OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, maybe the teacher was still in "Kyron is with mom" mode when she got the email, and figured mom and Kyron would come get it since he'd left with her that day? I don't know. The teacher was obviously having a hectic day, and wasn't thinking anything was "off" at that point, so she didn't really have a reason to be second guessing.

Wouldn't have to be at skyline.... I know it was a stupid thought, but just trying to think of who might have reason to hurt this family.

She taught for one year at Mooberry Elementary, Hillsboro, OR. She taught during the 2002-2003 school year.

(Love that school name, by the way.)

Has it been confirmed that the stepmom said something about an appointment to the teacher? Or is it still just rumor?

BeanE, I apologize. The last thread closed before I had a chance to respond to your request for a link. It's a rumor at this point.....that's why I started my post with the word "Supposedly".

Sadly, few facts and no linkys seems to be the theme in this case. :(

Where are you Kyron?

Now there's a video up for this.

Classmate: 'I Hope My Best Friend Will Come Back'

http://www.kptv.com/video/23842579/index.html

Totally quarterbacking here-but unless LE said to go ahead with this, I am confused as to why this baby is giving interviews and statements asking for his friend to come home and family isnt...and yes I get that LE is requesting family be quiet, but this makes me sad. JMVHO. Not bashing family-I am a huge fan of following le direction in a case like this.

Hm, maybe the teacher was still in "Kyron is with mom" mode when she got the email, and figured mom and Kyron would come get it since he'd left with her that day? I don't know. The teacher was obviously having a hectic day, and wasn't thinking anything was "off" at that point, so she didn't really have a reason to be second guessing.

ITA I just would love to see the email. I know in my heart the teacher thought that Kyron was with his mother, nothing else would make any sence what so ever.

Maybe if they had a notification system in place before he went missing and failed to do so, but since they didn't, I don't know about that. Not that a lawsuit couldn't be attempted, but I have my doubts on how successful it would be.

Same here....and, again, we have no idea what the teacher was told, why she wasn't alarmed that Kyron wasn't there.

I wish LE would just give a quick tip of the cards so that we could at least figure that bit out. It's central, I think.

I'm not real sure how absence recording works everywhere...teachers chime in please.

At my son's school I think it goes like this...

Parents notify the school office - then the office notifies the teacher.

The teacher takes roll - then sends it to the office - where it is compared with the notification list.

If there were a student marked absent who was not on the office list - a call goes to the home.

Now, if that were the case here - the folks in the office would have had to have talked to the teacher - and she would have had to have convincingly told them that the mom notified her that Kyron would be absent.

It's a small school - like my son's - so I'm sure the folks in the office communicated with the teacher over this - doncha think?

If there were even the slightest hint of confusion - a call to the parents should have been made.
Students are usually "marked" tardy, absent (excused - meaning you have a note or have talked to a parent) or absent (unexcused - meaning you have heard nothing from nobody).

This is usually recorded on a card, or roster and sent to the office by a certain time. The office then matches up the phone calls (from parents that say Johnny will be absent) with the "unexcused" reports by the teachers.

Here, we do get phone calls - but the phone calls don't come usually until around 7 in the evening of the day the child was absent! I know this because I've had my kids absent and forgot to call the school - and that is what time I got the call. Little late in my book - but...........

Attendance is VERY CAREFULLY guarded and well tracked as that is where the schools get their federal money from. Why (or what) was different on this day - I don't know.

Unless of course, Kyron's friend said "But teacher, Kyron didn't go home with his stepmom - I saw him going to look at an electricity project after she left."

I am a teacher and our attendance system is a computerized one. I teach high school, so attendance is done every hour by the teacher teaching the particular class. But for our elementary system they can mark a child absent all day. Most elementary kids don't go to art, music, or p.e. every day, so even if Kyron was supposed to have say p.e. at 2:30, the p.e. teacher would have seen that he was marked absent all day and would not be the least bit alarmed that he was not there.

As for multiple teachers in the room~ this is a very small school, so the likely hood of two full time teachers in a classroom is slim. There may, however, have been a teacher aide or even an ABA therapist if Kyron had any children with special needs in his class.

Just some food for thought!

This topic is kind of off-limits except as to establishing a timeline. The step-brother is a minor and we do NOT sleuth minors at Websleuths. In addition, this child was NOT in the vicinity and LE, nor the mainstream media have given any reason to go down this path.

So don't.

Let me or one of the other mods know if you have questions.

Salem

My question was only about timeline. When the event started and when it ended?

Sorry.

I'm not real sure how absence recording works everywhere...teachers chime in please.

The teacher takes roll - then sends it to the office - where it is compared with the notification list.

If there were a student marked absent who was not on the office list - a call goes to the home.

Now, if that were the case here - the folks in the office would have had to have talked to the teacher - and she would have had to have convincingly told them that the mom notified her that Kyron would be absent.

It's a small school - like my son's - so I'm sure the folks in the office communicated with the teacher over this - doncha think?

If there were even the slightest hint of confusion - a call to the parents should have been made.

At the small school I taught at I recorded the absences in my grade book and sent an absentee form to the office. We didn't have a policy to call if your child would be absent, so often times we didn't get an excuse note until the child came back to school. There was no call home.

They have already stated they don't call home about absences at Skyline, and the principal and teacher said they assumed Kyron had gone home with SM, so I can see why no one was concerned about his whereabouts. It was a hectic day, the teacher might not have even gone in the office during the school day because of the activities. A lot of the time, when I was teaching, I didn't see the secretary except for in the morning and before I left to go home, I was busy in my room and had no reason to go down there.

Ahhh doing radio check in, SAR post at Quarry Rd, so they are going to be out there today!
Yayyy.. Find Kyron!!
(heard that on web scanner too)

fyi from the scanner thread. It appears we have an idea of where the SAR team will be searching today.

Why is this a secret about why the teacher thought that Kyron was absent anyways? I mean seriously It would explain alot. If the teacher made a mistake and had absolutely no idea that he was missing dispite the back pack and coat hanging up, dispite the fact his project was displayed and he was so proud...I'd be shocked and horrified and highly doubt that anyone would or could miss Kyron being missing no matter how hetic of a day it was. Therefor I believe the teacher saw him, understood that the left with his mother and would be returning (thats why the stuff was still there)...Why this is a secret and they wont release it? I don't know.

She only taught one year. 2002-2003, and not in the Skyline school.

Thought I read on her FB that she helped out with the reading program at Skyline. Sorry, I don't want to have to go through the wall again trying to find that info and not sure if allowed to do so.

Unless of course, Kyron's friend said "But teacher, Kyron didn't go home with his stepmom - I saw him going to look at an electricity project after she left."

But if the teacher assumed Kyron had left for the "appointment" with SM, she wouldn't have asked the class where Kyron was in the first place.

There was a pretty clear statement from a school official at the very beginning of the case that the school did NOT have any type of notification process, because they felt that absences were not a problem at their school. Since then, due to either LE or their own legal advice, all that has come out is information regarding the newly implemented procedures.

jmo

fyi from the scanner thread. It appears we have an idea of where the SAR team will be searching today.

Sorry for the silly question but what is/where would I find the scanner thread?! TY!

A few threads ago pufnstuf posted re Kyron's SM --- talking about what a devoted mom she really seems to be:

She is very active in Kyron's life, takes him to swimming lessons, participates as a room mother in his class, loves him as her own. Refers to him as her son.

No attempt by me to single out swimming group! There are probably a number of groups (like soccer, etc.) where Kyron met instructors, other students of various ages, as well as their parents. I'd be sure that LE has been checking out babysitters, coaches and instructors...

Why no scent trail?

I wish we had more locals on the thread to give us a picture of a normal day for a 2nd grader at Skyline. It would make it so much easier for us to find out what was off or diferent about this day if we knew more about how a regular one was structured.

At my kids elementary school there is no homeroom, etc. There is simply the classroom and their teacher. They leave the room for recess, lunch and twice a week for music/art and PE.

Also it would be interesting to know the class size of Kyron's class. My kids were blessed with very small class size (10 to 15 students) this year but there are other schools in my disctrict had extremely large class size (28 to 30).

I wish we had more locals too for input. My son has his homeroom class, but he goes to 2 different teachers during the day not including his PE , Art, libary, social group and music classes, and to top that off he also has 2 aides one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

When he was in 2nd grade he did have two teachers one class in the morning and the other in the afternoon all the kids do in 2nd grade here.

If my son is not in school by 9:05 am I get a call immediately wanting to know where he is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592