WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the morning news and scanned the Wenatchee World online...found this pic of a stranded boat on the Vantage shoreline. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/15/their-ship-isnt-coming-in/ This pic helps to further illustrate just how dramatic the rise & fall of the water of the river's shoreline can be. Vantage, as most of you already know, is just a few miles downriver from Crescent Bar. I used to boat that stretch of the river and on occasion camped at the sandbar downriver from C.B. I witnessed firsthand what happens to your boat (or any other object resting on the shoreline) as the water rises or drops on relatively short notice. I personally suffered the consequences of both outcomes as a novice boater...boat afloat as well as high & dry. Thus, it is not hard for me to envision several different scenarios with M.C.'s body on the shoreline of that property. Congrats to Al.theory for the voluminous amount of research on the water levels of Lake Wanapum and the info it revealed. I can't be here on the forum all the time, but like many of you am saddened by the shift to the chat room. It has certain benefits, I suppose, when it comes to the ability to share certain aspects of the case, but it really gave me the appearance of a 3-ring circus over there. I choose the forum for ongoing, orderly discussion of this case. Enough said...my kudos to all of you who have worked diligently to help make some headway in this case. And, as much as we may question the L.E.'s handling of certain matters the fact remains, they hold all of the pertinent info regarding the case, and I have to trust they will put together a solid case that brings justice. That's what all of us here would like to see.

I was looking at the morning news and scanned the Wenatchee World online...found this pic of a stranded boat on the Vantage shoreline. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/15/their-ship-isnt-coming-in/ This pic helps to further illustrate just how dramatic the rise & fall of the water of the river's shoreline can be. Vantage, as most of you already know, is just a few miles downriver from Crescent Bar. I used to boat that stretch of the river and on occasion camped at the sandbar downriver from C.B. I witnessed firsthand what happens to your boat (or any other object resting on the shoreline) as the water rises or drops on relatively short notice. I personally suffered the consequences of both outcomes as a novice boater...boat afloat as well as high & dry. Thus, it is not hard for me to envision several different scenarios with M.C.'s body on the shoreline of that property. Congrats to Al.theory for the voluminous amount of research on the water levels of Lake Wanapum and the info it revealed. I can't be here on the forum all the time, but like many of you am saddened by the shift to the chat room. It has certain benefits, I suppose, when it comes to the ability to share certain aspects of the case, but it really gave me the appearance of a 3-ring circus over there. I choose the forum for ongoing, orderly discussion of this case. Enough said...my kudos to all of you who have worked diligently to help make some headway in this case. And, as much as we may question the L.E.'s handling of certain matters the fact remains, they hold all of the pertinent info regarding the case, and I have to trust they will put together a solid case that brings justice. That's what all of us here would like to see.

So perfectly stated, thank you. I would also like to throw out the idea of wind gusts that also affect the "current" of the water. I too have experienced the loss of a boat after it broke off of a buoy at CB and floated close to 3/4 of a mile down river, caused by the severe side winds and the water rush. (Which typically blows downriver, in the direction of SE.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8810&stc=1&d=1271354418

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8811&stc=1&d=1271354603

This is the tree that Autumn Rose and I found blood in, I cut a piece out of the dark area and soaked it in water, the water turned a sort of tea color and by the next day it had become sort like a scab would be. I believe that the perp maybe rested the body there or dropped her hitting her head against the tree trunk, so either the bag ripped or it may not have been on her yet.

This tree is right next to the slope where I slipped and fell on my ba-donk-a-donk, right after my REALTOR did the same thing, and opined that it may have been a way to end up with MC's feet in the water.

On the other side of the slope is what I am guessing is the duck blind.

Great sleuthing, lbpom!

This tree is right next to the slope where I slipped and fell on my ba-donk-a-donk, right after my REALTOR did the same thing, and opined that it may have been a way to end up with MC's feet in the water.

Great sleuthing, lbpom!

that is correct right there!! I think that maybe they went thru that area instead of down that slope because it was so steep, the other area where the blood was, is a little easier to get down and you end up at the same place.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

here is the piece from the tree. I would like to add that this peice is not tree, it is the material that I cut from the tree, it is now, soft and mushy and sticky like a wet scab would be. IT IS NOT SAP. there was a branch that was sliced next to this area and it had sap seeping from it and it was clear. I am sure LE took evidence from this tree, also it is only about 3 feet above the ground and the area is quite steep.
Looks like blood/scab to me

Great sleuthing, lbpom!

While reading the entries over the last few days that you and others had made concerning this, it occurred to me that they (PERP(S) may not have intented for her body to end up on the shoreline, but in this area where you lost your footing. If her arms were above her head when they found her, it may signify a failed attempt on the part of the one or more who put her there to pull her back up in to the brushy area, which I would consider nearly impossible, and as you have stated you could not even descend through that area w/o falling. At which point, I conjecture they may have placed the bag over her head with the intention to return at a later date...to implement whatever else they may have had in mind. MOO

I wanted to throw in my two cents :twocents: on a few things.

First - the lab. Ladies and gentlemen, please be rational thinking adults about this. for those raised on a strict diet of CSI, reality is never good enough. There is one crime lab for all agencies in the State of Washington.
Link: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/forensics/crimlabs.htm
So, while we want desperately for all the scientists to work only on our case (and it is our case!) we all have to remember that they are being handed evidence that other LE needs processed in other cases - with equally fanatical persons working on them.

Second - The chat room seems ot ahve taken over as the place to post and further discuss this case. :banghead: I can't load it and even then, my eyes can't keep up with the small fonts. I am happyto work right here with whoever remains.

I think that any evidence collected so far is probably from the PCR and CB locations. What may disturb us viewing an open house, may not be of importance to the case

Too bad our state doesn't increase the staffing at the crime lab. Seems pretty obvious if that helped solve multiple cases sooner statewide, the increase in labor costs would be payed for many times over each year as crimes are solved quicker and investigations end sooner.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8810&stc=1&d=1271354418

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8811&stc=1&d=1271354603

This is the tree that Autumn Rose and I found blood in, I cut a piece out of the dark area and soaked it in water, the water turned a sort of tea color and by the next day it had become sort like a scab would be. I believe that the perp maybe rested the body there or dropped her hitting her head against the tree trunk, so either the bag ripped or it may not have been on her yet.

...or she was tied to the tree. This could end up being sicker than it already is, JMO.

Too bad our state doesn't increase the staffing at the crime lab. Seems pretty obvious if that helped solve multiple cases sooner statewide, the increase in labor costs would be payed for many times over each year as crimes are solved quicker and investigations end sooner.

I'll jump on this bandwagon, FOR SURE! As a lifelong Wa. state res., I can tell you they always find money to further all of their pet projects & interests, post haste! I applaud those who do this forensic work but sympathize with their lack of adequate staffing & budget cutbacks. This state wastes billions of $$!

While reading the entries over the last few days that you and others had made concerning this, it occurred to me that they (PERP(S) may not have intented for her body to end up on the shoreline, but in this area where you lost your footing. If her arms were above her head when they found her, it may signify a failed attempt on the part of the one or more who put her there to pull her back up in to the brushy area, which I would consider nearly impossible, and as you have stated you could not even descend through that area w/o falling. At which point, I conjecture they may have placed the bag over her head with the intention to return at a later date...to implement whatever else they may have had in mind. MOO

That's why I think that they went around because the perp may have realized that it was to steep and decied that it would be to hard to carry a body down that way and went around the steeper slope and thru the area beside the tree, it is still steep but it takes you around the steepest part of the slope but then you have to round a corner if you will which the perp may have again lost footing and dropped MC ( if being carried ) and MC could have easily hit her head in that exact spot ,sounds like a lot of damage was already done to her head and face. Therefor it would explain why there is that glob of material there, already open wound etc. JMO

...or she was tied to the tree. This could end up being sicker than it already is, JMO.

I still think perhaps droped but the thought did cross my mind that the perp could have rested her there and placed the bag on there or for more or other damage (arm).JMO

Looking at the photo of the tree where blood was found, there is a large fork in the branches. I wonder if the perp might have put the body there,wedged in the crook whilehe/shewas looking for a less steep route?

That's why I think that they went around because the perp may have realized that it was to steep and decied that it would be to hard to carry a body down that way and went around the steeper slope and thru the area beside the tree, it is still steep but it takes you around the steepest part of the slope but then you have to round a corner if you will which the perp may have again lost footing and dropped MC ( if being carried ) and MC could have easily hit her head in that exact spot ,sounds like a lot of damage was already done to her head and face. Therefor it would explain why there is that glob of material there, already open wound etc. JMO

Good point, that may have happened. So MORBID all of this, huh? Just the little we know for sure is bad enough. Imagine the person(s) who found her, the LE or others who had to pick her up and carry her, remove the bag, examine her and complete the necessary forensics over a period of several hours. Some would say, I suppose, that because these people are professionals who deal with these types of situations over the course of many years, that they are equipped more or less to deal with it. I just can't fathom how they are able to let go of those images when they put their head to the pillow at the end of the day. Just my thoughts.

Looking at the photo of the tree where blood was found, there is a large fork in the branches. I wonder if the perp might have put the body there,wedged in the crook whilehe/shewas looking for a less steep route?

Are we positve that is blood in the tree? If it is blood then I hope LE knows about it.....

Thank so much Ibpom and AR for your time. It is very helpful for us that can't get to CB very often or have young children.

Pardon the pun, lbpom, but we may have "stumbled onto something."

If the perp(s) had been carrying MC and slipped on that slope, considering her height, IMO it is entirely possible her head or other body part could have hit that tree.

Speculation, MOO, MOO, MOO.

Pardon the pun, lbpom, but we may have "stumbled onto something."

If the perp(s) had been carrying MC and slipped on that slope, considering her height, IMO it is entirely possible her head or other body part could have hit that tree.

Speculation, MOO, MOO, MOO.

I, for one have never believed that he/she/they 'carried' her down to her final placement on the shoreline but instead may have unloaded her from their vehicle wrapped in a plastic tarp, a tent or a sleeping bag. Transporting her in such a manner would conceal her while loading, transporting & unloading, and could be used to make dragging the body down the hill to the shoreline fairly easy, at which point the remove tarp or material and take it to be destroyed. Seems logical, from what I know about other criminal stories, as most would not risk getting any blood evidence or bodily fluids transferred to their vehicles that might later incriminate them. I also have never believed that her car made the trip to C.B., I instead believe she was delivered there in some other car, van or truck after her decease.

thanks for mentioning that the issueathand. I am new here. Came on here because I saw the compassion and comradery amongst people to help find out what happened to MC. Now it seems when people used to be here, no one is anymore. I would love to see more discussion and help in hopes of finding out what happened. It's very sad for anyone to lose a loved one, but this way makes it even more difficult for family and friends I am sure.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

here is the piece from the tree. I would like to add that this peice is not tree, it is the material that I cut from the tree, it is now, soft and mushy and sticky like a wet scab would be. IT IS NOT SAP. there was a branch that was sliced next to this area and it had sap seeping from it and it was clear. I am sure LE took evidence from this tree, also it is only about 3 feet above the ground and the area is quite steep.

Hi lbpom ... when I click on the link at the top of your post, I got this message: "Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" :confused:

ETA: I see your other attachment (below) works though.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8813&d=1271355222\

Good sleuthing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads