Working Theories Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my working Theory for today.

Hi Emma,

I respectfully snipped this bit. You and I are on the same page too. Many good points too if I may say so.

1) Kyron knew this person, so well that his or her presence in the school or grounds, never set off any bells.
2) I am leaning to an outer family person, or a common face at school.
3) I still feel that he or she asked him to come outside to help bring something in and when he went out, he was forced into a car or trunk.
4) if this was a distant relative it was planned, if it was someone other than that, it could be that Kyron was in the wrong place at the right time for this person. He may have just been "cruising" that day and got lucky with the fair and talent show. It gave him an opportunity to be at the school, unnoticed. Bern

Emma Peel

Today my updated working theory connects these assumptions:
1) Kyron was specifically the target - this was a planned Kyron abduction.
2) Kyron knew the person he left school with
3) The person(s) knew Kyron’s schedule
4) The person(s) were familiar with this particular school and the school schedule
5) The person(s) may have used another school kid to lure Kyron
6) LE believes this to be the case due to a credible lead
7) It involves someone(s) known to the family
8) It involves someone(s) known to the school
9) It involves more than one family in this community
10) The community has an idea
11) The neighbors house has recently been searched
12) Kyron’s brother only recently moved hours away (reason?)
13) Kyron’s brother was away camping with his father
14) Kyron knows older kids - teens - through his brother

In summary… today I’m considered something like the Olten case – with criminal deviant behavior by some teen(s) who knew Kyron. And a community in shock.

I reserve, as always, the right to change my opinion tomorrow. So, go ahead and have at it! :dance:

Just wanted to jump off some of your points, I put them in your quotes, sorry no cut and paste to get them out of the shaded box.

I theorize that LE & the FBI have a perp in mind. I theorize the reason that they showed pics of Kyron w/o his glasses on is b/c they found his glasses. I theorize Kyron's perp is someone he knows & trusts very well. I theorize the reason the authorities are asking for pics & videos of the day before Kyron went missing is b/c they're looking for a specific vehicle to be linked to a "dry run". I theorize LE is figuring out the motive right now.

My theory is that the police are working various theories simultaneously while trying to figure out exactly what happened and that they named it a criminal investigation on Sunday in order to be able to obtain search warrants and do other things they are not allowed to do when invesitgating a simpler missing persons case.

I have a theory as well. It is based on illuision. What you think you see isn't always what you see.

The perfect illusion theory: (written very carefully so may seem a little scripted I appoligise in advance)

* Behavior and actions may lead people around them to believe that this person is amazing and can juggle many things with perfection. Multitasker, dreamer, self sacrificing, amazing, strong and martar might be words that describe what you think you see.
* Talented, beautiful, smart, perfect family, perfect children, giving might be examples of what they need you to think. The illusion is important and unmoveable. If you try to shake the illusion or allude to not seeing what you "must" see this is shattering!

Sometimes what we see isn't nearly as important as what we never get to see.

The rest of my theory to come at a later date.

well this isn't MY theory, just a possibility i thought of. Since it seems no one saw kyron leave the school with anyone, it's possible he didn't leave the school immediately after his "last seen" he could have been hidden away somewhere in the school and concealed/removed after the school day when everyone left/was leaving. just a thought.

darn...this is harder than i thought it woud be...it is really hard not to be able to discuss another's post....my theory involves domestic dysfunction and i don't know how much further i can go with that

Hmm. My theory involves domestic dysfunction as well.

So....just thinking out loud here: Crimes and accidents and the like occur at all times of the day, in all walks of life, and while people are going about their usual business, whatever that may be. Usually these crimes or accidents catch people unaware and offguard due to a sequence of events that occurs: i.e. you head into work one morning, realize you forgot to put a file in your briefcase the night before, head back home to get it, hurry because you know you're going to be late, get in a car accident as a result etc etc.
Sometimes these sequence of events that occur during the time frame of a crime or accident involve activities that, say, might be secret, unknown, or frowned upon by others. Say, for example, you are having an affair outside of your marriage, and your spouse has a heart attack while you are in a compromising place with another person. The hospital calls you to tell you your spouse has had a heart attack....and it takes you much longer to 'come from the bank' or wherever you were supposed to be than it should.
Or say you are involved in an activity like such and a crime occurs that requires you to divulge your whereabouts of every second, your cell phone usage, as well as anyone in your life that may, say, have access to your child, family, or motivation for harm to you or yours. Suddenly activities that may have been secret may be divulged- or- out of fear or shame, may still be withheld despite the necessity of divulging them to LE to solve the crime.
Sometimes those activities lead to crimes, but because the activities are somewhat clandestine, the crime (or accident) appears much more confusing because the information surrounding it is misrepresented due to the nature of the activity.
Hmm. Does this make any sense?

Suddenly activities that may have been secret may be divulged- or- out of fear or shame, may still be withheld despite the necessity of divulging them to LE to solve the crime.
Sometimes those activities lead to crimes, but because the activities are somewhat clandestine, the crime (or accident) appears much more confusing because the information surrounding it is misrepresented due to the nature of the activity.
Hmm. Does this make any sense?

Yes! It does to me! I've been wondering if the Hormans have some unconventional or embarrassing habits/beliefs/activities that they really don't want to come to light during this investigation. Not so much because they want to avoid embarrassment, but because the public would be scandalized or so caught up in dissecting these actions that the search for Kyron would be overshadowed.

Family members have been notably scarce since Kyron disappeared eight days ago from his rural school in Northwest Portland, drawing national attention and questions to investigators. Sheriff's officials said the family has wanted to keep the focus on Kyron.

Larry Moulton of Roseburg, the father of the boy's stepmother, said investigators urged the family to avoid the spotlight. But Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said that's not true. A sheriff's captain who has been working with the family "had a conversation with them and that's when they decided to talk to the media," he said.
both quotes from http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

The family didn't appear in public to make the plea. They want to keep the focus on Kyron, said Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults.

"They know that it's very important to keep the objective on Kyron and him, not on them," said Shults, who has been with the family since the second-grader went missing.
from http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/family_says_please_dont_stop_s.html

Why would these parents be so concerned that merely speaking in public would divert attention from Kyron? When they finally made their first appearance in a press conference, there was nothing bizarre or strange about any of them that I noticed. But if TH and/or KH were doing something that day that would elicit scandalized chatter or finger wagging disapproval, they might have needed time away from the cameras to talk with others who were aware of their activities and ask them not to be all gossipy. And also, it could be that they explained what was happening to LE, who - after consideration - agreed that these activities were likely irrelevant to Kyron's disappearance and would only distract from finding him; and then LE may have agreed to not divulge these details so long as they were thought to be irrelevant.

As random examples - NOT THEORIES or rumors related to the Horman's specifically as these have no basis in fact - what if you (as a parent/couple) had spent a few hours at a couple's sex therapy session. Would you want that to be made public? Probably not. Or if one of you had an addiction (say, gambling or drug) that no one knew about and you were at a 12-step meeting. Or even, if one had such an addiction and were taking part in it at the time of Kyron's disappearance, you wouldn't want the public to know. That type of thing, but the possibilities are numerous.

I'm not wedded to a specific theory yet because there just isn't enough evidence known to give particular weight to any theory.

I do have a theory as to how it happened if it were a stranger abduction.

In such a situation, I think the perp was someone who was not associated with the school but could have given a plausible reason for being in the school that morning had he been confronted.

I think he was someone who was a friend or perhaps even a dating partner of one of the parents in the school. Either because he was grooming that parent or because he was trying to garner information about the school.

I think the actual abduction was opportunistic in nature. No one knew he was going to be in the school that day. He went to the school with his plausible reason for being there and, had he used it, he would have left the school without abducting Kyron.

I think he was able to blend in with the rest of the adults there, meaning that he looks between 30 and 45 years old (the approximate age range of the parent of a 5-14 year old child). For some reason, I think of him as dressing a notch above jeans and a T shirt. I imagine him wearing something like Dockers and a polo shirt or maybe a sweat shirt. He'd dress very white collar and probably wear a wedding ring, whether he's married or not (to foster the illusion that he belonged in a school).

He happened upon Kyron alone and out of earshot of other people. Like the Adam Walsh abduction, the potential witnesses present were focusing on the exhibits rather than the environment.

He asked Kyron to help him bring something in from his vehicle and probably told him that his teacher or the principal of the school had okay'd it. Being a helpful, rule observant little boy, Kyron didn't question it.

He walked with Kyron out to his vehicle, keeping an eye out for witnesses. If anyone had seen them together, the abduction would have been aborted, Kyron would have returned to the school unharmed.

When he and Kyron got to the vehicle, there were no eyewitnesses in sight. Given the popularity of SUVs and trucks, no matter where he was parked, the sight lines were probably quite short.

He would not have been on the school's phone list, so he did not go in on Sunday to be interviewed. No one knew he was going to be at the school that day, so no one has identified him as a possible witness or suspect.

Sadly, if this theory is correct, I believe he killed Kyron and disposed of his body before anyone realised that Kyron was unaccounted for. There is a link between him and the school, it's just a tenuous one but enough that he can't risk keeping a captive.

Very plausible theory, thanks.

I think it's significant that nearly a third of the students are transfers from outside the neighborhood (i.e. from around the district and even interdistrict transfers). But not necessarily because the person was connected to one of the transfer students.

I believe this fact would lead to even less vigilance on the part of staff and local parents, especially on a day where there is an open-house of sorts. If they expect to see people they are less than familiar with, then the presence of a 'strange' adult isn't going to set off any warning bells or even consciously register. Therefore, as long as the person could blend in (as you describe above) he'd essentially be invisible to all those around him.

I theorize that LE & the FBI have a perp in mind. I theorize the reason that they showed pics of Kyron w/o his glasses on is b/c they found his glasses. I theorize Kyron's perp is someone he knows & trusts very well. I theorize the reason the authorities are asking for pics & videos of the day before Kyron went missing is b/c they're looking for a specific vehicle to be linked to a "dry run". I theorize LE is figuring out the motive right now.

I agree with the bolded, for sure. And, IMO, the glasses were meant to be found.

Here is my working Theory for today.

I just realized Calliope and I are on the same page today. LOL. Okay then!

Last I posted, days ago, it was 5 BIG THINGS, and concluded this was a Kyron-as-specific-target abduction. Here I’m looking a little closer at who the perp might possibly be – using the community & LE behavior signals as clues…

This is revised, and has new analysis and assumptions, but some of it will look familiar. (It's a workin' theory so, I reworked it :))

SEVEN BIG things that stick in my craw:

1) We know Kyron did not leave school on his own or without a reason, some convincing or luring.

(This has been confirmed with the transition from SAR to criminal investigation.)

2) This was a hectic and abnormal school day of happy hustle-bustle visitors going in and out of this little school for special events. It was widely known in the school community, and posted on the school external billboard at the end of the school year.
(This (above) is a generally acceptable fact of the day of Kyron’s disappearance.)

3) There was some sort of breach in communication between Kyron’s caretakers. (Parent/Teacher) with regard to whether Kyron was staying in school after visiting the Science Fair. We will just call this the breach in parent/teacher miscommunication.

(LE knows what happened between the understanding parent and teacher by now.)

Note: Upon this, we are left to speculate for now. This breach plays into theories involving the teacher receiving incorrect information about where Kyron would be that day, either accidentally, or nefariously/on purpose. It also could just be simple teacher oversight – although we note – the teacher was not put on leave. This breach is likely an important investigation focal point. This breakdown created a huge gap in time for alerting about Kyron's disappearance. This breakdown created opportunity on an opportune day.

4) Kyron was scheduled to leave town for the weekend – for his scheduled visit with his Medford family – Desiree/Tony. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

5) Searches Continue as if for body disposal. LE has strong leads - reasons to search where they are searching.

6) General Observations that stick in my craw: This investigation has been characterized by LE as “unique” and “special” and “an isolated case”. The press is acquiescent to LE requests for hush hush. LE characterizes the family as completely cooperating. It’s a criminal investigation/missing/endangered child. LE does not characterize it as an abduction. The family seems united in their reluctance to make public statements and appeals. There is uniquely cooperative and quiet behavior in the community - the school, Intel, extended family, neighbors, friends – have all been extremely tight lipped about this case.

7) All of the above = The Perfect Storm.
What an incredible coincidence that the EXACT child whose caretakers had a breach/misunderstanding - in the parent-teacher expectation/communication - that EXACT busy morning is the EXACT child that was somehow lured away on the EXACT day he was scheduled to leave town for a weekend away.

Do you believe in coincidences such as this? What are the odds?

Should we do the math? Statistically speaking, what are the odds where the initial event of a breach of communications with regard to ONE child in a contained and secured system of 224 children leads to the vanishing event of that EXACT ONE child on this EXACT special school event calendar day of approx. 185 school days, and on one of the few Fridays he scheduled to leave town for Medford for the weekend?

That’s a probability problem (lol) and I can’t remember exactly how to calculate it. Never-the-less, it’s rather slim odds.

Today my updated working theory connects these assumptions:
1) Kyron was specifically the target - this was a planned Kyron abduction.
2) Kyron knew the person he left school with
3) The person(s) knew Kyron’s schedule
4) The person(s) were familiar with this particular school and the school schedule
5) The person(s) may have used another school kid to lure Kyron
6) LE believes this to be the case due to a credible lead
7) It involves someone(s) known to the family
8) It involves someone(s) known to the school
9) It involves more than one family in this community
10) The community has an idea
11) The neighbors house has recently been searched
12) Kyron’s brother only recently moved hours away (reason?)
13) Kyron’s brother was away camping with his father
14) Kyron knows older kids - teens - through his brother

In summary… today I’m considered something like the Olten case – with criminal deviant behavior by some teen(s) who knew Kyron. And a community in shock.

I reserve, as always, the right to change my opinion tomorrow. So, go ahead and have at it! :dance:

Good Morning Ms.Peel,
With regard to #6, I wonder if this case was described as "unique" simply because a child disappeared inside the school, while the faculty was present ?

I have a theory as well. It is based on illuision. What you think you see isn't always what you see.

The perfect illusion theory: (written very carefully so may seem a little scripted I appoligise in advance)

* Behavior and actions may lead people around them to believe that this person is amazing and can juggle many things with perfection. Multitasker, dreamer, self sacrificing, amazing, strong and martar might be words that describe what you think you see.
* Talented, beautiful, smart, perfect family, perfect children, giving might be examples of what they need you to think. The illusion is important and unmoveable. If you try to shake the illusion or allude to not seeing what you "must" see this is shattering!

Sometimes what we see isn't nearly as important as what we never get to see.

The rest of my theory to come at a later date.

oh my! i am totally onboard with your analogy....as a very amateur "profiler" i pay attention to the little things...the quality of the frog project, type of vehicle one drives, importance of body image, photos one posts online, etc (there is nothing wrong with any of those things and it is all JMO but added up it projects a certain type of personality) i started putting together my theory when i read the comment about not believing what you may see in the news. At this point there wasnt anything (at least what we saw) in any of the media other than Kyron was missing. Could there have been some major dysfunction going on at home that terri did not want leaked out? My theory becomes much more detailed but i am going to stop it there except to say i think it was premediated and i think the events of the day did indeed create that "perfect storm" i am hoping i have not crossed any lines with TOS

Here is John Walsh's theory:

"My gut feeling is they have a person of interest and they're trying to make sure they don't make mistakes that would compromise the case," Walsh said. "Of course, we all have to hold out hope this person is keeping Kyron alive and that the best end result is this boy will be gotten back alive."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23932306/detail.html

I hope that was OK to post here. I hope he is right!

This is very much what I am thinking also. Plus, if LE believes that a perp is out there right now who took Kyron, wouldn't they warn the community to some extent? I mean look at serial rape cases where LE warns the public to be careful and be on the lookout. Many schools are year round, so if LE thought that a perp was freely out there who took Kyron, they would have an obligation to let parents know something. If LE had any suspicions that there was a perp, they would let this be know to some degree. Instead, they have actually indicated the opposite. That this is an isolated incident. Many people on this board with perp theories seem to be ignoring this. Unless it is not true that LE has indicated that this is an isolated incident (I don't have first hand knowledge of them saying it - just many different sources reporting it), why would you think that a sex offender is out there free right now?

This is such a unique case where a child inside of a school simply vanishes.

But unfortunately for little Kyron it was a day perfect for a storm to form.

Not only was the school full of people as the school representative has said but it was full of unknown people too. This school didn't even require that visitors add their name to any list. They simply invited anyone and everyone to join in even announcing it up on their school outside billboard.

Predators take advantage of opportunities imo. They like to go where they know there is much distraction and everyone really isn't paying attention to everyone else. They like to appear to "fit in" and appear normal and having a reason for being there. They may even appear as doting and endearing to children.

So imo it was a disaster waiting to happen that day and it did not take the perpetrator long to see a little boy alone. This person may have even arrived early and scoping out his victim. Maybe he spoke to him and commented how great Kyron's exhibit was or made some other small conversation to put Kyron at ease. Maybe he asked Kyron had he seen the eclectic exhibit?

IMO, children think stranger/danger is for someone that looks like the boogeyman or woman who may nab them off the street or in their yards. In school children feel safe imo.

I think the perpetrator was already inside the school and saw Terri leave and saw Kyron going to his classroom.

It only takes moments for a predator to nab a child especially if they use a ruse that the child believes is true.

As I have already pointed out several times on various shows through the years I have watched in horror how easily it was for a predator to take the hand of a child and led them away even though the one posing as a predator was a cop but the children did not know that. They do not scream, they do not fight, they go because they trust adults even though schools and parents have told them they must not.

So I do think a predator has struck again. They are high risk takers and very sure of their abilities to decieve.

I also think it is highly likely that it was someone there that may have known Kyron through school or another way and knew he was shy and quiet and they took advantage of that.

I do not know for certain if I feel Kyron is dead or alive now.

IMO

When we post a theory, there needs to be some basis in fact. Or, it might be because of something that happened in another case.

It may be a bit early for many of us to come up with a theory at this point.

Bolded by me (BBM)

If your theory doesn't have some fact to base it on, your post is subject to removal without explanation. Since theory posts usually generate a lot of time to compose, please make sure it is plausible.

I realize many have theories in their minds, but if this turns into a rumor thread, it will be closed. Emma Peel's first post is a great guideline to follow, please read it carefully.

This post is landing randomly in this thread.

Expanding a bit more on what I posted above and bear with me as I sense I'm going to ramble a bit lol.

(this is going on the assumption Kyron was not a specific target)

Given the "feel" of the school, open and welcoming of community involvement and support, I think it very likely that they have had other days throughout the year where the school was essentially an open house. Thinking too about whether this was premeditated and to what degree, I wonder if this person had attended other 'open' school functions (regardless of any connection to the school, parents or students) and if there was a plan that evolved over time as they became aware of the school's trusting (almost naive) atmosphere and obvious lack of security.

Attending prior school functions would have also had the effect of establishing this person as someone who belonged to the school community.

In any case, I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened at the last "open house" type activity of the year. Had they chosen to do this at one hosted earlier in the year, their absence in subsequent open school functions would have been apparent.

ack

this probably isn't making sense

I'll go back to mulling this over...

I agree the 'isolated case' / 'no danger' comments are an educated guess by LE, no doubt due to expert profiling of the probable kidnapper. I know this causes some to conclude the family was involved, or that kyron himself was a specific premeditated target, but to me it says just the opposite. I think that LE has evidence of, or at the very least, a strong suspicion that this person has moved on, gone 'underground' as it was put by the former FBI agent in an interview. Along this vein, IMO tips regarding persons who suddenly 'dropped out of sight', quit their job or moved without notice in the days immediately following his disappearance would be particularly scrutinized by LE. Because of this, I think it may be helpful if LE released guidelines for the public similar to what police did in Kayleah's case (copied below for reference purposes only)

• Check and look along road sides, back roads, fields, dump areas that you may know about in the county or in the towns or areas you drive to or live near. These may be areas that you routinely drive, walk, run, jog, etc. Check any ditches or areas that are typically hard to see when driving by at high speeds. Other potential areas to check are under bridges, in abandoned barns or structures that are not normally occupied, abandoned vehicles, etc.

• If you notice a suspicious odor in an area, or see activities in or around abandoned homes or property; if you happen to see circling birds or gathering predators, like coyotes in or around an area, check it out to see if it is safe, or contact the local law enforcement agency near you to have it checked out.

• If you own property that is not currently occupied, check it out to make sure it is still secure and that everything inside is in order and as you expect it to be. If you know your neighbor is not home and you have permission to go on their property, check for any broken windows, doors, or suspicious activity or things that may appear out of place to you.

• If you live in a rural area and know your neighbors are gone for extended periods of time, drive by those areas and make note of any unusual cars, vehicles or things that appear out of place and are not consistent with what you are familiar with.

• If you live near an empty home or building, watch for any suspicious activity or unusual people or vehicles in or around the structure that are not normally there.

• Do NOT go in any buildings or homes that you do not own or trespass on private property, to search any areas.

• If you see or suspect anything suspicious, do not attempt to pick it up, touch it or contaminate the immediate surrounding areas. If you leave the area before authorities arrive try to leave the same way you came in so other potential items are not disturbed or contaminated.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23051506/detail.html

the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit gave several tips about what to watch for:

»People who come up with an excuse to leave this area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason, such as a work-related move, visiting a distant relative or friend.

»People who have missed work, called in sick, or asked to change shifts, particularly on days close to when the girl went missing.

»People with unexplained recent injuries, such as cuts or bruises on the head, hands or arms.

»An unexpected or sudden interest in the status of the investigation, paying very close attention to the media or avoiding conversations or activities related to the case.

»Minimizing or denying a known acquaintance with Kayleah.

»A recent display of nervousness or irritability.

»An increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

»Changes in routine sleep patterns.

»Changes in the “usual” consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, either an increase or decrease.

»Shaving off facial or head hair, or growing a mustache or beard.

»A person who is no longer driving, or changes the appearance of his or her vehicle for no obvious reason. These include suddenly keeping it in a shed or garage, covering it, painting or selling the vehicle, or reporting it was stolen or given away.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100416/NEWS/100419759

This is another reason why I believe it's no coincidence this happened during the last "open" school function of the year. Now that all potential witnesses who were present in the school that day have separated and scattered, off living their lives away from school, there is less chance they could collectively take notice of this person's behavior. IMO, this applies regardless of who took Kyron and I think that this much was premeditated. If not the specifics as to what child to abduct or what they'd do once they had them, then at least the choice of this particular day during this particular activity.

Which leads me to wonder if LE ever interviews potential witnesses as a group. Probably not. Wouldn't be admissible I'd think...

I get the feeling that locals are very frustrated in that, other than asking for "tips", LE hasn't involved them in any way. People want to help... and given the minimal opportunities I think that's why we saw such a huge amount of donations for searchers. Now I can understand LE not making public some of that information where it kinda tells people to search, but telling them what to watch for both in their general environment and regarding behavior could lead to a break in this. JMO

Have we all steered away from the theory that this was an abduction for ransom?

I have based on the reward being $25,000

I haven't.....but I know it's unpopular. ;)
The reward is certainly interesting....but then why the request for donations to cease? Why not up the reward? Considering the FBI's involvement and Kyron's case and location, why have they not matched or upped the reward as commonly occurs?
Could a ransom theory also possibly coincide with a trafficking theory? I haven't divorced anything at this point....perhaps not a 'ransom' in the truest sense of the word, but a 'being withheld' for manipulation purposes.

Then again...shoot. Some days, I still think this poor child just got lost looking for a frog.

Do we have any verification of when SM left other then what she said?

Good Morning Dairy G.,
Really, we have no verification of most events in this case. When constructing a theory,though, I think we can take certain things at face value ; we have to do that in order to theorize at all...

I do subscribe to that theory which cannot br discussed because of TOS. What I wonder about is this : it's looking as though this might be the perfect crime ; no body, no known perp,no known motive,no known evidence.... Is it possible that a first time murderer could have pulled this off,without a slip up ? Even people who do murder for hire make mistakes. The logistics of the crime are difficult ; get the child out of the school without anyone seeing, get him into a vehicle,again,without anyone seeing, take him from the area, do the crime, dispose of the body. Hard to believe this is the handiwork of someone who has never done it before.....

Yes! It does to me! I've been wondering if the Hormans have some unconventional or embarrassing habits/beliefs/activities that they really don't want to come to light during this investigation. Not so much because they want to avoid embarrassment, but because the public would be scandalized or so caught up in dissecting these actions that the search for Kyron would be overshadowed.

both quotes from http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

from http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/family_says_please_dont_stop_s.html

Why would these parents be so concerned that merely speaking in public would divert attention from Kyron? When they finally made their first appearance in a press conference, there was nothing bizarre or strange about any of them that I noticed. But if TH and/or KH were doing something that day that would elicit scandalized chatter or finger wagging disapproval, they might have needed time away from the cameras to talk with others who were aware of their activities and ask them not to be all gossipy. And also, it could be that they explained what was happening to LE, who - after consideration - agreed that these activities were likely irrelevant to Kyron's disappearance and would only distract from finding him; and then LE may have agreed to not divulge these details so long as they were thought to be irrelevant.

As random examples - NOT THEORIES or rumors related to the Horman's specifically as these have no basis in fact - what if you (as a parent/couple) had spent a few hours at a couple's sex therapy session. Would you want that to be made public? Probably not. Or if one of you had an addiction (say, gambling or drug) that no one knew about and you were at a 12-step meeting. Or even, if one had such an addiction and were taking part in it at the time of Kyron's disappearance, you wouldn't want the public to know. That type of thing, but the possibilities are numerous.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for being so much more eloquent!

In the latest media, LE is targeting specific waterways for evidence with divers. They will not id the area but state that it is an area that was searched before-I like the idea that during a search, they might have found his glasses.

My working theory was previously that Kyron was still inside the school somewhere, but I am going to trust that this has been thoroughly ruled out. So, now my theory is that he was clearly transported somewhere in a vehicle. I have not worked out where or by whom yet, but I also think it speaks volumes that LE is stating clearly there is not a general threat to all children in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxiannaWine