WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the description of the lady? Very close to the one of MC, but their pics are very different as well as ages and her kid was with her. This is very weird.

Did you read the description of the lady? Very close to the one of MC, but their pics are very different as well as ages and her kid was with her. This is very weird.

KOMO's news says that her wallet was in the van, but her purse was gone.

weird!

Here are some more pictures of Crescent Bar.

You'll see a more up-close pictures of the cliffs, a picture showing how rocky the beach is near the area where MC's body was found, an overhead view where you can see some condos, the boat launch and the Columbia River, and a picture of people docked at the area where the boat launch is.

I'm inserting two to compare also- as this is driving me batty.

In these two pictures you can see, even from the different angles, that in the RH pic there are homes, etc on the shore away. This other- more in focus pic of CB than realtor shot- shows no homes on that shore. There simply are not houses over there on that shore. I noted that when down at CB yesterday.

I couldn't get the Google map to insert, but if you do a Crescent Bar search you can see from the overhead, satellite shot that although the golf course extends along the bar a ways, there are no homes or structures along that shore.

Also, do the search and see how barren all the land is surrounding CB. Too much green in the RH pic for CB. Those are baslt cliffs along the river- nothing grows on them

And, I'll respectfully add, one can find a rocky beach just like that found in the pic on the South Shore of Lake Chelan. There is a stretch just up lake (just in and up past turn at Pat and Mike's grocery) where several homes have that waterfront and near exact view. I know. I stay there every August.

Attachments

• CB 1.jpg
    CB 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
  • MC investigation 1.jpg
    MC investigation 1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 15
Okay, sleuthers. Been gone all day and am not going to take the time to read what I missed. This is what I can give you today.

I did not speak with J's brother today, but I did speak with someone else that is very close to J. J spent almost 2 weeks with this person after MC's body was found.

When MC left the Academy, she was planning on meeting up with Mr. Tacoma, according to her friends there. Mr. Tacoma apparently does have a gang connection. J knew nothing about Mr. Tacoma until after she disappeared. MC & J had NOT broken up before this day. As far as he knew, there was nobody else but him.

MC went to Target, where J is employed. She walked in and saw him and walked back out. He txted her........she txted him back. No idea if she had Mr. Tacoma with her or not, or if they had met up yet. However; she left the Academy at 3:01 and, IIRC, the txt's were at 3:40.......more.........

I don't think these are related. Her fiance says she called and said they were lost in Olympia, late Saturday evening. It was said she made a phone call.

"Simmons says Shantina did contact a family member at about 10pm last night to says she had been in an accident, but was okay"

Hopefully they didn't fall into harm's way after having some kind of accident. Praying they are found alive and well!:angel:

As I said, J knew nothing about anyone else. MC did not talk much when she was with J. However; MC and WC were not getting along. Lots of arguing, but the argument could be made (nice, huh?) that most 17 year old daughters and Mom's have issues, so that, in itself, isn't so unnatural. MC did not like JF. She thought he was a jerk. However, MC never spoke to J about any kind of a relationship between herself and JF. She never said anything to J about a (rumored) rape. His feelings (rumored) are that she was living a double life. He has no idea if she was doing any kind of drugs.

Is the Tacoma guy the one on the FB page, or another Tacoma guy?

One of the first rumors I heard, was a guy from Tacoma.....and I heard that around Feb 15.

Was MC at target around 3:40? Then,maybe she went to the boat dock, and next to the car wash??

Nobody can think of any connection with where the car was ditched. There is a spot nearby where the kids have been know to go party, tho. It left me before I could write it down. sorry. I did ask about Palisades and kids are known to party there, also.
HOWEVER: JF's main area of business for many years was Quincy and CB. He knows the area extremely well.

Also, Mc and RC had a great relationship. He is a stand up guy.

Finally, gangs DO and WILL do such a thing to a person, merely for initiation, and think nothing of it. Doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl. A guy will kill a girl the same as another guy. The only thing is............they would not hide the body. They don't care. They do and they want it known. Therefore, it appears none of the people that I talked to believe the gang theory. They think JF is more likely to have involvement, but, again, no knowledge of a rumored rape or a rumored relationship. It seems MC did not confide in J and was living somewhat of a double life. J is very devastated. He had just bought her Valentine's gift the day her body was found.

Since I did not speak directly with J, I must say this is rumor and speculation.

As I said, J knew nothing about anyone else. MC did not talk much when she was with J. However; MC and WC were not getting along. Lots of arguing, but the argument could be made (nice, huh?) that most 17 year old daughters and Mom's have issues, so that, in itself, isn't so unnatural. MC did not like JF. She thought he was a jerk. However, MC never spoke to J about any kind of a relationship between herself and J. She never said anything to J about a (rumored) rape. His feelings (rumored) are that she was living a double life. He has no idea if she was doing any kind of drugs.

Oh my...

I've done searches on Mr. T and I cant seem to find much of anything.

No HS pics or a school he attended. His GF listed has traveled alot, lived in

alot of places but has a history and is org from Ark, I believe.

Okay, sleuthers. Been gone all day and am not going to take the time to read what I missed. This is what I can give you today.

I did not speak with J's brother today, but I did speak with someone else that is very close to J. J spent almost 2 weeks with this person after MC's body was found.

When MC left the Academy, she was planning on meeting up with Mr. Tacoma, according to her friends there. Mr. Tacoma apparently does have a gang connection. J knew nothing about Mr. Tacoma until after she disappeared. MC & J had NOT broken up before this day. As far as he knew, there was nobody else but him.

MC went to Target, where J is employed. She walked in and saw him and walked back out. He txted her........she txted him back. No idea if she had Mr. Tacoma with her or not, or if they had met up yet. However; she left the Academy at 3:01 and, IIRC, the txt's were at 3:40.......more.........

Geez, if the above is true, I can't imagine the many emotions that must've been going on in J's mind and heart after Mackenzie went missing; and again when her body was found. Poor kid!

I'd love to hear your gut feelings on it, AR!

Thanks, AR!

re: post #234
I think you've got too many 'J' names and I'm getting confused. Also I think you said MC where you meant WC? Can you double check it? All these initials! :crazy:

Is the Tacoma guy the one on the FB page, or another Tacoma guy?

One of the first rumors I heard, was a guy from Tacoma.....and I heard that around Feb 15.

That, I don't know for sure. I think the belief is that they met on-line and I have no idea if this was their first meeting or if they had gotten together before 2/9.

It sure leads one to think that he is high on the radar, especially with the gang connection. Maybe he was searching for someone away from home for his initiation? Maybe he had a gf that needed help with her initiatiion? IDK

speculation

That, I don't know for sure. I think the belief is that they met on-line and I have no idea if this was their first meeting or if they had gotten together before 2/9.

It sure leads one to think that he is high on the radar, especially with the gang connection. Maybe he was searching for someone away from home for his initiation? Maybe he had a gf that needed help with her initiatiion? IDK

speculation

So there's a possibility she had never seen him before? Just chatting online?

Thanks, AR!

re: post #234
I think you've got too many 'J' names and I'm getting confused. Also I think you said MC where you meant WC? Can you double check it? All these initials! :crazy:

oops. edited that.

Geez, if the above is true, I can't imagine the many emotions that must've been going on in J's mind and heart after Mackenzie went missing; and again when her body was found. Poor kid!

I'd love to hear your gut feelings on it, AR!

Well, I think there were at least 2 scumbags in MC's life. My gut tells me that Mr. Tacoma is the main guy that LE is interested in. It's too much of a coincidence that she meets this guy on line, then plans to meet him the same day she goes missing! Oh! I do have one more piece of info. I'll put it in another post.

speculation

The following are rumors I heard around feb. 15:
Actually, the rumor I heard was a guy from Tacoma, met her online. I didn't hear he was gang related. I heard the whole situation might be gang related but no news on if guy from Tacoma was in a gang.

has anyone been able to find a picture of him in HS? or with anyone else for that matter? take note that on his FB page he has a GF listed, but she doesn't have a BF listed.

Im getting a bad feeling

This person I was talking to that is close to J, was also speaking to one of the barrista's at MC's favorite coffee spot. She related to him that a person from LE drove up shortly after MC"s body was found and she was expressing her fear and wanted to know if she should think about arming herself. The officer told her that he could not explain why, but that she did not have to worry about a crazed rapist on the loose, that it was close to home.

So, we can speculate some more on this speculation and more rumor, since I didn't get it firsthand from the barrista. I'm thinking I might need a coffee tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519