Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this what is called the use of aliases? I wonder if that sent up a red flag when he joined the military?
summer, I'm not saying RW used all those names, lol. Just pointing out that it's possible to use those combinations, and 'David' 'Williams' are common names. Also 'Russell' could be used as a last name. He could have met people over the years that know him by different names. just food for thought, not that there is any evidence of this :)

Good lord! How awful for the victims of the "Scarborough Rapist" reported to be Paul Bernardo. Between him and Williams, those poor women didn't stand a chance.

According to the linked article, LE doesn't have evidence of any links between them WRT rapes in the area, but they're definitely investigating the possibility.

Agree, the poor women in that community were under attack from some twisted men, if true.

Its been a long time since I've read the book about Holmko & Bernardo. Does anyone recall how many rapes took place in the area back then?

While we have all been busy for the past two weeks with this case and in particular dissecting RW since Monday, it occurred to me tonight as a mother how the families of Jessica and Marie-France must be feeling this week. As relieved as they must be that the perp has been found and arrested, I'm sure they don't give a tinker's damn about what a high position he held in the military, what his childhood was like, where he went to school, or who is writing a book about him. I'm thinking that they are grieving their beautiful girls beyond imagination and Jessica's family is sadly preparing for her upcoming funeral. I'm betting that they wish the case weren't so high profile and getting so much publicity. If it were one of my daughters (heavens forbid!), I would be curled up in a corner somewhere, not caring about the news ... not caring about anything except wishing I could set the clock back. My heart breaks for them all.

Now that I got that off my chest, I guess we should get back to sleuthing.

Such information might bring other victims forward. The number "four dozen" has been bandied about.

:eek: OMG! What are we going to find out next! Unbelievable! Sometimes those conspiracy theories sound so unrealistic.

Serial killers are not always the loners we think they are. I had asked the question about whether RW acted alone.

According to the linked article, LE doesn't have evidence of any links between them WRT rapes in the area, but they're definitely investigating the possibility.

Agree, the poor women in that community were under attack from some twisted men, if true.

Its been a long time since I've read the book about Holmko & Bernardo. Does anyone recall how many rapes took place in the area back then?

If you search Wikipedia for Paul Bernardo, it brings up a lot of information that I hadn't come across - or so I can remember - in the couple of books I have about him and his equally disgusting wife. I know you can't always take information you read on Wikipedia as gospel, but it is a really detailed, interesting page.

If you search Wikipedia for Paul Bernardo, it brings up a lot of information that I hadn't come across - or so I can remember - in the couple of books I have about him and his equally disgusting wife. I know you can't always take information you read on Wikipedia as gospel, but it is a really detailed, interesting page.
I watched the movie about them on TV recently. It's called Karla and was really tough to sit through.

I'm presuming that LE covered the windows with brown paper to keep nosy reporters from zooming in and taking photos.

As for Luminol (for fingerprints), I have my doubts. RW and his wife have lived there for just a short while (last July?). Most of that time Williams was either in Trenton or Tweed, while I think his wife was in the Ottawa house due to her job. I don't believe RW would have the opportunity to take any victims to that particular house - certainly not Jessica or Marie-France.

" ... the Ottawa house the couple had moved into only recently."

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...ms_thursday_100211/20100211/?hub=WinnipegHome

And while I think no stone should be left unturned, his MO seems to be entering his victims' homes. To take one to a house he shares with his wife would be a terrible risk that I don't believe he would take.

JMO

According to their new next-door neighbours, they (the neighbours) moved into their brand new home first week of December 2009, and that the Williams moved in a few weeks later. Sorry, can't provide a link right now, will go back and try and find it.

There was an article saying they both moved to Tweed in July (like lots of people who own a cottage do during the summer months). However, the wife was living in Ottawa weekdays supervising the construction/decoration of her new home.

This made me wonder if they had already moved out of their Orleans home by then. Otherwise, where could she have been living in Ottawa from July to December, and where was all their furniture and stuff? Did they take everything out of Ottawa (Orleans) to Tweed and then back to Ottawa (Westboro)? That wouldn't make any sense!

Unless they only moved out of their Orleans house same day they moved into their new Westboro house. I think this is important, because that would imply having rented a storage space or friends/family keeping boxes, furniture for them.

EDITTING to add article:
Williams' Ottawa neighbour Michael Gennis echoed White's shock.

Though Williams commuted to his job from a cottage in Tweed, he shares a modern three-storey semi-detached house with his wife Mary Elizabeth Harriman.

Gennis, whose home is attached to Williams', said he and his family just moved into the place in the first week of December. Williams and Harriman moved in a few weeks later, he said, adding the couple was very neighbourly.
rs&bbm
http://www.napaneeguide.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2441494

I watched the movie about them on TV recently. It's called Karla and was really tough to sit through.

I remember reading about that movie when it was rumored to be in the works, and the criticism leveled at Laura Prepon (Donna from 'That '70s Show') for taking on the role of Homolka. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a push to ban the movie from airing in Ontario, and possibly even Canada as a whole. I don't know if it ever made it into local theaters, but I think I saw it on the shelf in a movie rental store not long ago. I think it would be interesting to watch, but the case hits a little too close to home and merely reading about the crimes gives me chills.

ETA: I remember being in Toronto while the search was on for the car believed to be the rapist/murderer's. I was fairly young at the time and didn't know a whole lot about the case, but I knew the basics and so, even though I was in the car with my family, it was scary to hear the reports on the radio. If I recall correctly, the description of the car ended up being totally wrong, so the information was (unknowingly) useless.

I'm not sure how reliable information provided by a "source" can be, but the Globe and Mail has published an article stating that - according to a "source" - Jessica Lloyd was strangled, as well as Corporal Comeau. The "source" claims that Comeau was blind-folded and gagged before being asphyxiated, even though the theory is that she was meant to live.

Williams allegedly started stealing women's underwear back in 2006, and there are 48 cases in which stolen lingerie has been recovered. One of the creepier aspects (although not surprising, considering we know that people like Williams like to keep trophies) of the lingerie thefts is that all of it was found "neatly stored, catalogued and concealed".

Below is the link to the article. Please keep in mind that all of the information appears to be from a "source" and has yet to be confirmed by LE.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario-women-were-asphyxiated-source-says/article1465532/

ETA: The "source" claims that Comeau was asphyxiated, but doesn't use the word strangled.

I think it's disgusting that Bernardo is giving LE 'tips' or 'advice' through his father/media. How 'bout if they want to talk to him, he wait for them to come visit. How 'bout the media refuse to publish anything he says through his father and only publish statements he gives police. Here's a tip for Paul: we don't care what you have to say unless & until it leads to information that actually solves crimes. Otherwise, go back to the rock you crawled out from under. Your buddy Russ will be joining you soon enough so you can reminisce.

Rant over.

I'm not sure how reliable information provided by a "source" can be, but the Globe and Mail has published an article stating that - according to a "source" - Jessica Lloyd was strangled, as well as Corporal Comeau. The "source" claims that Comeau was blind-folded and gagged before being asphyxiated, even though the theory is that she was meant to live.

Williams allegedly started stealing women's underwear back in 2006, and there are 48 cases in which stolen lingerie has been recovered. One of the creepier aspects (although not surprising, considering we know that people like Williams like to keep trophies) of the lingerie thefts is that all of it was found "neatly stored, catalogued and concealed".

Below is the link to the article. Please keep in mind that all of the information appears to be from a "source" and has yet to be confirmed by LE.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario-women-were-asphyxiated-source-says/article1465532/

ETA: The "source" claims that Comeau was asphyxiated, but doesn't use the word strangled.

My SO and I were discussing this case last night and I commented that I suspect Corporal Comeau's death was not planned. I suspect the alledged perp intended to follow the same MO as the September attacks, but then something happened. Maybe the victim saw his face inadvertently or perhaps recognized his voice, and he had to dispose of her. It's probably a bit of a coincidence to believe the same circumstance happened with Ms. Lloyd, so he may have killed her intentionally, either because it thrilled him the first time, or because he figured it was wiser to silence his victims from now on.

The main reason I'm leaning this way is because he caved and confessed so easily. Hardcore serial killers tend to become so comfortable with their crimes over time and hardly spill all when confronted at a traffic stop. I also don't think they will find other murder victims that predate this. Perps like Col Williams do not go backwards and start committing minor crimes like B&E lingerie theft after already killing a number of victims. They escalate in the other direction. I think in the end the authorities will find that Col Williams committed minor crimes for years, peeping, then B&E lingerie thefts, then confronting and assaulting a live victim, then killing one, finding he liked it, and killing another.

Though not an expert on sexual offending, I did work with incarcerated sex offenders for three years in a prison based sex offender rehabilitation program. They escalate, and none of them would have been satisfied going back to less intense acting out. They all escalated one step at a time until they were way over the line doing incredibly awful things and the majority of them admitted they would have kept going and escalating until stopped.

I think maybe Col Williams was relieved to be confronted at that traffic stop. I'm not sure he himself was comfortable with the extreme way his behavior had escalated.

Baltovich wants Williams probed for Bain murder

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/11/12846131-qmi.html

Robert Baltovich wants to know whether there is any connection between Col. Russell Williams and the murder of Elizabeth Bain.
Baltovich spent eight years in jail, wrongly convicted of that murder.
He said his hair stood on end earlier this week when he heard Williams, now accused of murdering two women, attended the University of Toronto Scarborough campus — the same campus Bain vanished from in June 1990.
In an interview with the Toronto Sun, Baltovich said the feeling he had when he learned about Williams’ case matched the one he had in jail when he heard about Paul Bernardo. Bernardo, later convicted of murder, was active as the Scarborough rapist during the late 1980s. But in an interview with police years later, he denied having anything to do with Bain’s murder.
Her body was never found.

Williams and Paul Bernardo were friends

http://www.lfpress.com/news/canada/2010/02/11/12845846.html

This just gets more strange as the story progresses

Unbelievable. As an American living in Canada, the fact that Williams and Paul Bernardo knew each other is Canada's worst nightmare. Canadians hold Bernardo in such contempt and understandably so-- he is a symbol of ultimate evil to its citizens. I am blown away by this and wonder how "deep" this connection goes.

Unbelievable. As an American living in Canada, the fact that Williams and Paul Bernardo knew each other is Canada's worst nightmare. Canadians hold Bernardo in such contempt and understandably so-- he is a symbol of ultimate evil to its citizens. I am blown away by this and wonder how "deep" this connection goes.

Agreed. This just keeps getting more and more twisted. I almost wonder if the media is just throwing out "possibilities", this just seems TOO strange. I sure hope they are not connected, but anything is possible I guess. :sick:
I recall living in Scarborough during the "Scarborough Rapist" days. I lived quite close to them, right near the Bluffs. I remember them looking for Kristen French one time at a place I was horseback riding near. I never forgot that day.

This is one case that is so unbelievable a screenwriter couldn't even conjure it up. Sickening.

I was reading the posted news articles above and noted one of the comments posted by another reader.

The reader made a comment about "sanpaku". Having never heard this term I looked it up and found it quite interesting.

definition follows here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanpaku

BBM - he was convicted of 14 rapes, though in 2006 he confessed to raping another 10 women that he wasn't charged for.

In all honesty, I'm not the least bit surprised that once again Bernardo's name has resurfaced with this investigation, his names seems to creep up every few years (i.e., E. Bain). I can't see these two every working together to commit a crime, there would have been a huge power struggle between them. Bernardo liked to be in control and have power, and given RW's role in the military, I'd have to say that he likely had to be in control (though that's just MOO).

I recently watched a transcript of Bernardo's interview with the police in 2007 and it was very clear that he had to be the one in control of the entire thing. It was pretty creepy to watch and he is one scary individual. I'll post the link for those of you that may be interested in watching (or reading the transcript).

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...ardo-video-interview-with-police-in-2007.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member