Opinion Piece: Casey Out in 3 Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in a million years ................. KC is going away for a long time with her fans and commissary snacks

My only thoughts to this is there is no way to prove HOW Caylee died. We know it was at the hands of her mother, but what we don't know is if it was an accident due to neglect or if it was intentional. The evidence (at least from what I have seen so far) does not say if Caylee was alive or dead before the tape was placed on. IF there were bite marks on the tape or Caylee's finger prints on the outside of the tape then I could definitely see a DP case. Right now, I think she could change her story to "accidental death that spun out of control". Even with all of her lies a confession of this would satisfy a jury. Along with some remorse, which KC seems incapable of showing. If she is convicted of Manslaughter and gets 15-25 years, she would only do half of that with good behavior. If the trial takes place in 2011...that means she would have already served 3 years and would only have 4 more to serve at minimum before she is out.

In my opinion...it is imperative that prosecution keeps DP on table. That would insure her of at least getting 25 years (the max for manslaughter) or LWOP. I don't think she will get the DP unless SA does a unbelievable job of explaining how Caylee died.

If this trial was taking place in California I might agree. In Florida--no way--jmho.

If this trial was taking place in California I might agree. In Florida--no way--jmho.

True. I have to admit that I am originally from California so I am use to very sketchy sentences.

Mike Thomas must be a good ole buddy of CM (who appears to be driving the defense now.) Otherwise, why pipe up with this at this time?

There is no way. For the trial to be set a year from now for her to be in prison for 3 years that would me she would get some kind of conviction. For what she is charged with 3 years does not seem like much of a punishment.

I have a question since her check charges were time served plus probation does the time served then change to when she was found guilty of the check charges? Sorry for that confusing question but I hope someone has an answer!

I read this on the Orlando Sentinel blog... What are your thoughts on this? I wonder if this is the reason Mason is fighting so hard to get DP off the table. And why he thinks he is going to walk out of the court room with her. Makes sense:
By: Columist Mike Thomas
April 19, 2010

Now that Cheney Mason is on board, that is my bet.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_columnist_mikethomas/

She is going nowhere, except to a prison where they will tell her how to do everything, just as Maia said. Right now, she has it easy. It will get harder, and frankly the article is ridiculous.

My only thoughts to this is there is no way to prove HOW Caylee died. We know it was at the hands of her mother, but what we don't know is if it was an accident due to neglect or if it was intentional. The evidence (at least from what I have seen so far) does not say if Caylee was alive or dead before the tape was placed on. IF there were bite marks on the tape or Caylee's finger prints on the outside of the tape then I could definitely see a DP case. Right now, I think she could change her story to "accidental death that spun out of control". Even with all of her lies a confession of this would satisfy a jury. Along with some remorse, which KC seems incapable of showing. If she is convicted of Manslaughter and gets 15-25 years, she would only do half of that with good behavior. If the trial takes place in 2011...that means she would have already served 3 years and would only have 4 more to serve at minimum before she is out.

In my opinion...it is imperative that prosecution keeps DP on table. That would insure her of at least getting 25 years (the max for manslaughter) or LWOP. I don't think she will get the DP unless SA does a unbelievable job of explaining how Caylee died.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I just can't see KC getting the DP without knowing/proving how Caylee died and that it was intentional. I don't see a jury (a jury not made of WS's) giving the DP when/if Caylee's death gets spun as being an accident, KC panicked, yada, yada, yada.

Here's what I'm considering. Maya, who killed a gang peer, and confessed - got thirty years. She may or may not get parole.

Casey killed a child under 12, that if accidental, is still felony manslaughter. And she is charged with lying to the LE, and if not charged with abusing a body, she should be. A felony manslaughter conviction will get you 30 years. Time served is two years. Murder in the 1st will give you LWOP or the death penalty.

Casey will not be an "innocent" first time offender when she is sentenced. She is already a convicted felon. I'm not seeing three years anywhere here.

No, no and no. Unfortunately folks have sunk to new lows trying to get attention from provocative sound bites and headlines. That is what that is. Nonsense.
This article should not be taken seriously, obviously the author is not a lawyer, nor a judge and only God knows what limited qualifications he had to have to write a opinion article.
Rest assured Lawson Lamar, Mr. Ashton, Mrs. Drane Burdick all know what they are doing. Compare their record to Cheney Mason's any day of the week. Mr. Mason is not the success story the author of that post has him pegged as. Indeed, Mr. Horsnby researched his record and you'll be surprised to learn he found that most of his clients were convicted and sitting behind bars, his latest one is on death row! He is very experienced, he is not some miracle worker. In the short time he has been on this case he has already made some glaring mistakes.

There is no plea offer on the table for Miss Anthony, nor will there EVER be ANY OFFER OF THREE YEARS. The State believes she committed felony murder, purposely and with malice against a helpless child. One doesn't get a three year pass for that. To suggest it is preposterous and ignorant,OR TO BE TAKEN AS A JOKE, imo.

I think he is having a little fun seeing who he could get to from zero to one hundred in ten seconds flat and write him scathing messages. If he is serious, he has a very , very poor understanding of how this matter can and cannot be handled.
I would just take the article as a goof, tell him to get in that long *** line and have a coke and a smile while he waits for his prediction to make it to fruition. If that prediction comes true...., I am the Pope! I am not even Catholic.
In Anthonyland, apparently you can be whoever you want to be. Mr. Lexus Nexis can play attorney. Dominic with his construction background can don a badge, copy a few documents from Muzikman on W/S, go on My Space and call himself an investigator. George who cannot even safeguard Caylee's little piggy bank from his thieiving daughter can work in security! Casey can be an event coordinator, after all she does line up the cups for beer pong. Cindy and George after sending away four thousand volunteers with TES can now be the authority on searching for missing children, and apparently Joy can solve the case, better and faster than all of them combined, even without the magic visions of Ms. Lucas.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I just can't see KC getting the DP without knowing/proving how Caylee died and that it was intentional. I don't see a jury (a jury not made of WS's) giving the DP when/if Caylee's death gets spun as being an accident, KC panicked, yada, yada, yada.

Two words: REASONABLE DOUBT

One Word: GUILTY

Three years, that's a sweet deal for this child murderer...not gonna happen in Florida and it's sure not gonna happen for Casey.

I'm thinking not even in her wildest of dreams would she walk out in three years! The World According has said it best above in his post and ITA.....CM is no miracle worker when it comes to DP cases and the other DP lawyer is more interested in battling the constitutionality of it rather than her clients actual defense. I'd say the defense is is big trouble and yesterday was just another peg.

Scott Peterson got DP in California with much less evidence.

3 yrs would not surprise me in this case...but at this point, I would not be at all surprised if she walked. I still do not see a "smoking gun". tons of circ stuff, but...

Remain calm, you'll be comforted to know that the MAJORITY OF MURDER CASES ARE TRIED AND WON ON CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE, unlike the way Mr. Baez misunderstands and/or misrepresents that fact in his TV sound bites.

IMO, She will not walk. There will be parents on the jury, and the other jurors will not be from MARS, I promise!

Remain calm, you'll be comforted to know that the MAJORITY OF MURDER CASES ARE TRIED AND WON ON CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE, unlike the way Mr. Baez misunderstands and/or misrepresents that fact in his TV sound bites.

IMO, She will not walk. There will be parents on the jury, and the other jurors will not be from MARS, I promise!

like everyone else, my gut tells me that she did something...I am not at all sure what and I do not see how anybody can be sure of exactly what happened.

the only thing I am sure of, is that unless something comes out at trial, I could not convict her without any doubt. I am an intelligent person, and as I have said before, all one has to do is to listen to the very first interview with detectives at KC's "place of business" to realize she has done something, but I see absolutely nothing that ties her to this.

I keep waiting, and hoping

Mike Thomas must be a good ole buddy of CM (who appears to be driving the defense now.) Otherwise, why pipe up with this at this time?

