WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purse. Ithink this was quite a few threads back. But most felt it was a Purse that finshed this sentance.

True, that was briefly discussed back in thread 10, pages 8 & 9. Just re-examining evidence in light of new possibilities, namely, the possible slip of the tongue by LE about MC being hurt, not just missing, when they first examined the car for evidence.

Let's hope this day brings more possibilities, and actual facts.

True, that was briefly discussed back in thread 10, pages 8 & 9. Just re-examining evidence in light of new possibilities, namely, the possible slip of the tongue by LE about MC being hurt.

Let's hope this day brings more possibilities, and actual facts.

So maybe LE is putting more credibility into the rumor then we are that MC was seen disheaveled walking along the road?

After typing that out, I realize it wasn't an interview. The reporter only asked one question. It was a scripted verbal press release. Also, couple things that stand out...

While sheriff was campaigning for reelection it sounds like he almost said they got a call that MC was hurt:

"We have 4 different agencies that are involved in it, that's why I created the task force to begin with when we originally got the call that she was hur.. she was missing. Umm so, ..."

Took him a bit to get back on track there too??? LE never originally got a call that she was missing. They called RC and found that out, I thought??? Wierd...

It is possible that the statement "we originally got the call that she was hur..." was actually the beginning of "heard" -- as in "she was heard to have been late for dinner" or "heard to be missing." He then just simply stated -- "she was missing." It is likely there were a few phone calls exchanged between LE and MC's family.

Just another possible interpretation of the stumbling...

It is possible that the statement "we originally got the call that she was hur..." was actually the beginning of "heard" -- as in "she was heard to have been late for dinner" or "heard to be missing." He then just simply stated -- "she was missing." It is likely there were a few phone calls exchanged between LE and MC's family.

Just another possible interpretation of the stumbling...

I agree. Original LE statements were that RC stated when contacted ..."MC was late for curfew". As in "heard...to be late for curfew"
JMO

The thing is, the only call LE has told us that they received was the call from the Hurds that set this all in motion.

No on called LE to tell them that she was missing. LE called Reid Cowell to tell him that they had found his daughter's car, and that's when RC told LE that she was late for dinner.

So LE saying "we got a call that she was ...." -- that's something that they haven't told us before. According to all other reports, they didn't get a call... they made the call.

We are not prepared to identify anybody of interest yet or a suspect, but that's just part of these investigations.

That right there says that they have a suspect/POI, but they're not ready to publicly identify this person yet.

I also think this is a big deal. Maybe there was a last ditch effort call. Maybe that was the last ping. I think this slip up is quite significant.

We are not prepared to identify anybody of interest yet or a suspect, but that's just part of these investigations.

That right there says that they have a suspect/POI, but they're not ready to publicly identify this person yet.

I came to the exact conclusion. This is screaming that they have a POI. I think this is very positive.

The thing is, the only call LE has told us that they received was the call from the Hurds that set this all in motion.

No on called LE to tell them that she was missing. LE called Reid Cowell to tell him that they had found his daughter's car, and that's when RC told LE that she was late for dinner.

So LE saying "we got a call that she was ...." -- that's something that they haven't told us before. According to all other reports, they didn't get a call... they made the call.

We do know that it was reported that MC's "parents and boyfriend" were at PCR road the evening her car was found. Therefore, there were a few phone calls exchanged.

I can only imagine that there were several calls made that evening amongst LE, family and bf in an attempt to determine if anyone had spoken to her, knew where she was and why her car was there...and if in fact she was missing. I would think, as a parent, if you received a phone call like RC received from LE -- you'd immediately be on the phone calling MC, bf, mother, etc. to try to confirm her whereabouts. It is possible that then RC called LE back to report that she is missing. My point is that we are possibly reading too much into the stumbling interview, but I really don't know.

Anyway, true, we have only heard about the call made from LE to RC that identified the vehicle and indicated she was expected home for dinner.

ETA: I have never seen anything reported specifically as to who exactly were the "parents" at PCR?

Why was there "children's clothes" in the back?
Did MC have young brothers or sisters?

i had heard there was toddler clothing (second hand from the guy that found the car)

i had heard there was toddler clothing (second hand from the guy that found the car)

MC was very thin, though tall. With the errrr.... abbreviated clothing that teens favor, some of her clothes could very well look like a child's clothes through the window.

At any rate, everyone agrees that it wasn't unusual for her to have lots of clothes and shoes in her car.

Relative to nothing here, I wonder why JL's myspace
has a four photo "collage" with " makenzie model of the month" across the top Does he have monumental bad taste or stupidity?

I haven't been able to view it large, but I don't think it's our Mac. Just a coincidence. Doesn't look like her to me.

I haven't been able to view it large, but I don't think it's our Mac. Just a coincidence. Doesn't look like her to me.

I think that was mentioned in a thread ago that it wasn't her. I agree, that is a different girl. Still think these young girls need to be careful of JL and their posing in odd locations.

ETA: I have never seen anything reported specifically as to who exactly were the "parents" at PCR?

Respectfully snipped...

I've not seen anything stating which 17-year-old boyfriend she texted "hey" to, nor which boyfriend showed up at the car site.

I assume it was JV who showed up at the car site... like you said, probably the first person that RC called was JV to see if M was there. Second person, likely, was WC, to see if she was there.

So I assume that both parents and JV showed up at the car site.

But JV is 21, not 17, as many reports have stated as the age of the person she texted.

(I hope I'm remembering this right... or did the press state that a 17 year old boyfriend showed up at the car site? So many facts to keep straight, considering that we know little to zero about this case.)

Still, though... I think it's bad taste, too...

The girl missing is named Mackenzie. And after she goes missing, he puts up a photo collage of a girl named Makenzie. Considering his constant involvement in everything Mackenzie, it looks like he's trying to spur intrigue with his business by posting a model with a similar name.

What that tells me is that if he'd ever shot Mackenzie, he'd have her photos up on his MS. But there are no photos at all of Mackenzie in any of his albums. The closest he got to Mackenzie was shooting HR in early March. The guy's an oddball attention ho, to say the least.

Relative to nothing here, I wonder why JL's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/directorjosh728 has a four photo "collage" with " makenzie model of the month" across the top Does he have monumental bad taste or stupidity?

Is that a different spelling for Mackenzie or a typo?

Maybe in his consistent sleezy mindset that he is trying to create a memorial to our MC. Either way, he is both BT and S.

ETA: Puf beat me to it. But if it is that same MacKenzie, is he so self absorbed (really doesn't care) that he didn't even bother how MC's spelled her name...yet claim to care to throw a "fund raiser"? I hope for his sake this is simply a typo or our misunderstanding.

Still, though... I think it's bad taste, too...

The girl missing is named Mackenzie. And after she goes missing, he puts up a photo collage of a girl named Makenzie. Considering his constant involvement in everything Mackenzie, it looks like he's trying to spur intrigue with his business by posting a model with a similar name.

What that tells me is that if he'd ever shot Mackenzie, he'd have her photos up on his MS. But there are no photos at all of Mackenzie in any of his albums. The closest he got to Mackenzie was shooting HR in early March. The guy's an oddball attention ho, to say the least.

Looking a the collage there are pictures taken at the same stables that Mackenzie had pictures taken. I'm pretty sure that he was her photographer.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv