NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess since BL was out of town, it is safe to say he did not formally withdraw Shaniya from school.
He stated when he left to go out of town, he told her to do good at school.
So who would have formally withdrew her???

IMO saying she was withdrawn from school does not mean somebody had to go to the school and formally withdraw her.
It could simply mean she no longer attended and she was informally withdrawn.
I've seen it several times on the preschool level as a former preschool teacher. But I would not know how K would work.

IMO, blaming a person for something is not the same as determining responsibility for an event that occurs.

For example- my kids blame each other when a mess is left on the kitchen counter and I'm not there to witness it. They do this so they won't be held responsible. *It wasn't me.* :angel:

As the parent, I determine who is responsible so THIS person cleans it up with a reminder to not do it again.

I believe as parents it is OUR responsibility to KNOW EVERY situation we are allowing our children to be placed in. IMO, Brad did not do this. And Shaniya paid the price for it. jmo

How did BL think AD was going to pay for a baby sitter while she worked her part time low paying job?

Did he know something about some other work she was doing for extra money?

If he's to be believed, he didn't know she was part time.
Not bashing, but he leaves his kids with a lot of other people...possible he saw nothing wrong with her sister or bf watching Shaniya while AD "worked".

I can't stand to look at that man. He was on one of the morning shows today and it didn't sound to me like he is taking one little ounce of blame for this baby girl being murdered. Said something about he could have done things differently..my words..then he said.."BUT" which erased everything he had just said. He also had a attorney with him...just call him "George Anthony." what do either of them need attorneys for?

He did say that as he was in his truck ready to leave Shaniya came out and stood on the sideboard and he told her to do good in school and to call him every night. Wonder how much truth there was in that! The gal from the show didn't ask him if either of them called. How could Shaniya call him...did she have her own cell phone...doubt it. The bio mother probably wasn't going to spend money on phone calls every day....that would have taken away from her drug money.

He needs an attorney because of all of the speculation and blame that is being hurled his way right now. The first person arrested is this case obviously was thrown under the bus by someone, who's to say this might not happen to ANY of the players in the tragedy in the near future.
I would have a lawyer too in this day and age where most of these cases are now under a microscope being dissected by every media outlet and internet forum out there.
That said I am going to keep my opinions of Brad or anyone on that side of the family to myself, and wait till LE and the State lay the case out.

I agree it was respectful, but I wonder why not one person has asked whether he or Aunt Carey ever spoke with Shaniya after she was dropped off?

I would like to know that as well, jamiect. Strange, strange, strange. He did basically answer the question concerning himself, tho. He made it seem as if the last time he spoke with or saw Shaniya was when he took her to Carey's house on November 2.

Sorry, but this guy just raises the hair on the back of my neck. Now HE has a lawyer - hmmm.

People of AB's financial and social status here in IL have several state and federally funded daycare options. I am not familiar with NC and what is available there but I am willing to bet something similar is available there. The look at your income and then tell you what nominal portion of the daycare fee you are responsible for and then state/federal govt. picks up the rest of the tab.

I would like to know that as well, jamiect. Strange, strange, strange. He did basically answer the question concerning himself, tho. He made it seem as if the last time he spoke with or saw Shaniya was when he took her to Carey's house on November 2.

Sorry, but this guy just raises the hair on the back of my neck. Now HE has a lawyer - hmmm.

October 2 ...

Well, I guess since BL was out of town, it is safe to say he did not formally withdraw Shaniya from school.
He stated when he left to go out of town, he told her to do good at school.
So who would have formally withdrew her???

IMO saying she was withdrawn from school does not mean somebody had to go to the school and formally withdraw her.
It could simply mean she no longer attended and she was informally withdrawn.
I've seen it several times on the preschool level as a former preschool teacher. But I would not know how K would work.

According to Aunt Carey, she was the guardian on the school records. Aunt Carey has also made claims that she only packed 2 days worth of clothes for Shaniya. Lot's of unanswered questions.

But was it a formal withdraw or did she simply stop going?
Has that been stated.
Maybe they have not said who withdrew her because nobody went to the school and said, I need to withdraw her.
Maybe AD just did not bring her.

I believe there is a statement from her teacher some place on here. Shaniya was withdrawn from school but I don't believe she said by who.

I believe there is a statement from her teacher some place on here. Shaniya was withdrawn from school but I don't believe she said by who.

It was from the principal. It doesn't say who took her out or even if she was formally withdrawn or just stopped coming.

ETA: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/
Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere.
"We have no knowledge of what the reason was for her being withdrawn from school," Morganton Road Principal Charlotte McLaurin said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562
Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten at Morganton Road Elementary School in September, said Charlotte McLaurin, the principal. She was withdrawn in October, but McLaurin did not know why. McLaurin has scheduled a meeting for Tuesday to talk to her staff about Shaniya's death. Grief counselors will be available to talk to students.

"We certainly have felt the impact of this," McLaurin said.

I'm not sure those two statements are fact. Just sayin.
And she is in Heaven because of her mother and her "friend". IMO

and her mother and "friend" would have never had this opportunity if they were not "given" it so freely

Yes I think they are rotten...if you took a pet bird to that trailer they would probably cook it and feed it to the kids so they can trade their food stamps for drugs

if you asked AD to board your dog she might sell it to an animal research facility if she had the chance..or to a dog fighter to use as "bait"

they have no morals and no souls...they are vile disgusting dregs of society

so why on earth would anyone take a precious little girl like Shaynia from her nice home and dump here there with 2 days of clothes...."removed" from school ranks.....no phone calls that we know of (and if there were, we would know of ..so I feel pretty confident no phone calls)....not checking on her...no safety net

I would use (and have) so much more concern, caution, investigation to find a good "pet motel" for my various pets over the years....I remain shocked and disgusted

and even more disgusted if these people continue to show their faces in the media....I wonder who will be there next? Lifetime movies?? I expect to see that ghoul Larry Garrison on the scene with a quick book deal next

yuck:banghead:

AD was the one that named Coe.
http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full...nues+over+jurisdiction+&instance=main_article

Whether she did it on purpose, knowing that he was not responsible, is another story. I believe it was intentional on her part.

Thanks for posting that link and clearing up the question of whether AB gave up Coe as a suspect.

But a note of caution to readers checking out this link, although the tagline at the top is dated today, November 24, 2009, this is actually just a reprint of a story run earlier last week. When you read it you will note it states that no murder charges have been filed as yet and LE are still trying to determine which jurisdiction it will fall in (news that was current last week but no longer the case).

I think BL is asking us to look at what happened and how she was put in danger.

Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, spoke with reporters from the front porch of his home Tuesday afternoon. He asked everyone to remember his daughter, and to work to prevent a similar tragedy from happening again.
"My heart bleeds and hopes and prays that this community, this country can unite as one to possibly prevent something like this from happening again, to another special angel. I ask that everyone makes it a point not to ignore or look past a situation where a person, a child, or anybody might be in danger," he said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7123252

He needs an attorney because of all of the speculation and blame that is being hurled his way right now. The first person arrested is this case obviously was thrown under the bus by someone, who's to say this might not happen to ANY of the players in the tragedy in the near future.
I would have a lawyer too in this day and age where most of these cases are now under a microscope being dissected by every media outlet and internet forum out there.
That said I am going to keep my opinions of Brad or anyone on that side of the family to myself, and wait till LE and the State lay the case out.
I can see having a lawyer. I just can't see having an entertainment lawyer from another state for representation.

I can see having a lawyer. I just can't see having an entertainment lawyer from another state for representation.

Was entertainment the only thing listed on this man's website?
I read it earlier and there was much more than that. IIRC

People of AB's financial and social status here in IL have several state and federally funded daycare options. I am not familiar with NC and what is available there but I am willing to bet something similar is available there. The look at your income and then tell you what nominal portion of the daycare fee you are responsible for and then state/federal govt. picks up the rest of the tab.

You are right. Such programs are available in NC.

BL is probally getting a thousand calls a day from the media and doesn't know how to handle it. This is a very unusal case as far as child murder cases go...jmo

I too can see having a lawyer, but can I just go off topic for a sec and say "eeeewww"?

IMOO, in today's media driven society, I find all these nasty "entertainment lawyers" that crawl out of the woodwork every time some hot national case makes headlines repulsive. IMOO they are the absolute bottom feeders of the system.

Entertainment Lawyer - really?!?

Good to know that a 5 year old being sold by her momster to a drug dealer for sex is what passes for "entertainment" nowadays.

:sick::sick::sick:

MF's areas of service:
* Banking
* Class Actions
* Construction
* Corporate Governance
* Education
* Eminent Domain
* Entertainment
* Health Care
* Hospitality Industry
* Insurance Coverage
* International Law
* Labor & Employment
* Litigation
* Product Liability
* Professional Athletics
I can see nothing else applicable. I doubt he's getting them contracts with the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor