LYONS AUDIO TAPES and BS VIDEO GONE? Discussion with R HORNSBY here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would be the problem of releasing this information. Is this a secret society?

I think the problem is that lawyers pay big bucks to attend those seminars and buy those tapes. They can now get it for free.

It's also, probably, a it's a copyright thing.

I also think that owners of those tapes sign an agreement to commit to not make them universally available.

If I were the publishers of those tapes, I'd be fit to be tied. If I bought a book-on-tape, and made it universally available, I think there'd be hell to pay.

Blaise

Oh, I would love to be in there now, wonder what is more important to Bill - the story or his reputation with other criminal defense lawyers who he threw under the bus for Kathi.

Don't forget, at the end of the day. Bill still has to stand in line right next to every other criminal defense attorney to speak to a judge.

Oh well look who's here! Welcome to WS!

I think the problem is that lawyers pay big bucks to attend those seminars and buy those tapes. They can now get it for free.

I also think that owners of those tapes sign an agreement to make them universally available.

If I were the publishers of those tapes, I'd be fit to be tied. If I bought a book-on-tape, and made it universally available, I think there'd be hell to pay.

Blaise

Re: My bold. For some reason, I remember Amway having a suit, that they won, which was similar. I'm not sure of when, just that I remember the case from years ago. Maybe I'm wrong, do you happen to know? I'm off to Google...

oh, i would love to be in there now, wonder what is more important to bill - the story or his reputation with other criminal defense lawyers who he threw under the bus for kathi.

Don't forget, at the end of the day. Bill still has to stand in line right next to every other criminal defense attorney to speak to a judge.

welcome to the jungle!!!

YouTube tells me that these have also been removed!!!

Just go to youtube and search Andrea Lyon, there's still plenty of copies up there I just checked.

I hope LBD had a chance to listen to AL's garbage.

And I also hope some future jurors heard AL's remarks...........might not take too kindly to being referred to as "killers"............ ya think? No wonder the Assn of CDE's have to swear they won't distribute any of those hate filled materials! pulled back the old curtain on the wizard me thinks. :innocent:

I also think that owners of those tapes sign an agreement to make them universally available.

Blaise

Maybe true, but she really doesn't want her nastiness and obscenity, not to speak of her sexism, revealed for all to hear. I find it amazing that a bunch of criminal defense attorneys actually believe this is all some high art.

IMO. Why would any of us who live in glass houses ever consider throwing stones at anyone else's glass house? Does anyone have morals, values or self respect any more? The things that JB has done so far is so embarrassing to me. I can see defending a client but to shove people in front of a speeding freight train the way he has makes me wonder if he ever thinks about meeting his maker one day.
IMO. When I first heard what AL's had said I wondered how many people walked out of her "speech". Then someone on one of these threads said something to the effect that it was possible that many at the conference had done the same thing. I believe that. But once again where are people's morals, values and self respect?
If I were the smartest person in the world I wouldn't be able to defend anyone if this behavior is the norm.
Please if someone can explain to me why it isn't important to hang on to your morals, values and self respect in this case I sure would appreciate it.
IMO. KC murdered Caylee period and her defense team needs to stop acting like a bunch of 4 year old bullies and start defending her as adults should.

Thank you for letting me vent and ramble on

Now, after listening to the AL tapes, understand why AL took the case. She didn't take it because she believes KC is innocent she took it because she does not believe in the death penalty! She is fighting against the death penalty not for KC! This is more of a political move for her to get the her message out about the "wrong and evils" of the death penalty. She does see it as "killing" and "killing" as wrong no matter who you kill. Considering her anti-bush comments I will assume she was also against the afhgan and Iraq wars.

Maybe true, but she really doesn't want her nastiness and obscenity, not to speak of her sexism, revealed for all to hear. I find it amazing that a bunch of criminal defense attorneys actually believe this is all some high art.
Thanks for that frank assessment!
Aside from the Caylee Anthony case -
I am bothered that this "professor" has the access and means to teach young impressionable future attornies that her vile beliefs and methods are acceptable concepts. It all seems so "warped".

I just can't believe what I am hearing this woman say!! What about the victims? What about Caylee? So you trick jurors into feeling guilty to get monsters a lighter sentence!!! If I were KC Anthony - I would fire this woman before potential jurors catch wind - how disgusting is this?

So she would do and say anything it takes to win! I want to follow her around with her own quotes on a billboard..this makes me sick.

*JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!! -

Oh, I would love to be in there now, wonder what is more important to Bill - the story or his reputation with other criminal defense lawyers who he threw under the bus for Kathi.

Oh, hush with the testosterone fight and answer this question -- can the state use Lyon's comments in their closing to the jury? As in, "Lyons has said <list comments here>. Are you going to let her do this to you? You're not, are you?"

If you're really Hornsby, you've got great cheekbones, but they're gonna make you verify you identity. I hope you stay.

Blaise (If would be ever so cool if you could make the state's attorneys post here, too. Biaz, also.)

Bill does the right thing because it's the right thing. He is not influenced by peer pressure. Good for him.

So do you think AL hates ALL killers, or just those who are jurors?

This just goes to show that the honorable profession of being a criminal defense attorney isn't much more than just another way to make a living at another persons expense. Warning: I used to work for a wonderful man who was an excellent and well known criminal attorney. He and most criminal atty's will say the same thing, they don't ask their client if they are guilty because they do not want to know. So keeping that in mind most atty's go into court defending someone when they begin a case AND END A CASE BY NOT WANTING TO KNOW TRUTH................AL is no exception and a win is a win in her book - this has NOTHING TO DO with principal, it has everything to do with building a name for one's self and looking good in your professional community. Truth and justice just get in the way of people like AL and JB doing their job.

And I also hope some future jurors heard AL's remarks...........might not take too kindly to being referred to as "killers"............ ya think? No wonder the Assn of CDE's have to swear they won't distribute any of those hate filled materials! pulled back the old curtain on the wizard me thinks. :innocent:

Wait a sec...while I agree with you completely, I also happen to think that if it's ok for everything to be public under the protective blanket of The Sunshine Law - then I also think it should be listed as to each and every person signed up to administer the needle, push the button, plug in the chair, etc. The person signed up & contracted to perform that act is implicitly covered and protected under Florida's DP Law and may remain anonymous forever. I mean, think about it...what about if the person they injected or plugged in electric, or pushed a button - what about if the person they aided in killing happened to be innocent...then wouldn't it make that dp administer person a murderer? Yes, a murderer that is protected by the law. If such a person may remain anonymous, then surely this tape could be subject to such laws, especially if it's copywritten. The founders of this seminar have all rights to their propaganda, just like the shows on tv. Think about it - every single time a show is taped and posted on youtube without written consent & authorization from that show to do so, it's a copyright violation. If somebody has 50 different videos posted on their youtube a/c, then it's 50 federal violations...yes, federal. Since I'm certain these shows know about the copies on youtube, and the fact that it's all for victims justice, I tend to think they are ok with it and turn a blind eye thinking it will help somehow. I personally think it does help. With regards to the seminar tape & propaganda, all they really did was call the bluff. They should be protected if it's really copywritten. Who knows, though... I'm glad it did come out. While I think some of these anti-dp advocates are wonderful for standing up for what they believe in, I find it deplorable when they see the same info & twist the evidence readings to benefit their clients. Sometimes the justice system that we have in place works against true justice. That's such a shame. :(

This just goes to show that the honorable profession of being a criminal defense attorney isn't much more than just another way to make a living at another persons expense. Warning: I used to work for a wonderful man who was an excellent and well known criminal attorney. He and most criminal atty's will say the same thing, they don't ask their client if they are guilty because they do not want to know. So keeping that in mind most atty's go into court defending someone when they begin a case AND END A CASE BY NOT WANTING TO KNOW TRUTH................AL is no exception and a win is a win in her book - this has NOTHING TO DO with principal, it has everything to do with building a name for one's self and looking good in your professional community. Truth and justice just get in the way of people like AL and JB doing their job.
I agree. I am still waiting for my brother's murderer to go to trial, have been since March 2008. I will be the first to admit that I, Myself don't believe in the DP. My wonderful hubby is all for it. We love and respect each others opinions. This though has made me sick to my stomach. I can't fathom ANYONE trying to throw an innocent person under a bus. just for the sake of a win.:sick:

From Twitter - Tweeted by Hornsby
Bill Sheaffer is given option of resigning from the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers or being expelled. http://bit.ly/4zx3FN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861