NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that link and clearing up the question of whether AB gave up Coe as a suspect.

But a note of caution to readers checking out this link, although the tagline at the top is dated today, November 24, 2009, this is actually just a reprint of a story run earlier last week. When you read it you will note it states that no murder charges have been filed as yet and LE are still trying to determine which jurisdiction it will fall in (news that was current last week but no longer the case).

It's an updated article. Most of the WRAL articles are the same, drives me nuts. They have 2 or 3 different dates and several stages of info, brand new details and the old stuff all thrown together. They add to it, but don't remove the old info.
That is very frustrating and makes it hard to keep up with a case.
Okay, minor rant over.

And I totally agree. My point is not with looking at him or questioning things about him.
My point is stating rumors as facts.

Kimberly125, you are a fellow Louisianian and I love more than my luggage, but people are going to have different 'takes' on every case. We all have a right to voice our opinions. I just pass over any post I don't agree with.

When I state anything you may feel is a rumor, just pass on over my post. I am not picking on BL, but I am questioning him for his decisions. Those decisions turned out to be bad ones by letting Shaniya even go to AD's to begin with because of what happened to her there. I have made no secret of the fact that I do not like BL. I think he is not accepting his part of the responsibility for Shaniya.

FWIW, I know he had nothing to do with Shaniya's death and I hope MAM and AD burn in he!!.

I can see having a lawyer. I just can't see having an entertainment lawyer from another state for representation.

I can also understand the need for an entertainment lawyer as well. Media appearances would no doubt signing contracts or agreements.

MF's areas of service:
* Banking
* Class Actions
* Construction
* Corporate Governance
* Education
* Eminent Domain
* Entertainment
* Health Care
* Hospitality Industry
* Insurance Coverage
* International Law
* Labor & Employment
* Litigation
* Product Liability
* Professional Athletics
I can see nothing else applicable. I doubt he's getting them contracts with the NBA.

well, I suppose there isn't really an official title for the area of law that covers parents of murdered children whose cases are greatly in the news right now.

LOL @ NBA contract

I know, that freaked me out. I didn't see it the first time...I was too busy rolling my own eyes when he flubbed her name.

yes and did you see how when he starts to charge her she takes a big deep breath.

:furious:

Well, we know what that means. He needs someone to handle all the money that is supposed to be coming in from the fundraisers and the 'foundation'. Notice this guy lists as an entertainment attorney. Makin' deals already?

Well, on The Early Show last week, Diena T. did send a shout out to Brad.

Somer's Mom: I'd Love to Aid Shaniya's Dad
Mother of Fla. 7-Year-Old Slain Month Ago Says She'd Gladly Help Father of N.C. 5-Year-Old Killed Last Week

~snip~

Somer Thompson's mother says she'd "love" to speak to Shaniya Davis's father, to help him in any way she can, and commiserate.

~snip~

Rodriguez then asked Diena if she's thought about reaching out to Lockhart, Davis' father, and Diena said she "actually would love to speak to Mr. Davis (Lockhart) and let him know that I know exactly what he's going through, and that I've got a shoulder for him to lean on, and I can't believe that a parent would ever be involved in hurting their own child (as authorities allege Antoinette Davis was)."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/19/earlyshow/main5708139.shtml

Anyone remember these two?

mcneill_mario_andrette-300x400.jpg

Antoinette_Nicole_Davis-600x450.jpg

Is it possible that is the attorney he uses for the lawsuits filed by his ex-in laws?
he is a litigation attorney, and while I don't think he would be qualified to represent Bl in court were any charges to arise from this case, I think he would be able to advise him in a non-official capacity. And having entertainment law experience, he would be able to advise BL on what is considered harassment by the press.

I am not defending him, but I am trying to be objective. There are some things that I can't come up with a single objective thought about, those I am keeping quiet on.

Yes, CarrieBean, I'm pretty sure we remember. But some of us would like to gather more information so that maybe they can have more charges levied against them. Particularly the one on the bottom so she doesn't get off easily.

Was entertainment the only thing listed on this man's website?
I read it earlier and there was much more than that. IIRC

Yeah....but he is also representing Somer's mom *btw both she and her bf have quit their jobs..they just had yet another "fundraiser" for the family bikers run in Jax

the lawyer is also from Florida..isn't that strange?? Can you share your insights on that??

I wonder how long it will be before the book deal....has anyone seen Larry Garrison around??? He jumped into the Anthony fray right quickly

Is it possible that is the attorney he uses for the lawsuits filed by his ex-in laws?
he is a litigation attorney, and while I don't think he would be qualified to represent Bl in court were any charges to arise from this case, I think he would be able to advise him in a non-official capacity. And having entertainment law experience, he would be able to advise BL on what is considered harassment by the press.

I am not defending him, but I am trying to be objective. There are some things that I can't come up with a single objective thought about, those I am keeping quiet on.

Why would he have been using a Florida lawyer in NC?

The state of North Carolina is reviewing what kind of contact the Cumberland County Department of Social Services had with Antoinette Davis and her children.

The announcement, made by the N.C. Child Fatality Task Force on Monday, comes a little more than a week after police arrested Davis and charged her with human trafficking and child abuse by prostitution.

Police, Davis' family members and DSS have declined to say what kind of involvement the agency had with Antoinette Davis and her family.

On Friday, the director of the Cumberland County Department of Social Services released a statement saying the release of any information about the agency's involvement with the Davis family would jeopardize the state's ability to prosecute Davis and would hurt any current or future investigation.

The Child Fatality Task Force is a division of the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, which has oversight authority over all county DSS agencies.

Last week, Jackson said her agency was assisting law enforcement in the Shaniya Davis investigation but declined to comment as to what extent.

Police also would not say what role DSS was playing in the investigation.

About 70 positions at DSS remain unfilled, Jackson told the board, and roughly 30 of those are considered critical positions by the agency.
"Most of those vacancies are in child services and food and nutrition services," Jackson said. The agency is awaiting the green light from the county manager to resume recruitment for those jobs.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/24/955012

BBM

In the interest of objectivity, the lawyers fields and expertise include:
Mike became the Florida Managing Partner for Brennan, Manna & Diamond in September 2003. Mike is experienced in litigation, arbitration, administrative proceedings and other forms of dispute resolution in a wide range of areas, including:

Banking
Class Actions
Construction
Corporate Governance
Education
Eminent Domain
Entertainment
Health Care
Hospitality Industry
Insurance Coverage
International Law
Labor & Employment
Litigation
Product Liability
Professional Athletics
In addition, Mike serves on behalf of the Firm as outside general counsel for several companies, with regular involvement in personnel matters, labor relations, contract negotiations, insurance and risk analysis, and strategic planning.

http://www.bmdllc.com/attorneys/freed.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member