Cox Family Press Conference - 15 Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends and Family Allege Susan Powell Was Abused by Husband

in an e-mail to ABC News, his attorney said he believes supporters of Joshua Powell are preparing a response to the "untrue allegations."

Well, maybe Joshy is losing supporters. I haven't seen any response to the allegations.

in an e-mail to ABC News, his attorney said he believes supporters of Joshua Powell are preparing a response to the "untrue allegations."

Well, maybe Joshy is losing supporters. I haven't seen any response to the allegations.

What about the attorney writing up a rebuttal? It appears this attorney wants to put as little effort as possible into representing his client! Famous celebrity attorney Gloria Allred would certainly have had a press conference if she were representing JP, right?

What about the attorney writing up a rebuttal? It appears this attorney wants to put as little effort as possible into representing his client! Famous celebrity attorney Gloria Allred would certainly have had a press conference if she were representing JP, right?

I agree. Why isn't the attorney doing damage control. We hear nothing from him. Josh isn't getting his money's worth with this lawyer. Have to wonder if the lawyer thinks he did it.

I agree. Why isn't the attorney doing damage control. We hear nothing from him. Josh isn't getting his money's worth with this lawyer. Have to wonder if the lawyer thinks he did it.

It is rumored the attorney is representing JP for free, that he is the one who called JP and offered to represent him.

If this is not true and JP's father, Steve Powell, hired him, then it is obvious he's being a miser when it comes to what services he is allowing the attorney to provide!

This tells me that some friends and family are coming to the realization that Susan is most likely deceased. I assume that if this is true that they have shared this with LE and just not with the public until now. Most likely didn't want to put that out there until they were ready to come to terms with the fact that she probably was not coming home..alive anyway. :( ..

I rarely post here, but try to keep up :)...I've always thought, having been in a very controlling and abusive marriage from age 16-35 myself, that for most, there is only 1 way to control someone to this extent..and that's through fear of physical harm to yourself. Or worse, to your babies.. I can't even imagine that.

I would be shocked if Josh wasn't physically abusive to Susan in all honesty. :( jmho...Very sad case, this one..

Thanks RubyRed, Do have a link or tell me where I can find it? I searched ABC4 in SLC with no luck. I'd like to read it. TIA

Someone posted on the FB page that women in JP's neighborhood were seen out in the rain hanging flyers and ribbons.

That sounds more like an ultimatum, rather than a goal on working on your marriage. Ultimatum -vs-negotiation.
Big difference. Ask the Iranians......just sayin

True, and that's fair, hollyblue. But Susan took the steps to set goals that she felt necessary for her to live her life and her children's lives as she believed.

Ultimatum to JP? Yes, it is, but you can't compromise halfway on some things, things that are black and white. JP was either going to continue being a recognized member of their church or he wasn't, and she insisted that he would be, and by a deadline, for their marriage to continue.

I think this is based on not wanting to break church vows without having a clear non-compliant church basis for doing so. Other women would have just thrown the bum out on general principle.

She'd be alive today if she had not tried to negotiate and deal with him over a protracted time to give him a chance and prove to her church and everyone who knew her she was only breaking the marriage when he refused to be compliant with the church.

rd

P.S. I am not basing this on any knowledge of church, just my opinion.

True, and that's fair, hollyblue. But Susan took the steps to set goals that she felt necessary for her to live her life and her children's lives as she believed.

Ultimatum to JP? Yes, it is, but you can't compromise halfway on some things, things that are black and white. JP was either going to continue being a recognized member of their church or he wasn't, and she insisted that he would be, and by a deadline, for their marriage to continue.

I think this is based on not wanting to break church vows without having a clear non-compliant church basis for doing so. Other women would have just thrown the bum out on general principle.

She'd be alive today if she had not tried to negotiate and deal with him over a protracted time to give him a chance and prove to her church and everyone who knew her she was only breaking the marriage when he refused to be compliant with the church.

rd

P.S. I am not basing this on any knowledge of church, just my opinion.

Maybe....but probably.

Right. I think it's all an act and a ruse to "look good" for the bennies the church can provide. Especially the *look what a good father I am making sure my children are in a church environment*. Josh is manipulating and planning for the future fight of the boys IMO. The only good thing, the boys are getting socialization from it and people with caring hearts looking out for them.

He might also be looking for a replacement for Susan at the church, after all church is where he found her. He's going to be needing a woman who can go out and earn a good paycheck to hand over to him and how can he feel all powerful, pulling all the strings if he doesn't have a woman who will be affected by it.

VB

He might also be looking for a replacement for Susan at the church, after all church is where he found her. He's going to be needing a woman who can go out and earn a good paycheck to hand over to him and how can he feel all powerful, pulling all the strings if he doesn't have a woman who will be affected by it.

VB

Now you know that daddy will provide for all of Joshy's needs. ;)

Now you know that daddy will provide for all of Joshy's needs. ;)

JP has the income from the rental which will make him ineligible for welfare. He might be able to get food stamps. I wonder if he's out applying for jobs!

JP has the income from the rental which will make him ineligible for welfare. He might be able to get food stamps. I wonder if he's out applying for jobs!

Once Susan's life insurance pays off (she worked for Wells Fargo, do you think they provided a life insurance benefit to employees?), he can use the funds to buy magnets and start selling homes in Puyallup.

Maybe the life insurance company will offer a bigger reward, because they still come out ahead if they don't have to pay it to POI. But then again, how will he ever prove to them she is dead?

Once Susan's life insurance pays off (she worked for Wells Fargo, do you think they provided a life insurance benefit to employees?), he can use the funds to buy magnets and start selling homes in Puyallup.
powellmag.jpg

"Here's something creepy to put into your Susan Powell scrapbook. A fridge magnet business card once distributed by bankrupt husband Josh Powell. Wonder what that would bring on Ebay?"
http://blogs.sltrib.com/slcrawler/index.php?p=9432&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I think Susan was smart enough to put the kids or one of her family down as the benny along with her wishes. Maybe a trust of some sort.

I think Susan was smart enough to put the kids or one of her family down as the benny along with her wishes. Maybe a trust of some sort.

Yep, that would have been smart. Or her parents, whom she could trust to do the right thing for the children.

Just curious, there must be a fixed time after which a missing and unaccounted-for person is legally considered deceased? How long is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl