Cox Family Press Conference - 15 Feb 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that would have been smart. Or her parents, whom she could trust to do the right thing for the children.

Just curious, there must be a fixed time after which a missing and unaccounted-for person is legally considered deceased? How long is it?

I don't know; but, based on the note Susan wrote in her notebook at work that said something to the effect of "If I'm ever found dead, it won't be by suicide", along with the fears she expressed to various friends and family members, the insurance company investigators would come up with enough evidence to suspect foul play on JP's part to not pay JP, if indeed he is the beneficiary. (At least one would hope so.) I will be HOPPING mad if JP ends up getting the money.

Someone previously asked if Susan's employer provided a life insurance policy for it's employees. The answer to this is YES. Each employee receives a $50,000.00 life insurance policy which can be increased if the employee signs up for a larger one.

I don't know; but, based on the note Susan wrote in her notebook at work that said something to the effect of "If I'm ever found dead, it won't be by suicide", along with the fears she expressed to various friends and family members, the insurance company investigators would come up with enough evidence to suspect foul play on JP's part to not pay JP, if indeed he is the beneficiary. (At least one would hope so.) I will be HOPPING mad if JP ends up getting the money.

Someone previously asked if Susan's employer provided a life insurance policy for it's employees. The answer to this is YES. Each employee receives a $50,000.00 life insurance policy which can be increased if the employee signs up for a larger one.

This is what I think would happen:

After the statutory amount of time has passed, (probably a couple-three years, don't know for sure about Utah) Josh applies for the life insurance benefit.

The insurance company says, "No, we are not going to pay it out. There may be foul play involved, and we think it may involve you. The terms and conditions clearly state that you cannot collect life insurance benefits of someone you have killed."

Josh says, "I didn't kill her. Pay up."
Ins. Co. says, "We're not paying until the police clear your name. Sue us."

Josh says, "Fine, see you in court!"
Ins. Co. says, "Great. See you there! By the way, we plan to ask for thousands of pages of discovery. We plan to depose you, your father, your brothers, your sisters, your mother, your brother in law, Mr. Peterson, the mooning lady, and anybody and everybody who has two words to say on the subject of your wife's disappearance. And after we are done deposing, we will march into court and subpoena their testimony. And since it is a civil case, expect to testify yourself. Plan to spend two or three weeks on the witness stand. By the time we are done, you'll never need another colonoscopy because the whole world will have the inside of your *advertiser censored** memorized!"

Josh says, "Never mind. Don't really need the money that badly after all."

This is what I think would happen:

After the statutory amount of time has passed, (probably a couple-three years, don't know for sure about Utah) Josh applies for the life insurance benefit.

The insurance company says, "No, we are not going to pay it out. There may be foul play involved, and we think it may involve you. The terms and conditions clearly state that you cannot collect life insurance benefits of someone you have killed."

Josh says, "I didn't kill her. Pay up."
Ins. Co. says, "We're not paying until the police clear your name. Sue us."

Josh says, "Fine, see you in court!"
Ins. Co. says, "Great. See you there! By the way, we plan to ask for thousands of pages of discovery. We plan to depose you, your father, your brothers, your sisters, your mother, your brother in law, Mr. Peterson, the mooning lady, and anybody and everybody who has two words to say on the subject of your wife's disappearance. And after we are done deposing, we will march into court and subpoena their testimony. And since it is a civil case, expect to testify yourself. Plan to spend two or three weeks on the witness stand. By the time we are done, you'll never need another colonoscopy because the whole world will have the inside of your *advertiser censored** memorized!"

Josh says, "Never mind. Don't really need the money that badly after all."

Wouldn't that be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !!!!!!:Banane11::Banane11::Banane11:

JP has the income from the rental which will make him ineligible for welfare. He might be able to get food stamps. I wonder if he's out applying for jobs!

Well, he has to pay the house mortgage payment out of the rent. After expenses, you have the net profit. I'm willing to bet that he will be lucky if the house even pays for itself. With the housing market the way it is, there is no shortage or houses for rent, which drives the rent down.

Well, he has to pay the house mortgage payment out of the rent. After expenses, you have the net profit. I'm willing to bet that he will be lucky if the house even pays for itself. With the housing market the way it is, there is no shortage or houses for rent, which drives the rent down.

My point was the fact he owns a house but is not living in it will make him ineligible for welfare. So, he'll just have to make due off of what's left over each month after the mortgage is paid if indeed that amount is more than the payment is.

When you are on welfare, you have a right to own your own home and can receive benefits. But, if you own a home and are not living in it but renting it out to someone, you aren't eligible.

Thankfully, since Susan's case is so high profile, he can't commit welfare fraud and claim that he is living in the house, when he isn't, and get welfare on top of receiving the rent payments to use to pay his mortgage.

JP is going to have to get a job or his daddy will have to support him!

I doubt he could get a job shoveling up runned over raccoons at this point! Poor guy!!

I hope to see him working at a job very soon, making licence plates :)

VB

I hope to see him working at a job very soon, making licence plates :)

VB

Too bad he won't be incarcerated in the Philippines! He won't get to dance in a little orange uniform! Lol! You HAVE to watch this video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbfCQ6eV_I[/ame]

gwenabob, you are hysterical! I wish there was a way to make that post "post of the week"!

I just looked at the Wikipedia page on the Disappearance of Susan Powell, and it seems odd that it links off of another Susan Powell page, making it much harder to find from google. I also noticed that it doesn't list the allegations of domestic violence in the case.

I just looked at the Wikipedia page on the Disappearance of Susan Powell, and it seems odd that it links off of another Susan Powell page, making it much harder to find from google. I also noticed that it doesn't list the allegations of domestic violence in the case.

Whomever "made it" didn't put much effort into it at all. They didn't even include photos: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Susan_Powell[/ame]

I just googled it and it came up as the first one on the page, maybe you just had a glitch. Yes, no mention of DV, then again it was not mentioned on the Dr. Phil show either. It was only mentioned at their press conference. I wonder if Dr. Phil wouldn't let them mention it because there was never any police reports filed on it.

Pretty much every day I type "susan powell" into the google search engine. It's not near the top of the page, and the link on Wikipedia is for [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Powell"]Susan Powell is an American beauty pageant contestant, [/ame] actress, singer, and television hostess known for being selected as Miss America in 1981

Pretty much every day I type "susan powell" into the google search engine. It's not near the top of the page, and the link on Wikipedia is for Susan Powell is an American beauty pageant contestant, actress, singer, and television hostess known for being selected as Miss America in 1981

The best way to find news about Susan Powell is to go to http://news.google.com and type "Susan Powell". After you get your results, click on "Sort most recent first".

You can also search YouTube using the advanced search for "Susan Powell" then sort your results by upload date.

I have a Google alert set up for Susan Powell so I receive an e-mail every time her name is posted to the Internet: http://alerts.google.com

My point was what comes up on the search engine and on the Wiki page. I could get somewhere faster, but always pick the back roads for the scenery. That's an advantage when it comes to picking up small tidbits. In fact, I came across a page that credits a rumor that blood was found on Josh's carpet to someone from WVCPD. I couldn't find that discussed on WS, although it may have been.

If the story that accompanies this claim is true, which is here then POI is even more of a dumbass than I had figured. I still figure he used the generator to keep the kids warm and mask any other noises. But this guy does mention blood on the carpet, and I found it by taking byways around the search engine.

My point was what comes up on the search engine and on the Wiki page. I could get somewhere faster, but always pick the back roads for the scenery. That's an advantage when it comes to picking up small tidbits. In fact, I came across a page that credits a rumor that blood was found on Josh's carpet to someone from WVCPD. I couldn't find that discussed on WS, although it may have been.

If the story that accompanies this claim is true, which is here then POI is even more of a dumbass than I had figured. I still figure he used the generator to keep the kids warm and mask any other noises. But this guy does mention blood on the carpet, and I found it by taking byways around the search engine.

That link isn't working.

Says a lot doesn't it that we care more about Susan than Josh does; just the fact that he moved right out of Dodge; and his actions are not one of a husband who is saddened at her disappearance. I only hope that justice is served eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther