Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

This book is a symbol of everything wrong with the legal system today. This woman is making money from people's suffering and misery and feeding her ravenous ego at the same time. Why is this allowed? Why is it considered ethical? Do attorneys not see how crass and sick this is? "Angel of Death Row" - what a sick joke. I can't comment any more...but I will not be buying this book and I sincerely hope the contradictions between what's in the book and the filth she spewed about victims and victims' advocates will be her undoing.

This book is a symbol of everything wrong with the legal system today. This woman is making money from people's suffering and misery and feeding her ravenous ego at the same time. Why is this allowed? Why is it considered ethical? Do attorneys not see how crass and sick this is? "Angel of Death Row" - what a sick joke. I can't comment any more...but I will not be buying this book and I sincerely hope the contradictions between what's in the book and the filth she spewed about victims and victims' advocates will be her undoing.
If she wrote this book...and it's about her...isn't it very big of her to call herself an "angel"? I just see so much "ego" in that title...but then again, I don't think I can be very objective right now.

I am fine with AL saving KC from the DP and KC ending up with LIFE. If the book is about the Perps still doing time but being saved from the DP then I don't need to read it! I am only concerned if AL tries to save KC from her crime on some technicality or ruse. I'd suspect Caylee is happy where she is and happy where KC is .... they don't want to reunite too soon.

Justice for Caylee.

I don't believe Caylee and KC will ever be reunited... ever! When KC leaves
this world she will never be allowed to go where angel Caylee is.

To understand where AL is coming from, look no further than her co-author and his philosophies. Cut from the same cloth, and some call what they do 'success'.
Through personal anecdotes, I believe AL will string the reader along her (very emotionally compelling) path to where she is today and how her methodology corrolates to her deepest personal beliefs-She makes no bones about that.
She will do the same at trial-Appeal to the emotional, and those who present logic will be considered mean and judgemental. Fortunately, I don't think we are living in times right now where people are tolerant of the drama (they wanna get back to their hard fought-for jobs), so the jury will want AL to cut the carp and get on with addressing the facts, IMO.
If the jury wants drama, they can read her book when they're done.

To understand where AL is coming from, look no further than her co-author and his philosophies. Cut from the same cloth, and some call what they do 'success'.
Through personal anecdotes, I believe AL will string the reader along her (very emotionally compelling) path to where she is today and how her methodology corrolates to her deepest personal beliefs-She makes no bones about that.
She will do the same at trial-Appeal to the emotional, and those who present logic will be considered mean and judgemental. Fortunately, I don't think we are living in times right now where people are tolerant of the drama (they wanna get back to their hard fought-for jobs), so the jury will want AL to cut the carp and get on with addressing the facts, IMO.
If the jury wants drama, they can read her book when they're done.

As far as her book is concerned......I am offended by her "stated" personal beliefs about the value of every life when I personally have listened to lectures she has given (not the You Tube Videos) where she repeatedly makes comments about clients who "come out of lockup carrying a bible" and the "public defender client carrying a big file and wearing a giant cross around his neck". They just don't mesh. She clearly presents the "front" that every life is valuable....yet touts a very different story to her students. I guess that's why one of her lectures is entitled "Storytelling".......

Ah, but a book tour would give some of us a moment of her facetime to ask, "Can you please sign this one for my (daughter/niece/aunt/granddaughter etc.) --'With love, in remembrance, for justice... to Caylee'?"

NOW THAT is what we might call PROSE justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:book::read::Justice::Justice::Justice::Justice:

Ah, but a book tour would give some of us a moment of her facetime to ask, "Can you please sign this one for my (daughter/niece/aunt/granddaughter etc.) --'With love, in remembrance, for justice... to Caylee'?"

That might be a more entertaining book-signing than the one where Borat bagged Pamela Anderson!

Why? Ms. Lyon obviously wrote this book before she became involved in this case. IF she was not involved in this case, would that make a difference in how you feel about people who buy this book? I am not fond of defense attorneys in general, but might find this book interesting to see how she incorporates what she says in the book with what tactics she uses at the trial. Ms. Lyon is passionate about being against the death penalty. A number of people on this website (including me) are passionate about this case. You can see where I am going, right?

As for the book being a 'piece of trash' I don't know that because I have not read it. I wouldn't be surprised if this book is read by many attorneys who will be facing Ms. Lyon in the courtroom, just to get an idea of what to expect.

Of course, all this is just my opinion, as your comment was your opinion.

She is using Caylee's murder to promote this garbage, so what's the difference? It's unethical and inappropriate.

Sure hope AL is ready to get the baseball bat in the head if she throws CA or GA under the bus.

Well, the excerpt was interesting and I probably would have bought the book if it hadn't been for AL's comments about women. That, and, okay, the woman in the excerpt apparently was innocent, fine, glad she got her off. But Ms 31 Days Anthony isn't and her trying to get her off sickens me.

Today Show..........this morning. Comments made....

It is impossible to get a fair trial.
I am scared for my client afraid...
she's been pilloried in the press
this is like the Salem Witch Trials
we will proceed
Other motions to file
I am sure she didn't do it. (based upon things we can't tell you yet and the facts we have)
I am afraid she won't get a fair trial
looking to move the a larger market broader and more diverse jury pool.
Motion before the judge for change of venue.
Just the facts doesn't work. You have to understand the anger.

Book Mentioned (estimate4-5 times)

"This is like the Salem Witch Trials" Anrdrea L.

Wow!

I find it curious when she mentioned that some viewers may not know about the SWT and went on to explain that suspected witches were thrown in the water...........if they floated.....they were a witch......if not they weren't. Sooooooooooooooo does that mean KC thought Caylee was a witch and that's what happened??? I mean ....WHAT was the point of talking about the "test" to determine you were a witch. Also.....Cary Sander was the one that did the interview portion in CHicago with her. He wasn't overly complimentary AND they played a few soundbites from her lecture HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA where she insulted female prosecutors. But he said in his segment that she was convinced that KC would walk.......but when it went back to Meredith she said "I'm not".

Today Show..........this morning. Comments made....

It is impossible to get a fair trial.
I am scared for my client afraid...
she's been pilloried in the press
this is like the Salem Witch Trials
we will proceed
Other motions to file
I am sure she didn't do it. (based upon things we can't tell you yet and the facts we have)
I am afraid she won't get a fair trial
looking to move the a larger market broader and more diverse jury pool.
Motion before the judge for change of venue.
Just the facts doesn't work. You have to understand the anger.

Book Mentioned (estimate4-5 times)

Didn't want to get lost.

We would not need a change of venue if the defense would stay off national tv. I wonder if JS will take that into account when he considers the change of venue. Did you notice she stated that Casey was being forced to look at a plea deal even though she was innocent. I think AL will get her to plea in the end so that she does not ruin her perfect record of getting people off death row because Casey will be found guilty and AL knows it.

We would not need a change of venue if the defense would stay off national tv. I wonder if JS will take that into account when he considers the change of venue. Did you notice she stated that Casey was being forced to look at a plea deal even though she was innocent. I think AL will get her to plea in the end so that she does not ruin her perfect record of getting people off death row because Casey will be found guilty and AL knows it.

I agree. Preemptive damage control going on.

Did anybody catch this part, about 1:30 into the NBC clip, where Kerry Sanders is talking:

Andrea Lyon is a professor at Depaul University in Chicago, where, as part of their coursework, she has upwards of a DOZEN students also working on this case.

Loved that Kerry brought up one of her inflammatory comments, wish he would have gotten a couple more in. Too profane I guess. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back