Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all. So today is the day to pay respect to Jess and her family.

I will be attending the afternoon visitation and will take all your condolences with me.

will be thinking of Jessica and her family, friends and all of his victims today

hope they have lots of support and caring individuals around them to lean on

snipped:

"He is a tall, handsome, rugged-looking man, plus the added attraction of being a man in uniform. He could walk into a bar or party and two hours later have a sexy woman walking out with him," Brett Papadakis wrote in an e-mail. "And being a virile man, he could enter again the bar and pick up another woman to ... her.

"I have seen this with my own eyes," the friend insisted. "Russell had a knack for seducing women."

some other new tidbits here:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/12/12847576-qmi.html

Apparently he had friends in high places:

http://thecarpasianwars.blogspot.com/2010/02/strangeness-of-this-world-is-sometimes.html

There may be no trial - if he pleads guilty upfront, it will go directly to sentencing, and charges are reduced all the time to avoid lengthy and expensive trials - the accused pleads to the lesser charge offered by the Crown, thus avoiding going to trial, saving taxpayers' money and helping to unclog the already clogged up judicial system.

Regardless whether he gets 1st degree or 2nd degree, it's an automatic life sentence. When it comes to eligibility for parole, 1st degree carries an automatic no chance for parole for 25 years, for 2nd degree the judge can set the eligibility for parole anywhere between 10 - 25 years, though it doesn't mean that they will get out at that point.

Pure speculation on my part:

If he has started to cooperate with the police, he may plead guilty in exchange for comfier digs than normally would be allotted to people in such circumstances. Could he possibly serve his sentence in a military prison? Does anyone know?

He may be urged to plead guilty by his coworkers. What else might come out in a trial, that wouldn't look good?

Pure speculation on my part:

If he has started to cooperate with the police, he may plead guilty in exchange for comfier digs than normally would be allotted to people in such circumstances. Could he possibly serve his sentence in a military prison? Does anyone know?

He may be urged to plead guilty by his coworkers. What else might come out in a trial, that wouldn't look good?

He will be going through the civilian court system, so he will be spending that sentence in a civilian jail. I'm not entirely sure if he will even have to go through the military judicial system, though if he does and is found guilty, because of the seriousness of the crime, he will spend 729 days in the military prison located in Edmonton, will get a dishonourable discharge and then will will serve the remainder of his sentence in a civilian jail.

snipped:

"He is a tall, handsome, rugged-looking man, plus the added attraction of being a man in uniform. He could walk into a bar or party and two hours later have a sexy woman walking out with him," Brett Papadakis wrote in an e-mail. "And being a virile man, he could enter again the bar and pick up another woman to ... her.

"I have seen this with my own eyes," the friend insisted. "Russell had a knack for seducing women."

some other new tidbits here:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/12/12847576-qmi.html

UGH! I hate his little, piggy eyes!

So, he's been cheating on his wife and wasn't discreet about it? I hope some of these women come forward and confirm these rumours. They could shed some light on all sorts of important things. Probably, though, they'll go straight to LE.

JMO

The movie was released in Ontario, but the ban included any city where the crimes occurred, including Guelph.

Canada:(Banned) (in cities not permitted by the parents of victims including Guelph)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424938/
I downloaded it actually because I didn't think it was the sort of movie I wanted any one to profit from. Could not watch it. Funny how you think you want to know the information that is banned, but when it comes right down to it...maybe you don't.

i am surprised to hear that a movie could be banned? all movies about true crimes had to take place somewhere...have never heard of any banning before? also, do not understand why an actress playing a role should be a target? that seems rather ridiculous,, IMO...i would think that people affected just wouldn't go to it and that in itself would make a statement, rather than making it banned...the movie Monster about Arlene Wournos, serial killer, won Academy Awards, etc...I know this Lifetmie movie Karla was hardly a great movie...but I do not believe in banning any books or movies, I think that simply not spending money on them is the strongest message...to keep them from making more like it...

My opinion is that one man stands accused and his criminal actions don't necessarily reflect on anyone else, much less the entire military.

I'm all for transparency and an accounting of responsibility among higher ranks but I'm able to reconcile that with my continued support for our military and especially our troops overseas.

Punish the criminals and let the rest continue to represent our country IMO.

I want to get word to our troops to keep their heads held high during this wretched time in Canadian history.

Does anyone else find it odd that a person who was photographed constantly, and also had a personal interest in photography, did not seem to appear in one single photo with his wife?

i am surprised to hear that a movie could be banned? all movies about true crimes had to take place somewhere...have never heard of any banning before? also, do not understand why an actress playing a role should be a target? that seems rather ridiculous,, IMO...i would think that people affected just wouldn't go to it and that in itself would make a statement, rather than making it banned...the movie Monster about Arlene Wournos, serial killer, won Academy Awards, etc...I know this Lifetmie movie Karla was hardly a great movie...but I do not believe in banning any books or movies, I think that simply not spending money on them is the strongest message...to keep them from making more like it...

I'm anti-censorship too, but I could understand where this was coming from. Unlike the Wournos case, this one was still relatively fresh in the minds of everyone - including the victims' (children, really) families. As well, there were many other victims who lived to suffer the consequences of PB's crimes. There was a huge public outcry, but unless I'm mistaken, instead of an outright ban, there was a boycott urged instead. There would have been no point in theatres paying money to show a film that no one would come out to see. I do agree strongly that targeting the actress was ridiculously unfair.

JMO

well, there are banned & censored movies & books in a lot of countries but that's a whole 'nother off topic discussion best reserved for another thread

Does anyone else find it odd that a person who was photographed constantly, and also had a personal interest in photography, did not seem to appear in one single photo with his wife?

If you were his wife, how would you feel about having your picture plastered over the media with this guy? I'm guessing there are plenty of the two of them together, but giving credit to the media for being unusually sensitive about displaying any. Yet. It's just a matter of time though, I'm sure.

JMO

Family, friends hold wake for Jessica Lloyd
2556512.bin

A makeshift memorial to Jessica Lloyd has popped up - filled with small bouquets and flowers outside her home, located between Belleville and Tweed on Highway #37

OTTAWA -- As police continue to probe the murder allegations against a high-ranking military officer, family and friends of Jessica Lloyd are gathering in Belleville. Ont., to remember the 27-year-old woman who was found strangled on Monday.
Ms. Lloyd's wake will be held Friday, with her funeral to follow on Saturday in Belleville.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2556389#ixzz0fLo1p80M

My opinion is that one man stands accused and his criminal actions don't necessarily reflect on anyone else, much less the entire military.

I'm all for transparency and an accounting of responsibility among higher ranks but I'm able to reconcile that with my continued support for our military and especially our troops overseas.

Punish the criminals and let the rest continue to represent our country IMO.

I want to get word to our troops to keep their heads held high during this wretched time in Canadian history.

ITA with your opinion this one man's actions doesn't change my view of our military. Evil walks amongst us all - it's just a fact of life, unfortunately.

I'm anti-censorship too, but I could understand where this was coming from. Unlike the Wournos case, this one was still relatively fresh in the minds of everyone - including the victims' (children, really) families. As well, there were many other victims who lived to suffer the consequences of PB's crimes. There was a huge public outcry, but unless I'm mistaken, instead of an outright ban, there was a boycott urged instead. There would have been no point in theatres paying money to show a film that no one would come out to see. I do agree strongly that targeting the actress was ridiculously unfair.

JMO

I think it was more of a boycott, especially in Ontario. I did see the movie (borrowed it from a friend). They really didn't go into specific detail about the murders, which I think was out of respect for the victims' families - I'm sure they live with it daily in an event, regardless if it's in the news or not.

If you were his wife, how would you feel about having your picture plastered over the media with this guy? I'm guessing there are plenty of the two of them together, but giving credit to the media for being unusually sensitive about displaying any. Yet. It's just a matter of time though, I'm sure.

JMO

I could not see any photos of her in The Contact either. Other officers' wives appear in photos. Yes, she lived elsewhere.

I think there are few pictures of her, which is why we haven't seen them yet. Media sensitivity? Hmmm. To question a recent headline, a double life, or a separate life?

It's a curious thing.

I could not see any photos of her in The Contact either. Other officers' wives appear in photos. Yes, she lived elsewhere.

I think there are few pictures of her, which is why we haven't seen them yet. Media sensitivity? Hmmm. To question a recent headline, a double life, or a separate life?

It's a curious thing.

I'm going with a separate life. He obviously travelled a great deal, so he likely wasn't home all that often.

It could just be as simple as she hates having her picture taken...if you wander around my house you won't see one picture of me - I avoid the camera like the plague! LOL

(BBM)

I'm thinking that there is confusion about his DNA. It's almost certain that the military would already have a sample and have possibly already given it to the O.P.P. However, they're not allowed to enter it into the national data base until he's convicted of the crimes. But if he pleaded "not guilty" and went to trial, DNA would be crucial evidence before a guilty verdict could be reached. So, this just doesn't make sense and I hope someone clears it up. I suspect this might be another example of media error.

JMO

There's no DNA testing in the military....

There's no DNA testing in the military....

I must say that I can't imagine why the military would not have a DNA profile on all service members for the simple fact of it being the ideal way to identify remains that cannot be ID'd any other way. I realize there may be some privacy issues, but I can't imagine it not being a requirement of service. (Just my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member