FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudd, i'm sure you'll see ccane's findings are more than a little interesting....
sorry i MUST go.
g'night & happy sleuthing!

You all are great sleuthers and so organized! I'm never any help except for throwing in a comment here and there, because I'm up and down from the computer a jillion times per night having to get things done plus struggling with back aches from arthritis.

About the garbage man finding his wife on his route: If he's serious and not joking, I wonder how he found the time to visit and socialize while working. Garbage men usually seem busy and seem like they'd have no time to talk unless she was out at her garbage cans one day and they met on different occasions.

There are at least 4 AB's in Orange Park and a lot more in Jacksonville. The article about his wedding doesn't say if he lives in OP or not. I can't find a record of anyone with the right age in Clay County and in Duval County there are two AB's (ABB and AWB) with the right age but their only records are misdemeanors. This may be just a case of a fellow making an unfortunate comment without realizing it.

I'm not good @ sleuthing - I'm better at stumbling over something in the dark and lying on the floor hoping I can pick myself back up again with my teeth intact.

I have to watch movies by myself these days, as none of my family/friends appreciate the comments of the plausibility police officer that seems to take possession of my vocal chords at the most inopportune moments.

Algebra is an ongoing mystery. People and their plots, not so much...

I'm not good @ sleuthing - I'm better at stumbling over something in the dark and lying on the floor hoping I can pick myself back up again with my teeth intact.

I have to watch movies by myself these days, as none of my family/friends appreciate the comments of the plausibility police officer that seems to take possession of my vocal chords at the most inopportune moments.

Algebra is an ongoing mystery. People and their plots, not so much...

did you get my PM

AB's offense occurred twenty years ago. He's registered as an offender, not a predator, which leads me to believe he is considered a low-level offender, plus, AFAIK he hasn't re-offended since. Unless someone has court records of subsequent sexual offenses, he's off my radar.

AB's offense occurred twenty years ago. He's registered as an offender, not a predator, which leads me to believe he is considered a low-level offender, plus, AFAIK he hasn't re-offended since. Unless someone has court records of subsequent sexual offenses, he's off my radar.
Have you seen the details of his case? All I can find is the sentencing document. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison and 5 years probation in 1999. He pled guilty to the charges.

OK, I just saw that his date of offense was 4/26/99...I believe that's what "Primary Off" means.

I am out of here for tonight. I have tried to sift through the 28 pages on the new thread and the first 10 were rough over the debate! FWIW I feel that we are all entitled to our own opinions and if done so tactfully we learn from one another. I have looked at things and scenarios with different eyes based on what some of you have posted and I am thankful for those opinions, even if I do not share them. Keep on with your thoughts and angles... Hopefully we will get more to go on. The hardest part about this for me is trying to stay objective and speculate at the same time.
O/T- Sad: The Jax news stories and comments are always filled with trashy and tasteless comments, just overlook it. I feel that you are being genuine in your objectives. The web host on the main news source was actually considering disabling the comments sections because of how out of control they get. I am sorry you are becoming the subject here, I do not think that is fair.
PS~ old news but I saw the pics. Thanks everyone that helped:)

Thanks for the comment... I appreciate your kind words and hope you all know my objective.. I could care less what the trashy, tasteless, or out-of-control commentors say on those sites... and Id like to say that birds of a feather flock together...DTs "friends" make me wonder about her character even more than her own actions do.

Yes- according to Kyle. Considering no one knows who Kyle is, I don't take that as evidence.
Snuf

Good point.

Has it been officially confirmed who this Kyle is?

OT, but he reminds me of an old joke:

Question: What does a smart blonde, an honest lawyer, and an UFO have in common?
Answer: You hear people talk about them, but you never see one.

I've read here that he's the contractor's helper who supposedly contacted a reporter and told him that Somer went inside the property and told him what a good job they were doing.

Was the reporter's words "last person to see Somer", or was that something that "Kyle" said?

If he was interviewed on the media, his comments would have picked the detectives attention. I then think he must've been interviewed by police, specially since he supposedly was working at 1080 Gano.

:)

I think AB looks the same as the Pics at the wedding. What are all of those different uniforms at the wedding?

ccane-HOW????????!!!!!!!!did you ever find this??????

My thoughts on the Gano house is due to the "Kyle comment". Each interview I have watched has stated that it is the last known place she was seen alive. I think they took that comment (reliable or not) and have run with it. Just like all of the other sources in this story, It seems that nothing is validated or thoroughly checked IMO
How are our locals not more curious on what is happening here? I swear people are acting like nothing ever happened. I see just as many children unattended as before and it seems like everyone has just blocked this crime out of their minds.

BBM: I can't speak for other locals, but I can tell you this local is very curious as to what is happening. However, being a local does not give us inside information or make us privy to anything. We are just like the rest of you - baffled and bewildered. Sure, I could spend all of my weekends in the neighborhood investigating, knocking on neighbors doors & asking questions... but what could that do in regards to the investigation? Chances are I would be investigated by LE and charged with hindering the investigation. I am not acting like nothing ever happened - I just don't know what I can do with what little information there is to go on - KWIM?

Chee- I know what you mean. I guess I meant that the community is not out there together requesting more info on this case. Everyone has heard that no additional info will be released at this time (and I think we all respect that). But to me it feels that the community has accepted what has happened. The shock value seems to have worn off only a month later and it makes me think that the locals that are closer to this neighborhood than me have their own suspicions...

Without any solid information, it could go in many directions- too many. It's very frustrating, but LE has released nothing about this case. There is a reason for it, but I don't know anymore than you do what it is. It's been so quiet, it makes me think they do have information and releasing anything might scare the perpetrator into leaving the area or commiting suicide- they may be waiting to see if he talks to someone about it. The fewer details they release, the easier it is file through the leads. In high profile cases like this, the leads can become overwhelming.

Again, all MOO.

I'm leaning towards Tarabull's theory - an underage perp...

I have an idea - maybe if each one of us sends an email to one of the talking heads (NG, JVM, etc), and express our anger & outrage at no information & misinformation in this case, maybe they'll cover this story and get some answers. We should pick one talking head & everyone send an email... surely the sheriff would feel the need to defend his department & possibly explain all of the inconsistencies in this case. Just an idea - what do you sleuthers think?

Here is the RSO for comparison:
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=29665

The ages don't match, the garbageman says he's 47 in the newspaper story and the RSO is 49 but the names match and they look like the same guy.

Terrific sleuthing by ccane!

Family Watchdog has his address as **** Kingsley Ave Apt 84 and his conviction date as 10/7/1999. Maybe he lived on Kingsley before he got married?? Family Watchdog doesn't say when the pic was taken, but I'm sure it's the oldest of the two, because FDLE's pic was just taken a few days ago.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=FL29665&aID=186491841&at=1&sid={F5BA229A-0D0E-4197-9D09-15A23F570B65}&lat=30.17194&long=-81.711117&clr=%23ff0000&rm=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn