WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mackenzie's mom's b/f (or ex-bf) depending on the day, and who you ask, from what I hear. Rumor is their relationship is kind of "on-again, off-again".

thanks! I was figuring that was who it was after reading the latest astro post. wow!

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/01/investigators-missing-cell-phone-data-in-cowell/

Harum said Verizon was the carrier for Cowell’s phone. Certain cell phone records of people who were associated with Cowell also are missing, he said. He did not know what periods were missing.

It has to include missing records of more then just MC & ppl she knew cos if not that def=something (someone?) reeks at (local?) Verizon..So why not tell the whole story instead of raising the public's suspicion re: this issue?

He said he found the missing data situation puzzling because Verizon was able to provide data for Cowell’s phone before and after the purged 12-hour period.

Harum said the situation with Verizon is even more troubling because all data requested from two other phone carriers was available within a day of search warrants being served

It seems to me its just as imp (if not more so) to know WHO contacted MC that day especially in the time period close to her disappearance..The best we can HOPE for is the perp does not have Verizon or that time period is not part of the missing 12 hrs but I have a feeling it is :(

I was referring to the WW going against LE's request to print the information. Yes, it may be public information, but the details of her death were critical in the investigation. They do not want anyone to know how she died.. the WW again went against the wishes of LE and prosecutors and released the info.

I probably didnt answer your question....
It can hurt the case because if POIs are talking about the details/cause of the death and the info is held close, it would only give more evidence against that person.

The information was already released to the public. It was no longer being "held close".

Shortstuff and Scandi -
If you google sheetrock knives, this variation also comes up:

http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/images/SheetrockSaw.jpg

That's one nasty looking sheetrock knife, imo.
Good Morning Liz,

Yes, I saw that gnarly knife. It was the only one there like it, and not knowing what sheetrocker's traditionally use in that area, I went with the more common knife. The knife you show might be hard to remove, eh?

This hunka hunka burnin' love:

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh, I was having a bum day. :)

Also, doesn't he look like he is a few bricks shy of a load... perhaps too many drugs/alcohol in his past/present. He surely doesn't "hold" himself well.

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh, I was having a bum day. :)

Also, doesn't he look like he is a few bricks shy of a load... perhaps too many drugs/alcohol in his past/present. He surely doesn't "hold" himself well.

The way he stands, the way he wears his baseball cap, the "look" on his face...

If I were going to judge a book by its cover, well, I know guys like that. Here's my opinion on the stereotype:

• Lost in youth. Never matured. Always trying to recapture his glory days through drinking beer, talking about "remember whens," listening only to music like Van Halen and Lynyrd Skynyrd, the tunes of which he knows every word.

• Either doesn't pay child support or only pays it because of court order. The new KC lights on his off-road vehicle are more important than his children eating.

• Difficulty in maintaining relationships. He still thinks of himself as a 21-year-old hot piece. Women aging makes him uncomfortable. Has to trade in for the newer models every so often.

• Works for the weekend. Everything he does is geared toward his time off. Life's a party...sucks that you have to earn money to spend on the daily 12-pack (case or two on weekend days).

• Has an anorexic wallet on Monday mornings. Difficulty keeping current with the bills, because, again, the stereo system with 12" woofers ranks higher on the priority list than making a payment on the dishwasher.

• Never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and faults. Always lays blame on someone else. If he crashed because he was DUI, it isn't because he was drinking, it is because someone was in his traffic lane, forcing him to run off the road to avoid a head-on collision.

• Has a mother who has never forced him to take responsibility for anything that he's done wrong. If he's had failed relationships, it was always the woman's fault. If he has had trouble with the law, it's because they're singling him out and picking on him unfairly. If he can't pay his bills, it's because the bank didn't explain to him what a balloon note is. And on and on and on.

• Is a charmer, a charlatan, and a chameleon. Or at least thinks he is. If he's talking to a woman, he tells her what he thinks she wants to hear. If he is talking to an African American, he talks ghetto, because that's how he thinks all black people talk, yo. If he's conversing with a father of a new girlfriend, he's Mr. All American Boy Next Door. If he's drinking beer with his other maturity-stunted guy friends, this is pretty the only time you'll see the real him.

Anyway...all of the above is based on my own character flaw--prejudice against this kind of guy--which in turn is based on experience with guy friends whose looks remind me of him. He might be a Class-A nice guy.... and it's wrong for me to stereotype him... but I just can't help it.

I am not a believer in 'cosmic alignment' showing as recorded history or as a 'controlling factor' in human interaction, but I say 'to each his own'.

Isn't that astro thread theory actually a bit late, as compared to what has been discussed in the 'regular' threads? That theory was discussed many threads ago, and more than once; JF was a WS POI for quite some time.

Actually, the astros were kindly responding to a request to compare the charts of MC and JF. (In other words, they were not tasked with presenting a new theory, but were asked to explain how the two charts intersect/interact.)

I find the astrology thread interesting and appreciate their input, even though I exist in a sea (or sky) of astrological ignorance.

Alt, this may change your water level stuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RUMOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure if my post got overlooked awhile back, or if I posted it. But my source that was living in CB at the time MC body was found, stated to me, that when the people who found her, the lady had her husband call Rock Island Dam to have it shut off if it was spilling water, because she feared MC's body would float out.

Maybe someone could call the dam and ask about this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RUMOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's keep in mind:
  • Body was discovered by passers-by. They call it in.
  • 911 call received @ 12:45 p.m.?
  • LE(s) arrives when? 15 mins, 30 mins, xx mins later?
Alt, you might want to adjust for the time differences?

To what degree was MC surrounded / submerged when LE observed the body as compared to when first observed by passers-by?

Did the body also move with the 'tide' during that period?

If the folks that found the body have a cell phone to call 911, (and have reception), then they also find the body at 12:45 pm, or very close to it. If they have to go back to the house to call, then body found at 12:30ish. Meaning if feet were in the reservoir "water" when LE notices, then even more would have been in the water when the people out for a walk find it - the 11 am "surge" was still on its way down at 1 pm.

Looking at it the other way, if the people that found the body see feet in the reservoir water, then it is possible that LE would not have, (or for very long), because the "surge" waters from Rock Island Dam were completely finished by 2 pm, (in fact there was a dip in elevation below Rock Island Dam at 3 pm). -- Water level graph for the day she was found attached below.

Douglas County LE arrive just before 2 pm, (IIRC, 1:53pm). Between 3 and 4 pm Rock Island elevation climbs over a foot, likely creating another small "surge" wave at the CB shoreline by 4 pm If LE didn't get the body moved by this time, they probably would have needed to when the Rock Island Dam level increased still further at 6 pm. I think LE had time to move the body but not much extra time, IMO.

So now, what I'm wondering is, if they found the body with feet in reservoir "water" wouldn't they ask the Dams to keep the water a little lower for a couple of days while they check out the exact area her body was recovered, (This is only assuming feet were in RESERVOIR water). I'm looking into the water level numbers for the days while LE were investigating the scene now, (well, not really right now -- but I've started and hope to get to it later today). Maybe it will show the water levels were kept lower for a few days because LE wanted to investigate right where she was found - if so, I think this would cause us to lean towards the body being found with feet in reservoir. If it shows "normal" reservoir level variances, maybe not?

This "surge" SPECULATION is leading me to believe IF the body had been placed in the water on Tuesday it would have been much higher on the shoreline. There was quite a large "surge", (including an overall higher water level), late in the evening Tuesday. Plus almost as large of a "surge", (and definitely a longer one), on Wednesday during the day.

Ok, back to work.

ETA: Data comes from Rock Island, (RIS), Tailwater Elevation (HT) and Wanapum Dam, (WAN), Forebay Elevation, (HF), both located on the very large txt document including data from many other dams for the entire month of Feb. That page is here.

Attachments

• Feb.13.bodyfound.water.levels.jpg
    Feb.13.bodyfound.water.levels.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 25
Alt, this may change your water level stuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RUMOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure if my post got overlooked awhile back, or if I posted it. But my source that was living in CB at the time MC body was found, stated to me, that when the people who found her, the lady had her husband call Rock Island Dam to have it shut off if it was spilling water, because she feared MC's body would float out.

Maybe someone could call the dam and ask about this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RUMOR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I noted in previous post, that doesn't appear to have happened. Look at the above attachment. There was an increase in elevation starting between 3 and 4 pm, with it climbing still higher between 5 and 6 pm - maxed at 7 pm. I'm looking into the following days, (days while LE investigated the scene now, not really right now, but I want to get to it).

Ok, trying to look at it another way, maybe the phone call was made and that was the reason for the dip between 2 and 3 pm, but if they had done that would they really fire the generators back up between 3 and 4 pm, then knowing they would likely be covering up a possible crime scene? I don't think so.

ETA: Also about the "spilling water" idea. Neither Rock Island nor Wanapum Dam, (like most, if not all dams, in the month of Feb.), spilled ANY water. All water appears to have gone through the generators, (minus the small amount that would constantly be flowing through fish ladders and such). Maybe it is more difficult to take generators off-line, as it is a rather automated system based on meeting the demands on the electrical grid. This may explain why Rock Island Dam had an increase in elevation from 3 pm to 7 pm -- they couldn't take it off the power grid fast enough? I actually think they could, (and would have if LE had asked), because the power grid is designed to account for emergency maintenance shutdowns of likely two to three dams at a time. One goes down, another generator spins up somewhere else if the power demand calls for it. In that way, if they were asked by LE to lower the reservoir level, they could have just created the power needed from the Rock Island Dam by spinning up another generator at Wanapum Dam, (if all weren't already on-line).

I still don't have the data done far enough out to see what was happening on the reservoir after 9 pm after they found MC's body. But up until this point, it appears Rock Island Dam was still being used on what amounts to a "normal" pattern.

Personally, I think this water level and surge information is some of the most important
sleuthing anyone has done to date! I mean, it's all good, but this is real detective work! I just can't say enough how much I, for one, appreciate all the time and effort you have put into this and all others contributing. I am impressed infinity!!!

As I noted in previous post, that doesn't appear to have happened. Look at the above attachment. There was an increase in elevation starting between 3 and 4 pm, with it climbing still higher between 5 and 6 pm - maxed at 7 pm. I'm looking into the following days, (days while LE investigated the scene now, not really right now, but I want to get to it).

Ok, trying to look at it another way, maybe the phone call was made and that was the reason for the dip between 2 and 3 pm, but if they had done that would they really fire the generators back up between 3 and 4 pm, then knowing they would likely be covering up a possible crime scene? I don't think so.

I meant to quote you, Alt. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I applaud you all in your continued search for MCs killer and your inquisitive minds jumping to places a lot of folks wouldn't go.

If it's any help at all while I was visiting a couple weeks back I had a personal experience with how fast the water rises on that river. In a half an hour the water came about fifteen feet up the beach we had been on and washed away my son's friends little jacket... and this was in less than half an hour if it helps at all to have this information. It would have been the Rocky Reach releasing the water, but I know the dams are timed and all purge at close to the same times and ways in that stretch of the river.

The way he stands, the way he wears his baseball cap, the "look" on his face...

If I were going to judge a book by its cover, well, I know guys like that. Here's my opinion on the stereotype:

• Lost in youth. Never matured. Always trying to recapture his glory days through drinking beer, talking about "remember whens," listening only to music like Van Halen and Lynyrd Skynyrd, the tunes of which he knows every word.

• Either doesn't pay child support or only pays it because of court order. The new KC lights on his off-road vehicle are more important than his children eating.

• Difficulty in maintaining relationships. He still thinks of himself as a 21-year-old hot piece. Women aging makes him uncomfortable. Has to trade in for the newer models every so often.

• Works for the weekend. Everything he does is geared toward his time off. Life's a party...sucks that you have to earn money to spend on the daily 12-pack (case or two on weekend days).

• Has an anorexic wallet on Monday mornings. Difficulty keeping current with the bills, because, again, the stereo system with 12" woofers ranks higher on the priority list than making a payment on the dishwasher.

• Never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and faults. Always lays blame on someone else. If he crashed because he was DUI, it isn't because he was drinking, it is because someone was in his traffic lane, forcing him to run off the road to avoid a head-on collision.

• Has a mother who has never forced him to take responsibility for anything that he's done wrong. If he's had failed relationships, it was always the woman's fault. If he has had trouble with the law, it's because they're singling him out and picking on him unfairly. If he can't pay his bills, it's because the bank didn't explain to him what a balloon note is. And on and on and on.

• Is a charmer, a charlatan, and a chameleon. Or at least thinks he is. If he's talking to a woman, he tells her what he thinks she wants to hear. If he is talking to an African American, he talks ghetto, because that's how he thinks all black people talk, yo. If he's conversing with a father of a new girlfriend, he's Mr. All American Boy Next Door. If he's drinking beer with his other maturity-stunted guy friends, this is pretty the only time you'll see the real him.

Anyway...all of the above is based on my own character flaw--prejudice against this kind of guy--which in turn is based on experience with guy friends whose looks remind me of him. He might be a Class-A nice guy.... and it's wrong for me to stereotype him... but I just can't help it.

What's wrong with Halen or Skynyrd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member