Should SA seek to prove that "the murder was committed for pecuniary gain"?

Should SA add #5 aggravating Factor?

• Yes

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 118 77.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 17 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me
AZ, what if they DO have evidence that this was part of KC's motive? I'm thinking about those missing person searches on her computer. She may have not known exactly that she would profit by selling photos but she might have thought about selling Caylee's story. There could be some evidence in those computer searches....maybe? So if they could show knowledge of financial gain PRIOR to Caylee's death they may be able to bring it in?

I don't think the evidence shows that those searches were done before Caylee was missing.

I'd think that if money were motive, then KC would not have sat on the missing story for a whole month until her mother forced her to admit she wasn't around.

In fact, her whole ZFG story sounded like a hasty excuse that she didn't want her mother to inspect too closely; it was not well fleshed out with corroborative details and the particulars tended to change with the clock. (And she changed her story of "give me another day, she's sleeping" to "the nanny took her" which makes me think she was nowhere near having a fake kidnapping/ransom thing ready for her parents.)

However, the minute the MIA story was fabricated that whole family jumped on the publicity bandwagon - whether initially to cover KC's abduction story or to profit is hard to say. But once they realized profit was a by-product, they went whole hog down that road and never stopped. The opportunistic way they handled it, angrily and defensively insisting that the fiction of Caylee being kidnapped and not dead months after the fact and with never a real SODDI in sight, made it look even more like they knew what had happened and were attempting to not only make lemonade from lemons, but were opening a lemonade stand and selling glasses to the public at highly inflated prices.

While the family behavior was transparent and despicable, I doubt KC thought too much about it ahead of time, or even she would have been far more organized about it and would have taken more pains to hide little Caylee's remains to milk it even longer.

I'd think that if money were motive, then KC would not have sat on the missing story for a whole month until her mother forced her to admit she wasn't around.

In fact, her whole ZFG story sounded like a hasty excuse that she didn't want her mother to inspect too closely; it was not well fleshed out with corroborative details and the particulars tended to change with the clock. (And she changed her story of "give me another day, she's sleeping" to "the nanny took her" which makes me think she was nowhere near having a fake kidnapping/ransom thing ready for her parents.)

However, the minute the MIA story was fabricated that whole family jumped on the publicity bandwagon - whether initially to cover KC's abduction story or to profit is hard to say. But once they realized profit was a by-product, they went whole hog down that road and never stopped. The opportunistic way they handled it, angrily and defensively insisting that the fiction of Caylee being kidnapped and not dead months after the fact and with never a real SODDI in sight, made it look even more like they knew what had happened and were attempting to not only make lemonade from lemons, but were opening a lemonade stand and selling glasses to the public at highly inflated prices.

While the family behavior was transparent and despicable, I doubt KC thought too much about it ahead of time, or even she would have been far more organized about it and would have taken more pains to hide little Caylee's remains to milk it even longer.

I agree completely with everything you've stated, Cecybeans. I also don't thing KC is smart enough to have such a "master plan. I'm just looking for an angle that would allow SA to bring in the sale of the photos...that's all.

bolded by me
AZ, what if they DO have evidence that this was part of KC's motive? I'm thinking about those missing person searches on her computer. She may have not known exactly that she would profit by selling photos but she might have thought about selling Caylee's story. There could be some evidence in those computer searches....maybe? So if they could show knowledge of financial gain PRIOR to Caylee's death they may be able to bring it in?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there rumors (?) that Casey was
telling people that she was going to be getting her own place,and moving?

Where was this money coming from? Was she scheeming? :waitasec:

what is so secret about money that the defense needs to go to side bar yesterday to talk about it?

I thought the secret was about the 200 thousand from abc for the photo's/video?
there is something else they want kept secret.....could it be life insurance?....could it be money from donations that were taken to help find caylee?

I voted no...but it is VERY upsetting that the defense gets to have it both ways. They get to say the SA is trying to bankrupt KC when the only money she had was from selling pics of a murdered Caylee, yet I don't think she actually had any of that in mind. I'm sure it was a 'huge' bonus to her to find out that she could get money for those pictures.

I voted no...but it is VERY upsetting that the defense gets to have it both ways. They get to say the SA is trying to bankrupt KC when the only money she had was from selling pics of a murdered Caylee, yet I don't think she actually had any of that in mind. I'm sure it was a 'huge' bonus to her to find out that she could get money for those pictures.

the defense may have said it, but the Judge denied their motion so it will not be an issue at the trial - the Judge will not let them even think about mentioning it.

AND IF the defense is stupid enough to mention it at trial - they open the door for the State to start talking about all the money KC received from ABC. I KNOW JB would not want that to come out at trial, so this nonsense is now dead and buried - the Defense will not bring it up - they know what will happen if they do.

I can't for a minute think KC thought that far ahead, her poor alibi indicates to me her capabilities, and they seem quite limited. IMO this was a crime of jealousy, revenge, and the desire to live as free and wild as she cared too without the burden of a "little snot."

This crime was simple, stupid and direct, with little thought to how the world really works.

what is so secret about money that the defense needs to go to side bar yesterday to talk about it?

there is something else they want kept secret.....could it be life insurance?....could it be money from donations that were taken to help find caylee?

Ohhhhh had not thought about this,could you expound on this theory.?
I forgot all about the money issue side-barred yesterday.:waitasec:

Remember all those slit open envelopes and cards that were in the Anthony's garbage? I wonder how many of those contained money and where that money went. And where the money went from all the collection jars. :waitasec:

I doubt this money was ever recorded anywhere. Even if KC received all (which I doubt) or a portion of it, I doubt that the SA could prove it. If there was an insurance policy with KC as receipent, then the SA would be in a much better position.

ETA Wasn't there a rumour at one time about a large sum from an unnamed donor from out of state (perhaps Ohio?) Maybe that is what the defense wants kept secret....the donor's name and ammount.

I'm wondering about the fight Cindy and ICA had the night of the 15th. Did Cindy tell Casey she would no longer pay for any of Caylee's support, or care and did she also give Casey an ultimatum or a timeline when both she and Caylee needed to be out of the parent's home?

If that was the case, I think those two factors could be considered a reason why causing Caylee's death could be for financial gain. ICA would only be concerned with her own needs after she allegedly killed Caylee.

I believe what JB may want to keep quiet is how he spent the remainder of the money he claims was spent on investigators and experts. A lot of money considering they have nothing to show for it. No experts have yet throughly examined evidence in SA's possession. jmo

ETA: Maybe SA wants to make sure defense has not purchased an RV??? Hey, you can drive to Costa Rica. Mom and Dad letting the house go? JB working to get the DP dropped so maybe KC can ask for bond. Just thinking.....things looking very fishy here.

I believe what JB may want to keep quiet is how he spent the remainder of the money he claims was spent on investigators and experts. A lot of money considering they have nothing to show for it. No experts have yet throughly examined evidence in SA's possession. jmo

ETA: Maybe SA wants to make sure defense has not purchased an RV???

:applause::applause::applause: ROTF!

I'm wondering about the fight Cindy and ICA had the night of the 15th. Did Cindy tell Casey she would no longer pay for any of Caylee's support, or care and did she also give Casey an ultimatum or a timeline when both she and Caylee needed to be out of the parent's home?

If that was the case, I think those two factors could be considered a reason why causing Caylee's death could be for financial gain. ICA would only be concerned with her own needs after she allegedly killed Caylee.

I've always thought that the day Cindy gave as a cut-off for kC to get her act together was Caylee's birthday. As in "If you don't have a REAL job by caylee's birthday, you're out of here and I'm getting custody." I think that's where the "Kidnappers will return her by her birthday" stuff came from.

Anyway--Wasn't there talk of a trust-fund for Caylee. Seems that Cindy or George mentioned it and it was around $15,000 which was the amount KC told TL she had in savings. Does anyone else remember this?

I think no and then I think about the tattoo. The Beautiful Life. Who would get such a tattoo unless you thought you might be coming into money? She was way too superficial to stay with a boyfriend for any length of time to inspire her to get that particular tattoo. And how long had she planned on getting the tattoo. I mean do you just wake up one morning and say, "Hey, my child is missing I think I'll go get a tattoo"???? jmo

I've always thought that the day Cindy gave as a cut-off for kC to get her act together was Caylee's birthday. As in "If you don't have a REAL job by caylee's birthday, you're out of here and I'm getting custody." I think that's where the "Kidnappers will return her by her birthday" stuff came from.

Anyway--Wasn't there talk of a trust-fund for Caylee. Seems that Cindy or George mentioned it and it was around $15,000 which was the amount KC told TL she had in savings. Does anyone else remember this?
bolded by me

Yes...I do remember. I stink at searching the posts and documents but will try to find it

KC did tell some people that she had 15,000.00 in the bank. Then George stated in his LE interview that he had opened a bank account for Caylee and KC's name was on it also but I believe the amount was 100.00 or so. He stated KC cleaned out the bank account and Caylee's piggy bank.

:crazy:
My thoughts are that SA may want to use #5 aggravating factor in order to bring in the evidence that KC sold photos to ABC . This way they can allow the jury to decide if it should count or not.
What do you all opine? lawyers? what are your thoughts?

Here is aggravating factor #5 as it reads:
5) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value

Would KC's freedom count? Now I have to make a dash over to the irony thread.

KC did tell some people that she had 15,000.00 in the bank. Then George stated in his LE interview that he had opened a bank account for Caylee and KC's name was on it also but I believe the amount was 100.00 or so. He stated KC cleaned out the bank account and Caylee's piggy bank.

Yes...that may be in the july fbi tapes. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami