Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW BASE COMMANDER SELECTED FOR 8 WING
Lt-Col. Dave Cochrane has been selected to take command of 8 Wing-CFB Trenton effective on Feb. 19.
OTTAWA – The Chief of the Air Staff, Lt-Gen. André Deschamps, announced Friday that Lt-Col. Dave Cochrane has been selected to take command of 8 Wing Trenton effective on Feb. 19, upon his promotion to the rank of Colonel.

Col. Cochrane takes over from Lt-Col. David Murphy, who was designated acting 8 Wing Commander last Tuesday, following the arrest of Col. Russell Williams, accused of two first-degree murder in the the death of 437 squadron's Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, and Belleville's Jessica Lloyd.

http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2448120

Pure speculation on my part:

If he has started to cooperate with the police, he may plead guilty in exchange for comfier digs than normally would be allotted to people in such circumstances. Could he possibly serve his sentence in a military prison? Does anyone know?

He may be urged to plead guilty by his coworkers. What else might come out in a trial, that wouldn't look good?
respectfully bolded by me...

That's what I'm thinking. Have a shred of dignity and fess up. And possibily make this go away faster...

I doubt he'd be in a military prison...when he's already being held in the civiilan system. Wouldn't he have to be finished with his civilian sentence, first? I admit ignorance in this area.

Strange thing...my significant other just told me we have a tie to the Williams case. We rent hydraulic dump trailers for renovations, we had a trailer there in Nov., guess that fits with the home renovation info...

Psychiatrist says talking is the best medicine

A Belleville forensic psychiatrist says residents of the region are already taking the best approach in dealing with their grief over the Russ Williams case: they're talking.

"Talking is the best way to deal with these types of situations," Dr. Julio Arboleda-Florez of Quinte Health Care's Crisis Intervention Centre told The Intelligencer.

Col. Russ Williams is charged in the deaths of Cpl. Marie-France Comeau of Brighton and Jessica Lloyd of Belleville. He also faces several charges in connection with attacks on women in two home invasions in Tweed.

Arboleda-Florez said the grief, fear and anger among residents is normal.

"The first phase is stupor. (People say) 'I can't believe this," Arboleda-Florez said. "That happens very often when there is a high sense of betrayal.

"Very often that is followed by a sense of fear and concern: fear because you trust your leaders. That comes with a feeling, also, of concern."

read more : http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446295

respectfully bolded by me...

That's what I'm thinking. Have a shred of dignity and fess up. And possibily make this go away faster...

I doubt he'd be in a military prison...when he's already being held in the civiilan system. Wouldn't he have to be finished with his civilian sentence, first? I admit ignorance in this area.

Strange thing...my significant other just told me we have a tie to the Williams case. We rent hydraulic dump trailers for renovations, we had a trailer there in Nov., guess that fits with the home renovation info...

I don't see how RW has not already confessed.

• "Col. Russell Williams gave a statement to police in which he allegedly directed investigators to where they could find evidence, including hidden keepsakes, inside his Westboro home."

• "On Monday, Williams, 46, led police to the body of Jessica Lloyd ... "
http://www.globaltvbc.com/technology/Williams+directed+investigators+evidence/2556089/story.html

• "A CANADIAN military base commander charged with murdering two women and sexually assaulting two others confessed to the crimes and about four dozen "lingerie break-ins".
http://www.news.com.au/world/milita...-lingerie-crimes/story-e6frfkyi-1225829041831
  • "Col. Williams reportedly admits to murders, sexual assaults"
http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/10/col-williams-reportedly-admits-to-murders-sexual-assaults/

I can't fathom how someone in his position could lead LE to Jessica's body without admitting to culpability.

JMO

There's no DNA testing in the military....

Respectfully, SG, would you mind reading my post from 02/08 here, where I quote a CBC article about this?

"The military is increasingly using DNA profiles in place of traditional means of identification such as dog tags. New recruits now routinely supply blood or saliva samples, which are stored and used to identify soldiers killed in action."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CANADA-Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010

Maybe you weren't tested, but what about those going into dangerous territory? RW has reportedly been to Dubai (and who knows where else). Is it not possible that, considering the above article, his DNA was recorded then?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/02/08/f-williams-biography.html

Thanks in advance. (TIA)

So that was by far one of the most difficult visitations one would ever have to go through. The family kept strong, laughing and sharing cherished memories. Photos decorated walls, tables. A bouquet from "nanny" nestled right beside her.
At least a dozen policemen, everyone from hairdressers who did Jess's hair to people who had a good time with Andy. Her mom looks just like her- striking eyes, an infectious smile.

I went through 10 tissues, and then some. What a beautiful turnout, with music from her personal collection playing softly in the background.

The media played nice, staying off the property and showing respect, a camera set up across the funeral home on a person's property.

I smell of musks and mens cologne, from hugging the family- a characteristic trait they all have. It's a part of their nature, friendly, welcoming, loving.

I sat in the pews the whole time thinking this is so unfair. Her in memorial card reading "entered rest, January 29, 2010"

May you rest in peace Jessica, you will be sadly missed, but forever cherished.

<3

Respectfully, SG, would you mind reading my post from 02/08 here, where I quote a CBC article about this?

"The military is increasingly using DNA profiles in place of traditional means of identification such as dog tags. New recruits now routinely supply blood or saliva samples, which are stored and used to identify soldiers killed in action."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CANADA-Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010

Maybe you weren't tested, but what about those going into dangerous territory? RW has reportedly been to Dubai (and who knows where else). Is it not possible that, considering the above article, his DNA was recorded then?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/02/08/f-williams-biography.html

Thanks in advance. (TIA)

My friend is in the military at CFB Trenton, and he had to provide his DNA. HTHS.

Williams turned himself in to Ottawa police Sunday after getting a call from the OPP. They wanted to question him after learning tracks from a crime scene were a close match to the treads of his truck&#8217;s snow tires.

It was after that interview, conducted by an OPP behavioural sciences expert, that police discovered the body of Jessica Lloyd
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Canada+general+shock+over+military+murder+probe/2548027/story.html

I did not realize the order of these events, I read earlier that he was brought in and questioned, now I read that he turned himself in after the call. hmmm so many versions....

My friend is in the military at CFB Trenton, and he had to provide his DNA. HTHS.

Interesting.

I've been in the military for almost 19 years. I personally know of no one who has had DNA testing in addition to ID disks.

Dental records? Yes. Random urine testing? Yep. DNA? Never heard of that. Doesn't mean it isn't now happening, but I've personally never known anyone to provide it.

I'll have to ask when I go back to work on Monday.

I worked with LCol Cochrane when he was a Capt at 426 Sqn....NICE, nice guy.

They've chosen a good man to be our new Wing Commander :clap:

I thought this was a good interview with a retired major general about the situation and I really enjoyed the fact that he took the media to task about the inaccuracies of their reporting, hopefully they double and triple check now before the public reads it.

It was nice to hear that as far as he is concerned the morale is good on CFB Trenton

Still, MacKenzie said the military community across the country has been affected by the charges, adding: "You can really be pissed off and still have good morale."

Interesting.

I've been in the military for almost 19 years. I personally know of no one who has had DNA testing in addition to ID disks.

Dental records? Yes. Random urine testing? Yep. DNA? Never heard of that. Doesn't mean it isn't now happening, but I've personally never known anyone to provide it.

Hi, SG:

Do you know anyone who has been to a combat zone in the past few years? If so, could you ask them if they had to provide DNA? If this is a stupid question, please let me know. I'm totally ignorant about these things. TIA

I thought this was a good interview with a retired major general about the situation and I really enjoyed the fact that he took the media to task about the inaccuracies of their reporting, hopefully they double and triple check now before the public reads it.

It was nice to hear that as far as he is concerned the morale is good on CFB Trenton

Still, MacKenzie said the military community across the country has been affected by the charges, adding: "You can really be pissed off and still have good morale."

NBG, did you forget to include a link? I'd like to read that. TIA

BBM - Dream on! LOL.

I'm not sure how reliable information provided by a "source" can be, but the Globe and Mail has published an article stating that - according to a "source" - Jessica Lloyd was strangled, as well as Corporal Comeau. The "source" claims that Comeau was blind-folded and gagged before being asphyxiated, even though the theory is that she was meant to live.

I don't buy that. She knew him and even if she couldn't see his face she would know his voice and presence. Why would he let her live when there was a good possibility she could have identified him.

I'm not sure how reliable information provided by a "source" can be, but the Globe and Mail has published an article stating that - according to a "source" - Jessica Lloyd was strangled, as well as Corporal Comeau. The "source" claims that Comeau was blind-folded and gagged before being asphyxiated, even though the theory is that she was meant to live.

I don't buy that. She knew him and even if she couldn't see his face she would know his voice and presence. Why would he let her live when there was a good possibility she could have identified him.

Completely agree with your statement. I find it hard to believe that he wanted his first victim alive and well since she was known to him, and find it ridiculous that state that the second victim was meant to live after he had already killed his first victim in the same manner. Makes me think of watching a kid pull the legs off a bug knowing what the outcome will be but still expressing the age old excuse of "But I didn't know it would happen...."

That is only my opinion.

Interesting.

I'm a little (actually a lot) shocked by that. I just left the American military after 22 years of service and we bank the DNA of all servicemembers. I remember them taking it en masse when they first started doing it and I was stationed at Kirtland AFB in Albuqueque at the time. They collected both cheek swabs and blood cards. I left Kirtland in 1995, so we started collecting DNA from our servicemembers at least 15 years ago.

Given privacy rights in the US, I doubt civilian agencies have access to military DNA banks for criminal purposes and such, but the US military does indeed have DNA on all it's members. I am really shocked Canada doesn't do that.

NBG, did you forget to include a link? I'd like to read that. TIA

BBM - Dream on! LOL.

I heard this retired militrary officer intervied (via telephone) on CFRB radio yesterday. It was a very interesting interview maybe CFRB has some notes on their site.

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you to wrap your mind around, given that you knew the accused. Thank you so much for contributing and helping us civilians better understand how the military works. I do have another military based question for you. Given that the RW is military personnel, I understand that he will stand trial in a civilian court, will he have to go through the same thing in the military as well?

BBM. No. Canada has double jeopardy laws similar to the US.

"“66. (1) A person may not be tried or tried again in respect of an offence or any other substantially similar offence arising out of the facts that gave rise to the offence if, while subject to the Code of Service Discipline in respect of that offence, or if, while liable to be charged, dealt with and tried under the Code in respect of that offence, the person

(a) has been found not guilty by a service tribunal, civil court or court of a foreign state on a charge of having committed that offence; or

(b) has been found guilty by a service tribunal, civil court or court of a foreign state on a charge of having committed that offence and has been punished in accordance with the sentence."

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/qro-orf/vol-02/doc/chapter-chapitre-102.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members