All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice about halfway through JVM's sit-down with Jose that he seemed to get a bit flustered...started with his "umms" and "uhhhs". Doubt he'll go for any more long interviews...he's only good at dancing around the questions for a max of about 30 minutes.

I also cringed when early in the show JB said his famous "quite frankly". :rolleyes:

Jane asked a few good questions, but for sure is hoping to get him on again, so didn't push too hard. Wonder what she really thinks of him. LOL!
Well it was afterall an exclusive. I only saw a little bit, but in that short time I got to see the JB smirk.

Did anyone notice about halfway through JVM's sit-down with Jose that he seemed to get a bit flustered...started with his "umms" and "uhhhs". Doubt he'll go for any more long interviews...he's only good at dancing around the questions for a max of about 30 minutes.

I also cringed when early in the show JB said his famous "quite frankly". :rolleyes:

Jane asked a few good questions, but for sure is hoping to get him on again, so didn't push too hard. Wonder what she really thinks of him. LOL!

His "Quite frankly" and George's "matter of fact" are very similar- BS alert coming up...

EXACTLY! Thank you! You made your points much more eloquently than I could have, I am so thankful. It means more from a juror than a spin-doctor (lawyer). I'll expand later, but my mentor always says you have to imagine your jury consists of PhDs. You can always explain difficult concepts later on, but no one will forget if you treat the jury like children.

Personally I think its good to remember that odds are each member of the jury know something a lot better than you do, whether it be medicine, plumbing, electricity, retail, etc.

"If you hate being talked down to at the mechanics, how do you think someone you dragged out of work to sit in a courtroom feels?"

(love your posts. btw!)
From day 1 (31) I've felt that JB has no charisma and when LKB was hired and then AL I thought it was the three stooges. This three could not buy charisma! Successful defense attorneys have "gobbs" of it. If you are defending the devil you better Have "it." OJ had a dream team b/c all of his attorneys had "it" shapiro, cochran, bailey, even kardashian...very attractive likeable men. MG in the SP case had "it" also. JB can't speak and he has no neck... what the heck happened to his neck and chin for that matter? Not a very attractive or charismatic man...no comments on LKB and AL. but not the prom queens either. the jury will not like anyone of them.
:dance:

(love your posts. btw!)
From day 1 (31) I've felt that JB has no charisma and when LKB was hired and then AL I thought it was the three stooges. This three could not buy charisma! Successful defense attorneys have "gobbs" of it. If you are defending the devil you better Have "it." OJ had a dream team b/c all of his attorneys had "it" shapiro, cochran, bailey, even kardashian...very attractive likeable men. MG in the SP case had "it" also. JB can't speak and he has no neck... what the heck happened to his neck and chin for that matter? Not a very attractive or charismatic man...no comments on LKB and AL. but not the prom queens either. the jury will not like anyone of them.

Couldn't agree more!
Jose Baez, Linda K Baden,Andrea Lyons are the BEST things that have happened (for the Prosecution) in this case.
It's Karma personified.

I Didn't watch the actual interview as, I can only tolerate Baez in "very" small doses. I did, however, watch the post interview panel discussion. JVM gave Baez the last word. I noticed he seemed flustered which ties in with my post below.

(love your posts. btw!)

Couldn't agree with you more mantee. Baez is also one who shows his emotions in his mannerisms and facial expressions. I think he knows it too.

Is it just me or did it make you nuts when JVM asked JB if the State was trying to inundate them with 10,000 pages of paperwork - like it was some kind of ruse?

I mean, hello! Discovery would have been all of 5 pages if that girl hadn't gone all Pinocchio on everybody and her parents and attorney hadn't played along. Not to mention having to depose everyone and his brother for the Spaghetti Defense.

He and her family owe her big-time for causing all the confusion because they are the only ones who benefitted from the protracted delay; the State and its taxpayers sure haven't. If she had opened her mouth he wouldn't have gotten all the Geraldo yacht trips and his Dream Team and her parents would have had to find jobs.

Not sure how I missed it the first time, but I found the email exchange between Baez and Richard Hornsby, legal analyst, surprising (link in Today's Current News)!

Baez was asking for advice from a TV news analyst right after taking this case? He should have followed the advice....

As many of those of you that follow this case minute by minute (day, month and year) know that I do not post to this forum that often. (If you have seen me elsewhere on the site :), if not disregard)

Is Baez really that inept or is he faking? I mean, I have never seen anyone behave in such a bafoonish manner. His actions as a lawyer makes him look like a "tool".

Is this real? Or is he playing like a pool shark and going to surprise us all? Serious question- I'm rarely sarcastic. Thank in advance for insight into this lawyers strategy.

~Kat~

As many of those of you that follow this case minute by minute (day, month and year) know that I do not post to this forum that often. (If you have seen me elsewhere on the site :), if not disregard)

Is Baez really that inept or is he faking? I mean, I have never seen anyone behave in such a bafoonish manner. His actions as a lawyer makes him look like a "tool".

Is this real? Or is he playing like a pool shark and going to surprise us all? Serious question- I'm rarely sarcastic. Thank in advance for insight into this lawyers strategy.

~Kat~

I think he is very talented at exploiting the situation for his own benefit.

As for representing his client, he hasn't shown any signs of talent so far in court, evidenced by a lot of snickering from other attorneys and re-doing of motions that are erroneous, incorrectly written, worded improperly or sloppily, and the fact that apparently once he got his Dream Team assembled, none of the major players have let him sit in on a deposition, much less conduct one, all by himself. He lost his last murder case, too.

~Kat~

I think he just lives by that old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh^t."

Is it just me or did it make you nuts when JVM asked JB if the State was trying to inundate them with 10,000 pages of paperwork - like it was some kind of ruse?

I mean, hello! Discovery would have been all of 5 pages if that girl hadn't gone all Pinocchio on everybody and her parents and attorney hadn't played along. Not to mention having to depose everyone and his brother for the Spaghetti Defense.

He and her family owe her big-time for causing all the confusion because they are the only ones who benefitted from the protracted delay; the State and its taxpayers sure haven't. If she had opened her mouth he wouldn't have gotten all the Geraldo yacht trips and his Dream Team and her parents would have had to find jobs.

It isn't just you - I had the same reaction. What the question should have been is, "Why are you inundating the State with baseless motions?"

Baez was on the Geraldo show Sunday night, then on the Today Show, and yesterday was on 'The Best Defense' with Jamie Floyd on TruTv. He must have already prepared for the pre-trial hearing because he has made these rounds on TV shows. He surely does not seem worried about it, even tho these pre-trial hearings are just formalities.

Now he says Casey is 100% innocent. Casey is possibly facing life in prison. You would think he would just stay in his office, shut up, and work on the defense he is going to present at trial. UNLESS there has been some sort of plea deal.

What defense? He has no defense..period.

In re: The possibility of a change of venue. I hope that the people of Orlando get to carry this trial through to the end. It takes a village and this "village" has the right to make a determination on the fate of one of their own. Caylee was in their midst. Let the fate be decided there, too.

I live about 45 minutes from the Anthony's, and I can tell you KC is better off staying in Orange County. There will be protesters all over the place if we have to pay for a COV. Since JB is stating she is innocent what does it matter where the trial takes place anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther