They just let it go, and stop handing it on down the line.
Nothing that could have been done to either of the perps could justify this.

I'm having a helluva time time finding a link for the latest presser.

Does anyone have one handy? For some reason I keep only getting the older ones.

I recorded the presser from last night and uploaded it to my YouTube account. Also, the entire presser is in Part 1 of Nancy's Show from last night.

Click on my siggie to get to the videos.

It's very possible dear Shaniya was killed 'by mistake'. What I mean is, the man/men violating her might have put a hand over her mouth to stop her screams being heard and that would be enough to asphyxiate her, quite possibly.

Vile and unbelievable as it may sound, the perpetrators might easily have gotten away with the rape - they did in my case - so there was "no need" to kill her. It's not as if her mom would have reported them or anything, quite clearly.

Yes--that's exactly what I was trying to say. Mario wasn't afraid of being seen/filmed because he didn't think any crime would be reported. Sort of like the proverbial tree falling in the forest--you know--does it make a sound when it falls if there's no one around to hear it? Mario was thinking, "I'm not committing a crime because no one is going to report it."

I just can't believe that I actually looked at McNeill and didn't see it. I didn't see rapist or murderer...and I should have.

Evil can hide in the disguise of a lamb. Don't feel badly that you didn't immediately recognize it. Many can't.

Could it be that AD hasn't had a murder charge ammended to her yet because the SA maybe couldn't convict her because of the 'intent' to committ murder? I'd like to string her up myself mind you because I think that the minute she turned that child over to be a sexual plaything that child's fate was sealed, but one never knows with charges and degrees of charges. I think they'll eventually settle on some 'contributing' manslaughter for her.

PLeAse give this case a forum. No need to repost the reason thanks, we have all it seen it posted several times over 18 threads. This is getting ridiculous now... we cannot keep track of information.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4453677&postcount=377"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14[/ame]

@tlcox - you are very perceptive and have a very clear idea of how this hideous cycle of abuse works! Thanks for your post.

One survivor to another, head up, walk tall, speak loudly. If we all do it, someone will hear and change can come.

There is part of me that cares where this began, what happened to the Creature, what happened to MAM (can't type out his name anymore). And part of me doesn't give a spit in the wind.
I was hurt as a child, horribly. My father is in prison for child molestation, my mother is a psychological mess...the list goes on. About 15 consecutive years of carp, starting at birth. And, yes, I did lash out...at me. I was the only one I hurt, with drugs, bad relationships, self-mutilation...still all aimed at myself.
Even if it's true that we are all recycling pain, just sending it down the line, expressing what was done to us, good people choose to stop. They just let it go, and stop handing it on down the line.
Nothing that could have been done to either of the perps could justify this.

There is NO justification except those manufactured by sick minds of the perpetrators. I am glad to see you came through that to be the together, articulate, caring individual you are. Those of us who process such experiences and come out stronger rather than broken need to be the voices for the ones who never recover, who never feel whole. {{hugs to you}}

By discussing how the cycle perpetuate I am by no means excusing, justifying, or explaining these POSs behavior. There is NEVER an excuse. You are exactly right, sadly more adults have experienced abuse as a child than you can shake a stick at, but bottom line, there comes apoint in everyone's life where they need to put on their big kid pants and move through life.

Why did he take her to where there is a camera?
What if he just took her back in the room again where there is no camera.:waitasec: Just thinking that he could have walked her past a camera for his own reasons.

I would venture to say it was for the same reason he left children's clothes in the back seat of his car. He probably was under the influence of drugs and wasn't on top of his "game", so to speak. Could possibly be why the smirk in the mugshot also. He thought he was being clever and had the cops fooled. Up to that point, he was having a good time with it. Sick *advertiser censored*$*: Once they found the body, the smirk seemed to disappear. I can't wait to see the court appearance today.

Evil can hide in the disguise of a lamb. Don't feel badly that you didn't immediately recognize it. Many can't.

Could it be that AD hasn't had a murder charge ammended to her yet because the SA maybe couldn't convict her because of the 'intent' to committ murder? I'd like to string her up myself mind you because I think that the minute she turned that child over to be a sexual plaything that child's fate was sealed, but one never knows with charges and degrees of charges. I think they'll eventually settle on some 'contributing' manslaughter for her.

No, I don't think so. If she knowingly handed over Shaniya with the intent to become used in sexual servitude and the end result is murder, she gets the same charge. I'm hoping that's correct anyway. She placed her child in a situation that was dangerous to begin with, she reaps what she sows.

He didn't have a previous record for any sexual crimes, right? Isn't that odd? Did he JUST become a pedophile at 29? He could possibly be the "transporter" for a bigger operation. Maybe he was taking her to someone at that hotel...

Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.
I care...Bless your heart.

Thanks for all the material you upload onto video and post for us Patty. You are a precious resource in this forum. I recently became aware of the Anthony case, a couple of weeks ago, and as a newcomer to the case, it was really a pleasure to be able to put my hands on the correct material, and follow it from the beginning right through.

Thanks for all that you do Patty.

That's not a mistake. Raping a child is never a mistake. It's a purposeful vile act which gives him a ticket straight to hell. I hope he gets raped in jail.:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

@tlcox, you have a great attitude. HUGS to you :)

A question that has just come to me: do we KNOW for sure it was Mario who raped and/or killed Shaniya? Is there DNA evidence?

I'm still not sure I'm 100% convinced. He undoubtedly was involved but I think there could be more than one perpetrator.

He didn't have a previous record for any sexual crimes, right? Isn't that odd? Did he JUST become a pedophile at 29? He could possibly be the "transporter" for a bigger operation. Maybe he was taking her to someone at that hotel...

Using drugs to get to the children of addicts...he was always in control before, and likely never killed before. He wasn't worried, no one ever told on him, except for the kids, who likely told their drug-addled parents, who didn't care. Moo.

You've raised a very good point. It's not clear whether they've linked Mario to the rape and murder by DNA evidence. I certainly haven't heard anybody state that so far.

@tlcox, you have a great attitude. HUGS to you :)

A question that has just come to me: do we KNOW for sure it was Mario who raped and/or killed Shaniya? Is there DNA evidence?

I'm still not sure I'm 100% convinced. He undoubtedly was involved but I think there could be more than one perpetrator.

Let's hope Mario is clarifying all that information for LE right now to save his own skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes