AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabe's story coming up on NBC's Today Show in a few minutes!

BeanE....would you be so kind as to give an update on that...our national news is being preempted here for severe winter weather warning...and you know that means "Wall to Wall"""...Thank You!

Good morning, friends. I am feeling much better today, after reading this article:

San Antonio Police: It's not a homicide investigation

Police in San Antonio, Texas say they are moving "full steam ahead" in the search for Gabriel Johnson. The 8-month old was last seen in San Antonio on December, 26th, "We have some things in the planning stage and will undertake soon in our attempts to find baby Gabriel," said Chief William McManus.

While the owners of a landfill in San Antonio have been contacted police say they have no immediate plans to search the area. As of now they are focused on finding the baby, "If we believe the baby was dead we would open a homicide investigation, now that is not the case," said McManus. Police would not elaborate on what sort of plan they have been working on.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/28/20100128missingbaby01282010-CR.html

I'm hoping this statement by the Chief himself will open doors to some resources for the family in San Antonio.

It's not enough, for me, that the Chief *say* these things. The SAPD needs to start acting like it NOW! They don't even have Gabe's poster up on the SAPD website :banghead: :furious:
Let's hope today things start hopping.

BBM, I emailed the SAPD missing persons unit 6 days ago with the information and asked them to put Gabriel on their missing page. I NEVER heard a single word back from them. I am so :furious: about it. Maybe if a few sleuthers would like to email them too, that would light a fire under their arses???
I'm gonna find the info and will be back to post it.

As to the rest of BeanE's post, :woohoo:, I REALLY needed some good news this morning about Gabriel's case. I'm not sleeping well through all of this, and with work, and taking care of an infant and 4 pets, etc. I'm just running myself to the ground. I really needed this small pick me up.

ETA: SAPD link http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/missing.asp
Email for SAPD missing persons unit youth@sanantonio.gov
Email for SAPD Carla.Zainie@sanantonio.gov

Also, could someone paraphrase the video about the handwriting analysis for me? I can't access that video here at work. TIA

BBM, I emailed the SAPD missing persons unit 6 days ago with the information and asked them to put Gabriel on their missing page. I NEVER heard a single word back from them. I am so :furious: about it. Maybe if a few sleuthers would like to email them too, that would light a fire under their arses???
I'm gonna find the info and will be back to post it.

As to the rest of BeanE's post, :woohoo:, I REALLY needed some good news this morning about Gabriel's case. I'm not sleeping well through all of this, and with work, and taking care of an infant and 4 pets, etc. I'm just running myself to the ground. I really needed this small pick me up.

Oh how I can relate. We need this, and Gabriel needs us to keep hope!

Update us on The Today show, I think I'm too late to see it. I'm hoping my local NBC station can show it tonight now, since they said they don't have the staff to cover San Antonio...:furious:

I wonder who the Smith's lawyer is? One for the illegal adoption people I'm sure.

Does anyone know how she payed for her hotel rooms? If she payed in advanced I'd assume she would have to use a credit card online? It might be able to trace back to see who's credit card was used. Particularly since I heard she used a fake ID? Did she use her real name on the credit card?

Does anyone know how she payed for her hotel rooms? If she payed in advanced I'd assume she would have to use a credit card online? It might be able to trace back to see who's credit card was used. Particularly since I heard she used a fake ID? Did she use her real name on the credit card?

I believe she paid in cash not sure about the fake ID

JMO

I had a phone call and missed the Today Show piece. I'm keeping an eye out for them to post the video. Usually it's about an hour until they post it.

Meanwhile, more mixed messages:

Search for Baby Gabriel may soon begin at east-side landfill
Posted on January 29, 2010 at 6:56 AM

A section of an east-side landfill where police have been lately now has been staked off with indicators that show how deep to dig

http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for-Baby-Gabriel-may-soon-begin-at-east-side-landfill-83020582.html

JMO

I know some places will let you pay in cash, but I was under the impression that Suite style hotels rarely do, especially if you are staying for a week. Most of them still make you have a credit card on file for any possible damages to the room, even if you pay in cash. IMO, of course.

I had a phone call and missed the Today Show piece. I'm keeping an eye out for them to post the video. Usually it's about an hour until they post it.

Meanwhile, more mixed messages:

Search for Baby Gabriel may soon begin at east-side landfill
Posted on January 29, 2010 at 6:56 AM

A section of an east-side landfill where police have been lately now has been staked off with indicators that show how deep to dig

http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for-Baby-Gabriel-may-soon-begin-at-east-side-landfill-83020582.html

BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it? The only idea's I can come up with are:
A. The different PD's have different idea's about what happened but are playing a blame game back and forth that is ending up in the media.
B. Somehow this is supposed to entice someone into opening up, coming forward, turning Gabriel in, etc.
C. The SAPD does think Gabriel is not alive but does not want the public to know that because they are afraid it will cause people to stop searching for him, and then if they are wrong, they will be put through the grinder.

These are all raw theories.

JMO

Maybe its just bad reporting. I dont think you can pay in advance with cash..Maybe media just meant she made a reservation in advance..I just can't keep anything straight. The media in these cities needs to do some serious fact checking.

BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it. The only idea's I can come up with are:
A. The different PD's have different idea's about what happened but are playing a blame game back and forth that is ending up in the media.
B. Somehow this is supposed to entice someone into opening up, coming forward, turning Gabriel in, etc.
C. The SAPD does think Gabriel is not alive but does not want the public to know that because they are afraid it will cause people to stop searching for him, and then if they are wrong, they will be put through the grinder.

Is it possible they might be planning to search for evidence and not a body?

Ok one more question..Does anyone know if the GPS has a memory of things that were searched and when they were added to the GPS? If the places EJ went were already listed in the GPS before it was supposedly given to EJ that would be rather odd...

I don't have a car GPS, but on my phone GPS if you search for something its kind of stored in the memory for easy recall if you need it again. It pops up in the search field like it would if you had searched something previously on say google or something. I dont know if the device keeps records of WHEN that search was made?

JMO

Yes, but I don't think there's many hotels, especially not one like the Homegate Studios, that doesn't require a credit card just in case. You have to have a card attached to the room until you check out, at that time, you can pay cash instead of using the card. Soooo . . . who's card held the room?

Last I'd heard, LE was trying to get all this info but the hotel people were saying they'd need to know the name she used for the room. I'm SURE they have got all this by now - including calls she may have made from the room, evidence from the room and video surveillance. We did hear that FBI had that surveillance of the supposed "couple", but, that was from EJ. LE is staying pretty darn tight lipped with everything in this case.

The comment from SAPD that they have an angle they've been working and are getting ready to go forth with it gives me hope. I'm thinking they've been watching someone, collecting as much evidence as possible and are getting ready to close in now. I'm thinking that's why they've asked Logan to wait. Logan said LE wouldn't tell him why they wanted him to hold off and that he was leaving Wed am. From his actions and things he's said, I don't think he'd "hold off" without a reason. My guess is they've told him they're on these people - they need him to stay back and hush - and they're hoping to move in Wed.

Let's all think positive for Team Logan!!!

BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it. The only idea's I can come up with are:

They said the landfill was marked off weeks ago in case they needed to search it. That was just released this week so I think the media has just jumped all over and turned it into the worst case scenerio. I think the report above is basically old news riding on the back of the coat tails of all of the landfill reports from yesterday and the day before. The only new information is what came directly from SA police today-this is not a homicide investigation.

"If we believe the baby was dead we would open a homicide investigation, now that is not the case," said McManus.

Ok one more question..Does anyone know if the GPS has a memory of things that were searched and when they were added to the GPS? If the places EJ went were already listed in the GPS before it was supposedly given to EJ that would be rather odd...

I don't have a car GPS, but on my phone GPS if you search for something its kind of stored in the memory for easy recall if you need it again. It pops up in the search field like it would if you had searched something previously on say google or something. I dont know if the device keeps records of WHEN that search was made?

I believe it does, even if it's been "deleted"

Oh how I can relate. We need this, and Gabriel needs us to keep hope!

Update us on The Today show, I think I'm too late to see it. I'm hoping my local NBC station can show it tonight now, since they said they don't have the staff to cover San Antonio...:furious:

I wonder who the Smith's lawyer is? One for the illegal adoption people I'm sure.

lol yes, TS is that dumb

I have been looking into him, and he has handled cases that made national news
Here is one example, the case of the guy who stabbed his wife 43 times while sleepwalking :( sounds like a perfect match
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/07/u...e-by-man-in-killing-of-wife.html?pagewanted=1

ETA he is also known for defending another murderer who claims he was asleep and woke up still half asleep and stabbed his roommate
Client was 16 and a son of a fairly well-known writer I've read before http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...nk0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=6pYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3405,4350262

I do wonder about this letter with "proof" of their evidence from attorney to LE -- sounds like an unusual move -- I wonder what AZ Lawyer thinks about this move

Oh good grief. Sounds like a match made in hell.

Wow! That was his defense?? Why don't all murderers use the defense of sleep walking, then no one will be held responsible..The Smiths are going to need someone that thinks outside of the box.. Perfect match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500