Was Joe involved?

I have had to edit 4 posts. I'm done. The thread will close and time outs will be given for any further name calling.

But why? Why was she part of a cover up? Why would she want to risk her own hide to protect somebody who she doesn't love and who is apparently capable of doing anything to anybody? Wouldn't everybody be better off with that person in prison? Why did she point her finger at him in the beginning, he could have stabbed her for saying he was a molester? It's not like keeping her silence made her safe since Joe could have stabbed her just to get rid of a witness before she talks.

I don't understand why certain people do this. I guess I would have to be in their shoes to really understand what I have never been able to understand. But she nor Tommy are the first ones to make a pact to cover up a murder and then eventually will come forth with what they knew all along.

In the James Sullivan case where he hired a hit man to murder his wife Lita it took 19 years to bring him to justice. It took 10 years for the girlfriend of the hit man to even come forth with what she had known all those years. She even went with him when JS paid him the money. She said she was fearful of him because he told her he would kill her too and her family if she told anyone. She knew he had already murdered someone so another one wouldn't matter. She said she knew he was capable and they weren't just idle threats. She was still fearful of him even though they had broken up years ago.

So I guess the mindset may change if the people who don't tell already know the perp has murdered someone.

I think Misty knew by then if he tried to come to Satsuma the police would know since I think she knew they were watching all three of them. I wouldnt be surprised if Joe told her he didnt want to go down where the police were even when he was in Satsuma before he returned home.

IMO

Donjeta # 827 - I agree.

If you go to the Croslin's MS pages and look at family photos, No one appears to be in fear of JO.

They don't appear to be afraid of Joe because they weren't afraid of Joe.

I don't think they were a bit scared of him at all. None. Not one bit. There is a mountain of evidence, all over the place, that they weren't scared of Joe.

But thing thing is, the theory that Joe is very, very deeply involved depends in no way on anybody being scared of Joe. I think there is reason to strongly suspect Joe was deeply involved, but I don't believe they were scared of Joe.

There are two more tapes up today. Misty is speaking. Misty is talking not about Joe but about Ronald. Misty even states in one tape that she wished she had stayed in TN. Worth a listen. If Misty was afraid of Joe she would not now be wishing she stayed in TN when she was there. MOO

I think Joe was involved. I also think that Misty and Tommy were involved also to the point that whatever their involvement was that to say anything about Joe it would implicate them also.. they know that they are NOT innocent in this.. so to confess about Joe before now would of implicated them. They thought that they could outsmart the police and thought that saying nothing would work... finally they realize it wont so part of the truth is coming out here and there.

I think Joe will be arrested.. they are just waiting for solid evidence.

There are two more tapes up today. Misty is speaking. Misty is talking not about Joe but about Ronald. Misty even states in one tape that she wished she had stayed in TN. Worth a listen. If Misty was afraid of Joe she would not now be wishing she stayed in TN when she was there. MOO

Well of course she does. lol Then she and Joe could continue the ruse that they had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance or had any knowledge about what happened to her and she wouldnt have FLDE breathing down her neck.

Then they could try to dump everything on Tommy, I guess.

IMO, the reason she hung around Joe in TN in the first place is so no one would get suspicious since he had just come to visit her in Florida.

IMO

Well of course she does. lol Then she and Joe could continue the ruse that they had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance or had any knowledge about what happened to her and she wouldnt have FLDE breathing down her neck.

Then they could try to dump everything on Tommy, I guess.

IMO, the reason she hung around Joe in TN in the first place is so no one would get suspicious since he had just come to visit her in Florida.

IMO

With all due respect, I don't believe Misty and Joe have any ruse going. Speculation is one thing. Evidence is another. Joe is not in jail. The Players are in jail.

I just posted this over in the tapes thread. It doesn't make any sense does it gram? I mean even if she meant she should have never came to Florida at all, Joe still lived there.

I just posted this over in the tapes thread. It doesn't make any sense does it gram? I mean even if she meant she should have never came to Florida at all, Joe still lived there.

I agree Elle. It doesn't make any sense at all. If Joe was involved Misty, Hank and Lisa have all been in TN and no fear shown. I'm not saying he didn't have a fight with Ronald. But I think this goes further than everyone pointing the finger at Joe alone.

ETA when I say everyone in the sentence above I mean "Players".

My question is though, why isn't Joe speaking out for himself. Although we are getting the info second or third hand Aunt V is stating that Joe answered questions during the interrogations with no comment. Over and over she said he replied no comment. IF his cousins are implicating him and stating they are suspicious of him, and he has nothing to be guilty of then why answer with no comment.

In my opinion Joe might have information that could bring this case to a close( if he tells the truth) He or his lawyer will not answer questions about the fight over the gun, and neither will RC. Le will not answer the questions about the fight with a gun either. The fight over the gun seems to be the biggest motive in this mess and no-one is talking about it.

I understand clearly why LE has cleared no-one and think all the world is a suspect because everyone last one of them are hiding something and have not told the truth about the night Haleigh went missing. It is such a sad situation and I wish there were more answers to be had, I guess we will have to wait.

With all due respect, I don't believe Misty and Joe have any ruse going. Speculation is one thing. Evidence is another. Joe is not in jail. The Players are in jail.
Excuse me?:waitasec: I never said it was a fact but just my opinion. I never knew it was a fact that Joe and Misty didn't have a ruse going on. Nor did I know it was a fact that the players that are involved in Haleigh's disappearance are all in jail.

I am glad you cleared that up for me for I certainly didn't know any of those facts.

Thank you.

I agree Elle. It doesn't make any sense at all. If Joe was involved Misty, Hank and Lisa have all been in TN and no fear shown. I'm not saying he didn't have a fight with Ronald. But I think this goes further than everyone pointing the finger at Joe alone.

ETA when I say everyone in the sentence above I mean "Players".

Yes, well...I'm thinkin' "whoops" on Tommy.

Clearly he (Tommy) didn't have access to Misty's taped conversations when he decided to try the version where the whole family was completely terrified of knife-wielding Joe the baloney-lover.

They should really let Tommy & Misty talk more.

Not. :crazy:

Elle I think one member of this family is listening to his attorney. :) I believe Joe is involved, to some degree. Can I say in my mind he murdered Haleigh. No. I can't blame any one party in this total confused mess. I'm saying I believe it is far more complicated than Joe being a threatening individual that everyone fears. Something happened. The gun incident in my mind happened. Is there evidence of that? Not that we know for sure. Only hearsay. And as LE said there are several Persons of Interest. I have to believe LE knows what happened and will prove it. Joe is probably some part of this but I'm not sure he acted alone nor am I sure he is the one that actually hurt Haleigh.

Ron is hiding the gun information, Joe is hiding the gun information. Why? I still have feelings that an unknown will be brought into this. Yet everyone else says a fight happened. What happened to Haleigh? I hope LE knows. Yes we have few facts. When LE brings charges against Joe, if they do, that IMO would be the time to talk. Until then he doesn't have to talk. He is accused by his relatives but not charged. Legally he is within his right to not talk with all of the fingers pointed at him. Morally, if he is innocent I would prefer to see him talk.

I agree Joe could clear some things up. But if he is being advised to be quiet by his attorney that is his right. He would if arrested have to defend himself. Until then, right now it is all hearsay.

What I strongly believe is that guns are a big part of this case. But what I believe, don't make it so. I'm just like everyone else with personal beliefs and little evidence.

Having just served on a felony jury trial one of the first instructions we were given is that we cannot weigh to any degree, any possible guilt or innocence based on whether or not the defendant chose to take the stand. It was his right not to speak, that the burden was on the State to prove the charges. So I believe this may be why Joe is being quiet as directed by his attorney.

I still can't say whether he is responsible for murdering Haleigh either and I have been stuck on this guy from the beginning.
I would never be picked for a jury trial, I read the news too much and develop too many preconceived notions about guilt or innocence...lol I At least I can recognize these faults in myself!

Yes, well...I'm thinkin' "whoops" on Tommy.

Clearly he (Tommy) didn't have access to Misty's taped conversations when he decided to try the version where the whole family was completely terrified of knife-wielding Joe the baloney-lover.

They should really let Tommy & Misty talk more.

Not. :crazy:

What I don't understand is why Florra Hollars never mentioned these past incidents of Joe if they are true? None of this adds up.

Misty has more reason to be afraid of LE than she does of Joe, and if she had stayed in TN with Joe and lawyered up along with Joe, she would have been as safe from Putnam County LE as Joe is.

More and more evidence keeps appearing that Misty and Tommy are not afraid of Joe, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Misty and Tommy were lying when they said they were afraid of Joe.

Ocean you are correct at the present time there are Players in jail. In the future there may be more Players in jail. I should have made that more clear. If Joe is guilty of anything I hope they do put him in jail. But so far he isn't. Or if he is it has been kept a big secret. I do believe he is somehow involved. I'm just not ready to take the leap that he is everything that the Players in jail have said he is. For me, putting my complete faith in anything the "current players" say is a leap. MOO.

A man who visited Haleigh Cummings' family in Satsuma and returned to Tennessee the day she disappeared is not a suspect, police said Saturday as the frustrating search for the missing 5-year-old continued.

Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office told reporters during an afternoon briefing that the man, a cousin of Haleigh's father's girlfriend, was interviewed after detectives learned of him early in the investigation and was subsequently ruled out.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...cousin_not_a_suspect_in_haleigh_cummings_case

A cousin of Croslin who lives in Tennessee but had recently visited the area is not a suspect or “person of interest” in the case.

“We got a lead about him early on and interviewed him. He is not a suspect,” Schauland said.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...ssee-not-a-suspect-in-Haleigh-s-disappearance

Since facts regarding Joe Overstreet are in short supply, let me point out 3 documented facts that have, to date, stood the test of time over the past 15 months:

(1) Joe Overstreet is not a suspect.

(2) Joe Overstreet is not a person of interest.

(3) Joe Overstreet has been ruled out.

For fifteen months, Joe Overstreet has not run, nor has he been in hiding. He has sat at his mother’s house while incarcerated drug addicts who are proven liars have attempted to attack his standing with LE in this investigation, yet still, Joe Overstreet remains a free man whose status with LE has never publicly changed.

Not one other person in this investigation has received this level of clearance by LE with the possible exception of the a/c man. Maybe it’s actually because he is an innocent man.

Ocean you are correct at the present time there are Players in jail. In the future there may be more Players in jail. I should have made that more clear. If Joe is guilty of anything I hope they do put him in jail. But so far he isn't. Or if he is it has been kept a big secret. I do believe he is somehow involved. I'm just not ready to take the leap that he is everything that the Players in jail have said he is. For me, putting my complete faith in anything the "current players" say is a leap. MOO.

I certainly agree with that. I wouldn't trust these cast of players including Joe Overstreet if I saw their own tongues being notarized. I have felt for awhile that LE has much more information from their lengthy investigation than the "stories" of these infamous threesome. Months ago law enforcement came to Tommy wanting him to tell them about Joe so imo Joe has been on their radar most likely since Haleigh went missing. Of course at that time and maybe even now he was in a CYA mode for the family pack, imo and so was Misty and JO was going to deny,deny, deny to the bitter end.

I never put my all my faith in any one player in any case and I certainly don't do it in this one that is for sure. Like in all cases I try to look at the case with logic, objectivity and try hard to not let my own biases, dislikes or emotions skew my thought processes.

While it is only my own opinion, I do see the participants involved in this case as Tommy, Joe and Misty and at this time I see Joe Overstreet as the main perpetrator. That of course is subject to change should evidence be revealed that disputes it but as it stand now, I am more convinced than ever that he is not an after the fact player.

JMO though

Since facts regarding Joe Overstreet are in short supply, let me point out 3 documented facts that have, to date, stood the test of time over the past 15 months:

(1) Joe Overstreet is not a suspect.

(2) Joe Overstreet is not a person of interest.

(3) Joe Overstreet has been ruled out.

For fifteen months, Joe Overstreet has not run, nor has he been in hiding. He has sat at his mother’s house while incarcerated drug addicts who are proven liars have attempted to attack his standing with LE in this investigation, yet still, Joe Overstreet remains a free man whose status with LE has never publicly changed.

Not one other person in this investigation has received this level of clearance by LE with the possible exception of the a/c man. Maybe it’s actually because he is an innocent man.

That holds true for all the cast of players.

Misty hasn't been named a suspect or a POI.
Tommy hasn't been named a suspect or a POI.
Ron Cummings has not been named a suspect or POI

No one has and I suspect that no one will be named until they are arrested and charged with the crime(s)

JOs own mother said he keeps close to the house now and Joe said he has lost a lot of his family over this.

I think Joe is smart enough to know that LE has him under surveillance and is watching him if he makes a move. He doesn't even have a car that I am aware of so him fleeing is a stretch.

I just cant fathom the DA releasing these disparaging tapes about Joe if they thought he was an innocent man. I don't think they have ever thought he was innocent. The DA has to know by revealing this information it is putting extreme pressure and anxiety on Overstreet and imo the DA wants him to sweat.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back