I'd bet you all the money in my pockets that this guy is trying to win favor with the defense, as others clearly have, and get inside scoops, word of the filings before they are recorded, for example. Simple minds are easily amused my Gram used to tell me when she found someone to be loopy.

I liken it to tipping well, and in advance...to get excellent service. Sometimes folks do something in advance hoping or expecting it to be appreciated. If you don't believe me...look into the businesses that contribute to a politician's campaign, then six months later bring that up to him at a business dinner to ask for something.

Or, he wanted to get his byline more recognized. He succeeded at that. He is thinking if Marinade Dave can be a household name, so can I, by golly.

You just can't make this stuff up!!

I'd bet you all the money in my pockets that this guy is trying to win favor with the defense, as others clearly have, and get inside scoops, word of the filings before they are recorded, for example. Simple minds are easily amused my Gram used to tell me when she found someone to be loopy.

I liken it to tipping well, and in advance...to get excellent service. Sometimes folks do something in advance hoping or expecting it to be appreciated. If you don't believe me...look into the businesses that contribute to a politician's campaign, then six months later bring that up to him at a business dinner to ask for something.

Or, he wanted to get his byline more recognized. He succeeded at that. He is thinking if Marinade Dave can be a household name, so can I, by golly.

You just can't make this stuff up!!

What a motley cast of characters has jumped on board (or attempted to) in this case. It just ticks me off big time when someone attempts to plant doubt in the prospective jury pool.

What a motley cast of characters has jumped on board (or attempted to) in this case. It just ticks me off big time when someone attempts to plant doubt in the prospective jury pool.

I have never heard of this writer before but maybe he is just trying to offer a realistic opinion.

The judicial system, like every where else, is hurting for money. There is just never enough to cover all they wish it could. Knowing that the defense will drag this case out with costly motion after motion, tying up the court's time and resources, is it beyond a possibility that the SA's office would settle on reduced charges and therefore a reduced sentence in this case to avoid the cost of a lenghtly, media circus trial?

How many other cases will the SA's office have funds for if their budget is way over extended to convict KC of murder 1? How much do funds, or lack thereof, impact prosecution of cases?

Maybe one of our knowledgeable lawyers could offer an opinion?

like everyone else, my gut tells me that she did something...I am not at all sure what and I do not see how anybody can be sure of exactly what happened.

the only thing I am sure of, is that unless something comes out at trial, I could not convict her without any doubt. I am an intelligent person, and as I have said before, all one has to do is to listen to the very first interview with detectives at KC's "place of business" to realize she has done something, but I see absolutely nothing that ties her to this.

I keep waiting, and hoping
The child, by Casey's own admission, was with her. The experts will testify the child's body was placed in the woods during the time Casey still had the car and the baby. Weeds were growing up through her little skeleton. The bug evidence is very compelling. It has been proven that there is no Zanny. She has admitted that she lied, and lied, and lied. Her parents have lied many times. You only lie when you have something to hide. She has sent the police on wild goose chases. A innocent mother looking for her child does not do that. Unsolicited, and that fact is important, she offered up to Tracey M. that she knows Chloroform will knock one out. She searched for how to make chloroform on her computer. Chloroform was found in the trunk of her car, along with evidence of a possible decomposing body. She and she alone had that car until she abandoned it.

I think once the experts explain the duct tape, how rare it is, show that it is identical or very very similar to, although degraded from the elements, to the duct tape found in the Anthony home, and the ME examiner testifies about it, you will be in a different comfort zone. Think of a crime scene where rare bullet fragments are found, it just so happens that those rare bullets are at the defendant's home, the body is so decomposed one cannot prove the deceased was shot, but one sure can venture a reasonable guess. Reasonable doubt does not mean beyond ANY doubt. This is just one piece of the puzzle. I have good faith in these very experienced prosecutors, if they did not think they had a case for murder one, they would not have charged it as such.
I understand what you are saying. There are a lot of facts that have to be thought of together to come to a conclusion, that is what the prosecutors and their over 100 witnesses will do. I hope this helps a little, I am not a lawyer, I am just giving you my recollections on the fly. The state will have it in a understandable, comprehensive format to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa