WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they didn't get muddy and dirty up there? Maybe the car and tires got dirty in the CB area. Maybe the killer drove her car from CB up to PC and couldn't go any further so left it where it was found. Maybe the only accomplice was to pick him up and give him a ride back home or to the boat launch for his vehicle? Maybe he did walk down? Maybe there was no accomplice.

speculation

It is unlikely the dirt and mud were from drive MC's car to CB because there would be no reason to drive the car on anything but a paved road. There's few, if any, unpaved roads in CB.

The State Patrol is also involved and as far as I know they have no jurisdictional limitations?

Perhaps the neighbor saw an open or broken window or patio door and she investigated and that was what prompted LE's arrival?

speculation

I haven't seen a 911 call record that supports that theory but it's possible.

It is unlikely the dirt and mud were from drive MC's car to CB because there would be no reason to drive the car on anything but a paved road. There's few, if any, unpaved roads in CB.

Don’t several of the parks and campgrounds have dirt and or gravel roads and parking lots?

In your opinion, do you think that Mackenzie was brought to CB already deceased?

Yes, that's my OPINION. I believe it would be too dangerous and risky to drive all the way to CB with an alive MC in the car, especially if it was just one person who took her there. I'm pretty certain LE were searching for MC at the time the perps drove her to CB.

Plus, I don't see any point in driving MC all the way to CB just to kill her.

Yes, that's my OPINION. I believe it would be too dangerous and risky to drive all the way to CB with an alive MC in the car, especially if it was just one person who took her there. I'm pretty certain LE were searching for MC at the time the perps drove her to CB.

Plus, I don't see any point in driving MC all the way to CB just to kill her.

LE has stated that there was no abduction, maybe she went of her own free will?

IF MC drove her own car up PC, why would she wash it first? I don't believe she drove her own car up there.

If this is true, then based on the perps known history in this case, I SUSPECT they may have been planning on ditching the car near or just over the county line (Chelan County / Kittitas County).

You think that their Goal was to ditch it in Kittitas county, or that's where it would have ended up if they reached their destination?

IMO, the fact that multiple jurisdictions are involved is just a biproduct of how the creature(s) committed the crime. Since I think this was an accident initially, and the coverup was done in haste, the position of county lines were not on their radar.

Which really makes me wonder where else that car went prior to being found.

- Did the car go further up the canyon- possibly with MC driving- and then get placed back lower?
- Did the car go to another location that the tire mud came from?

February 9th was a clear, nice day in Wenatchee. It was sunny and dry. I now remember that was the day- I took a hike up Saddlerock at about 2:30 in the afternoon. The hike was a bit muddy in spots, but not bad.

That car easily could have made it further up Pitcher canyon rd that day. I have owned a similar vehicle (GM front wheel drive mid size) and driven up in those hills with it. The only issue would have been road clearance, but if I recall correctly, it's not too rough up there- at least for a good way.

If she did have the car washed that day, there is nowhere in town, or directly on the way to the point the car was discovered that it would have picked up that much mud unless it was driven extensively on dirt roads.

This also makes me wonder: If she did have the car washed, could she have already been to the place where she went. By this I'm trying to say possibly she had a spot, off a dirt road where she had been prior to washing the car and picking up a passenger where, from where, with the car clean she took the passenger to, got the car dirty again and possibly met her demise?

I don't believe her car would have made it farther. I went up there the next day after she disappeared and my sedan couldn't have made it. Right after the spot the car was ditched the road gets very steep, rutted and muddy.

ETA- The mailboxes for the remaining houses up the canyon (only 3 or 4) are all where her car was ditched because I don't think postal trucks can make it.

I totally agree with you.

It should be pointed out, however, that LE must have had more information and evidence regarding the Spec house than what was stated in your post or what we know.

LE must have searched the Spec house pursuant to a search warrant. But the small amount of info stated in your post and what we know is not enough to establish probable cause for a judge to issue a search warrant for a house.

If they got information that MC had been there on the day she was missing, (say at around 5:40 pm on Tuesday)***, they wouldn't have needed a warrant to enter the house. At the time they were looking for MC alive. The search could have only been a cursory search for her, (but anything officers saw within "plain view" of this search could have been used to get a warrant to do a further search).

*** I'm still of the belief the ping location information did not come in until the second set of cell phone records came in, (not that initial report which would have included text messages and calls made and received). The ping records are collected by cell phone towers, (some under different ownership), and are not as easy to recover as the billing and text message data. The first set of data may have included which tower received it, but that only puts the location within a 4 mile, (approx.), radius.

If they got information that MC had been there on the day she was missing, (say at around 5:40 pm on Tuesday)***, they wouldn't have needed a warrant to enter the house. At the time they were looking for MC alive. The search could have only been a cursory search for her, (but anything officers saw within "plain view" of this search could have been used to get a warrant to do a further search).

*** I'm still of the belief the ping location information did not come in until the second set of cell phone records came in, (not that initial report which would have included text messages and calls made and received). The ping records are collected by cell phone towers, (some under different ownership), and are not as easy to recover as the billing and text message data. The first set of data may have included which tower received it, but that only puts the location within a 4 mile, (approx.), radius.

What about probable cause? Does that give them some right to enter a home? If they found out the home was related prior to finding her body, couldn’t they have entered the home without a search warrant?

My exact thoughts. It's reported that person became 'very upset' at what she saw at the spec house so I expect it would be something horrific, perhaps something bloodied?

If this person knew MC had a connection to this house, (knowing it was WC's house would be that connection), and they noticed something missing, e.i. carpet removed -- I would think that might make them "very upset" too.

Point is, it could have been the lack of something that upset this person, therefore still no real evidence.

Speculation follows:
  • MC and perp drive to the spec house - not a common trip.
  • Something occurs that causes MC's demise.
  • Perp performs a quick clean-up in spec and it's not much to clean.
  • Perp needs to move MC and her car.
  • Perp carries MC to / places her in her car.
  • Perp drives to CB because he and MC have visited there on a few occasions - it's familiar.
  • Perp places MC's body at the CB property.
  • Perp drives back towards Wenachee but can't park the car where he would be seen leaving it and he does not want to drive too far because he'd have no easy way of getting back to where he wants to be so he drives MC's car up PC and walks away unnoticed.
There was a 911 call on the 2/20 (?) that reported a ski-capped, scrubby individual with a red backpack walking along PC or other road that leads from that area -- could the perp have hidden somewhere in that area until the 20th? Not likely but thought I'd re-kindle this item in case someone has more info.

Perhaps there is still another location that hasn't been found.........down a dirt road. There was 4 days between PC and CB!

speculation

Don't know what LE thinks, but the Hurds saw it by 7PM, reported it a few minutes after 8PM.

What I would like to know is if it was warm at 7PM or cold. That would give us an idea as to how long it had been at the location?

What about probable cause? Does that give them some right to enter a home? If they found out the home was related prior to finding her body, couldn’t they have entered the home without a search warrant?

That's what I was trying to point out. So yes. When searching for someone alive, much - MUCH - more leeway is taken and received from the courts on searches.

If this person knew MC had a connection to this house, (knowing it was WC's house would be that connection), and they noticed something missing, e.i. carpet removed -- I would think that might make them "very upset" too.

Point is, it could have been the lack of something that upset this person, therefore still no real evidence.

I'm not so sure ... the 'thought' of something, as is implied by the 'missing carpet' theory, or an actual visual, such as something blood-tinted? That's a tough call ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona